FFXIII producer Shinji Hashimoto was quoted as saying....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Klash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Klash47
Member since 2006 • 445 Posts

In an interview

"Toriyama and Versus producer Shinji Hashimoto defended the decision to release FFXIII on the PS3. According to Hashimoto, the development staff determined that one DVD would not be enough for the type of visual expression they were attempting to make. Toriyama noted that, regarding visual expression, the PS3's shader abilities are a big factor".

so the two biggest developers in the gaming industry( rockstar and square)  are saying the xbox 360 specs are not enough for them to express themselfs LOL.  square will NEVER release FFXIII on the 360, because it will simply ruin the game. just like GTAIV that game was destroyed the second peter moore showed that tattoo on his shoulder.  what will it take for 360 fanboys to understand dual layer is an 8 year old technology, the xbox360 architecture is horrid and outdated and to add insult to injury it has hardware failure issues.  your buying a piece of electronic from a SOFTWARE company.  thats why the thing keeps breaking down.  they have no exprience in this field.  honeslty some fanboys come here and say that were selfish, thats not the case at all we just don't want them to water the games down just so they can appease some consumers that support a weak brand.  kodjima said it best the "PS3 is a theater, the xbox360 is a dvd". thats just the way it is accept it. there is also rumor that tecmo might become ps3 exclusive too, even though its just a rumor, there is evidence that tells that it might be true, Itagaki said that he was really really impressed by the PS3 hardware, and that he only likes to work with the most powerful system, so this is basically bad news for MS.  sorry guys but the truth hurts sometimes. and the argument that the 360 has more games is flawed because only 3 games are worth it.  good luck with that halo 3 thingy though, hope it works out for you. LOL     

NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
I agree 100% excellent post! :D
Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
He can laugh himself all the way to the poorhouse.
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts

In an interview

"Toriyama and Versus producer Shinji Hashimoto defended the decision to release FFXIII on the PS3. According to Hashimoto, the development staff determined that one DVD would not be enough for the type of visual expression they were attempting to make. Toriyama noted that, regarding visual expression, the PS3's shader abilities are a big factor".

so the two biggest developers in the gaming industry( rockstar and square) are saying the xbox 360 specs are not enough for them to express themselfs LOL. square will NEVER release FFXIII on the 360, because it will simply ruin the game. just like GTAIV that game was destroyed the second peter moore showed that tattoo on his shoulder. what will it take for 360 fanboys to understand dual layer is an 8 year old technology, the xbox360 architecture is horrid and outdated and to add insult to injury it has hardware failure issues. your buying a piece of electronic from a SOFTWARE company. thats why the thing keeps breaking down. they have no exprience in this field. honeslty some fanboys come here and say that were selfish, thats not the case at all we just don't want them to water the games down just so they can appease some consumers that support a weak brand. kodjima said it best the "PS3 is a theater, the xbox360 is a dvd". thats just the way it is accept it. there is also rumor that tecmo might become ps3 exclusive too, even though its just a rumor, there is evidence that tells that it might be true, Itagaki said that he was really really impressed by the PS3 hardware, and that he only likes to work with the most powerful system, so this is basically bad news for MS. sorry guys but the truth hurts sometimes. and the argument that the 360 has more games is flawed because only 3 games are worth it. good luck with that halo 3 thingy though, hope it works out for you. LOL

Klash47

Nice try on spinning it. You realize that the ONLY difference for gaming in bluray and dvd9 is space right? I didn't know school was out for summer alreadt geeze

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

what will it take for 360 fanboys to understand dual layer is an 8 year old technology,    Klash47

Funny... doesn't non rumble controllers go back even further than 8 years?

And you must have glanced over the part where it says that one dvd wouldn't be enough, it doesn't say that the 360 isn't capable. 

NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
[QUOTE="Klash47"]

In an interview

so the two biggest developers in the gaming industry( rockstar and square) are saying the xbox 360 specs are not enough for them to express themselfs LOL. square will NEVER release FFXIII on the 360, because it will simply ruin the game. just like GTAIV that game was destroyed the second peter moore showed that tattoo on his shoulder. what will it take for 360 fanboys to understand dual layer is an 8 year old technology, the xbox360 architecture is horrid and outdated and to add insult to injury it has hardware failure issues. your buying a piece of electronic from a SOFTWARE company. thats why the thing keeps breaking down. they have no exprience in this field. honeslty some fanboys come here and say that were selfish, thats not the case at all we just don't want them to water the games down just so they can appease some consumers that support a weak brand. kodjima said it best the "PS3 is a theater, the xbox360 is a dvd". thats just the way it is accept it. there is also rumor that tecmo might become ps3 exclusive too, even though its just a rumor, there is evidence that tells that it might be true, Itagaki said that he was really really impressed by the PS3 hardware, and that he only likes to work with the most powerful system, so this is basically bad news for MS. sorry guys but the truth hurts sometimes. and the argument that the 360 has more games is flawed because only 3 games are worth it. good luck with that halo 3 thingy though, hope it works out for you. LOL

