Executive editor of Game Informer; PS5 is more powerful than Scarlett

• 191 results
#101 Posted by ronvalencia (27884 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

PS5 will be more powerful than Xbox Scarlett? Who knows? but in past months I heard rumours saying Xbox Scarlett will be more powerful than PS5.

Well lets find by 2020!

Please link them.

There are rumors and there are rumors,if you heard it from the mouth of a blind fanboy no that is not valid,what is been claim was say by a journalist who was on E3 and claimed he was told by developers that sony's machine was more powerful.

I haven't read a single journalist or leaker claming scarlet would be more powerful.

@ronvalencia said:

Microsoft/NVIDIA pushed the industry towards DXR/RTX hardware accelerated ray-tracing with Xbox Scarlet's hardware accelerated ray-tracing being confirmed.

Microsoft/NVIDIA's DXR/RTX hardware accelerated ray-tracing is based on BVH search tree ray-tracing model. AMD is being pushed towards NVIDIA influenced DXR.

Will Sony follow Microsoft's DXR for hardware accelerated ray-tracing path? Sony has to confirm "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing.

NAVI's wavefront length being reduced from 64 to 32 effectively means NVIDIA won the GpGPU compute fight! NAVI = poor man's CUDA like GPU.

PlayStation’s next-generation console ticks all those boxes, starting with an AMD chip at the heart of the device. (Warning: some alphabet soup follows.) The CPU is based on the third generation of AMD’s Ryzen line and contains eight cores of the company’s new 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing, a technique that models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments. While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia’s recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

The signs point at hardware based ray tracing.

The AMD chip also includes a custom unit for 3D audio that Cerny thinks will redefine what sound can do in a videogame.

Ray tracing is compare to Nvidia side which is hardware based,and after the ray tracing part they claim the chip will ALSO have a custom unit for 3d audio,the use of the word also on chip after ray tracing means hardware based.

Sony will probably have to clarify but from what it looks it look like the PS5 will have hardware based solution.

That's a very weak argument on Sony's confirmation for hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

Your "3D audio" argument is blubbering about audio not hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia's recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it. Yet.

Wired magazine's article is flawed since it has forgotten PS4 Killzone Shadow Fall's shader based ray-tracing reflections.

Sony needs to declare hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

NVIDIA RTX's main contribution is reducing shader load when doing ray-tracing NOT about missing ray-tracing effects on DirectX12 GPUs.

Try again.

#102 Posted by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

That's a very weak argument on Sony's confirmation for hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

Your "3D audio" argument is blubbering about audio not hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia's recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it. Yet.

Wired magazine's article is flawed since it has forgotten PS4 Killzone Shadow Fall's shader based ray-tracing reflections.

NVIDIA RTX's main contribution is reducing shader load when doing ray-tracing NOT about missing ray-tracing effects on DirectX12 GPUs.

Try again.

Hey parrot.

The wire is claiming the PS5 has ray tracing like the RTX LINE of GPU,the comparison been done here is to a GPU with hardware based RT,no console has hardware RT so yeah they are not flawed,the flawed part in on your side when you assumed without proof that sony solution is software based because of a simply omition.

Killzone RT is software based not hardware based like the RTX so the wire is correct no console has been able to do it YET.

Matt From Resetera confirmed it was HB RT for both.

#103 Edited by ronvalencia (27884 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Try again.

Hey parrot.

The wire is claiming the PS5 has ray tracing like the RTX LINE of GPU,the comparison been done here is to a GPU with hardware based RT,no console has hardware RT so yeah they are not flawed,the flawed part in on your side when you assumed without proof that sony solution is software based because of a simply omition.

Killzone RT is software based not hardware based like the RTX so the wire is correct no console has been able to do it YET.

Matt From Resetera confirmed it was HB RT for both.

Wire is not an authoritative source it fuk'ed up with the comparison.

Loading Video...

Wire didn't factor in CryEngine 5.5+ with non-screen space ray-tracing reflections without hardware accelerated DXR.

Vega 56 has 56 branch hardware up to 1474 mhz clock speed.

5700 XT AE has 80 branch hardware up to 1980 mhz clock speed.

Ray-tracing has many diverting paths and complex shader programs, hence the need to boost branch hardware.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64900/metro-exodus-dev-talks-ray-tracing-next-gen-consoles/index.html

Archard said: "It doesn't really matter - be it dedicated hardware or just enough compute power to do it in shader units, I believe it would be viable. For the current generation - yes, multiple solutions is the way to go. This is also a question of how long you support a parallel pipeline for legacy PC hardware. A GeForce GTX 1080 isn't an out of date card as far as someone who bought one last year is concerned. So, these cards take a few years to phase out and for RT to become fully mainstream to the point where you can just assume it. And obviously on current generation consoles we need to have the voxel GI solution in the engine alongside the new ray tracing solution. Ray tracing is the future of gaming, so the main focus is now on RT either way".

He continued: "In terms of the viability of ray tracing on next generation consoles, the hardware doesn't have to be specifically RTX cores. Those cores aren't the only thing that matters when it comes to ray tracing. They are fixed function hardware that speed up the calculations specifically relating to the BVH intersection tests. Those calculations can be done in standard compute if the computer cores are numerous and fast enough (which we believe they will be on the next gen consoles). In fact, any GPU that is running DX12 will be able to "run" DXR since DXR is just an extension of DX12".

