Fellow Hermits, are you okay with waiting for PS games to come to PC?

• 84 results
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Fellow Hermits, are you okay with waiting for PS games to come to PC? (53 votes)

I will wait. Everything's better on PC. My standards are above the PS5. 51%
Phuck it, I'm just going to play the games on PS5. I can lower my standards. 23%
Sony game discs are only good for scratching testicles, so it doesn't matter to me either way. 26%

Seeing as Jimbo "I get what I want" Ryan has just declared that us PC users will, for the foreseeable future, have to wait exactly one (1) century from initial release for PS game releases on PC, will you be saying "Phuck it, I'm just going to play the games on PS5", or will you be okay with waiting? Or do think the only good use for Sony games is a testicle scratcher?

Dig in.

No Caption Provided

• 
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58941 Posts

I don't care in the slightest.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Yup.

Next question.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Don't care either way. Was glad to play Returnal, good game. But for the most part, just not into what Sony makes. Haven't been interested in any of their other PC transplants. Obligatory 'Bloodborne plz'.

Similar deal with MS, cool that they bring everything to PC, but it does very little for me.

Sucks really, Nintendos the only 1st party I'd care to see on PC in an official capacity. But nope, can't have all that lol.

If Sony starts rolling out games I'm very interested in playing and don't want to wait, just grab a PS5.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Spiderman was great game and port. however Last of us port is so bad that if they can release good port than yes otherwise NO!!.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Don't really care that much. Returnal, and that Astro game are the only Sony first party games that look interesting to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Sucks really, Nintendos the only 1st party I'd care to see on PC in an official capacity. But nope, can't have all that lol.

So true. I think lots of PC dudes feel this way. Whatever.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

You could wait quite a number of years and play the superior version, like Days Gone was.

Or it could be announced day and date as the PS5 version, be in limbo for ages and then turn out a turd like TLOU was.

Sony has absolutely zero quality control for their PC releases, and really doesn't give a ****. They treat PC gamers like second class citizens. If you are fine with that, then sure, keep supporting them I guess.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Just want a port of Bloodborne. They can drop PC ports after that for all I care.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7265 Posts

I can wait. Still haven't actually bought any of their PC ports yet.

Also, my standards are not higher than a PS5. My PC is powered by a GTX 1650. Steam's most popular GPU baby!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ConanTheStoner
@nod_calypse said:

So true. I think lots of PC dudes feel this way. Whatever.

Yeah seems that way. Would be cool to see Nintendo at least test the waters by releasing some classics on there, but obviously never lol. Probably burn the company down before humoring the idea of even putting SMB1 + Duck Hunt on there.

Which reminds me, with this Sony PC push, think they've been looking at it a bit wrong. Like yeah, no shit some of the big AAA cinematic stuff can do well. But they do have a lot of games, some of them much older games, that would be a no brainer for the PC crowd. Cool games that can run on a potato. Bring over some Ico and SotC. Some Twisted Metal. A lot of Sony Japans older stuff. And as for their newer catalog, stuff like Dreams, Returnal, and probably even GT should have been day 1.

Seems like the people leading this PC push are a bit clueless about the market.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Its not like they have a choice. They're not a priority, and never will be. Pretending like they're OK waiting years is all they can do.

Laughable. Simply laughable.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

I got a huge backlog of games, plus some of them felt over hyped like Spider-Man so I am not in a hurry to want to play the sequel.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Absolutely not.

I sit here in my parents' basement, day after day, crying as I stare at my 10,000-dollar PC wondering what I can play because there is such a drastic shortage of games to play on PC.

Then I look over at the sheer epic bounty of games that Playstation gets--I mean, it's gotta be like one or two major titles per quarter!!--and wish I had that on PC.

And then I resume crying.

