Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

Recently played Far Cry 5. Have to admit, it was the most successful one in keeping me interested for quite some time but I gave on it still. Was glad to know that there wasn't tower climbing and setting was also quite unique compared to previous main entries where you kill the natives. This time it was about fighting corruption at your own home and who doesn't love truckers and cowboys helping you out. Explosive opening really gets you in mood but sadly later the game like other Far Cry games falls under its own wait.

When will devs realise that clearing xyz number of areas or completing same repetitive tasks and checkbox objectives over and over again across the map isn't fun. What makes it even more annoying is how even basic functions are hidden behind skill trees and annoying crafting mini games. You can carry like 1 or 2 weapons, and grind and wander around the world so much just to get materials which allow you to carry the third item. Not even for a second you can roam freely with ease. Enemies are everywhere and once you get detected by the heli or plane, exploration goes to hell.

But the main problem I have is its grindy nature. Kill this, clear that outpost, fast travel, fill ammo, kill this, clear that outpost, fast travel, fill ammo, kill this, clear that outpost, fast travel, fill ammo and so on. That doesn't sound like fun to me. More tasks or more icons or activities on the map doesn't mean a better game. I wouldn't mind smaller map, less activities but better quality. And they really need to stop trying hard to make every villain feel like different version of Vaas from FC3.

It seems now it's trend in Far Cry games to have a one dimensional psycho who wouldn't shut up about "saving you" and cleansing your "sins". "I want you to say yes. Yes yes yes. Please say yes". Will you just shut up already? I mean it was fun during opening moments but now you're overdoing it. Why can't villain be smart and sneaky bastard with actual vision that makes sense or forces you to think about his point of view. Why does it have to be a one dimensional psycho who needs electric therapy?

I heard Far Cry 6 is in development and it'll have some unique Jurassic Park style setting. All of these settings will feel lackluster and will be waste of potential if core design remains the same. Just give us quality side objectives. Some activities here and there on the map and stuff that rewards exploration. Some likable characters who don't speak in riddles for once would be nice too. Just tell me what you want to be done, and I'll do it. And don't lock basic gameplay mechanics behind skill trees and crafting. That doesn't make the game deep or fun to grind just to perform basic actions.

PS: And makes sure side quests and NPC's path finding doesn't break that easily.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

Far cry 5 is easily worst in series due to same repetitive task like liberate this and liberate that. its not like 3 and 4 were any good.

best far cry was Far cry 2. it was more realistic, less cinematic approach and no QTEs, no tagging enemies, no see through walls.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I personally like Far Cry: New Dawn more then Far Cry 5 myself.

Anyhow, as for location goes, another exotic location would be nice. Australia would be fun to visit in the world of Far Cry 6 in my opinion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I never minded cookie cutter content in Far Cry games, clearing outposts were chances to flex the players growing tools and skills. Not nearly as bad as AC games gathering random memory fragments, that's never fun. But yes, agree, couldn't hurt to give tasks context. But you'd be dreaming if you wish games couldn't ever be reduced to "go here, do that".

I do wish though they'd return to a kind of ambition they had with FC2 in their Dunia build, with that game's use of weather effects, foliage behavior, its day and night cycle, but with the kind of actiton of a FC3/4 game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I would only be interested if it was like fc2 where they paid attention to detail. but its npt happenining because its ubi.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Would like to see the Far Cry games go into a more sim-like experience. Increase the difficulty, make the weapons more realistic....maybe take some of the better things (and there were a lot) from Far Cry 2 and use them to make the game more immersive.

