Explain this

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Bulldozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Bulldozer
Member since 2003 • 46303 Posts

How come Ninja Gaiden get to be on PS III when it's Xbox exclusive title but MGS III don't get to be on either XBox or Xbox 360?

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Seriously, no one is pretending like Ninja Gaiden Sigma won't be ported over to the 360.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

No xbox owners bought MGS2

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Let me rephrase...

Ninja Gaiden. Both Sigma and Black are developed by Team Ninja.

Metal Gear Solid 3 was developed by Kojima Productions (a subsidiary of Konami).

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 were both ported. The prior to PC and the latter to both PC and Xbox. All three ports performed very poorly by comparison. Metal Gear Solid 3 was decided to stay PS2 exclusive due to the large install base of the PS2.

It was Team Ninja's decision (I believe) to port Black to the PS3, for what reason I do not know. I would bet there are others on this board who are more versed in Team Ninja's dealing than I am.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
They are totally different games. It is up to a developer to decide whether to port a game to another console and its usually done for money reasons. It could just be that team ninja think ninja gaiden would be better off on the ps3 for techincal reasons or something along those lines, and i guess that is the same with what MGS is doing.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
cause the developers didn't want to?
billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

Since most of us already played Black,

A rehashed version doesn't seem very exciting.

The-Bulldozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The-Bulldozer

Let me rephrase...

Metal Gear Solid 3 was developed by Kojima Productions (a subsidiary of Konami).

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 were both ported. The prior to PC and the latter to both PC and Xbox. All three ports performed very poorly by comparison. Metal Gear Solid 3 was decided to stay PS2 exclusive due to the large install base of the PS2.

It was Team Ninja's decision (I believe) to port Black to the PS3, for what reason I do not know. I would bet there are others on this board who are more versed in Team Ninja's dealing than I am.foxhound_fox

I see what you mean. It sucks because I'm a MGS fan since they started and don't want to buy the PSII or PS III to play the new ones.

The-Bulldozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The-Bulldozer

Nike_Air

I did :|

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Let me rephrase...

It was Team Ninja's decision (I believe) to port Black to the PS3, for what reason I do not know. I would bet there are others on this board who are more versed in Team Ninja's dealing than I am.The-Bulldozer

I see what you mean. It sucks because I'm a MGS fan since they started and don't want to buy the PSII or PS III to play the new ones.

you can't expect to get every game you want all for one system.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

The-Bulldozer

I did :|

impossible
SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Seriously, no one is pretending like Ninja Gaiden Sigma won't be ported over to the 360.DaysAirlines
I don't think anyone would be suprtised if it was.

_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts

billing
Maybe you should read up on it first. It's not just a rehash. There's additional content and everything is being re-done. Developer also stated it will run in 720p at a locked 60 frames per second. Check the recent PSM for screenshots and gameplay details. This game looks amazing.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

Nike_Air

dont stereotype lems like you know them all

I for one did buy MGS2:sub good game

but MGS1 and 3 are better IMO

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 onewiththegame
[QUOTE="billing"]

_AsasN_

Maybe you should read up on it first. It's not just a rehash. There's additional content and everything is being re-done. Developer also stated it will run in 720p at a locked 60 frames per second. Check the recent PSM for screenshots and gameplay details. This game looks amazing.

maybe you should read up about NG/NGB

it's pretty much a port but will be great just like NG/NGB

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

onewiththegame

Calm down , don't take everything so literally. It didn't sell well on the xbox.

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
Uhh, isn't Sigma a port of Black? Just with a different name?
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nike_Air

Uhh, isn't Sigma a port of Black? Just with a different name?Not-A-Stalker
Uhh , I think it is now considered a remake instead of a port.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 onewiththegame
[QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Nike_Air

Calm down , don't take everything so literally. It didn't sell well on the xbox.

sorry it's my time of the month

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 onewiththegame

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]Uhh, isn't Sigma a port of Black? Just with a different name?Nike_Air

Uhh , I think it is now considered a remake instea of a port.

was MGS2:sub a re-make or port? cows will call it a port but it has new things added

NG(whatever you wanna put beside it B or S) is a port

it's the same core game

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts
Let me rephrase...

