Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

So just watched this video. just like famous crowbcat video about FC2 vs FC5. this once again proven why Far cry 2 was the king.

from shooting to the atmosphere to destruction. it was back in 2008 when ubisoft used to make excellent games.

Far cry 2 was such a masterpiece and every game follow FC2 was dumbed down, downgrade and more of onrail cinematic version of that.

FC2 was definitely ahead of its time. so my friends what you think of this comparision? will we get every FC game compare to FC2 once they will release? lets discuss

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts

If anyone wants to play a good Far Cry game (that also sucks because it gives you malaria and constant car/weapon breakdowns) Some slight modding goes a long way at modernising Far Cry 2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38639 Posts

You know what else they have in common? Both have shitty enemies respawn on like a 3 minutes timer. Whoever thought this is a positive should be slapped.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

A game changer.

We got it so wrong.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44534 Posts

Far Cry 2 was the first one I played and thought certain aspects of gameplay improved in future games, like the AI, the combat, the Dunia build used in FC2 was by far my most favorite. The other games improved on the game mechanics but the engine build for FC2 made the world feel more alive.

That said the biggest blemish is the map boundary. The maps have great topography until you reach the edge, then it is just a train track, flat desert after that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lamprey263:

Far Cry 2 on paper sounds like one of the greatest FPS to exist. Apocalypse now. Immersive Sim elements. Reactive environments that play directly into the gameplay, among other shit.

But when actually play it, it's like fighting masses of bots in a farmers field where don't give a shit about what's going on.

The other games seem to go in the opposite direction where they feel too "gamey" and characters basically coming across as knock-off GTA NPCs where everyone is hyper-eccentric.

Kinda gets away with it in, 3? But Ubisoft, Ctrl+V.

People can talk shit about something like Halflife 2 being overrated, but it isn't some copy paste of the first game or chucked out the door. Ubisoft kinda have a Mcdonalds mentality where diminishing returns becomes the norm.

At least five credit to Far Cry 2 for being different, even if it mostly falls on its arse.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15895 Posts

Enemy constantly respawn at checkpoint does get boring rather quick.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

Lots of old games have much better physics than lots of new games. It's pretty lame.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2249 Posts

Far cry 2 was absolutely terrible, and the only fc main game I didn’t complete!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@lamprey263:

Far Cry 2 on paper sounds like one of the greatest FPS to exist. Apocalypse now. Immersive Sim elements. Reactive environments that play directly into the gameplay, among other shit.

its not greatest FPS to exist. but compare to majoirty of 7th gen shooter. it was ahead of them in every single way. that time there were too many FPS but majority of them were linear COD clones.

FC2 was far ahead of them.

nobody actually consider FC3 extremely dumbed down and cinematic version of FC2 but it has "OMG charismatic Vaas" so it suddenly become better game.

Far Cry 2 is almost like STALKER.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

Everyone seems to forget Tresspasser. Wasn't a good game, but was years, and years and many, much, years ahead of it's time. Having a direct influence in the creation of the Far Cry series as well as some game (Halflife 2?) And, Halo?

The first tech demo Crytek made was mimicking Tresspasser.

Loading Video...

We owe immersive sim elements to a game, where you checked your health by looking at your tits.

Loading Video...
strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#12  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

The destruction is better in 6, In my opinion. I tossed a grenade or someone sent an rpg and several trees fell over In 6. 2 did not have this. Flamethrower was good in 2 even better in 6.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2925 Posts

I dunno. I love all Far Cry games except the slow Primal. Yes, Far Cry 2 was the most innovative of them all, but I equally enjoyed 3-5 even if they copy pasted a lot. I haven't played 6 yet, but I am sure it is a lot more of the same. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Ubisoft were making excellent games in 2008?

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By strategyfn
@pmanden said:

I dunno. I love all Far Cry games except the slow Primal. Yes, Far Cry 2 was the most innovative of them all, but I equally enjoyed 3-5 even if they copy pasted a lot. I haven't played 6 yet, but I am sure it is a lot more of the same. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

I am loving Far Cry 6 even more than 5. And 5 was my favourite Far Cry.

Far Cry 6 doesn’t, hardly, holds your hand and the difficulty is tough or even through the roof. No more driving aid markers (maybe in settings) except on the mini map and there is quite a bit to figure out like how to get better guns and gear. The map is pretty big I would guess to, in 12 hours I have an estimated 12% unlocked—I often go back and forth in the same area of map. The first 2 hours on tutorial island kind of suck but the game gets better. You have enemy snipers in ghilley suits, I think they are called; A lot to like. Flames are also better. It’s fun to play as a woman kicking butt and female Dani grows on you. The game won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. I am enjoying it though and it’s all I’ve been playing the last couple of days.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

I am just glad people are waking up on Ubisoft. I am tired of bitching about this company. It has been like 10 years of bitchin n moaning.😭

Loading Video...
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k  Online

@hardwenzen said:

I am just glad people are waking up on Ubisoft. I am tired of bitching about this company. It has been like 10 years of bitchin n moaning.😭

And your bitching and moaning led to Xdefiant and Tom Clancy Frontlines.

Gee thanks dude >:D

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hardwenzen
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

As i've been saying, just you wait until they show SplinterCell, the real meme that absolutely everyone will troll. And rumors are, its in production

Loading Video...
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@pc_rocks said:

Chaos Theory masterpiece, Far Cry 2 masterpiece.

check.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10413 Posts

i might try playing far cry 2 again to see if it's as bad as i remember. got a copy knocking about somewhere. like any old hard copies of pc games will probably be a nightmare to run but might give it a go

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By strategyfn

@Macutchi: I had a glitch on PC Far Cry 2 where NPCs were jumping around like on a pogo stick. To solve it, one wouldn’t think, I had to turn the graphics settings all the way up and that solved it.

