Fable 2 = best graphics this generation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

The game's graphics totally kill anything else, bar the vast spaces of Crysis that can;t do due to ram limitations, but is on par with Crysis in every other respect and the art kills that game really

Also it has still a HUGE way to go, and Peter said those graphics were ... thier worst !!!

here is a small taste

Notice ....

1. The HDR in town !!! The amazing textures and detail in models

2. The shadows that are fully dynamic, from every tree leaf to every grass blade, even flowers cast a proper shadow !!!

3. The GDC trailer shows THE best forest i have ever seen, filledwith grass, shadows playing on grass from trees, and on      rock formations, light filtered in BEAMS thought trees

4. Trees are fully 3D and properly lit, unlike the terrible speedtree trees, that cast a generic blures shadow

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Test level - WIP. Arnt these really old to. I dont think we know what the game is acualy goin to look like at retail build. I think the 360 has allready bettered this.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

The game's graphics totally kill anything else, bar the vast spaces of Crysis that can;t do due to ram limitations, but is on par with Crysis in every other respect and the art kills that game really

Also it has still a HUGE way to go, and Peter said those graphics were ... thier worst !!!

here is a small taste

Notice ....

1. The HDR in town !!! The amazing textures and detail in models

2. The shadows that are fully dynamic, from every tree leaf to every grass blade, even flowers cast a proper shadow !!!

3. The GDC trailer shows THE best forest i have ever seen, filledwith grass, shadows playing on grass from trees, and on rock formations, light filtered in BEAMS thought trees

conceru3
yea... Looks nice. BUT WATCH AS YOUR 360 EXPLODES FROM SUCKING TOO MUCH... Fable is good. 360... is not.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I say mix between Bioshock and MGS4
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
*prays its not a pathway game again*
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 conceru3

Test level - WIP. Arnt these really old to. I dont think we know what the game is acualy goin to look like at retail build. I think the 360 has allready bettered this.Marka1700

Actually the forest in that GDC trailer looks million of times better than anything i have ever seen, just do not have a pic of it :(

And yes those graphics will see a HUGE upgrade until release in a year

conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 conceru3

*prays its not a pathway game again*Kook18

You have NEVER played any JRPG then ??? Bad for you... still this game will be huge, confirmed, each level is 10x or more the original Fable levels

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArisShadows
*prays its not a pathway game again*Kook18
Explain? I havent played Fable 1
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
not really. crysis looks much better than Fable2 and it will be out in 2007, a year before Fable2.
Now if the visuals get much needed upgreade Fable2 has a chance to become best looking 2008 360 game or even best looking 2008 console game, but 2008 pc games will be preetier, and 2009 and 2010 ones will make it look like a joke
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
Assuming we're leaving the PC out of this, NG 2, GeoW 2 or Mass Effect 2 will be the best looking game this gen.
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
yea... Looks nice. BUT WATCH AS YOUR 360 EXPLODES FROM SUCKING TOO MUCH... Fable is good. 360... is not.Virus214

Thank you so much for contributing to this thread I also wish you do not die anytime soon. /sarcasm
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts
Shivering isles looks better now on the 360 = fable flops
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Everytime I hear Fable 2 it reminds me of that guy talking about how the dog in the game loves you in some video i saw. Can't say im really excited about this one.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kook18

[QUOTE="Kook18"]*prays its not a pathway game again*conceru3

You have NEVER played any JRPG then ??? Bad for you... still this game will be huge, confirmed, each level is 10x or more the original Fable levels

the structure for the fable games & jrpgs are quite different. plus you can't tell me the main fable quest, a straight runthough, wasn't terribly short. i liked part 1, but it had a lot of potential that i hope they realize with fable 2
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
LOL! What nonsense! Crysis (and a bunch of other games) dwarf Fable 2 graphically.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kook18
[QUOTE="Kook18"]*prays its not a pathway game again*ArisShadows

play it, its only like 10-20 bucks now for the platinum hits version (extended mainquest & extra sidequests). worth at least one playthrough.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Kook18"]*prays its not a pathway game again*Kook18

play it, its only like 10-20 bucks now for the platinum hits version (extended mainquest & extra sidequests). worth at least one playthrough.

I check it out.. PC or Xbox (compatible?)?
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
If those screenshots are what your going off, Crysis looks much, much better. Plus, Crysis is huge and free roaming.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kook18
[QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Kook18"]*prays its not a pathway game again*ArisShadows

i never touched the pc version, but the xbox platinum hits version has all (i think all) of the extra quests/items the pc gamers got. & it is compatible with the 360.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pundog
If those screenshots are what your going off, Crysis looks much, much better. Plus, Crysis is huge and free roaming.Danm_999
Those are something like alpha or pre-alpha shots of Fable 2 which is coming out well after Crysis, so it should look much better.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tristam22
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]If those screenshots are what your going off, Crysis looks much, much better. Plus, Crysis is huge and free roaming.pundog
Those are something like alpha or pre-alpha shots of Fable 2 which is coming out well after Crysis, so it should look much better.

