final fantasy 7 remake flops in sales

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22121 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Actually this is good news. Game shops is closed, which means this numbers is from preorders... damn that is a lot.

karma is a bitch.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 211 Posts
@davillain- said:

Couldn't careless on the sales. All you need to know is I'm enjoy it every bit of it. Minus the grinding parts. Also, got my physical copy on launch day ;)

I own both as well :)

Finishing up with Spider-Man and I'll progress to Final Fantasy VII Remake next.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2490 Posts

Go to Youtube, type in "ff7 remake physical copies" If there is more than 5 videos of people bragging about their physical copies then its ok.

Problem solved.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16176 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@Chutebox said:

Stupidity from the get go

nice insult.

oh wait let me write it so you understand...

TOUCHDOWN!!! bro

KB you nailed him, great work. Loving the thread too, much laughs to be had.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6803 Posts

@KBFloYd: Release an exclusive on a dead console...are you trying to sound stupid?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 45664 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Chutebox said:

nice insult.

TOUCHDOWN!!! bro

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 I_P_Daily

@Chutebox said:
@i_p_daily said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Chutebox said:

nice insult.

TOUCHDOWN!!! bro

Don't be upset that he nailed your persona in one go.

It was a hit & run post that nailed you good LOL

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

If it released on pc right now I would get it but I don’t wanna play this on my ps4. So I’m gonna wait til it releases on pc then I’ll get it cuz I only buy games once. I’m also still a little pissed that they titled this “Final Fantasy 7 Remake” and didn’t include “Episode 1” or “Part 1” in the title. A lot of my friends thought this was the complete FF7 Remake like the title says. I might honestly just wait for a complete edition a few years down the road because paying $60 for this just doesn’t sit well with me.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Chutebox

@i_p_daily: Holy shit I've never seen that.

Btw, you realize his "persona" for me fits you? Haha

Dont worry about him, princess peach is keeping him happy.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 I_P_Daily

@Chutebox said:

@i_p_daily: Holy shit I've never seen that.

Btw, you realize his "persona" for me fits you? Haha

Dont worry about him, princess peach is keeping him happy.

No his persona fits you perfectly as I don't watch nor follow the NFL, but i'll enjoy seeing how you try to explain this one, the floors all yours lol.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 42004 Posts

@Elaisse said:

Damn that is a nice picture.

@davillain- said:

Couldn't careless on the sales. All you need to know is I'm enjoy it every bit of it. Minus the grinding parts. Also, got my physical copy on launch day ;)

Thanks. It still amazes me the original box is still standing to this day and I still keep my old games/DVD still despite I went total digital gaming. I almost wanted to buy FF7 Remake digital but I couldn't resist getting the Deluxe Edition for my needs :)

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 VFighter

@davillain-: What does the deluxe version have that the standard version doesn't?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 15262 Posts

Tbh, I’m a bit pissed at SE for how disingenuous they’ve been in marketing this game. It should flop. What was sold is not what was shown.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Chutebox

@i_p_daily: he hates sports and people who watch them, duh

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#115 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3492 Posts
@vfighter said:

@davillain-: What does the deluxe version have that the standard version doesn't?

it comes with a

• Artbook
  • Mini-Soundtrack
  • Steelbook
  • Cactuar Summon Materia DLC
DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 42004 Posts

@vfighter: For FF7 Remake Deluxe Edition gets you:

But of course, if you truly love FF7, there's also the 1st Class Edition which comes with Cloud riding on his Motorcycle statue and its gonna cost you $330. You aren't missing much from the deluxe edition unless you like extra goodies.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 35927 Posts

I knew it was all lies; TLHBO, PS always has mooaar Flops than Xbox. :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 33746 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Admit it, you'll be downloading Uncharted and Journey on your PS4 tomorrow ;)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 35927 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:

Admit it, you'll be downloading Uncharted and Journey on your PS4 tomorrow ;)

lololol

:P

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 VFighter

@davillain-: I learned a long time ago those extras arent worth it for me, the art book maybe, but the rest nope. I would rarely look at the stuff, but that's still sweet and if youre into it enjoy it! I do need to buy the game though, looks awesome.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 658 Posts

well dah one of the most sold game to children verses a game targeted for adults. there is alot kids out of school in lock down while im still working.

besides digital has had the highest sale rate ever.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#122 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37361 Posts

Floyd... there is a f***ing pandemic going on.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 I_P_Daily

@Chutebox said:

You know him that well do you, I know he hates cows, so he's entertaining here.