I liked Far Cry 2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

As i've been saying, just you wait until they show SplinterCell, the real meme that absolutely everyone will troll. And rumors are, its in production

Dear Ubishit, please don't include:

• Fortnite cosmetics
  • Lootboxes
  • Open world
  • Elements from your games in the past 5+ years

Signed,

the world

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pmanden

@strategyfn: Thanks for your post. It has given me more valuable information than the Gamespot review.

Far Cry 6 will certainly be my cup of tea. Far Cry 5 is also my favorite, and the way you describe 6 is just the way I want the game to be. Are there difficulty settings? I prefer to play on hard. I am buying this game as soon as I am able to find an Xsex.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pmanden

@R4gn4r0k: I am part of the world, and I didn't sign your petition. I can certainly do without loot boxes but the other elements don't bother me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k  Online

@pmanden said:

@R4gn4r0k: I am part of the world, and I didn't sign your petition. I can certainly do without loot boxes but the other elements don't bother me.

Agreed, I was unsure about including that element in my post. It was a last minute call.

So for you, I have here -as a world exclusive- the original message I had written:

"Dear Ubishit, please don't include:

• Fortnite cosmetics
  • Lootboxes
  • Open world
  • Elements from your games in the past 5+ years"
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
@pmanden said:

@strategyfn: Thanks for your post. It has given me more valuable information than the Gamespot review.

Far Cry 6 will certainly be my cup of tea. Far Cry 5 is also my favorite, and the way you describe 6 is just the way I want the game to be. Are there difficulty settings? I prefer to play on hard. I am buying this game as soon as I am able to find an Xsex.

Yeah the game has easy and normal difficulty modes.

I think one is called adventure (normal) and the other is called story (easy).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

I'm having fun with Far Cry 6....kind of...but!....

IT IS A TERRIBLE GAME!

How bad is it?

It's so bad, it has me wishing for the enemy respawns of Far Cry 2. Yes, you heard me....that huge problem we all had with Far Cry 2 and enemies more or less spawning on top of you at checkpoints and bases is back in Far Cry 6....but now with HELICOPTERS!

And that's just one of the problems. I'd talk about the other issues, objective and subjective, but I'm sort of sick of complaining about it. If I didn't have a Uplay sub I would have asked for a refund.

It's bad. Like I'm sitting here playing the game and I think "How the **** do thousands of people and millions upon millions of dollars and Giancarlo Esposito make such a turd?".

I just don't get it. *shrug* I don't get it.

I wanted to like it but I just can't.

I'm done with Ubisoft. Cancelling my sub.

Only great game they've made in the past few years has been Anno 1800. Jackasses can't even make a proper Battle Royale and everyone and their mom seems to make one of those.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Far Cry 2 was ass.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10413 Posts

@strategyfn said:

@Macutchi: I had a glitch on PC Far Cry 2 where NPCs were jumping around like on a pogo stick. To solve it, one wouldn’t think, I had to turn the graphics settings all the way up and that solved it.

I liked Far Cry 2.

will see if that fixes the respawning, the jamming guns, the malaria, the insanely eagle eyed enemies and the broken prone key

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The original Far Cry is still by far the best. You don't need an open world to have massive levels, and the linear levels eliminate any need for garbage like enemies respawning, backtracking, etc.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12893 Posts

And yet Far Cry 2 was the absolute worst.

@PurpleMan5000 said:

The original Far Cry is still by far the best. You don't need an open world to have massive levels, and the linear levels eliminate any need for garbage like enemies respawning, backtracking, etc.

You got that right!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

Chaos Theory masterpiece, Far Cry 2 masterpiece.

check.

Chaos Theory didn't release in 2008.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pmanden

@R4gn4r0k: So no hard mode on Far Cry 6? I played and enjoyed the hard mode in 3,4 and 5.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k  Online

@pmanden said:

@R4gn4r0k: So no hard mode on Far Cry 6? I played and enjoyed the hard mode in 3,4 and 5.

Apprently not, it may be a new game plus thing?

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By strategyfn
@pmanden said:

Normal mode is like a Hard difficulty though. Story Mode is easy, I haven’t tried it and Adventure difficulty, normal difficulty, is hard.

I have never played a Far Cry on the hardest difficulty so 6 seems really difficult to me.

I user reviewed the game on Gamespot so I suppose if you want more info you may want to look at that. I agree with the Pro Gamespot review summary The Good, but I disagree with all his summary Bads.

I have died a bunch of times on the hardest setting, normal. For example, that I can recall, you can stand in front of a big truck and shoot at it and if you miss the driver he will run you over and you are dead. Sometimes in undiscovered territory a, what would seem a simple fight may kill you, etc. Plus there is a lot of grinding to get decent guns and upgrades.

I have died a bunch of times in 6 and that is doing missions in my own rank. There is usually a way to pass though, once you die several times, and figure it out. I have also passed and failed missions by a razor thin margin.

I am at the 14 hour mark so maybe the game gets easier later on. Like I said somewhere though the special operations missions have an unforgiving Splinter Cell 1 difficulty feel to it.

Good luck to you to on finding a Series X at least you might get 6, $20 bucks cheaper.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I miss when games felt more like games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Same

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Same

my friend, now its time to accept that Far cry 2 was masterpiece. among all FC games. it was most gamey game.

FC3 to onwards were dumbed down movie games.

Far cry 5 was absolute terrible game and 6 looks even worse.