Extra! Extra! F1 2021 drops ray-tracing on PS5!!!

• 54 results
Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

"F1 2021 has temporarily removed its ray-tracing capabilities on PlayStation 5 to improve the game's stability.

Ray-tracing in the game's PC and Xbox Series X versions remains unaffected."

What a shame, only a few months in and PS5 already having trouble keeping up with full next gen PC and Xbox Series X versions.

According to the developers they'll do their best to bring RT back. I blame Sony for keeping rDNA 3 and other alien technologies locked to pwn teh lems.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-07-20-f1-2021-patch-pulls-ray-tracing-on-ps5-to-aid-stability

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12902 Posts

12 > 9

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

Ray traced shadows on PC seem to look awful, but ray traced reflections on the other hand have something next gen to them.

As per dsogaming

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1038 Posts

And that's why I own both. Too many resolution and other advantages on Series X. Multiplats are better there.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Tracing incident.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Interesting. I wonder if it's the devs not being comfortable with the PS5 architecture or if it's an issue with the PS5 hardware itself.

If more games have raytracing issues on PS5, we'll have our answer.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

Not acceptable, the SSD should ensure super raytracing is available.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

@gym_lion said:

Tracing incident.

Underrated comment. 😄

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@gym_lion: I wish we had a Like option. That was funny.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

And that's why I own both. Too many resolution and other advantages on Series X. Multiplats are better there.

Not always remember devil may cry 5 was better on ps5 its not always about digits about the developer and what they can do on the system

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38712 Posts

Oh shit this is the kind of articles that would make Tormys veins pop. He'd be boiling right now

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KvallyX  Online

@zerothehero said:
@nnoyinghusband said:

Not always remember devil may cry 5 was better on ps5 its not always about digits about the developer and what they can do on the system

DMC5 is better on Xbox Series X according to Digital Foundry.

Normal Mode: Xbox

High Frame Rate Mode: PS

Ray Tracing Performance: Tie

Ray Tracing Quality: Xbox

Refresh: Xbox (and advantage was "crucial")

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-devil-may-cry-5-ps5-xbox-series-x-comparison

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NNoyingHusband

@zerothehero said:
@nnoyinghusband said:

There are exceptions to the rule. For example, MGSV plays at a higher resolution on PS5 because the developer released a PS4 Pro update but not an Xbox One X update. That also happened to Dark Souls or something else, I forget. I'm mostly referring to current gen updates. For example, updates were made to Ghost Recon Breakpoint for Series X/PS5. When broken down, Series X is the superior version. This type of comparison can be seen on other titles too, which is why I prefer to play on Series X. Now if the PS5 gives me a better version (in the case of MGSV), I'm gonna play it there. I was mostly interested in MGO the other day and it sucked so I moved on.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

I guess devs are waiting on the tools for the PS5. 🤭

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NNoyingHusband

@x_hedon: From reading that, it's clear Xbox has a slight edge is multiple areas of that game. It can be a nit-picky thing to complain about, but considering I have a choice, that extra 2-3fps or slight graphical advantage is enough to push me to the Xbox version, especially considering I like the controller better. Call it devs, call it hardware, look I don't care. All I know is what videos I watch comparing and I'm going to go with what the superior version is.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

"The update for the racing game has also temporarily removed ray-tracing for the PlayStation 5 version of the game due to instability issues. The developers are working on re-enabling ray-tracing as soon as possible."

OP knew it would be re-enabled in due course, but decided just to stir up SW. How sad, although RT should be left to PC, we know a 2060 is better than either console in that regard.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Good to know the PS5 isn't holding the Series X back. Wonder how the Series S version is doing. Would be embarrassing if it got RT and PS5 didn't.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX  Online

@nnoyinghusband said:

@x_hedon: From reading that, it's clear Xbox has a slight edge is multiple areas of that game. It can be a nit-picky thing to complain about, but considering I have a choice, that extra 2-3fps or slight graphical advantage is enough to push me to the Xbox version, especially considering I like the controller better. Call it devs, call it hardware, look I don't care. All I know is what videos I watch comparing and I'm going to go with what the superior version is.