Well at least the sport I watch is actually sport, hating on you for watching fat guys cuddle each other is a bit rough ROFL.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Chutebox

@i_p_daily said:
@Chutebox said:

You know him that well do you, I know he hates cows, so he's entertaining here.

Well at least the sport I watch is actually sport, hating on you for watching fat guys cuddle each other is a bit rough ROFL.

Just by his attempt to use the same humor every time.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8318 Posts

@KBFloYd:

How many copies did UC4, GOW, and HZD sell?

Exclusives sell tremendously well on the ps4. Stop acting like this is the fault of it being exclusive to ps4, while a pandemic is going on, not to mention the lack of impacting advertisement for this game.

Making this biased thread just to bash the ps4?

The success of the ps4 must've really been hard on you this gen, huh?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5798 Posts

Cool, retail game stores were shut down in the UK when the game dropped. They'll make up all the difference in digital.

If it makes you feel any better, LABO is 70% off at Best Buy now. Maybe it can beat all the VR sales out there like you claimed it would now. 🤣

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#127 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6199 Posts

@ermacness said:

@KBFloYd:

How many copies did UC4, GOW, and HZD sell?

Exclusives sell tremendously well on the ps4. Stop acting like this is the fault of it being exclusive to ps4, while a pandemic is going on, not to mention the lack of impacting advertisement for this game.

Making this biased thread just to bash the ps4?

The success of the ps4 must've really been hard on you this gen, huh?

I'd like to know what the terms of the exclusivity deal for this title is. I just don't see how it makes sense for Square-Enix, especially if Sony's ad strategy was lacking.

Because we all know the game would have sold waaaaay more copies if it had released on PC at the same time.

Typically the attach rate of a high-profile PS4 exclusive is only 10% or so. Maybe 15% over the gen, right? Still a lot but still leaving a lot on the table as well.

Or are they hoping to get a double-dip once they release on other platforms? I wonder if that's a major consideration for making these decisions.

pokemon4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#128 pokemon4597
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

It's absurd to try and compare physical sales of FF VII Remake to FF XV when FFXV released 4 years ago (when physical sales were higher), on multiple platforms, and at a time without a pandemic when stores were open and leaving your house was legal. This is not to mention the supply chain issues.

Have a look at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ZS80PC2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=ff7+remake&qid=1586979877&sr=8-2

You can't even buy a copy of the game on Amazon, and it's still the #1 Best Seller in PS4 games. I have a feeling that with digital sales and a return to semi-normalcy later, this game will do very, very well in lifetime sales.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 2209 Posts

@vfighter said:

@davillain-: I learned a long time ago those extras arent worth it for me, the art book maybe, but the rest nope. I would rarely look at the stuff, but that's still sweet and if youre into it enjoy it! I do need to buy the game though, looks awesome.

I bought the deluxe version of the PS Store. It contains the same extras, just in digital form. The mini-soundtrack turned out to be kind of useless as I loved the music so much I pre-ordered the big-ass CD soundtrack that's set to arrive next month.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 VFighter

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol, KB is such a failure. Now that you mention it this might be the first he's been around since the whole cardboard VR disaster haha.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 3262 Posts

@crazyboy said:

The ''Final'' Fantasy name is a walking contradiction in itself.

The same goes with almost every major Japanese RPG (Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, etc.).

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 216

#133 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14627 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@crazyboy said:

The same goes with almost every major Japanese RPG (Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, etc.).

How are Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem contradictions/oxymorons? Dragon Quest means a quest to find a dragon. Fire Emblem means an emblem with a fire symbol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#134  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39228 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@onesiphorus said:
@crazyboy said:

How are Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem contradictions/oxymorons? Dragon Quest means a quest to find a dragon. Fire Emblem means an emblem with a fire symbol.