I don't dislike the Far Cry games--they've given me a lot of pure, stupid fun over the years--but they're getting old, boring, stale.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

These are sandbox games. I'm not entirely sure what people expect? I think clearing outposts should no longer be a part of the main story. It's pure laziness. It should only be part of the sandbox and nothing more.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Far cry 5 is easily worst in series due to same repetitive task like liberate this and liberate that. its not like 3 and 4 were any good.

best far cry was Far cry 2. it was more realistic, less cinematic approach and no QTEs, no tagging enemies, no see through walls.

and that is different from other far cry's? apart the crytek one, which was actually a different far cry, more like a crysis

and indeed ubisoft did a good job with far cry 2, but it was actually the that sort of gameplay that they kept on using in the others, but that wasn't what made far cry 2, the gunplay was quite good for the time, and the scenery was just amazing.

but you just can't make a game good just with that anymore these days, you need better gameplay/story

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Don't make it modern day again. Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 are way too similar.

Primal was at least different, but it had its own problems.

I want a new Far Cry set in occupied Poland in World War 2, where you liberate nazi strongholds.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I want a new Far Cry set in occupied Poland in World War 2, where you liberate nazi strongholds.

I'll pass on the next Far Cry, I'm not interest in killing Nazis despite I'm American, I just never get the excitement over killing Nazis.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Fry Cry 5 would have been so much better if the game didn't force you into those cut-scenes. It broke the immersion. I don't care about the story. I want to blow shit up.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Thought fc5 was excellent and easily on of the best shooters in recent time. So yeah super hyped for fc6!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@davillain- said:

Anyhow, as for location goes, another exotic location would be nice. Australia would be fun to visit in the world of Far Cry 6 in my opinion.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that enjoyed New Dawn.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@davillain-: Occupied poland is a setting we haven't really seen in video games.

Far Cry 5 Hours of Darkness had a really unique setting, and that is what made it stand out for me.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I always thought a far cry game set in the Australian outback would be awesome too.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

So you aren't the target audience, find another game to play.

I am the target audience of the "Ubisoft" Far Cry games, and enjoy them quite thoroughly. I'll take more of everything Far Cry 4/Primal did till the end of time.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 my_user_name  Online
Member since 2019 • 1236 Posts

@cloud_man:

I heard Far Cry 6 is in development and it'll have some unique Jurassic Park style setting.

I pray to the gaming gods this is true. I've been asking for Far Cry with dinosaurs since like 2013. Would be a guaranteed purchase for me(ofcourse once it's deeply discounted bc f*** Ubisoft)

Haven't played 5. The whole forced story progression has kept me from trying it... 3 and Blood Dragon are easily tops for me. 4 was too similar to 3 but alot less fun for some reason.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

As far as content is concerned Ubisoft has been quantity over quality for a while now. That is not to say their games are bad or lack any saving grace whatsoever. People still seem to enjoy the hell out of them. I'm just not interested in grindy open worlds anymore.

A Far Cry with dinosaurs sounds great though. Ubisoft is at their best when creating unique settings like Egypt and Ancient Greece. That's pretty much the only way (if at all) they appeal to me these days.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I enjoyed FC5. My only gripe with it was how would a plane or helicopter in the sky know I was in an enemy vehicle and just attack me?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k

@robbie23 said:

I always thought a far cry game set in the Australian outback would be awesome too.

Now this is what I'm talking about!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@davillain- said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I'll pass on the next Far Cry, I'm not interest in killing Nazis despite I'm American, I just never get the excitement over killing Nazis.

Why not just play Wolfenstein if one is interested in shooting virtual Nazis.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@SolidGame_basic said:

Why not just play Wolfenstein if one is interested in shooting virtual Nazis.

I just think occupied Poland is an interesting setting for a Far Cry game to take place in.

The only thing that ever stuck with me from playing Far Cry 5 is the WW2 levels and the Vietnam levels.

I played some western levels too, dunno if that could work.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@warmblur said:
@davillain- said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one that enjoyed New Dawn.

Well, its a perfect example of how not to make a video game. took far cry 5 formula then add loot elements, RPG elements, bulletsponges enemies.

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

I reckon they should remake Farcry Predator/Instincts... in addition to adding the ability to make traps from the environment such as using Tree branches as Whips etc.. as i feel the franchise needs a fresh approach.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3
deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3
Member since 2020 • 58 Posts

I wish FC would take a long break. I would rather have PoP or SC.