FFXV trailer with English voice

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

The voices sound alright but I'm still not sure about the whole boy band road trip thing. Hopefully the game will end up looking better than this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I don't mind the English voices, but the game still looks as meh as it ever has.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#53  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@Wasdie said:

This time through I was not impressed at all by the graphics. Jaggies and horrible LoDing everywhere.

I think you mean DOF. A lot of games use that nowadays for a cinematic effect.

@ianhh6 said:

Huh... it must vary from place to place, because where I live all the teens think it's fashionable to have crewcuts. Between FF style long hair and crewcuts, I'm probably gonna go with crewcuts haha

Oh aaaaand... I don't think the main set of characters in this Final Fantasy are teens, so that's no excuse :p

Where I live, it's fairly common to see teenage boys with Bieber/1D-like haircuts, more so than with crewcuts. But crewcuts are more common among adult men. Hairstyles don't just vary with place, but also with time. There was a time when even loads of adult men had crazy hairstyles (e.g. the almost half-century from the 50's to early 90's).

If FFXV really is based on Shakespeare's Hamlet and/or Romeo & Juliet, like the rumours have been suggesting for years, then the protagonist would most likely be a teenager. But then again, he has a deep voice (in both Japanese and English), so he could be an adult.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@Wasdie said:

This time through I was not impressed at all by the graphics. Jaggies and horrible LoDing everywhere.

I think you mean DOF. A lot of games use that nowadays for a cinematic effect.

I know what DoF is, the object LoDing is just terrible. This is in addition to just some aweful aliasing going on. Also the "reflections" in the lake, I saw 7th gen games handle that better.

They aren't spending their power budgets wisely.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#55 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I know what DoF is, the object LoDing is just terrible. This is in addition to just some aweful aliasing going on. Also the "reflections" in the lake, I saw 7th gen games handle that better.

They aren't spending their power budgets wisely.

You do realize this was originally meant to be a PS3 game, right?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Jag85 said:

You do realize this was originally meant to be a PS3 game, right?

That literally doesn't mean anything. They have to rewrite the entire renderer for the PS4 anyway. The PS3 and PS4 do not share a graphical API due to the huge changes in the architecture. It's not the assets I'm complaining about, those are actually quite nice, it's the rendering of those assets. Frankly it's ass. The assets up close look great but the LoDing and everything else is just sub par.

Watching the trailer it feels like they are massively upscaling something far below 1080p.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

That looks and sounds fucking terrible. You know, if this had come out last gen I'd be all in for it, but now, it just looks bad, and generic in every sense of the word.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Loved everything about FFXV so far but god damn these English voice actors are TERRIBLE. Shit, such a high quality project should have invested more into the western translation.

They should have just re-hired the all the voice actors from FFXII. That is how brilliant voice acting is handled, this...this actually decreases my anticipation for this title. Going to have to go with japanese subs at this point, even in that small clip I was cringing, no way I'd survive a full game of that rank quality.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@kinectthedots:

if there's one good thing about FFXii that is its voice acting indeed. It's very rare to hear voice acting of such a high quality in a Japanese game. Not even FFXIII as a more modern game could pull it off.