DoctorBunny

Nice try on spinning it. You realize that the ONLY difference for gaming in bluray and dvd9 is space right? I didn't know school was out for summer alreadt geeze

how about the audio quality there chief?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Link the interview.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Tell me how EmoFest13 turns out when you finally play it two years from now.

greenleaf2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 greenleaf2000
Member since 2006 • 1259 Posts
I agree totally.Brillain post by TC.
e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts
not good news for lemmings. lemmings been in some hard times past few days.. sucks :/
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

The # 1 console has always been home to the main FF franchise. PS3 still have this ace up its sleeve.

Evilcator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Evilcator
Member since 2003 • 2306 Posts

[QUOTE="Klash47"] what will it take for 360 fanboys to understand dual layer is an 8 year old technology, gamer620

Funny... doesn't non rumble controllers go back even further than 8 years?

Lack of disc space and standard HDD is a much bigger problem in my opinion.

Anyhow, the quote of this thread is indeed interesting. I just hate the way the thread starter shared his biased opinion about it. I believe that once dev's get usto of the PS3's new hardware, then future games will look much better on ps3.

gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameruk2010
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
Link??
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
good points...
HeavenlyGlory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HeavenlyGlory
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts

Klash47

Shinji Hashimoto: "One DVD is not enough would not be enough for the type of visual expression we are trying to make."

Interviewer: "Ah. Well what about 2 DVDs?"

Shinji Hashimoto: "..."

Interviewer: "..You know..since its just a space issue." 

Shinji Hashimoto: "..."

Interviewer: "..."

Shinji Hashimoto: "..man FUGGALL DAT!" :roll:

:lol: 

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
oblivion is the highest rated game on the ps3,  and is a ddvd9 game.  because japaneese developers lack the talent to optamise code they want to blame the hardware.  any quality developer would know how,  i guess thats why ff is a franchise of the past and not the future.  but i wouldn't play ff anyway so i'm not missing anything,  they are welcome to go bankrupt with sony.
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts
oblivion is the highest rated game on the ps3,  and is a ddvd9 game.  because japaneese developers lack the talent to optamise code they want to blame the hardware.  any quality developer would know how,  i guess thats why ff is a franchise of the past and not the future.  but i wouldn't play ff anyway so i'm not missing anything,  they are welcome to go bankrupt with sony.rdo
its more of a cgi issue, cgi movies take up alot of space and FF series are heavy on CGI movies, oblivion didn't have any CGI cutscenes, so a game like FF13 would be optimal for blu ray
rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts

so the two biggest developers in the gaming industry( rockstar and square)

Klash47

You lost me there 

Evilcator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Evilcator
[QUOTE="Klash47"]

rond5566

You lost me there

They are definitely one of the two... if not the two... 

rhiggins20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rhiggins20
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
oblivion is the highest rated game on the ps3, and is a ddvd9 game. because japaneese developers lack the talent to optamise code they want to blame the hardware. any quality developer would know how, i guess thats why ff is a franchise of the past and not the future. but i wouldn't play ff anyway so i'm not missing anything, they are welcome to go bankrupt with sony.rdo
SONY? BANKRUPT? BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :lol: You sir just made me laugh
chat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chat2
Member since 2005 • 399 Posts
nice point there tc but you see microsoft didn't made the xbox 360, IBM did, IBM also made the ps1, ps2, ps3 and the first xbox so the hardware failure is IBMs fault.
berga52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 berga52
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

That quote is from an article that is almost a year old. From May 31st 2006

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/710/710761p1.html

Things might've changed since then but maybe they haven't. But the original post made it seem the comments were made more recently. Even though it would seem if they were going to announce a 360 version of FFXIII they would've done it at the Square Enix party.

rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
[QUOTE="rond5566"][QUOTE="Klash47"]

Evilcator

You lost me there

They are definitely one of the two... if not the two...