Why can't I have those PS titles RIGHT NOW!?!?! DAMN YOU SONYYYY!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Don't really care as there are more games to be played and I can wait a few more years whenever a certain game drops for PC. Rockstars does this kind of thing so not just Sony in particular.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@ConanTheStoner said:

Which reminds me, with this Sony PC push, think they've been looking at it a bit wrong. Like yeah, no shit some of the big AAA cinematic stuff can do well. But they do have a lot of games, some of them much older games, that would be a no brainer for the PC crowd. Cool games that can run on a potato. Bring over some Ico and SotC. Some Twisted Metal. A lot of Sony Japans older stuff. And as for their newer catalog, stuff like Dreams, Returnal, and probably even GT should have been day 1.

Seems like the people leading this PC push are a bit clueless about the market.

My main interest is old exclusives, yeah. PS1/2 era, love that stuff. Can always just *ehem, ehem* them, but if Sony made a PS classics Steam store, even with just basic touch-ups, I'd be all over that. Like take my money, lol. It's literally money just sitting on the table, but yeah, Sony is either clueless, or stubborn, or something. They have a lot of opportunities they just don't take.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Nah. If it's something i'm super interested in, i'll pick it up for PS5 and maybe buy at a discount on PC down the road.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6864 Posts

By the time some of these games come out will be on the PS6. 🤣

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ConanTheStoner

@nod_calypse:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think there was something in regards to BC where old Jimbo looked at the games and was like - Who the **** would want to play that?

Maybe it's the same attitude here. Not realizing it's a gold mine, that most people couldn't gaf about the high end shit if they're having fun.

And the reality that most people on PC aren't even pushing specs. Can release these fun potato games to a much wider market.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Don’t care about most PS games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@ConanTheStoner said:

@nod_calypse:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think there was something in regards to BC where old Jimbo looked at the games and was like - Who the **** would want to play that?

Maybe it's the same attitude here. Not realizing it's a gold mine, that most people couldn't gaf about the high end shit if they're having fun.

And the reality that most people on PC aren't even pushing specs. Can release these fun potato games to a much wider market.

Found it.

"In an interview with Time, Ryan discussed seeing versions of Gran Turismo running side-by-side on PlayStation 4, PS3, PS2 and PSOne. “The PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?” he said at the time."

To be fair, I think dude was focusing on graphical quality, not gameplay. But still, lol, not a good look.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ConanTheStoner

@nod_calypse:

Yeah, but I think that's just it. I think that's all he sees lol. Possibly assumes that the latest production values are what it's all about. Like nobody would find value in these older titles.

Inferring a lot here for sure. I'd like to assume a CEO of a gaming company must be more perceptive than that lol. Just hard to tell given some of the choices, some of what's left on the table.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

Some of the PS games I played recently have been boring, so no, I don't mind waiting. Don't care if they don't come either way. I'm more excited with the cow tears that drop everytime a new PS game gets announced for PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@ConanTheStoner: I mean, the guy looks like a grocery megastore GM. He definitely doesn't see beyond graphics. I doubt he's ever played a video game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner

@nod_calypse:

lol that's exactly what he looks like.

Yeah wouldn't be surprised. Probably was a force in Pong way back, about it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Can't think of any PS exclusive games I am interested in besides FF7 Rebirth.

I will play it on PS5 because Squeenix ports are mostly miss and it would be Epic exclusive anyway.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#28  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Not happy about waiting at all as they should be using MS approach of day one releases. However, waiting is better than not getting the games on PC at all. Also, there is still no hard rule for the timing of the PC releases. The time frame has varied greatly. They definitely want a console only period to try and push people to their consoles. By doing so they are hoping that people will spend additional money in their controlled ecosystem. Thing is... PC gamers are not interested in playing on console. Why would we want to play inferior versions of games on inferior hardware? Just give us the fucking exclusives and don't make us wait so long.

There is also the possibility for cashing in on gamers that will double dip on both console and PC. This is just another example of how Sony is anti-consumer. These games should be cross-buy or Play Anywhere. While I like Sony's games, I have a lot more respect for MS and their strategies. Much more consumer friendly. I have the least amount of respect for Nintendo as they don't support PC at all. They also make shit hardware and don't make many good games these days. At least there are emulators to improve the situation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@girlusocrazy said:
@fedor said:

Just want a port of Bloodborne.