Xbox Scarlet is first console to confirm hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#104 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1469 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

PS5 will be more powerful than Xbox Scarlett? Who knows? but in past months I heard rumours saying Xbox Scarlett will be more powerful than PS5.

Well lets find by 2020!

Please link them.

There are rumors and there are rumors, if you heard it from the mouth of a blind fanboy no that is not valid,what is been claim was say by a journalist who was on E3 and claimed he was told by developers that Sony's machine was more powerful.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04/18/xbox-ps5-next-gen-more-powerful/

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/06/rumour_ps5_is_more_powerful_than_project_scarlett

These are the rumours that I've heard before.

#105 Posted by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04/18/xbox-ps5-next-gen-more-powerful/

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/06/rumour_ps5_is_more_powerful_than_project_scarlett

These are the rumours that I've heard before.

Who is gods green earth is Ainsley Bowden? A twiter journalist?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/06/09/microsoft-fails-to-capitalize-on-sonys-absence-with-a-surprisingly-light-xbox-scarlett-reveal/#6f3aea441991

The are 2 different ones saying the same for the PS5.

And the one you have is from a different source from gameinformer.

@ronvalencia said:

Wire didn't factor in CryEngine 5.5+ with non-screen space ray-tracing reflections without hardware accelerated DXR.

Ray-tracing has many diverting paths and complex shader programs, hence the need to boost branch hardware.

NOw your changing the subject no console has done hardware based RT,the wire comparison is vs the RTX so is clear they ment hardware based not software based.

So the article is correct CryEngine solution is not hardware based is software based.

Matt from Resetera confirmed both the PS5 and Scarlet had Hardware based RT.

The only one wrong here was you,because you assumed sony didn't have HB RT.

#107 Edited by Fedor (4988 posts) -

@Tessellation: Bro, did you just call my boy SecretPolice a cow? Did you forget to change accounts?

#108 Posted by SaltSlasher (1088 posts) -

You realize people at that office are hardcore Sony fanboys who are in deep penile and never give Xbox any credit without major reservations.

Also, last time I checked, development kits on new gen machines aren't 1:1 recreations.

The only way PS5 is more powerful is if it costs more, so those rumors of a $800 PS5 might just be true and they out of their fucking minds.

#109 Posted by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@fedor:

Hahahaha he probably was referring to me but make a mistake..hahahaha

#110 Posted by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@saltslasher:

So is it me or the ps4 was 100 less than the xbox one and 50% stronger on 2013?

800 ps5..lol

#111 Posted by Fedor (4988 posts) -

@tormentos: LMAO, thats amazing.

#112 Posted by SaltSlasher (1088 posts) -

@tormentos: Do you even think before talking? The Xbox was $500 cause it came with the freaking Kinect. What you mean is they are both $400 and PS4 stronger.

What are we talking, 900 vs 1080, I don't know why there is such a small gap, but with X it is insanely more powerful than Pro and $100 more, doing real 4K over 1440 upscaled which is massive difference than 900 vs 1080. I'd make a small vegas bet that Scarlett comes in at $500, I don't believe Sony could produce a drastically stronger console for anything less than $600, short of taking a loss per unit, and they only ones dumb enough to sell a $600 unit with the works. Either way I doubt we're talking 4K vs 8K, we're liking talking the battle of 60fps vs 120 fps and load times, yet who's gonna complain about 4K/60 or 1 second load over 5 second, it made sense to complain about 900p when you have a 1080 screen, just like it makes sense to complain about 1440p on your 4K.

I love X's power over PS4, and big reason I bought it, but I'm moving the goalpost where PS4 can't touch Xbox, 30ish games shown at E3 that will be Game Pass day and date. I will never buy a game on PS4/PS5 if its on Game Pass.

#113 Posted by Raining51 (1046 posts) -

Yeah

#114 Posted by SecretPolice (35280 posts) -

@Tessellation said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:

Have fun fighting about 0.02% difference in power between PS and Xbox. Amuse us PC gamers.

Seriously, gonna need to use the Hubble space telescope to find any difference. lol

Now, Super Mighty Anaconda on the other hand... :P

You need to seek help ASAP , looks that you are spending lots of times down the basement and here fighting over pieces of plastic... this is my only and one account.. and quite ironic that a huge cow like you calls me a fanboy.. unlike you when i have the time i waste it playing the games not being a 40 plus something dude getting owned by guys entering their twenties on a internet forum.

I don't even???? lol :P

#115 Edited by Litchie (23897 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:
@Tessellation said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:

Have fun fighting about 0.02% difference in power between PS and Xbox. Amuse us PC gamers.

Seriously, gonna need to use the Hubble space telescope to find any difference. lol

You need to seek help ASAP , looks that you are spending lots of times down the basement and here fighting over pieces of plastic... this is my only and one account.. and quite ironic that a huge cow like you calls me a fanboy.. unlike you when i have the time i waste it playing the games not being a 40 plus something dude getting owned by guys entering their twenties on a internet forum.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell he's talking about either, lol. Must've responded to the wrong dude?

