Fallout 4 vr release on monday 11th, gg sony

#1 Edited by commander (15226 posts) -

System requirements are beefy though, a gtx 1070 minimum, ouch...

Should work on the rift though, just like doomvfr

https://uploadvr.com/fallout-4-vr-launching-day-earlier/

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (38073 posts) -

Meh.

#3 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Meh.

yes you're right not a lot of people seem to care, I guess the system requirements scared them away.

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (20509 posts) -

@quadknight: @reduc_ab_: paging the ghetto VR squad

#5 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

Lol don't you have a vive?

#6 Posted by MonsieurX (38073 posts) -

@commander said:
@MonsieurX said:

Meh.

yes you're right not a lot of people seem to care, I guess the system requirements scared them away.

Or the fact that Fallout 4 sucked

#7 Edited by commander (15226 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@commander said:
@MonsieurX said:

Meh.

Or the fact that Fallout 4 sucked

oh no you're one of those, when it comes to single player games it's my favourite game.

#8 Posted by aigis (7354 posts) -

skyrim though?

#9 Posted by KBFloYd (20509 posts) -

lol, no i am actually waiting for nintendo to do VR.

but i like to see the debates.

@commander said:
@KBFloYd said:

#10 Posted by I_P_Daily (8981 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Ghetto? I thought it was the lower end of high end :P

#11 Posted by xantufrog (9633 posts) -

1070 minimum is kinda rough. I'll be interested to see how/if it runs on a P4000

#12 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

1070 minimum is kinda rough. I'll be interested to see how/if it runs on a P4000

P4000 how does that compare with normal gpu's?

I've read that doom vfr had the same system requirements but that it ran quite well on a gtx 970. So fingers crossed.

#13 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@KBFloYd: Ghetto? I thought it was the lower end of high end :P

with the tracking capabilities of a kinect.

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
#14 Edited by Blueberry_Bandit (742 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

lol, no i am actually waiting for nintendo to do VR.

but i like to see the debates.

@commander said:
@KBFloYd said:

If Nintendo do VR, I'd wager it would be a standalone headset similar to Oculus Santa Cruz with 6DoF motion controllers (releasing in 2019). That would put it on par with high-end VR systems, but with a lot less processing power (Which is fine for Nintendo). You'd be able to take it anywhere you want and have no external hardware. In theory, such a headset should give you world-scale VR, which means 1:1 movement tracking across the whole planet.

#15 Posted by xantufrog (9633 posts) -

@commander: it's approximately a 1070, but I haven't benched anything with it myself yet

#16 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

@commander: it's approximately a 1070, but I haven't benched anything with it myself yet

should be certainly enough then, like I said the system requirements for doom were a 1070 as well, and a 970 worked fine.

#17 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

@commander: FYI, to follow up on our earlier conversation, I ran Unigine Heaven and Steam VR performance test on my workstation laptop with a P4000 and scored a 1978 (avg 78.5fps on high preset, max AA, Normal tesselation @1080p) and an avg "VR Quality Setting" of High (7.9). I don't know how these numbers compare to a 1070, but it definitely surpasses my 970 by a good stretch, so I should be ok for running VR apps on it.

which is to be expected, a 1070 is considerably faster than a 970.

I am just wondering, do you have a vr headset at the time?

#18 Edited by xantufrog (9633 posts) -

@commander: no, I'm shopping for one for my lab to pair with this machine and a desktop equivalent - both running P4000s. I'm not sure whether to get a Rift or Vive because the ergonomics of it are more important than the games library - I'll probably sneak gaming on it on the side, mind you, but I'm using it for my research and it needs to fit with other research gear on the person's head

#19 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

@commander: no, I'm shopping for one for my lab to pair with this machine and a desktop equivalent - both running P4000s. I'm not sure whether to get a Rift or Vive because the ergonomics of it are more important than the games library - I'll probably sneak gaming on it on the side, mind you, but I'm using it for my research and it needs to fit with other research gear on the person's head

I haven't tried the vive but I did try the psvr. Since the psvr isn't the best in tracking I bought the oculus dk2 first and then the oculus cv1 with touch. I chose the rift because the touch controllers are much lighter than the wands and also because i've read the rift is more ergonomic to wear than the vive. The setup is also easier, it's only two small sensors instead of of the lighthouse system on the vive.

Since the vive was already more expensive as well this was basically a no brainer for me.

I don't know what research gear you want to put on someone's head, but the rift has already built in headphones, you can slip them aside tho, so you can wear other headphones.

The rift doesn't have any built in camera like the vive, but it does have a built in mic.

#20 Posted by Ant_17 (11487 posts) -

I tried Doom VFR and i know now, i'm not for VR.