Much better than their current state or much better than Crysis? I hope you're not suggesting the latter, because there's no way any of the consoles could run Crysis properly.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
WOW, world of warcraft has better graphics then that :P . btw no i dont think fable has the best graphics for rpg. i think BIoshock or White Knight story has the best so far.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Kook18"]*prays its not a pathway game again*Kook18

i never touched the pc version, but the xbox platinum hits version has all (i think all) of the extra quests/items the pc gamers got. & it is compatible with the 360.

I will check it up, thanks man.
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 conceru3

Here are all the arguments killed

Crysis has much better textures than Gothic3 , Fable2 does not

Has one more year to ne made properly, and in fact textures in that town kill anything on Gothic 3

Crysis has much better draw-distance than than Gothic3 , Fable2 does not

You do not know that AT ALL .... probably will have enough draw distanceto not notice any problems

Crysis has couple times more dense enviorements than Gothic3 , Fable2 does not

And you know how exactly ? The only filled place we got to see is that forest, that frankly seem more dense than ANY forest i have seen in Crysis, with far better looking trees as well

Crysis character models look couple times better than Gothic3 , Fable2 ones look better, but nowhere near crysis quality, they're much closer to Gothic3 or Oblivion quality

I agree about characters, will never reach any amazing level in Fable, mainly because of art **** monsters s another thing though, in fact check Mass Effect mosnters, look better than anything Crysis has doen so far

Crysis has much better lighting than Gothic3 and even better than Fable2, so the only big advantage Fable2 has over G3 is even bigger with Crysis

No, Crysis has SAME lighting model as Fable 2 (ambience, light beams, haze, HDR, proper shadows etc etc), and i did not see proper shadows from EVERY FLOWER in Crysis,so in fact it is BEHIND Fable 2 in lighting, the shadows from every leaf are not as good also, as for Gothic it is YEARS and MILES behind both, are you EVEN SERIOUS about that ? Light haze, neams and ambience is also done better than Crfysis, they are far more evident and stunning !!! In comparisson Gothic 3 has absolutly no lighting at all .....

Crysis has every object in gameworld physics-based and destructable, Fable2 does not.

All leaves sway in the wind, might be scripted but WHO CARES ? The effect is there

so yeah...Fable2 looks like 0.2 upgrade over Gothic3, crysis in dx10 looks more or less like a 1.0 upgrade over Gothic3, so I guess I was a bit wrong, crysis looks like 0.8 generation ahead of fable2

So, i proved you wrong, even for this VERY early Fable 2 version, Crysis has nothing on it bar the huge distances that renders stuff

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pundog
[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]If those screenshots are what your going off, Crysis looks much, much better. Plus, Crysis is huge and free roaming.Tristam22

Much better than their current state or much better than Crysis? I hope you're not suggesting the latter, because there's no way any of the consoles could run Crysis properly.

Much better than their current state. And I wouldn't rule out consoles being able to run Crysis, we're only a year and a half into the oldest next gen consoles lifespan, there's still a lot of time for improvement.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tristam22
[QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]If those screenshots are what your going off, Crysis looks much, much better. Plus, Crysis is huge and free roaming.pundog

Much better than their current state. And I wouldn't rule out consoles being able to run Crysis, we're only a year and a half into the oldest next gen consoles lifespan, there's still a lot of time for improvement.

Pah! DX10, man! DX10!
XunknownX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XunknownX
Member since 2006 • 402 Posts
Shut up you retards! 'Fable will flop. Fable is crap' Just shut up you dumb **** It's not even out for goodness sake! You retarded cows say KZ2 is real and some of you morons actually believe that!
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pundog
[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]If those screenshots are what your going off, Crysis looks much, much better. Plus, Crysis is huge and free roaming.Tristam22

Pah! DX10, man! DX10!

Doesn't mean they can't create the same or at least very similar graphics, it would take more work programming no doubt, but the 360 and PS3 will be able to do graphics on a crysis level or beyond. Besides, isn't Crysis supposed to be able to run in DX9 anyway?
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
rsv, lair, motorstorm, oblivion, heavenlysword and geow still look far better
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]If those screenshots are what your going off, Crysis looks much, much better. Plus, Crysis is huge and free roaming.pundog

It's got the hardware limitations of a 2005 GPU though, as well as the limitations than come about from the console's more austere RAM and HDD. Optimisation can only take it so far. And honestly, those Fable 2 screens are really nothing impressive, so by saying by the time it's released it should look better than Crysis, is really nothing but speculation.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
you're not welcome here, nasos.