#116 Posted by cainetao11 (36561 posts) -

Just like that, power will matter again lol

#117 Edited by SecretPolice (35280 posts) -
@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Tessellation said:
@SecretPolice said:

Yeah, I don't know what the hell he's talking about either, lol. Must've responded to the wrong dude?

That last part... Yeah, nothing else would make sense but someone did call him on it within minutes of him posting noting calling me a cow is lol? He didn't respond to that member so I dunno.

So now it's official, SP is now leader of all that is Bovine and the cows must now parrot everything I say in SW. lmao. :P

#118 Posted by Sagemode87 (1395 posts) -

@cainetao11: To be honest, I could care less if PS5 is more powerful than Scarlett. Sonys track record with exclusives is why I'll be getting PS5. Power difference will be minimal either way.

#119 Edited by scatteh316 (10210 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

meh. If it is it probably won't be by much like PS4 vs Xbox One. It would need to be significantly more powerful to make a difference since it seems they're both using the custom SSD.

Are you joking? PS4 has 40% more GPU power then Xbone and it shows massively in the exclusives.

#120 Posted by tdkmillsy (3108 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

meh. If it is it probably won't be by much like PS4 vs Xbox One. It would need to be significantly more powerful to make a difference since it seems they're both using the custom SSD.

Are you joking? PS4 has 40% more GPU power then Xbone and it shows massively in the exclusives.

so the PS5 will be 40% more powerful than Scarlett? What will give time or price if that was the case?

#121 Posted by Zero_epyon (13274 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I don't think the differences were that massive except in extreme cases. Most of the time if a game was 1080p on PS4 the Xbox One was at 900p or sometimes matched it. You also have to consider that Sony and MS are talking about the exact same capabilities for their next gen systems. If Sony is going to edge them out, it'll probably be by bumping up some of the cpu/gpu clocks. They're not going to spend extra money on extra powerful hardware and risk being more expensive than Xbox.

#122 Posted by cainetao11 (36561 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@cainetao11: To be honest, I could care less if PS5 is more powerful than Scarlett. Sonys track record with exclusives is why I'll be getting PS5. Power difference will be minimal either way.

I agree. I own Xbox and PS every gen because I want to, that's the only reason I need in life.

#123 Posted by Tessellation (9021 posts) -

@fedor: my bad , i just realized that i quoted the wrong person.

#124 Posted by Tessellation (9021 posts) -
@tormentos said:
@Tessellation said:

Oh boy.. If i see it once i see it 1000 times..Is 2013 all over again..

Wait power doesn't matter? So maybe i imagine those lemmings hypping the XBO X since 2016 after 4 years of 720p been great and power not mattering.

Damn old fart basement dweller you still that obsessed over me? i even got the email from gamespot that some dweller is @ at me... i dont even use this board yet we have cows remembering me after the hurt i caused you.

No my spambot friend i was just using a blind fanboy who doubted rumors in 2013 to make a point.

Hahahahaa...

We miss you on this account,so stop using the other one..lol

#125 Edited by ronvalencia (27884 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

NOw your changing the subject no console has done hardware based RT,the wire comparison is vs the RTX so is clear they ment hardware based not software based.

So the article is correct CryEngine solution is not hardware based is software based.

Matt from Resetera confirmed both the PS5 and Scarlet had Hardware based RT.

The only one wrong here was you,because you assumed sony didn't have HB RT.

Matt (mattwilsoncss) is not Sony. At this time, Sony hasn't officially stated "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing.

mattwilsoncss is NOT authoritative source.

Both MS and Sony has baseline RX 5700's RDNA IP, hence both paths could separate when spending the available transistor budget on "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing or general purpose shader resource with DSP like modifications.

Issues with ResetERAhttps://encyclopediadramatica.rs/ResetERA and mattwilsoncss

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

From Wired

The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing, a technique that models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments. While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia's recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it

Wired's "While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors" shows the journalist being a newbie and doesn't know real history.

Corrected version, "ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects which are being rendered on high-end processors in server farms for many years".

The facts, software like Renderman uses a raster and ray-tracing hybrid on on high-end processors in server farms for many years.

The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing

Not enough for "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing confirmation since all fat DX12 GPU supports ray-tracing e.g. Crytek's recent demo.

http://cdn.imgtec.com/sdk-presentations/gdc2014_introductionToPowerVRRayTracing.pdf

PowerVR's ray-tracing tech is based on BVH search engine accelerator similar to NVIDIA's RT cores in year 2014 GDC

Loading Video...

Dated: Year 2014

Wired journalist is wrong with history.

@tormentos said:

• GPU is still hardware.
  • All fat DX12 GPU supports ray-tracing e.g. Crytek's recent demo.

Polaris RX-480 already has ray-cast building blocks DSP instructions to support True Audio Next and it's shared with graphics shader resource.

What's needed is "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing confirmation from Sony

If you don't need GI you can do ray tracing in real time on a regular GPU (this is from 2013): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hdl8p8Xbyo

Loading Video...

#126 Edited by ronvalencia (27884 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@saltslasher:

800 ps5..lol

XBO was tainted with Kinect's cost structure which is removed on X1X.

