Fable 2 Hype - A warning from History.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Just a quick reminder for all those that have never seen the self hype for a Peter Molyneux game before.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3724674.stm

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
I like Peter Molyneux, seems an affable chap.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 muffin200
I like him to made some great games for one. He just seems to get carried away with the vision and not to grounded in the facts.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

alot of what he is saying will be in fable 2 has already been shown off. for the first Fable he just made alot of promises of what will be in the game when they werent officially in the game...just ideas he'd like to try and never had the chance due to time and funding.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I didn't even hear of Fable before I actually played it and I thought it was the best damn game on the Xbox. ANd judging from the previews of 2 thus far, I think its going to be just as good. Fable with a more open world and online Co-op, why the hell would that not be good?
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

I like Peter Molyneux, seems an affable chap.thrones

Yeh, he's a nice guy a real credit to Brits everywhere, but I think I'll wait til Fable is out and ranked before order a copy.............

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts

Well, how often do you hear a developer come out and actually apologize when their product doesn't live up to the hype? Still, it was his own fault for promising far too much. But despite this I seem to recall Fable was pretty well received. I never got in to it by two of my friends loved it.

But yeah, the message is clear; I'm not going to get too caught up in the hype over Fable 2. It looks more interesting to me than the first was, I'll certainly be keeping up with it and check out previews/reviews when it launches but I'm not going to get totally excited about it. Same way I feel about Too Human.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
i think peter is a pretty cool guy. eh kills his games and doesn't tell the truth of anything
Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts

History will show that Fable is a great game.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

I hope Fable2 doesn't flop, there is a certain user who might commit suicide if that happens :shock:, Fable2 looks Good to me I want it on Pc :cry:

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 muffin200

I hope Fable2 doesn't flop, there is a certain user who might commit suicide if that happens :shock:, Fable2 looks Good to me I want it on Pc :cry:

AgentA-Mi6

I also want it to be good and liked the 1st one as well . Some people on here are saying it will be the best thing ever and change gaming forever so it's just a warning to them to watch the hype levels until the game come out ;-)

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

Things might be different this time around. In that article, he sounded pretty self-conscious about his over-enthusiasm.

Pandemonium876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pandemonium876
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

AgentA-Mi6

It will come to PC just like the first one. Just wait for it.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Pandemonium876

Just right after everyone stops caring.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts
[QUOTE="Pandemonium876"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Relys

Just right after everyone stops caring.

Nope, I'll wait eagerly until the PC port comes out. I dont want to buy a console just for 1 game, the Pc port of Geow Saved me a lot of money...
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
Fable was the best game of the last gen.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

I didn't even hear of Fable before I actually played it and I thought it was the best damn game on the Xbox. ANd judging from the previews of 2 thus far, I think its going to be just as good. Fable with a more open world and online Co-op, why the hell would that not be good?Ket87

There must've been some stiff competition for that honor.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

[QUOTE="Ket87"]I didn't even hear of Fable before I actually played it and I thought it was the best damn game on the Xbox. ANd judging from the previews of 2 thus far, I think its going to be just as good. Fable with a more open world and online Co-op, why the hell would that not be good?sexy_chimp

There must've been some stiff competition for that honor.

Halo and..Halo 2?

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts
If I can't play with my dog in a big leaf pile than I'm not buying.
kokomos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kokomos
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
Fable 2 is going to fail. It probably isn't going to come out until 2010, and by the time it does there will be better games already out. So don't bother with this guy, he's just trying to drum up hype for another boring blunder.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

Peter confirmed he will not repeat the mistakes of the past, and EVERYTHING he speaks about will be in the game his time

I have no reason not to believe it TBH

Fable 2 is going to fail. It probably isn't going to come out until 2010, and by the time it does there will be better games already out. So don't bother with this guy, he's just trying to drum up hype for another boring blunder.kokomos

Sadly for you, the game has a autaumn release date set in stone, the game is nearly finished and are polishing it now

