Far cry 5 is the most boring game i have played in years!.

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

What the hell was ubisoft thinking? why they always ruined a game after they show potential that was in 2 and 3?

I finally played far cry 5 after watching some positive feedback from gggmanlives and worth a buy and other youtubers. it run nice, it looks amazing graphically but game is not fun to play. ubisoft choose most boring setting on earth after brilliant tropical island in 3 and africa in 2. FC4 setting was terrible too but FC5 has worst setting in the franchise. its not fun to explore, and theres only one type of mission that is to liberate and thats in. i remember the variety in far cry 3, how jason brody journey from common man to warrior, how charismatic hoyt and vaas were. none of this thing present in this game instead you are nobody thrown in city of montana whose main task is to LIBERATE. yes im playing the unfun version of Just cause 2.

FC5 villains are just too nice and not hated at all. joseph seed doesnot look like a bad guy. just a preacher, faith seed seem like a cute girl.

im not a big fan of far cry 3. as it was also the game that become tedious too but this game made far cry 3 a masterpiece seriously.

far cry 2 is still single best far cry game ever released. crowbcat was right.

is anyone feel same?

discuss

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

I don't agree with your opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

Agreed. Then again, i find open world games in general tedious and boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@speedfreak48t5p said:

you predicted right actually. i tired to like the game but there is no fun elements. and setting didnot help. atleast FC3 has amazing tropical island which is fun to explore.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cool blog

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Do you only play FPS

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@biack_goku said:

Do you only play FPS

mostly. but what this relevant to this thread my friend?

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@biack_goku said:

Do you only play FPS

mostly. but what this relevant to this thread my friend?

That sounds like it can get boring my friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

Boring is Far Cry 2. That game was painfully boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@Pedro said:

far cry 2 is immersive game. has excellent atmosphere, weather changing effect, day night cycle, rain, best map of all time that is map in hand and its going to feature in next metro game instead of tagging place and arrow show where to go.

far cry 2 was excellent game despite flaw. far cry 2 10 years ago was GOTY 2018. far cry 5 10 years later is mediocre meh game. ubisoft standard fallen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

far cry 2 is immersive game. has excellent atmosphere, weather changing effect, day night cycle, rain, best map of all time that is map in hand and its going to feature in next metro game instead of tagging place and arrow show where to go.

far cry 2 was excellent game despite flaw. far cry 2 10 years ago was GOTY 2018. far cry 5 10 years later is mediocre meh game. ubisoft standard fallen.

None of that made the game less boring. Far Cry 2 was an awful experience coming after the original. At least I am close to finishing Far Cry 5 and have a desire to finish. The same cannot be said about Far Cry 2.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

None of that made the game less boring. Far Cry 2 was an awful experience coming after the original. At least I am close to finishing Far Cry 5 and have a desire to finish. The same cannot be said about Far Cry 2.

First far cry was pretty bad. it was fun for first few hours but then trigens came and game become bad. plus it has numerious bugs like enemy shoot and spot you behind the wall.

imo only good games in series are 2 and 3. everything else is meh.

i tried far cry 5 for one hour and have no desire no continue it. so far there is only one objective and that is to liberate. people complain about far cry 2 repetetiveness when infact there cant be more repeptetive than game with only one objective.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

You mean you pirated it.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I haven't played FC5 and I probably wont because I didnt really like FC4 that much. FC3 was ok, Vaas was a very memorable villain and I did enjoy Blood Dragon but FC2 was a bad game, easily the worst of the ones that I have played (all except FC5 and that joke of a FC1 game on console).

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I liked the exotic settings more and don't care for the exploration in far cry 5, so it's not my favorite one for sure.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Far Cry 3 is pretty boring, didn't expect anything different with 5.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

You must like having your hand held by a female secondary character.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Far Cry 3 was boring during the 2nd half of the game.

Far Cry 4 was even more boring

Far Cry 5 has a better setting than 4 imo, but this time the protagonist doesn't talk and it's a bit more repetitive. Some missions are cool and get out of the realm of blowing up cars and shooting people. Sometimes you're on a plane!