#127 Posted by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

It was a mistake Secret he mean to quote me..Hahahhaaa

I guess he was so blinded by his anger and didn't saw who he was really quoting..Hahahahaa

@saltslasher said:

@tormentos: Do you even think before talking? The Xbox was $500 cause it came with the freaking Kinect. What you mean is they are both $400 and PS4 stronger.

What are we talking, 900 vs 1080, I don't know why there is such a small gap, but with X it is insanely more powerful than Pro and $100 more, doing real 4K over 1440 upscaled which is massive difference than 900 vs 1080. I'd make a small vegas bet that Scarlett comes in at $500, I don't believe Sony could produce a drastically stronger console for anything less than $600, short of taking a loss per unit, and they only ones dumb enough to sell a $600 unit with the works. Either way I doubt we're talking 4K vs 8K, we're liking talking the battle of 60fps vs 120 fps and load times, yet who's gonna complain about 4K/60 or 1 second load over 5 second, it made sense to complain about 900p when you have a 1080 screen, just like it makes sense to complain about 1440p on your 4K.

I love X's power over PS4, and big reason I bought it, but I'm moving the goalpost where PS4 can't touch Xbox, 30ish games shown at E3 that will be Game Pass day and date. I will never buy a game on PS4/PS5 if its on Game Pass.

Kinect wasn't freaking $150 damn dollars on the xbox one BOM.

That shit probably was $75,hell even taking Kinect away MS dropped the price by $100 making the xbox one the same price,but still 45% weaker.

The PS4 has games were it command a 720p vs 1080p league since launch,call of duty was one of them, which make is as big as gap as the xbox one X in time,not all games were 900p vs 1080p,just like the gap is different from game to game on xbox one X as well.

And No the xbox one X gap is not massive is the same ass 45% gap the PS4 had over the xbox one,the only difference it cost you $100 more while the gap in favor of the PS4 was actually $100 cheaper,and that that you lemmings some how see it,while on PS4 you refuse to see it,just like you did now trying to imply the gap was just 900p vs 1080p.

@tdkmillsy said:

so the PS5 will be 40% more powerful than Scarlett? What will give time or price if that was the case?

Who knows but i don't remember many of you complaining about the extra $100 on xbox one side 1 year latter,so $100 more on the same year should not bother you right?

#128 Edited by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@Tessellation said:

Oh this is funny certainly we know how you magicall banish after the hours and hours you spended comating rumors about the xbox one been weak,and how you even falsy claimed the xbox one spec would change and that kotaku had the real ones.

Lets not forget why you jumped accounts into an alt in the first place because you were totally ridicule here.

Is nice to see you haven't change.lol

@ronvalencia said:

Matt (mattwilsoncss) is not Sony. At this time, Sony hasn't officially stated "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing.

Both MS and Sony has baseline RX 5700's RDNA IP, hence both paths could separate when spending the available transistor budget on "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing or general purpose shader resource with DSP like modifications.

You need to STOP.

Every fu**ing time is the same shit you get owned and you start spining and bringing irrelevant crap.

1-Matt is 1 million times more accurate than you,so yeah i take his word over you,he knows what he is saying and in resetera if you lie about having inside information your account get terminated he is a moderator by the way.

You on the other hand don't have a single proof that sony doesn't have HB RT other than sony not saying it clearly,which is not a confirmation in anyway.

2-Hardware based like the RTX line of GPU has never been in CONSOLES period so the article is correct what,crytek ray tracing is not hardware based and is not like the RTX GPU line.

You should stop i posted information here confirming HB RT you are now grasping and matt is 1 million times more credible than you are or will ever be.

Is sad to see you trying to hold to HB RT like a desperate lunatic,because rumors point at the PS been stronger again than Scarlet,you simply can't take it,and need to find something to hang over sony's head, you of all persons in this place is who get mentally affected the most by this,because you can't stop defending the xbox while at the same time tryiung to argue you are a hermit.

There isn't a single lemming in this place who has defend the xbox hardware more than you in this place..lol

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:

@saltslasher:

800 ps5..lol

XBO was tainted with Kinect's cost structure which is removed on X1X.

The Xbox One costs Microsoft $471 to build, according to a hardware teardown and analysis by research firm IHS. IHS also cracked open the PlayStation 4 to find that Sony spends $381 building its latest home console. The bill of materials for the Xbox One amounts to $457, with the assembly and manufacturing of the system estimated at $14.

IHS says that the Xbox One's Kinect camera adds $75 to the total cost of the Xbox One, including assembly, $11 more expensive than the original Kinect's bill of materials and manufacturing costs.

https://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/teardown-suggests-xbox-one-manufacturing-cost-of-471/

This is for all of those who use kinect as the reason for the xbox one higher cost vs the PS4 to claim if kinect wasn't there it would have been cheaper.

Kinect was $75 dollars of the xbox one budget,the xbox one cost $471 dollars to build which mean that even taking Kinect out the xbox one would have still cost MS $396 to build basically it would have need to be sell for $400 or else MS would have loss money,and it still would have been weaker.

Sony locked in a soc 45% stronger and 8GB of GDDR5 and still manage to manufacture a cheaper console than the xbox one.

https://www.engadget.com/2013/11/19/ps4-costs-381-to-make-according-to-hardware-teardown/

Build cost of the PS4 was $381 dollars actually cheaper than the xbox one even without kinect.