And there is no game like Fable 2, there is no suhc thing as "better" than Fable 2, because it is a unique game, one of a kind, if you can name me one name that is like Fable 2, epic, fairy tale like, dynamic vast free roaming world, huge cities, can influence the cities, story, hero etc by your actions, vast Crysis lit and detailed forests, some of the very best next gen visuals with Crysis effects, lighting and detail, can buy everything, and become king, get jobs, have families etc etc

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

Peter confirmed he will not repeat the mistakes of the past, and EVERYTHING he speaks about will be in the game his time

[QUOTE="kokomos"]Fable 2 is going to fail. It probably isn't going to come out until 2010, and by the time it does there will be better games already out. So don't bother with this guy, he's just trying to drum up hype for another boring blunder.saolin323

Sadly for you, the game has a autaumn release date set in stone, the game is nearly finished and are polishing it now

And there is no game like Fable 2, there is no suhc thing as "better" than Fable 2, because it is a unique game, one of a kind, if you can name me one name that is like Fable 2, epic, fairy tale like, dynamic vast free roaming world, huge cities, can influence the cities, story, hero etc by your actions, vast Crysis lit and detailed forests, some of the very best next gen visuals with Crysis effects, lighting and detail, can buy everything, and become king, get jobs, have families etc etc

Crysis graphics don't deserve to even be in the same thread as Fable 2, Crysis is impossible in its high end state on consoles so what makes you think Fable 2 will even be remotely as detailed as crysis

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts
[QUOTE="saolin323"]

[QUOTE="kokomos"]Fable 2 is going to fail. It probably isn't going to come out until 2010, and by the time it does there will be better games already out. So don't bother with this guy, he's just trying to drum up hype for another boring blunder.sam280992

Crysis graphics don't deserve to even be in the same thread as Fable 2, Crysis is impossible in its high end state on consoles so what makes you think Fable 2 will even be remotely as detailed as crysis

Actually Fable 2 is more detailed and has a bit better lighting that Crysis, and INFINITLY better looking trees and vegetation on top

Crysis has physics, and the huge scale, but in visuals it is mediocre comparing to Fable 2

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

saolin323

Do you even know how your starting to sound?

And stop starting everything with 'Peter says.......' its starting to get really creepy.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Pandemonium876

He is a PS3 fan so just waiting will be no problem there.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
There's little Fable2 hype, most people know it will be yet another medicore Zelda clone with average graphics and few useless and boring gimmicks thrown in.
7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts
Fable didnt live up to the hype but it still ended up being a great game.
thelordofrpgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thelordofrpgs
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Even if some of his games are mediocre, no-one, and I mean NO-ONE, can bad-mouth The Movies. Well, I think it was the same guy who made it. :cry: Lord has no memory of which people make games, only companies.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Actually Fable 2 is more detailed and has a bit better lighting that Crysis, and INFINITLY better looking trees and vegetation on top

Crysis has physics, and the huge scale, but in visuals it is mediocre comparing to Fable 2

saolin323

You have obviously never played Crysis... you know most of it takes place in forests yes? You already tried to have a polll on this and you were crushed.

Fable 2 is nothing special, its just a rehash sequal with gimmicky features.

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killadread
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

History will show that Fable is a great game.

Palax

History will show that Fable is...the shortest RPG ever made (7 hrs)

And History will show that Fable 2 will be it's closest runner up (8hrs)

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
he obviously learned from this, he hasn't gone over-the-top with fable 2 so why is this thread necessary?
Hypochondria9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hypochondria9
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

There's little Fable2 hype, most people know it will be yet another medicore Zelda clone with average graphics and few useless and boring gimmicks thrown in.AdrianWerner

Zelda Clone, did you play Fable.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]There's little Fable2 hype, most people know it will be yet another medicore Zelda clone with average graphics and few useless and boring gimmicks thrown in.Hypochondria9

Zelda Clone, did you play Fable.

I did and it was more of Zelda clone than real RPG, only diffrence is that it wasn't anywhere near as good as Zelda

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts

AgentA-Mi6

You don't even have a high end PC, you're just like the rest of the cows hiding behind PC.