#21 Edited by commander (15226 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

I'm for VR but not for doom vfr

#22 Posted by I_P_Daily (8981 posts) -

@KBFloYd: They're not coming, maybe you spelt their names wrong :P

#23 Posted by Ant_17 (11487 posts) -

@commander said:
@Ant_17 said:

Why? DOOM is great.

#24 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:
@commander said:
@Ant_17 said:

Why? DOOM is great.

I'm too old for that frantic shooting and I can't see why I would ever like that in vr. I have robo recall for that.

#25 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (24479 posts) -

This would be cool if it allowed nexus mod support, but since it probably won't, it's just going to be a novelty for a bit and then dredge into a stagnant slog.

#26 Edited by whalefish82 (511 posts) -

I tried but just couldn't get into Fallout 4, despite loving 3. However, being able to play it in VR is very intriguing. It's a real shame it's exclusive to the Vive on PC because of some lawsuit involving Oculus and a Bethesda parent company.

I haven't had a great experience playing Vive games on the Rift and I hate seeing the wands onscreen whilst holding Touch controllers. I won't bother with it for that reason.

#27 Edited by commander (15226 posts) -

@whalefish82 said:

I tried but just couldn't get into Fallout 4, despite loving 3. However, being able to play it in VR is very intriguing. It's a real shame it's exclusive to the Vive on PC because of some lawsuit involving Oculus and a Bethesda parent company.

I haven't had a great experience playing Vive games on the Rift and I hate seeing the wands onscreen whilst holding Touch controllers. I won't bother with it for that reason.

Doesn't have steam vr native support for touch controllers, I never see wands in steamvr games.

#28 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

Seems to be working on the rift, but there are some issues with the virtual keyboard.

#29 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10075 posts) -

not sure if I should get it. I didn't enjoy FO4 that much, but it might be a solid VR experience

#30 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

apart from some clunky menu controls it works flawless on the rift, yay

#31 Posted by lundy86_4 (50641 posts) -

Not only do I not care about VR, but then you get FO4 in VR? Ehhhh...

#32 Edited by QuadKnight (12918 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

Unfortunately for your silly sheep ass I can actually play this with my PSVR on my PC lol.

Thanks to a program called Trinus VR, I have access to both PSVR and Steam VR games.

You being a butthurt sheep/lemming have access to none, stay mad lol.

OT: I don't care for FO4 in VR so I won't bother with this. I'm not a fan of the Fallout games, Skyrim is more of my taste.

#33 Posted by UssjTrunks (11280 posts) -

Even though this is much better than PSVR, it's still a gimmick.

#34 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:

Unfortunately for your silly sheep ass I can actually play this with my PSVR on my PC lol.

Thanks to a program called Trinus VR, I have access to both PSVR and Steam VR games.

You being a butthurt sheep/lemming have access to none, stay mad lol.

OT: I don't care for FO4 in VR so I won't bother with this. I'm not a fan of the Fallout games, Skyrim is more of my taste.

What you going to use for motion controls razer hydra's? lmao

#35 Edited by QuadKnight (12918 posts) -

@commander: 😎 It supports move controllers. Honestly though, I don’t even bother with that since all the games I like to play on Steam are cockpit games where I use a joystick or steering wheel. Games like Elite Dangerous and Project Cars.

#36 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@quadknight said:

@commander: 😎 It supports move controllers. Honestly though, I don’t even bother with that since all the games I like to play on Steam are cockpit games where I use a joystick or steering wheel. Games like Elite Dangerous and Project Cars.

those move controllers take a lot of time to setup and they work like crap, even compared to hydra's

#37 Edited by QuadKnight (12918 posts) -

@commander said:
@quadknight said:

those move controllers take a lot of time to setup and they work like crap, even compared to hydra's

They don't take a long time to setup brah. Who told you that?

You just turn them on and go.

#38 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@commander said:
@quadknight said:

I've been using them on the pc, you're not fooling anyone

#39 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

For anyone interested, I've been playing the game on the rift and apart from some clunky menu controls, the game works great.

My pc: I5 6500, gtx 970

#40 Posted by QuadKnight (12918 posts) -

@commander said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

Why are you talking to yourself?

#41 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@quadknight said:

because I misquoted , so here let me fix it

@quadknight said:

#42 Posted by QuadKnight (12918 posts) -

@commander said:
@quadknight said:

@quadknight said:

Once you set it up once with Trinus VR you don't have to setup again. You're not fooling anyone son.

#43 Posted by commander (15226 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@commander said:

@quadknight said:

Once you set it up once with Trinus VR you don't have to setup again. You're not fooling anyone son.

Trinus vr just uses the psmoveservice like I did, maybe it's because you're used to the psmove tracking that you think that is ok, but it's kinda crappy if you're used to something better.