Are you trying to give me a damn seizure bro

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

Not happy about waiting at all as they should be using MS approach of day one releases. However, waiting is better than not getting the games on PC at all. Also, there is still no hard rule for the timing of the PC releases. The time frame has varied greatly. They definitely want a console only period to try and push people to their consoles. By doing so they are hoping that people will spend additional money in their controlled ecosystem. Thing is... PC gamers are not interested in playing on console. Why would we want to play inferior versions of games on inferior hardware? Just give us the fucking exclusives and don't make us wait so long.

There is also the possibility for cashing in on gamers that will double dip on both console and PC. This is just another example of how Sony is anti-consumer. These games should be cross-buy or Play Anywhere. While I like Sony's games, I have a lot more respect for MS and their strategies. Much more consumer friendly. I have the least amount of respect for Nintendo as they don't support PC at all. They also make shit hardware and don't make many good games these days. At least there are emulators to improve the situation.

I am so glad they're not doing what you want them to do. You and your 4090, you both are hard punished. Its time to begin pretending like your backlog is so massive that even if it takes them 5 additional years to release the game, you're perfectly fine with the situation. As a hermit, that's all you can do, really.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BassMan

@hardwenzen: All gamers are being punished by them holding their games hostage on PS5. Less people enjoying them, less people playing cross play together, less ways to play, lower quality, no mods, etc.. A very restrictive and inferior version available until the PC version releases.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

@hardwenzen: All gamers are being punished by them holding their games hostage on PS5. Less people enjoying them, less people playing cross play together, less ways to play, lower quality, no mods, etc.. A very restrictive and inferior version available until the PC version releases.

There are no restrictions on the ps5, look at the new Horizon game, it destroys anything on PC. Talent is what makes these game look as good as they do, not your 4090.

The whole reason of a console is to have an ecosystem surrounding it. Without it, its just an Xbox, and what's an Xbox? A system that is being outsold by Nintendo AND Sony 10:1.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BassMan

@hardwenzen: The hardware itself and the ecosystem are the restrictions.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

Which is a good thing. It needs a reasont to exist. Remove those exclusives and there's no reason to buy a ps5 unless you're a child or the most clueless of CoD dudebros.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pyro1245

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Which is a good thing. It needs a reasont to exist. Remove those exclusives and there's no reason to buy a ps5 unless you're a child or the most clueless of CoD dudebros.

They could at least have the decency to not fill it with liquid metal or meme up the design aesthetics.

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

The thing about the so called Hermits or as I prefer to called the PC baggers they will deny it or say Port BloodBorne, which is an OK game or say that they find Sony games boring. From exclusive Sony makes better games than MS which is not saying much or Nintendo which gets Nostalgic scores. Its not an opinion its a fact.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Oh, I can wait alright. Question is how long can they. As the last embers of hype smoulder and peter out, products start to become recognisable for what they really always were.

Sony's doing us all a service on PC, and I appreciate that. Best to wait every time.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pyro1245

@gotgames said:

The thing about the so called Hermits or as I prefer to called the PC baggers they will deny it or say Port BloodBorne, which is an OK game or say that they find Sony games boring. From exclusive Sony makes better games than MS which is not saying much or Nintendo which gets Nostalgic scores. Its not an opinion its a fact.

Can we at least get a competent version of Bloodborne on PS5? No? Well why the fuck not?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ConanTheStoner

@pyro1245:

It's merely an "OK game" obviously.

Its not an opinion its a fact.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pyro1245

@ConanTheStoner said:

@pyro1245:

It's merely an "OK game" obviously.

Its not an opinion its a fact.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ConanTheStoner

lul

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

@pyro1245: well if the game sold well we would have a sequel, there might be a remake coming soon maybe.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

"PlayStation games will never go to pc"

Poor cows

PlayStation has no games

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

No bothers waiting. It's not like I have nothing to play in the meantime.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Yeah. Would be better to have them release day 1, but I don't want to play almost any of them anyway.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#47  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

@Litchie: This is true.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Number 3 for me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Litchie: They need to release older exclusives, ps1/2 eras. The library is insane.

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 254 Posts

I have literally zero interest in Sony games