I think both of those companies would be pleased if they were half as large as EA or Ubisoft 

Evilcator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Evilcator
I don't get why people are even bothering to think FF13 will come to 360, it's just not logical right now... And the recent event from square-enix shows the possibility is still not there.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
FF games always have a lot of CGI. SE probably wants to do everything uncompressed to get the "full HD experience". But really, is it 100% nesecary? Compress the video, sure it wont be as crisp, but it can still be crisp enough looking and fit on a DVD9. And please don't bring up rockstar. I doubt they will be pushing the visual envelope on GTA4.
ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShmenonPie
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

I agree 100% excellent post! :DNextGenNow

I know, there's a lot of silly 360 fanboy ownage going on at the moment! 

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

The # 1 console has always been home to the main FF franchise. PS3 still have this ace up its sleeve.

Bread_or_Decide

The #1 console has also been home to the Dragon Quest Franchise. But also the winner of any handheld or console war is the system that has an original Megaman Series on it exluding the Saturn because it was DOA.

• NES- Megaman Clasic
  • SNES -Megaman Clasic and Megaman X
  • PS1 - Megaman Clasic and Megaman X
  • PS2 - Megaman X
  • GB- Rockman Adventure and Megaman Xtreme
  • GBA - Megaman Zero and Megaman Battle Network
  • DS - Megaman ZX

Megaman decides video games not Final Fantasy you cannot argue with the facts :lol:

TheBigDrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 TheBigDrat
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts
if blue dragon will work than other JRPGs will too. The lack of HD in all units is a problem though.
Evilcator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Evilcator

FF games always have a lot of CGI. SE probably wants to do everything uncompressed to get the "full HD experience". But really, is it 100% nesecary? Compress the video, sure it wont be as crisp, but it can still be crisp enough looking and fit on a DVD9. And please don't bring up rockstar. I doubt they will be pushing the visual envelope on GTA4.Darthmatt

They might also want the CGI videos to be in HD, and we all know how much space that can take on a disc... 

Evilcator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Evilcator

FF games always have a lot of CGI. SE probably wants to do everything uncompressed to get the "full HD experience". But really, is it 100% nesecary? Compress the video, sure it wont be as crisp, but it can still be crisp enough looking and fit on a DVD9. And please don't bring up rockstar. I doubt they will be pushing the visual envelope on GTA4.Darthmatt

I think they will, and even rockstar said it themselves that GTA4 production would be much better if they had a next gen disc format in the 360, and they said blue-ray is a great asset of the PS3's. 

MedevilDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MedevilDragon
Member since 2004 • 1143 Posts

Don't care since I didn't like the last FF and has put me off the series, too many changes to the gameplay. When they start making games like Final Fantasy X again, then I will be bothered.  

I miss the old school FF.  

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

That quote is from an article that is almost a year old. From May 31st 2006

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/710/710761p1.html

Things might've changed since then but maybe they haven't. But the original post made it seem the comments were made more recently. Even though it would seem if they were going to announce a 360 version of FFXIII they would've done it at the Square Enix party.

berga52

So basically this thread is pretty much what I thought it was when I asked for a link earlier....A complete waste of time.

You know it's funny how cows like to mention what Rockstar said about the 360 in that article, blaming it for ruining GTA yet conviently glossing over the fact that he said the PS3 has issues also. AND the fact that the 3 GTA games that originated on the least powerful system last gen still managed to score 9.2, 9.6 and 9.6 here at GS and almost everywhere else.

Rockstar produced 3 of the highest scoring games of the last generation, and they didn't need Blu-ray for that. Cows who use the Rockstar quote attempting to prove anything are severely playing themselves. Of course devs would like more space. They'd like more ram also, but nobody talks about that because it's an issue more closely associated with the PS3..

Until the PS3 starts producing games showing a distinct difference from 360 games, the storage space argument is a complete faceplant.

Evilcator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Evilcator

well of course you didn't need blu-ray back then, back in the last generation. Games we're not in HD, and were not 7.1 ss, and didn't have demenading viduals like they do now.

I'm not saying rockstar NEEDS blu-ray to produce their games, I just think productions, and results, would be better if both systems had not only a next gen disc format. but standard hard drives.

HeavenlyGlory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HeavenlyGlory
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts

[QUOTE="rdo"]oblivion is the highest rated game on the ps3, and is a ddvd9 game. because japaneese developers lack the talent to optamise code they want to blame the hardware. any quality developer would know how, i guess thats why ff is a franchise of the past and not the future. but i wouldn't play ff anyway so i'm not missing anything, they are welcome to go bankrupt with sony.rhiggins20
SONY? BANKRUPT? BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :lol: You sir just made me laugh

He meant the developers.

Â