I was wondering the same. LOL.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 VFighter

@Pedro: Im scratching my head also at that one?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 216

#136  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14627 Posts

Final Fantasy VII Remake Sales Off to a Great Start in Japan Despite Coronavirus Situation

Final Fantasy VII Remake Sales Off to a Great Start in Japan Despite Coronavirus Situation

PS4 sales spike

Final Fantasy VII Remake has proven to be a hit in Japan. The latest estimated sales numbers from Famitsu are in, and the long awaited remake tops the software charts by some distance. What's more, the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake has resulted in a sales spike for the PlayStation 4 itself. The console's been selling quite poorly in Japan for a while now, but it managed a decent 79,000 units last week.

Back to Final Fantasy VII Remake, the game has sold an impressive 703,000 physical copies. For context, Final Fantasy XV sold around 690,000 copies at launch, so Cloud and the gang are doing well so far. It's also worth keeping in mind that the ongoing coronavirus situation may have had some impact on physical distribution, and it's not hard to imagine that many players will have opted to buy the digital version instead. As such, it's reasonably safe to assume that the game's sales numbers will be much higher when taking digital copies into account.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Estimated to Be Third Best-Selling PS4 Exclusive on PSN

Final Fantasy VII Remake Estimated to Be Third Best-Selling PS4 Exclusive on PSN

Final Fantasy VII Remake doing well when it comes to sales isn't exactly unexpected, given the immense hype surrounding the remake of the most iconic Final Fantasy game ever made.

That said, it is still interesting to compare it to other similarly anticipated game releases. According to Gamstat, the PlayStation Network API tracking website, Final Fantasy VII Remake already managed to get 2.3 million players in the first three days since its release. This should amount to a nearly identical digital sales figure, though Square Enix has not revealed any official details for the time being.

So far, Final Fantasy VII Remake is only behind the two biggest first-party PlayStation 4 games to date, Marvel's Spider-Man by Insomniac and God of War by Sony Santa Monica. The friendly neighborhood Marvel hero already had 3 million players in the first three days since its launch, while the latest Nordic adventure of Kratos registered 2.4 million players in the same period of time, according to Gamstat.

Needless to say, this bodes well for Square Enix. Furthermore, unlike the other two aforementioned games, Final Fantasy VII Remake won't be a PlayStation 4 exclusive forever; we already know there's a one-year exclusivity period, and there's already evidence of a PC version. An Xbox One port is far from unlikely, too, given the increased Square Enix support on Microsoft's console platform.

Meanwhile, be assured that the game is very much going to be worth the wait as pointed out by Francesco in his review.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a masterful modernization of the series' classic formula. The game is an extremely solid JRPG that looks, sounds and plays great, despite some pacing issues and linearity. That said, the unexpected story twists may sour the experience a bit for those who expected a faithful remake.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8318 Posts

Is it safe to say the post above mines have rendered the initial point of this thread as "moot"?

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4225 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

this is what happens when you release exclusive on a dead console. square needed to go multiplat from the start. what an embarrasment.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/13/final-fantasy-7-remake-sells-less-half-final-fantasy-15-uk-sales-charts-12548763/

ff7 sold half what ff15 did in the uk. was it corona's fault? did people buy digital instead?

lets see how japan and npd numbers fare.

so much hype for this. what a shame.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake
was the best-selling game of April and instantly becomes the #3 best-selling game year-to-date. Final Fantasy VII: Remake is currently the best-selling game of 2020 on PlayStation 4.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake sets a new launch month Final Fantasy franchise sales record in both unit and dollar sales. Both records were previously held by Final Fantasy XV which launched in the December 2016 tracking period.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 6116 Posts

why is SE sending me mails with "So you finished FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE… now what?" when they havent even finished it?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#140 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5756 Posts

@howmakewood:

Technically, they did. The 1st part of the saga, anyway. Which happens to just be called Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#141 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39228 Posts

Why was this necroed?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3
deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3
Member since 2020 • 58 Posts

All one one platform... nice!

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1049 Posts

People crying "Physical copies during Corona waaah", but Amazon worked just fine during Corona. I purchased several physical copies during Corona, everything delivered next day 🤷‍♂️ I purposely didn't get FF7 on PS4 because I want to play it at 60fps next year on PC.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 3262 Posts

@goldenelementxl: you could have created a new thread instead of posting on a now month-old thread.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15948 Posts

@Pedro said:

Why was this necroed?

No kiddin'... back into the pit with you!