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

count me in with speedfreak

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#23 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@fastnslowww: Agreed.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

First far cry was pretty bad. it was fun for first few hours but then trigens came and game become bad. plus it has numerious bugs like enemy shoot and spot you behind the wall.

i tried far cry 5 for one hour and have no desire no continue it. so far there is only one objective and that is to liberate. people complain about far cry 2 repetetiveness when infact there cant be more repeptetive than game with only one objective.

Wow your opinions are terrible. Like really really dumb and terrible.

The first Far Cry on PC was the best game in the series and is one of the greatest games of all time. The graphics were years ahead of their time and the gameplay was excellent. I liked the Trigens. The game was a futuristic version of The Island of Dr Moreau. If you played a crappy console version of it maybe you had a bad experience. But played properly on a high-end PC at the time, it was mind blowing. A legit 10/10 that's up there with Half-Life 2 which came out later that same year.

Far Cry 2 was an absolute turd. It's one of the worst games I've ever played from a major publisher. Such a huge step back from #1.

3, 4, and 5 are fun games with bad stories. The story is a little less bad in 4. 3 has unlikable characters. 5 has a stupid ending.

Theproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Theproof
Member since 2018 • 41 Posts

I agree with the OP. Farcry is boring as shit. All of them.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

What the hell was ubisoft thinking? why they always ruined a game after they show potential that was in 2 and 3?

I finally played far cry 5 after watching some positive feedback from gggmanlives and worth a buy and other youtubers. it run nice, it looks amazing graphically but game is not fun to play. ubisoft choose most boring setting on earth after brilliant tropical island in 3 and africa in 2. FC4 setting was terrible too but FC5 has worst setting in the franchise. its not fun to explore, and theres only one type of mission that is to liberate and thats in. i remember the variety in far cry 3, how jason brody journey from common man to warrior, how charismatic hoyt and vaas were. none of this thing present in this game instead you are nobody thrown in city of montana whose main task is to LIBERATE. yes im playing the unfun version of Just cause 2.

FC5 villains are just too nice and not hated at all. joseph seed doesnot look like a bad guy. just a preacher, faith seed seem like a cute girl.

im not a big fan of far cry 3. as it was also the game that become tedious too but this game made far cry 3 a masterpiece seriously.

far cry 2 is still single best far cry game ever released. crowbcat was right.

is anyone feel same?

discuss

In the real world, a "bad" person may disguise as a good person.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Far Cry has sucked for awhile, are you surprised my friend?

The game is no DOOM that is for sure.

Theproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Theproof

@n64dd: Doom? Another overrated, repetitive game. I actually prefer Farcry to that hot garbage.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@theproof said:

@n64dd: Doom? Another overrated, repetitive game. I actually prefer Farcry to that hot garbage.

nice alt

Theproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Theproof

@n64dd said:
@theproof said:

nice alt

Third person to say this to me today. I can have the mods prove that I am no alt of anybody. I don't even have a clue what you guys on this site are talking about but it's clear GOW has left peoples minds melted with it's greatness.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Parrot.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

The game looks like dogshit. Why are the colors so oversaturated and the bloom effect is blinding. Looks like a last gen title

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@bigfootpart2 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

Wow your opinions are terrible. Like really really dumb and terrible.

The first Far Cry on PC was the best game in the series and is one of the greatest games of all time. The graphics were years ahead of their time and the gameplay was excellent. I liked the Trigens. The game was a futuristic version of The Island of Dr Moreau. If you played a crappy console version of it maybe you had a bad experience. But played properly on a high-end PC at the time, it was mind blowing. A legit 10/10 that's up there with Half-Life 2 which came out later that same year.

Far Cry 2 was an absolute turd. It's one of the worst games I've ever played from a major publisher. Such a huge step back from #1.

3, 4, and 5 are fun games with bad stories. The story is a little less bad in 4. 3 has unlikable characters. 5 has a stupid ending.