It was Team Ninja's decision (I believe) to port Black to the PS3, for what reason I do not know. I would bet there are others on this board who are more versed in Team Ninja's dealing than I am.foxhound_fox
It's not a port. It's a remake.
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]Uhh, isn't Sigma a port of Black? Just with a different name?onewiththegame

was MGS2:sub a re-make or port? cows will call it a port but it has new things added

it's the same core game

No. Resident Evil Remake (for the cube) was the same core game with new things added but wasn't a port. That's what Sigma is.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 onewiththegame

It was Team Ninja's decision (I believe) to port Black to the PS3, for what reason I do not know. I would bet there are others on this board who are more versed in Team Ninja's dealing than I am.sainraja
It's not a port. It's a remake.
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]Uhh, isn't Sigma a port of Black? Just with a different name?onewiththegame

it's the same core game

No. Resident Evil Remake (for the cube) was the same core game with new things added but wasn't a port. That's what Sigma is.

than why isn't it NG:remake? lol I kid

I dont really care either way, NG is one of the best games ever IMO

so cows are lucky to get to play it

what's the difference between port and remakes??

is it just a fanboy thing or is there a differnece

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
[QUOTE="The-Bulldozer"]

It was Team Ninja's decision (I believe) to port Black to the PS3, for what reason I do not know. I would bet there are others on this board who are more versed in Team Ninja's dealing than I am.CaseyWegner

that is how most 360 fanboys think, the ps3 fanboys never say they want the 360 games they just say they suck until they are announced for the ps3, while 360 fanboys just want it all

The-Bulldozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The-Bulldozer
[QUOTE="The-Bulldozer"]

It was Team Ninja's decision (I believe) to port Black to the PS3, for what reason I do not know. I would bet there are others on this board who are more versed in Team Ninja's dealing than I am.CaseyWegner

I never saidI wanted all the games on one system. I just want a trade like Ninja for MGS.

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
My understanding of Sigma is that its a remake of Ninja Gaiden Black with better graphics and 2 new chapters. I don't know about you guys but considering I've already played Ninja Gaiden Black I wouldn't want to spend at least $70 (CAD with taxes) for a game I've already played. Is it great that PS3 owners get to play one of the great games of last gen, yes. But that doesn't mean TN should waste their time on a 360 version when NGB is already backwards compatible.
matteno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 matteno1
Member since 2002 • 356 Posts

How come Ninja Gaiden get to be on PS III when it's Xbox exclusive title but MGS III don't get to be on either XBox or Xbox 360?

The-Bulldozer
Are you sure that you are Level 44?
earthking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 earthking
Member since 2003 • 12506 Posts
cause the developers didn't want to? CaseyWegner
Good point.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#28 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
much different. ninja gaiden on ps3 is the equivalent of say an upgraded God of War on 360.
snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts

Nike_Air

i did! i didnt have a ps2 at the time, and i was a high school freshmen, no cash, i had to get games as gifts and ask my pops. 

beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts

The-Bulldozer
my guess is they want to get people to see how good ninja gaiden is so when NG2 release they will get does people that loved NG1 to get part 2. porting NG1 is easier than making a whole new game on the Ps3, 2/3 of the work is done already for it. the Itagi dude said NG2 will be out for 360. why he didnt remake this for 360 also i dont know. maybe he though ps3 was gonna be bigger than xbox again or something ? so he is testing grounds and getting some more fans.. all for NG2.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Seriously, no one is pretending like Ninja Gaiden Sigma won't be ported over to the 360.DaysAirlines

doesn't make much sense. Why would lemmings want a port of a game they already played on the first xbox, only with updated content and gfx? That wouldn't sell.

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Seriously, no one is pretending like Ninja Gaiden Sigma won't be ported over to the 360.SambaLele

doesn't make much sense. Why would lemmings want a port of a game they already played on the first xbox, only with updated content and gfx? That wouldn't sell.

Exactly. All these people making these threads about "sigma should be ported to 360" are just fakeboys wanting to garner attention for sigma but it just isn't working because we already played the game.

The-Bulldozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The-Bulldozer

that is how most 360 fanboys think, the ps3 fanboys never say they want the 360 games they just say they suck until they are announced for the ps3, while 360 fanboys just want it allKahuna_1

:|:|:| me ownin' an Xbox doesn't make me a fan boy. All I was askin' why how come they did that :|

The-Bulldozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The-Bulldozer
[QUOTE="The-Bulldozer"]

matteno1

Are you sure that you are Level 44?

What the hell has that to do with anythin'?