Fallout 3 - pc, 360 or ps3 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
Hey all, Im having trouble deciding what to get fallout 3 for. I have a 1080p 40" hdtv with 360 and ps3 hooked up to it and also a great pc that maxes everything at 1680x1050 on my 22" screen with about 60 fps in most games. What graphics settings do the ps3 and xbox versions run at and which versions are better ? Thanks for any help.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

PC.

Fallout was meant to be played on pc dude (n_n)

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
PC. Mods, mods, mods, mods, mods. Plus, it'll run better and look better.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nooblet69

PC. Mods, mods, mods, mods, mods. Plus, it'll run better and look better.Saturos3091

Thanks guys, guess Ill be going pc. I have never really installed mods aside from add ons in games like world of warcraft. Is it as easy and putting the file in a game folder ?

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10143 Posts

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]PC. Mods, mods, mods, mods, mods. Plus, it'll run better and look better.nooblet69

Thanks guys, guess Ill be going pc. I have never really installed mods aside from add ons in games like world of warcraft. Is it as easy and putting the file in a game folder ?

That depends on the mod. Some mods are easy, some require renaming files. But each one has a set of clear instructions.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]PC. Mods, mods, mods, mods, mods. Plus, it'll run better and look better.nooblet69

If it's anything like Bethesda's past games, yes I'd think so. I wonder if they're releasing a developer toolkit like the Elder Scrolls Construction Set; completely transformed Oblivion with some of the mods they made, all of them integrated seamlessly into the gameworld.
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="nooblet69"]

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]PC. Mods, mods, mods, mods, mods. Plus, it'll run better and look better.Saturos3091

If it's anything like Bethesda's past games, yes I'd think so. I wonder if they're releasing a developer toolkit like the Elder Scrolls Construction Set; completely transformed Oblivion with some of the mods they made, all of them integrated seamlessly into the gameworld.

Are you greek man?

JCblueside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 JCblueside
Member since 2005 • 14529 Posts

If you have a medium to high end PC then you should not even hesitate on getting Fallout 3 for PC.

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

Really, it depends on your rig. If you have a reasonably high end rig then go with PC for sure.

If your PC isn't exactly up to snuff I'd seriously consider the 360 version.

xxc_highwindxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xxc_highwindxx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I wish my PC was up to snuff so i could have got it on PC, I bought it for 360 and a friend of mine bought it for ps3. I do think that the 360 looks a little bit better but its not as noticeable as gamespot made it seem in there review.

danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts

thats a no brainer.....pc version FTW¡

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

If you've got a videocard equal to or better than a 7900gt (or x1900), then buy it for PC. It will look much better than the console version, plus you'll get mods whenever they release the toolkit. Anything less than that and go with 360. If you don't have one, get it for PS3.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Go with the PC version first, if not I'm not sure it matters if you get the PS3 version or X360 version. GS says the PS3 version is bad, but other sites say both the X360 version and PS3 version are equal and are bad in different areas. Heres a link:

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/fallout-3-graphics-comparison/a-20081029142713613021

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

Well, the PC version has securom, so I guess it depends on how much you care about DRM. I'm personally getting the 360 version. I'll be way done with it before the user mods come out.

That said, I have the baddest ass PC rig on the planet, so I guess if I want to play anything on it, I better just go ahead and accept securom.

IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IshmaelSonata
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
I say PC too, because of better graphics, performance and mods. But careful on the mods, because they can distract you from enjoying the original game. I made that mistake with oblivion and got sucked into putting as many mods into it as possible that I never got to enjoy the original game.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

I say PC too, because of better graphics, performance and mods. But careful on the mods, because they can distract you from enjoying the original game. I made that mistake with oblivion and got sucked into putting as many mods into it as possible that I never got to enjoy the original game. IshmaelSonata

ROFL, this made me laugh, i did exactly the same. I even ended up totally messing the game up with conflicting mods. In the end i chose a few and just played. Loved it.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mbrockway

Well, the PC version has securom, so I guess it depends on how much you care about DRM. I'm personally getting the 360 version. I'll be way done with it before the user mods come out.

That said, I have the baddest ass PC rig on the planet, so I guess if I want to play anything on it, I better just go ahead and accept securom.

Zenfoldor

Get it off STEAM then. Thats what I did. No discs to lose, no drm spyware to hide in your system.

IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IshmaelSonata

[QUOTE="IshmaelSonata"]I say PC too, because of better graphics, performance and mods. But careful on the mods, because they can distract you from enjoying the original game. I made that mistake with oblivion and got sucked into putting as many mods into it as possible that I never got to enjoy the original game. Frozzik

ROFL, this made me laugh, i did exactly the same. I even ended up totally messing the game up with conflicting mods. In the end i chose a few and just played. Loved it.

Lol, the worst part of it.. I got sucked into modding cause they were free! At the time, I was totally on the mindset of 'this is great, all these free mods to make the game better, I think I'll get them all!' Totally backfired like you said. I should have just stuck with a couple of simple graphical mods and played the game normally. I imagine thats what I'll do with Fallout 3 now that lesson has been learned.

JCblueside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JCblueside
Member since 2005 • 14529 Posts

[QUOTE="IshmaelSonata"]I say PC too, because of better graphics, performance and mods. But careful on the mods, because they can distract you from enjoying the original game. I made that mistake with oblivion and got sucked into putting as many mods into it as possible that I never got to enjoy the original game. Frozzik

Why do you guys put mods even before you finish the game in the first place? Thats just not right, your messing up the game and thus your wasting the supposed quality and value of the game. Game mods are awesome but do it only if you already completed the game and wants some cool new things to do.

IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IshmaelSonata
[QUOTE="Frozzik"]

[QUOTE="IshmaelSonata"]I say PC too, because of better graphics, performance and mods. But careful on the mods, because they can distract you from enjoying the original game. I made that mistake with oblivion and got sucked into putting as many mods into it as possible that I never got to enjoy the original game. JCblueside

Why do you guys put mods even before you finish the game in the first place? Thats just not right, your messing up the game and thus your wasting the supposed quality and value of the game. Game mods are awesome but do it only if you already completed the game and wants some cool new things to do.

lol yeh, its kind of stupid, but the process starts out very nobly with I'll just add graphical mods to improve the experience. Then the whole pile of mods pushes itself upon you, every single one promising "improved gameplay". Its like shopping at a free food mart, picking everything and then overbinging. Honestly mods do add to the experience if you choose carefully, the whole problem starts when you get sucked into adding for the sake of adding.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nooblet69
[QUOTE="Zenfoldor"]

mbrockway

Get it off STEAM then. Thats what I did. No discs to lose, no drm spyware to hide in your system.

Does securom really slow down your pc ? I heard farcry 2 had it but I havent really noticed any performance difference after installing it and playing it for a week now. I also have steam and got a few games on there.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
PS3, cuz that's all I have (unless I wanted to play it on my macbook, bleck).
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mbrockway
[QUOTE="mbrockway"][QUOTE="Zenfoldor"]

nooblet69

Does securom really slow down your pc ? I heard farcry 2 had it but I havent really noticed any performance difference after installing it and playing it for a week now. I also have steam and got a few games on there.

Dunno. Its already on my laptop though cause of Bioshock. Didn't hear about it till after I installed the dang thing.

SHERBO64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SHERBO64
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts
PC seeing from ur sig u can play crysis