Time to hide on another excuse.

#129 Posted by tdkmillsy (3108 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@SecretPolice said:

It was a mistake Secret he mean to quote me..Hahahhaaa

I guess he was so blinded by his anger and didn't saw who he was really quoting..Hahahahaa

@saltslasher said:

Kinect wasn't freaking $150 damn dollars on the xbox one BOM.

That shit probably was $75,hell even taking Kinect away MS dropped the price by $100 making the xbox one the same price,but still 45% weaker.

The PS4 has games were it command a 720p vs 1080p league since launch,call of duty was one of them, which make is as big as gap as the xbox one X in time,not all games were 900p vs 1080p,just like the gap is different from game to game on xbox one X as well.

And No the xbox one X gap is not massive is the same ass 45% gap the PS4 had over the xbox one,the only difference it cost you $100 more while the gap in favor of the PS4 was actually $100 cheaper,and that that you lemmings some how see it,while on PS4 you refuse to see it,just like you did now trying to imply the gap was just 900p vs 1080p.

@tdkmillsy said:

Who knows but i don't remember many of you complaining about the extra $100 on xbox one side 1 year latter,so $100 more on the same year should not bother you right?

I'm not pretending to be rich but $100 is nothing to me when buying a product.

Your like a child shouting a point to try and make it heard.

The Xbox One has been cheaper than the PS4 for years. The resolution has been 900p v 1080p (give or take) at worst for the majority of games for years.

We know why it cost more in 1st year, we no Microsoft messed up. Was I happy buying Kinect to have it removed and not developed. No but I moved on and got the X, is about time you moved on 6 years later.

#130 Posted by Kadin_Kai (445 posts) -

I highly doubt the specs are even fixed at this point.

#131 Edited by ronvalencia (27884 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

You need to STOP.

Every fu**ing time is the same shit you get owned and you start spining and bringing irrelevant crap.

1-Matt is 1 million times more accurate than you,so yeah i take his word over you,he knows what he is saying and in resetera if you lie about having inside information your account get terminated he is a moderator by the way.

You on the other hand don't have a single proof that sony doesn't have HB RT other than sony not saying it clearly,which is not a confirmation in anyway.

2-Hardware based like the RTX line of GPU has never been in CONSOLES period so the article is correct what,crytek ray tracing is not hardware based and is not like the RTX GPU line.

You should stop i posted information here confirming HB RT you are now grasping and matt is 1 million times more credible than you are or will ever be.

Is sad to see you trying to hold to HB RT like a desperate lunatic,because rumors point at the PS been stronger again than Scarlet,you simply can't take it,and need to find something to hang over sony's head, you of all persons in this place is who get mentally affected the most by this,because you can't stop defending the xbox while at the same time tryiung to argue you are a hermit.

There isn't a single lemming in this place who has defend the xbox hardware more than you in this place..lol

1. Matt is a moderator for Resetera LOL.

Facts at this time, only Microsoft has officially confirmed hardware accelerated ray-tracing and Sony needs to officially declare hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

I haven't argued PS4 doesn't have hardware accelerated ray-tracing. You can't read.

2. Wired's article made no statement on hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

Wired's "support ray-tracing" is means little since current non-RTX fat DX12 GPUs already supports real time ray-tracing faster than the host CPU.

Wired journalist has very little credibility due to the fuk-ups with Hollywood's many years current ray-tracing methods with high end processors in server farms. Wired journalist didn't ask the proper questions.

You need to STOP.

The Xbox One costs Microsoft $471 to build, according to a hardware teardown and analysis by research firm IHS. IHS also cracked open the PlayStation 4 to find that Sony spends $381 building its latest home console. The bill of materials for the Xbox One amounts to $457, with the assembly and manufacturing of the system estimated at $14.

IHS says that the Xbox One's Kinect camera adds $75 to the total cost of the Xbox One, including assembly, $11 more expensive than the original Kinect's bill of materials and manufacturing costs.

https://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/teardown-suggests-xbox-one-manufacturing-cost-of-471/

This is for all of those who use kinect as the reason for the xbox one higher cost vs the PS4 to claim if kinect wasn't there it would have been cheaper.

Kinect was $75 dollars of the xbox one budget,the xbox one cost $471 dollars to build which mean that even taking Kinect out the xbox one would have still cost MS $396 to build basically it would have need to be sell for $400 or else MS would have loss money,and it still would have been weaker.

Sony locked in a soc 45% stronger and 8GB of GDDR5 and still manage to manufacture a cheaper console than the xbox one.

https://www.engadget.com/2013/11/19/ps4-costs-381-to-make-according-to-hardware-teardown/

Build cost of the PS4 was $381 dollars actually cheaper than the xbox one even without kinect.

XBO's smaller GPU is due to Kinect's supporting functions e.g.

• 3 extra DSPs and it's 8 MB eSRAM. TrueAudio already 3 DSPs. Kinect doesn't work without support silicon IP in the APU chip.
  • 32 MB eSRAM to mitigate cheaper/slower DDR3 memory chips which reduced silicon area size for GPU.Cheaper DDR3 memory selection is an attempt to target $499 retail price tag which has cascading impact on the GPU size.