I own the game and played it back on the Xbox One X (when it also has the advantage back then), and don't plan on playing it again on my Series X. With backlogs, I can't be bothered to play a game multiple times (unless of course it an online game like Battlefield).

I only posted that because Protuss was lying, and had to call him out on his lie.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NNoyingHusband

@Random_Matt said:

"The update for the racing game has also temporarily removed ray-tracing for the PlayStation 5 version of the game due to instability issues. The developers are working on re-enabling ray-tracing as soon as possible."

OP knew it would be re-enabled in due course, but decided just to stir up SW. How sad, although RT should be left to PC, we know a 2060 is better than either console in that regard.

We need to stir up SW. That's what provides me entertainment. By the way, that PFP is 100% FIRE!!!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Right, it's not like Sony fanboys do this..........oh wait. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KvallyX  Online

What happened to System Wars? This forum used to have new posts going so fast that threads would roll off the page in a matter of hours. Now it seems like weeks. This is BARELY active anymore.

Social Media? If so, I can't stand Social Media. I love my forums.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

System Wars is the epitome of hypocrisy. "waah, your side is just stirring up drama" while ignoring their own side that does the same thing. Or, "you're having a meltdown!" over just a heated discussion when the accusers are doing the same thing.

My favorite one is "you're an alt" while the one claiming it is also likely one, when it doesn't even matter here anymore. Bunch of stupid fuckwads. 🏋️

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Weak station 5 the 1080p next gen console

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Random_Matt: Although obviously this is a (quite innocent) SW post I literally wrote this on my initial post "According to the developers they'll do their best to bring RT back".

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10604 Posts

Dammit man. Oh well, it’s not a game that I’m interested in, but if this turns out to be the case for multiplats in the future, then I’ll make haste to acquire a xsx sooner than later.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10604 Posts

Just got off of NeoGaf, and it seems like a bug. Now I’m not “downplaying“ the issue, but I thought that the instability was in the universal code. It seems that not everyone is experiencing issues, and Codemasters are working on a fix for this bug.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

Should drop a bunch of PS5s on Hamiltons head.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Temporary…most likely some bug somewhere causing problems.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17421 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

And they said they were Codemasters

"We are aware of some instability within the game for a limited number of users on PS5 relating to Ray Tracing," Codemasters wrote.

Wonder why it only affected a limited number of PS5 users?

Not to stir up fanboys or drama (or both), but my guess s to why PS5 is having all of these crashes and stability issues with only a limited amount of users is probably due to the fact that the chip is running such a high overclock.

I say that because it's a well known issue with AMD hardware on PC. They just aren't great overclockers and often have issues even when you succeed.

PS5 takes it even beyond what is seen on PC. Even with Nvidia cards there's stability issues when running RT on overclocked cards.

I just removed mine from my 3090 while running anything with RT

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8848 Posts

The XSX is more powerful than PS5, but lets be honest - it's not by some big margin. I'd think that with the time, most devs could get multiplats to look and perform the same 90% of the time.

TumorStation5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 293 Posts

That's when you have a shit GPU with less CU and stupid variable frequencies

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7132 Posts

wow everyone missed that it was dropped in photo mode. ow no no raytracing in photo made on the ps5.

we all play games for its photo mode now?

this has nothing to do with gameplay. no raytracing in the gameplay for either system.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:

wow everyone missed that it was dropped in photo mode. ow no no raytracing in photo made on the ps5.

this has nothing to do with gameplay. no raytracing in the gameplay for either system.

