Fall Guys 16 million players on PS4......and that was a week ago!!!

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/08/fall_guys_has_almost_16_million_players_on_ps4_according_to_online_estimate

Holy shit this game is insanely popular. Most people got it free with PS+ but 16 million players is still crazy.

This is the funniest game I've ever played. Whether the popularity will last I don't know but they will be updating it with new seasons.

What a shame it's not on Xbox or Switch too bad lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I just posted, but I guess GS ate my post.. been awhile since that's happened..

Anyways though, I'm happy to see the game doing so well since I'm sure it will spawn some better games in the genre and it was something that for whatever reason was sorely lacking. That said, I am letting the game rest for now since there are some issues I have with the game that I am hoping they iron out. Either way I'm happy for those that are having fun with it and for the devs. SONY really helped this game out just like they did with Rocket League.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

Very popular game with PC streamers. It's basically Mario Party mini games just with a bigger player count instead of 4 players.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Let me guess this games not on xbox one, and PC guys have to pay full price for this one just like rocket league while im playing it free with my PS+ yearly sub.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Free game gets downloaded lots, more news at 11.

Thanks for joining us at 11, free game gets played more than LOU2 & GoT proving those games are worthless one & done games, cows have spoken, and TCHBO.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Let the cynicism commence.

Assuming we aren't already there.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

pfff Mario Party online would do better numbers.

On serious note it is why sony money hat these things. They want the biggest share from the console side. It maybe be free but its really not. You paid for that sub. psn subs went up for the month. Most will also be grabbing microtransaction items that they will be taking there 30%. I saw a Yoshida tweet saying buying MT item to support the dev lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

Sony should just buy this dev. Have them work on party games for PS and PC.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Let me guess this games not on xbox one, and PC guys have to pay full price for this one just like rocket league while im playing it free with my PS+ yearly sub.

That full $23CAD... Those people may not even eat tonight... Good Lord.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@i_p_daily said:

Thanks for joining us at 11, free game gets played more than LOU2 & GoT proving those games are worthless one & done games, cows have spoken, and TCHBO.

I guess its not completely free you need a PS+ subscription to play it. But I mean Microsoft should have locked this down or something so their users can actually play the game this is absurd.

Xbox should make free to play games free to play online also like Sony but maybe they don't have the money because PS+ is way bigger than xbl gold right now. It's embarrassing how big the gap is now.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#11  Edited By adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2563 Posts

The one that suggested it to be a PS+ game should receive a promotion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

The game is barebones as shit, but is quite fun. I don't see any real longevity, but the game deserves it's dues. By no means perfect, but a great romp-around.

GS ate my earlier post... Get ya shit fixed GS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ProtossRushX said:

Well if you didn't PAY for PS+ you wouldn't be able to play this FREE lol.

Cows should start asking you for your PS id or whatever crap they call it over there because i'm not sure if you even own any gaming device.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

New course, mic support and please no team game if you dont friggin want to do open mic!

Also seems like the kind of games that thrives on platforms like PS+, Xbox Gold or Whatever confirmed online crap on nintendo. Interesting to see the population after the PS+ promotion ended whether they will become the next rocket league or just a flash in the pan.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 me2002

@p3anut said:

Very popular game with PC streamers. It's basically Mario Party mini games just with a bigger player count instead of 4 players.

It's very popular with streamers because it's funny af.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 me2002
@i_p_daily said:

I don't understand your logic but I think your salty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@me2002 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I don't understand your logic but I think your salty.

No it shows cows would rather pay for PS+ and download a indie game then spend money on Sony's AAA games. Plenty of laughter coming from me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38813 Posts

For how simplistic the game is, i don't see why there isn't like 100 different mini games at launch.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@i_p_daily said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Well if you didn't PAY for PS+ you wouldn't be able to play this FREE lol.

Cows should start asking you for your PS id or whatever crap they call it over there because i'm not sure if you even own any gaming device.

Only you can own your self on the same thread,first you claim the game is free to downplay its impact then you claim is not free because you want to attack some one who claim it was free like you did on your first post.

Congratulations man you are a true moron.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@me2002 said:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/08/fall_guys_has_almost_16_million_players_on_ps4_according_to_online_estimate

Holy shit this game is insanely popular. Most people got it free with PS+ but 16 million players is still crazy.

This is the funniest game I've ever played. Whether the popularity will last I don't know but they will be updating it with new seasons.

What a shame it's not on Xbox or Switch too bad lol.

Its not a shame at all. Switch has Mario Party. PlayStation has a bigger install based than Xbox. They were wise to go with PlayStation and PC first. The game is fun and anything can happen during game play. Season 2 should be coming soon.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

anybody with a computer can play it.

it runs on a potato.

so ya poor the rest of the world who dont pay to play for online.

also funny to see a kids game now hyped by playstation fanboys after shitting on animal crossing.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

For how simplistic the game is, i don't see why there isn't like 100 different mini games at launch.

Same, its not a game with crazy graphics or gameplay, its extremely simple.

I love the game, my GF played it a bunch this weekend as well, fun game to pass the sticks. If the game had alot more mini games id say its an absolute banger of a game, but its super light on content. For a game that is basically simple shapes and flat colors no reason for it to be this light on content.

Also the memorize game with the fruit squares is such a throw away game, they weren't trying at all with that one. Its like they ran out of ideas...

Honestly The best games are the obstacle coarse ones which are race to the Finnish. It reminds me of MXC... which is amazing lol They need to just keep pumping out different obstacle coarses, its where the game shines.

Loading Video...

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#23 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts
@sakaixx said:

New course, mic support and please no team game if you dont friggin want to do open mic!

Also seems like the kind of games that thrives on platforms like PS+, Xbox Gold or Whatever confirmed online crap on nintendo. Interesting to see the population after the PS+ promotion ended whether they will become the next rocket league or just a flash in the pan.

Seems like it has some longevity. A lot of causal players were looking for something like this on PlayStation for a while. The player demo is wide range as well. Imagine themed levels, more outfits & Winners Only rounds. There is a lot of potential.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

It's the perfect game to give away right now and, I'm sure it'll help drive PSN+ subs a bit even if it's just a month or so.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

devs are going to have to keep adding modes if they want longevity. I got bored after a weekend with it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

Just like Rocket League the bulk of gamers are on PS4.

We don't need data or charts or anything it's just facts. Thats where the biggest online userbase is.

If microsoft wants to do something about they can start by actually getting the game on time. This is the 2nd time this happened xbox one didn't get rocket league at launch either. Get gamers for your user base Phil stop it.