MS paid for 363 mm2 size chip and Sony paid for 348 mm2 chip.

Kinect's cost structure has cascading impact on the overall XBO game console design. Kinect is more than the camera hardware device.

Without Kinect's cost structure for $499 price target, MS able to allocate APU silicon budget's towards heavy GPU bias and pay for 384 bit bus PCB and 12 GDD5 chips for X1X.

Without Kinect and related supporting silicon IP, XBO's $457 BOM could have paid for larger GPU imprint and wider PCB memory bus when compared to PS4.

Try again

#132 Edited by Tessellation (9021 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Oh this is funny certainly we know how you magicall banish after the hours and hours you spended comating rumors about the xbox one been weak,and how you even falsy claimed the xbox one spec would change and that kotaku had the real ones.

Lets not forget why you jumped accounts into an alt in the first place because you were totally ridicule here.

Is nice to see you haven't change.lol

Lol poor old man.. haven't they change your diapers yet at the nursing home? I destroyed you in every thread making your look more pathetic than your really are ( And you reported every of my comments to moderators,lol pussy ).. i don't post here anymore because unlike you i have a life , And since they changed the board layout it became boring,cant be here 24/7 defending a corporation and a piece of plastic... Your obsession over me is amazing to even acuse me of having alt accounts. KEEP ON BEING A LOSER WITH NOT ATTENTION AT HOME.

#133 Posted by phbz (4443 posts) -

I think it's 50/50, either one can bring the top console. I see less incentive on Sony's side since they don't need it as much as MS. As for the rumours I'm assuming it's based on Dev kits and those are not indicative as they might not be final.

#134 Posted by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@Tessellation:

If by destroying me you mean totally embarrassing your self,and making your self look like an ass clown for claiming Durango specs would change yes you did..

Oh I still remember your cries about superdae new specs,turn out he was an even bigger fanboy that you..😂

#135 Posted by EG101 (2000 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@saltslasher:

800 ps5..lol

You forgot MS decided to split the budget for the XB1 with Kinect which cost as much as the APU to manufacture.

#136 Edited by ronvalencia (27884 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation:

If by destroying me you mean totally embarrassing your self,and making your self look like an ass clown for claiming Durango specs would change yes you did..

Oh I still remember your cries about superdae new specs,turn out he was an even bigger fanboy that you..😂

Facts, Microsoft's Surface team has beaten AMD's own RX-580 with 6 TFLOPS at ~185 watts with lower power consumption Scorpio GPU with 6 TFLOPS via auto-under-clock VRM and wider 44 CU design.

For PS4 Pro, Sony brain dead copied AMD's VRM design hence it's inferior to AMD's RX-480. Many end users for RX-480 was under-volting (custom power curve) to lower power consumption.

#137 Posted by Tessellation (9021 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation:

Lol poor old far it hurts you the several times i owned your sorry butt.. i have no needs to create alt account which you accuse of without a piece of evidence.. and you know whats that call obsession and mental illness.. i feel sorry for you.. your wife and kids dont give the attention you seek and thats why you are here attempting at trolling.. Bye loser!

#138 Posted by Raining51 (1046 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

You need to STOP.

Facts at this time, only Microsoft has officially confirmed hardware accelerated ray-tracing and Sony needs to officially declare hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

I haven't argued PS4 doesn't have hardware accelerated ray-tracing. You can't read.

Wired's "support ray-tracing" is means little since current non-RTX fat DX12 GPUs already supports real time ray-tracing faster than the host CPU.

Wired journalist has very little credibility due to the fuk-ups with Hollywood's many years current ray-tracing methods with high end processors in server farms. Wired journalist didn't ask the proper questions.

You need to STOP.

• 3 extra DSPs and it's 8 MB eSRAM. TrueAudio already 3 DSPs. Kinect doesn't work without support silicon IP in the APU chip.
  • 32 MB eSRAM to mitigate cheaper/slower DDR3 memory chips which reduced silicon area size for GPU.Cheaper DDR3 memory selection is an attempt to target $499 retail price tag which has cascading impact on the GPU size.

Kinect's cost structure has cascading impact on the overall XBO game console design. Kinect is more than the camera hardware device.

Without Kinect's cost structure for $499 price target, MS able to allocate APU silicon budget's towards heavy GPU bias and pay for 384 bit bus PCB and 12 GDD5 chips for X1X.

Without Kinect and related supporting silicon IP, XBO's $457 BOM could have paid for larger GPU imprint and wider PCB memory bus when compared to PS4.

Try again

#139 Posted by BlueArchan (109 posts) -

Its simple... you cant compete the Japanese. They always think outside the BOX.

#140 Edited by ronvalencia (27884 posts) -

@bluearchan said:

Its simple... you cant compete the Japanese. They always think outside the BOX.

Japanese gaming silicon IP was defeated by Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, IBM and Qualcomm.

MIPS Inc, Sony and Toshiba design IP for PS2 was replaced by IBM's IP for CELL and NVIDIA's IP on PS3.

Nintendo 64 was designed by Silicon Graphics Inc and MIPS Inc. The team in SGI who designed N64 form a company called Art X which is assimilated by ATI. Nintendo followed Art X's ATI and IBM PowerPC with Game Cube.