Our system is weaker than we originally thought. If this is happening in under a year, what will happen in 3 years from now?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gifford38

This is being done to “aid stability” for the time being and Codemasters is looking to “re-enable this as quickly as possible.” It will provide an update to fans “in due course.” F1 2021 is the first title in the series to use ray tracing for its cutscenes, replays and Photo Mode along with the front end. It remains to be seen whether this issue can be fixed for the PS5 version.

https://www.geekinco.com/2021/07/f1-2021-for-ps5-ray-tracing-gives-too.html

looks like they left that part out to make the ps5 look inferior.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

Don't stress over the PS5 is struggling with ray tracing and can become unstable. 😎

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gifford38

@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:

Our system is weaker than we originally thought. If this is happening in under a year, what will happen in 3 years from now?

so raytracing taking out of its cutscenes and photo mode is = weaker than we thought?

come on why do you have a ps5 if you hate it so much? sell it to smoeont that would like it.

put yet rift apart is saying best looking console game to date. says it in the reviews.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:

so raytracing taking out of its cutscenes and photo mode is = weaker than we thought?

come on why do you have a ps5 if you hate it so much? sell it to smoeont that would like it.

put yet rift apart is saying best looking console game to date. says it in the reviews.

These are the first signs. Why is it you and Tormy have trouble understanding this?

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Pretty sure AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution should be coming to consoles, this should give a nice boost to performance to PS5 and Xbox consoles for a minor loss in graphical fidelity.

I'm only able to run Ray Tracing on my PC with any decent performance using DLSS. A similar feature is essential for consoles.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hardwenzen

@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

Pretty sure AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution should be coming to consoles, this should give a nice boost to performance to PS5 and Xbox consoles for a minor loss in graphical fidelity.

I'm only able to run Ray Tracing on my PC with any decent performance using DLSS. A similar feature is essential for consoles.

Its not very good image quality wise, tho. Its dlss that we need, but can't have.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gifford38
@hardwenzen said:
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its not very good image quality wise, tho. Its dlss that we need, but can't have.

im playing rift apart in fatality mode at 40 fps now. at 4k 120hrz. it makes it look great and runs smoother. even better than it did at launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXi7uO7wxdc

my tv supports hdmi 2.1 and man does it look good at 4k 120hrz at 40 fps.

amd fidelity was made for hdmi 2.1 and tv that support 4k 120hrz

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gifford38
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Don't stress over the PS5 is struggling with ray tracing and can become unstable. 😎

no its the fact its for photo mode and cut scenes.

and yet most ps5 games support raytracing.

so why am i stressing over photo mode and cutscenes?

everyone is calling the ps5 weak saying no raytracing for gameplay. yet its only for photo mode and cutscenes.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gifford38
@hardwenzen said:
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

also 4k at 120hrz is not a good image quality? you make no sense what so ever.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

4k120hz on a ps5🤦‍♂️stop dreaming.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

What game is running at 4k at 120FPS?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gifford38
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

What game is running at 4k at 120FPS?

4k 120hrz not fps. most tv only support 4k 60hrz unless you have a tv that does hdmi 2.1

if you don't have a tv that does your not going to see the difference.

rift apart with a tv that has hdmi 2.1 is now 40fps at 4k 120hrz. it looks and plays smooth.

instead of 30 fps at 4k 60hrz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQBDNLcLqLc

even digital foundry is impressed by the numbers.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gifford38
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

4k120hz on a ps5🤦‍♂️stop dreaming.

with amd its now 40fps at 4k 120hrz instead of 30 fps at 4k 60hrz.

only if you have a hdmi 2.1.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

4k 120hrz not fps. most tv only support 4k 60hrz unless you have a tv that does hdmi 2.1

rift apart with a tv that has hdmi 2.1 is now 40fps at 4k 120hrz. it looks and plays smooth.

So it is running at 1/3 the refresh rate and that makes it better because?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

So it is running at 1/3 the refresh rate and that makes it better because?

I don't get what your saying? it runs at 4k 120hrz at 40fps. instead of 30fps at 4k 60hrz.

isn't that better?

watch the video