Famitsu: Ace Combat 6 360 exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 FoxHoundADAM
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts

Famitsu magazine out of Japan is reporting that Ace Combat 6 is a 360 exclusive at this point.

Not exactly the biggest news in the world but a telling factor considering Namco has been a huge Playstation support since the PS1 days.  Possible another indication that Takken may soon go to the 360 along with Katamari and the other Namco big guns.

I'll try to find a link that works.

Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
Sony....you better AND I MEAN BETTER
have something HUGE and i mean HUGE up your sleve
BUY take two wth are you waiting for?
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Famitsu magazine out of Japan is reporting that Ace Combat 6 is a 360 exclusive at this point.

Not exactly the biggest news in the world but a telling factor considering Namco has been a huge Playstation support since the PS1 days.  Possible another indication that Takken may soon go to the 360 along with Katamari and the other Namco big guns.

FoxHoundADAM
Bank on it ! ;)
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

FoxHoundADAM
Now why would this mean Tekken is going to the 360. Ace Combat is a series that has not had great sales since PS1. They are hardly taking a game that has any value to another console. And so far the "exclusive" part is mere rumors. The truth is Xbox fanboys would have a better arguement believing tekken would go multiplat because Soul Calibur, a quality game, went multiplat after the PS1, then to use Ace Combat as their hope that Namco cares about them. Namco has made Xbox games, even exclusive Xbox games if I remember correctly and that never meant that Tekken was not gonna be an Sony exclusive. As long as Sony's consoles sell in Japan and MS's dont, I dont see a good reason why they would port it.
mouseguard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mouseguard
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Ace combat is a great series and has many loyal fans with it ! I like the style of play and can't wait for play in live with my friend ! The co-op would be great !
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FoxHoundADAM
[QUOTE="FoxHoundADAM"]

Javy03
Now why would this mean Tekken is going to the 360. Ace Combat is a series that has not had great sales since PS1. They are hardly taking a game that has any value to another console. And so far the "exclusive" part is mere rumors. The truth is Xbox fanboys would have a better arguement believing tekken would go multiplat because Soul Calibur, a quality game, went multiplat after the PS1, then to use Ace Combat as their hope that Namco cares about them. Namco has made Xbox games, even exclusive Xbox games if I remember correctly and that never meant that Tekken was not gonna be an Sony exclusive. As long as Sony's consoles sell in Japan and MS's dont, I dont see a good reason why they would port it.

I'm only spekulating this because NAMCO has almost exclusivly supported Playstation (with only a few exceptions). With one of their bigger games jumping over to the 360 it is an indication that NAMCO is at least considering giving the 360 more support in software. Tekken may never come to the 360, I'm just through it out there for discussion.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
That's the rumor.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="FoxHoundADAM"]

FoxHoundADAM

I'm only spekulating this because NAMCO has almost exclusivly supported Playstation (with only a few exceptions). With one of their bigger games jumping over to the 360 it is an indication that NAMCO is at least considering giving the 360 more support in software. Tekken may never come to the 360, I'm just through it out there for discussion.

How is this their bigger game? Ace Combat 4 sold ALMOST 3 million and Ace Combat 5 sold 1.33 million. This is a series that is dying. Its own fanbase fell by more then 50% within the same generation on the same system. It going to the 360 is hardly an Ace in thier hand, its Namco hoping they can keep this series alive alittle longer. And as for it being exclusive to the 360, that is a rumor. I almost believe it will be multiplat because exclusivity would be stupid for a game with such a small fanbase to begin with to go exclusive fo a console where its fanbase is not.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
so i guess this means tekken 6 will be on ps3 only
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
Sony....you better AND I MEAN BETTER
have something HUGE and i mean HUGE up your sleve
BUY take two wth are you waiting for?
Squall_Griver
They Already have something Huge the Price! And Blue Ray and lets not forget Home. Everone wants to go Home.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Yeah, Sony losing an exclusive that has been on their platform for 12 years isn't a problem....

You gotta love denial. It makes people who are in it really amusing.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Javy03

Yeah, Sony losing an exclusive that has been on their platform for 12 years isn't a problem....

heretrix
No losing a game that its most recent version only sold 1.33 million is not a problem. It doesnt matter how long its with a system. What matters is how long its been making money for the system and Ace Comabat is a dying series.
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FoxHoundADAM
[QUOTE="Javy03"] How is this their bigger game? Ace Combat 4 sold ALMOST 3 million and Ace Combat 5 sold 1.33 million. This is a series that is dying. Its own fanbase fell by more then 50% within the same generation on the same system. It going to the 360 is hardly an Ace in thier hand, its Namco hoping they can keep this series alive alittle longer. And as for it being exclusive to the 360, that is a rumor. I almost believe it will be multiplat because exclusivity would be stupid for a game with such a small fanbase to begin with to go exclusive fo a console where its fanbase is not.

It is ONE of their bigger games. Not their biggest. Yes Tekken is a bigger game and their Gundam games sell a lot more but still 1.33 MM copies sold is pretty good.
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FoxHoundADAM
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Javy03
No losing a game that its most recent version only sold 1.33 million is not a problem. It doesnt matter how long its with a system. What matters is how long its been making money for the system and Ace Comabat is a dying series.

Again as I said in my origional post, losing Ace combat as an exclusive isnt't a big deal. It is the possibility of losing more Namco exclusives from the Sony camp that is.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Javy03

If it was just Ace Combat then no, It wouldn't be much of a problem. But it's AC 6 added to a bunch of other titles. You'd have to be completely clueless to think that this is anything but a problem...What about Dragon Quest moving to the DS? Not an offshoot crap spinoff, but the main game? Why are they losing so many exclusives if there isn't a problem?