Due to NVIDIA's asking price for their IP, MS switched to ATI. IBM provided PowerPC CPU since Intel was busy with premium Core 2 Duo. This is for Xbox 360.

Due to NVIDIA's and IBM's asking price for their IP, Sony switched to AMD. This is for PS4.

Nintendo switch from PICA200 developed by Japanese Digital Media Professionals on 3DS into NVIDIA's Tegra X1 for the Switch.

Due to IBM's asking price for their CPU IP, MS switched to AMD for CPU and GPU IP stack. This is for Xbox One.

AMD has Ryzen based K12 ARMv8 64bit and Ryzen Zen 2 CPU IP blocks and GCN and RDNA GPU IP blocks.

Samsung selected AMD GPU IP blocks for generation mobile handheld devices, hence AMD recreated handheld GPU division that was sold to Qualcomm.

-------

Meanwhile, F-35 Block 4 "AI" avionics to be powered by NVIDIA's AI solutions. This is including Japanese's F-35 Block 4 units.

Toyota selected NVIDIA for automated drive AI solution.

#141 Posted by BoxRekt (1424 posts) -
@ronvalencia said:

lol ok let's go with that.

You seem to be making the assumption that if MS has hardware based ray-tracing and Sony doesn't that it's a cut and dry conclusion that the next xbox will be more powerful.

lol why do you think that?

Let's say you're right about MS only having hardware based ray-tracing, but Sony actually has the more powerful over all system in processing power? That situation could very well happen.

As you've speculated, Sony could have some type of software based ray-tracing, but that solution works, it works right?

So, it's possible you end up being right about the ray-tracing and still end up with a weaker console. Trying to conclude the over-all power of these systems simply based one aspect of tech is extremely naive.

#142 Posted by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:

@Tessellation:

Facts, Microsoft's Surface team has beaten AMD's own RX-580 with 6 TFLOPS at ~185 watts with lower power consumption Scorpio GPU with 6 TFLOPS via auto-under-clock VRM and wider 44 CU design.

For PS4 Pro, Sony brain dead copied AMD's VRM design hence it's inferior to AMD's RX-480. Many end users for RX-480 was under-volting (custom power curve) to lower power consumption.

This is pathetic man stop.

MS didn't beat anyone stop kissing MS ass buffoon,they simply pic a damn GPU with 44CU and cut down 4CU to leave 40 damn working CU vs the RX580 which has only 36CU and still the RX580 is capable of beating the xbox one X in several games with just 256GB/s bandwidth.. lol

So MS has a 40CU GPU and get beat up in several games by another AMD GPU with 4 CU less..lol

Yeah MS are the best ever..lol

The Pro has even feature of Vega which was 2 gens ahead,since the PS4 Pro came in 2016,the first RX500 GPU came in April 2017,and Vega came much after and still the PS4 Pro had those feature.

So again this is about MS been this pioneer company,they simply wait until something better was available any company can do that Rondemencia.

In fact you are so freaking out of touch with what people are arguing some times,nothing you say on this post has to do with the post you quote from me that was totally directed at Tessellation and has nothing to do with Pro or X1 X.

That invested you are in defending MS.

@tdkmillsy said:

I'm not pretending to be rich but $100 is nothing to me when buying a product.

Your like a child shouting a point to try and make it heard.

The Xbox One has been cheaper than the PS4 for years. The resolution has been 900p v 1080p (give or take) at worst for the majority of games for years.

We know why it cost more in 1st year, we no Microsoft messed up. Was I happy buying Kinect to have it removed and not developed. No but I moved on and got the X, is about time you moved on 6 years later.

Yes to me neither specially if the product is worth the extra money,sadly that wasn't the damn case in 2013 and you know it.

Yes a few dollars less because MS has beet trying hard to sell it man,at the same price they sell even less.

@ronvalencia said:

You need to STOP.

Try again

1-Yes and has more inside info that you will ever have,stop been such a 2 faced hypocrite,you read he had information,just like you read that other poster there came out and stand by his comment because they know he knows and they know the price there for inventing hardware stuff,even on the same link you posted they talked about some one making false claims and was banned.

And every time you come out and claim sony need to say if the have HB RT and and bring Scarlet HB RT you are basically imply that sony doesn't have it.

Period you are putting a doubt.

NO you need to stop parrot.

AMD Biggest SOC on 2013 and for some years was the PS4 one,which mean at best MS would have been able to get one as strong but not stronger,and since they didn't aim for GDDR5 it would have been an even bigger mess.

Unless MS chose a dedicated GPU and CPU will would have been more expensive and would have cause them more problems going forward.

Even without Kinect the xbox one BOM was higher than the PS4 one while been 50% weaker period those are the facts that is the machine the mighty and powerful MS which you kiss ass so much built.

MS are not this marble engineers you want to portrait and xbox consoles are a testament to that the damn console with the most horrible fail rate ever on the console market can be atribute to MS and its engineers and so can the xbox one and big ass ugly machine that cost more than the PS4 while been weaker.

Saying without Kinect is like saying if Sony would have wait 1 more year for the Pro it would had been stronger.

#143 Posted by tormentos (29112 posts) -

@Tessellation said:

Lol poor old far it hurts you the several times i owned your sorry butt.. i have no needs to create alt account which you accuse of without a piece of evidence.. and you know whats that call obsession and mental illness.. i feel sorry for you.. your wife and kids dont give the attention you seek and thats why you are here attempting at trolling.. Bye loser!