FIrst far cry was only good for first few hours until trigens came in. trigens are most annoying and unfun enemies in any game ever and thats why i never bother to complete far cry 1. crytek luckily improved so much in Crysis. and yes i played on PC since i dont play consoles.

far cry 1 is not even 1 4th of game far cry 2 was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

It's too similar to the other games for my liking, I felt like I was playing a re-skin.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't agree with your opinion its the best far cry game I have played.

Bpendleton44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bpendleton44
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I'm having a hard time getting into it myself. Might just give up and play god of war instead

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

It’s damn great and far cry 2 was absolutely shit...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Yeah, Ubisoft copy/paste games still suck. Go figure. I bought AC Origins hoping it would be much better than AC has been in the past. Several people said it's way better and it's "nothing like previous AC games". What a huge pile of bullshit. The game is EXACTLY like previous AC games. And after playing for only 12 hours I've had several bugs, a few of them I had to restart the game for, and the game have crashed on me 4+ times. A fucking piece of shit game. It has pretty graphics, though, which is enough for several gamers apparently. At least I bought it on a cdkey website, so hopefully Ubisoft didn't get any money.

People on this website recommending this shit have the worst fucking taste in games ever. I'll stay faaaar away from FarCry 5.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@Pedro said:

far cry 2 10 years ago was goty?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Yeah, Ubisoft copy/paste games still suck. Go figure. I bought AC Origins hoping it would be much better than AC has been in the past. Several people said it's way better and it's "nothing like previous AC games". What a huge pile of bullshit. The game is EXACTLY like previous AC games. And after playing for only 12 hours I've had several bugs, a few of them I had to restart the game for, and the game have crashed on me 4+ times. A fucking piece of shit game. It has pretty graphics, though, which is enough for several gamers apparently. At least I bought it on a cdkey website, so hopefully Ubisoft didn't get any money.

People on this website recommending this shit have the worst fucking taste in games ever. I'll stay faaaar away from FarCry 5.

but far cry 2 and 3 were good. its shame ubisoft didnot utilize instead took its gameplay and paste in worst possible settings.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@ronvalencia: I need some graphs and performance charts to back that up.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@theproof said:
@n64dd said:
@theproof said:

nice alt

Third person to say this to me today. I can have the mods prove that I am no alt of anybody. I don't even have a clue what you guys on this site are talking about but it's clear GOW has left peoples minds melted with it's greatness.

Must be the Joke of the day!

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#44 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

So basically the opposite of what you said and I should buy it?

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Your opinions are boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

I haven't been playing games much but a friend of mine said it was one of the best games he's ever played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

The amount of games you find boring says more about you than it does the games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Honestly it looks like a great setting to fly around in: I just want to take some WWII propeller plane and fly across the map.

But I can understand your sentiment: most Ubisoft games these days are boring to me.

Played The Division trial, stopped after an hour because it was awful and boring

Played Wildlands trial, got bored as soon as the map opened up and it showed another bog standard Ubisoft game underneath

Got bored of Far Cry series

Got bored of Watch dogs, assassin's creed ...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

I agree, as far as Far Cry games go, this one felt stripped down. It was fun enough to finish but not much more. Honestly I had more fun with Mass Effect Andromeda.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

Honestly it looks like a great setting to fly around in: I just want to take some WWII propeller plane and fly across the map.

But I can understand your sentiment: most Ubisoft games these days are boring to me.

Played The Division trial, stopped after an hour because it was awful and boring

Played Wildlands trial, got bored as soon as the map opened up and it showed another bog standard Ubisoft game underneath

Got bored of Far Cry series

Got bored of Watch dogs, assassin's creed ...

Its just ubisoft cash grab.

After playing FC5. i went back to FC3 after long time. and it still feel much much better.

FC2 and 3 were not some sort of masterpieces but later games like 4, primal and 5 are so bad so bland and boring that they made 2 and 3 masterpiece in design and quality.