@Tessellation said:

nothing new same old vgleak

This is for cows that got all mad over SuperDaE for saying specs of durango are old,they called him a troll and liar :lol: he owned most cows from this forum :cool:

''And finally there's the wild card - SuperDAE, arch-leaker extraordinaire, undeniably in possession of early dev kits and the crucial documentation that goes with them. From talking with him directly in order to verify his leaks, we know his information - typically posted on vgleaks.com - is entirely accurate, the only question being how old it is, and whether the hardware has improved since he received his data. He also has - somehow - hands-on access to non-final next-gen dev kits and his pictures of an older Durango dev kit having been verified by trusted sources.''

DF believes final specs won't change that much they're probably right,but why SuperDaE said he is going to provide them with new info?

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/durango-vs-orbis-explained-29351334/?page=1

Yeah you remember history much differently than i do.

So did your improved specs arrived?

Was the gap 33% like you claimed or 45% up to 100% in somes like some cows claimed?

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/kotaku-durango-info-29352000/?page=1

The day you started to banish from this forum like Thanos in avengers..

@Tessellation said:

He won't come, his lemming pride has been hurt by Kotaku. Of ALL the sites, Kotaku. :lol: Guess that's when you have to admit you've hit rock bottom. :cool:DrTrafalgarLaw

Nah is called having a life,something that you seem to lack considering you're waiting for me or checking if i post or not :cool: i don't expend 24/7 in here defending my emotionally attached console or waiting for news to bash other system :cool: basement dwelling proven once again lol.

Proof that your crap about having a life is a defense mechanisms on your part,when you feel ridicule or sad.

I guess that if you have quit riding skate board earlier you would have at least 10% of your brain functioning.

Now is time to pull your usual thanos move for another 2 or 3 years.

#144 Edited by Pedro (34638 posts) -

3 pages later and the facts remain the same. PS5 specs unknown. Scarlet specs unknown. But for some reason the die hards are still trying hard to claim one is better than the other based on "factual" rumors. LOL

EDIT: While we are on the rumors being facts stupid train. Here is some additional rumor "facts" to play with. Scarlet Next Gen RDNA and PS5 GCN and RDNA

#145 Posted by EG101 (2000 posts) -

Those rumors are false. AMD themselves have stated Scarlett tech will be more advanced than PS5 tech.

"The result is that the next PlayStation will feature custom 7 nm AMD Ryzen Zen 2 and Radeon Navi architectures, while the Xbox Scarlett will include "next generation Radeon RDNA gaming graphics architecture" as announced by Lisa Su, CEO and President of AMD. AMD has confirmed that next-generation RDNA will be based on a 7 nm+ FinFET process, which will support hardware-based real-time ray-tracing and next-gen RDNA. By contrast, the 7 nm Navi architecture will only be capable of shader-based ray tracing and current gen RDNA."

Scarlett more advanced than PS5

#146 Posted by Pedro (34638 posts) -

@EG101 said:

Those rumors are false. AMD themselves have stated Scarlett tech will be more advanced than PS5 tech.

"The result is that the next PlayStation will feature custom 7 nm AMD Ryzen Zen 2 and Radeon Navi architectures, while the Xbox Scarlett will include "next generation Radeon RDNA gaming graphics architecture" as announced by Lisa Su, CEO and President of AMD. AMD has confirmed that next-generation RDNA will be based on a 7 nm+ FinFET process, which will support hardware-based real-time ray-tracing and next-gen RDNA. By contrast, the 7 nm Navi architecture will only be capable of shader-based ray tracing and current gen RDNA."

I know rumors and speculations are fun but if the PS5 is stated to have ray tracing they would not be talking about non realtime applications such as Pro Render. PS5 and Xbox Scarlet are most likely going to use the same tech for ray tracing which is hardware accelerated.

#147 Edited by BoxRekt (1424 posts) -
@EG101 said:

As I told Ron, that may be true, but PS5 could still end up being more powerful than xbox in raw computation.

Also, that report is inaccurate because both Sony and AMD have confirmed they worked on PS5's Navi graphics together. The report only suggests that MS worked on graphics tech for xbox but not Sony. That is FALSE! Lisa Su herself confirmed Sony's involvement with development in multiple interviews.

So the information that the guy is giving is already wrong.

#148 Posted by SUD123456 (5302 posts) -

Yawn. Who cares as the real world difference is going to be minimal regardless of which one is more powerful. We are well into the realm of diminishing returns for % power increase. As long as they offer 4K and 60+ fps then one should choose based upon other criteria. I play games, not graphics.

#149 Posted by Pedro (34638 posts) -

@SUD123456 said:

Yawn. Who cares as the real world difference is going to be minimal regardless of which one is more powerful. We are well into the realm of diminishing returns for % power increase. As long as they offer 4K and 60+ fps then one should choose based upon other criteria. I play games, not graphics.

When your life revolves around having the better console it matters a lot. You wouldn't understand non fanboy. :P

#150 Edited by BoxRekt (1424 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

Just like that, power will matter again lol

When has power not mattered at the start of a new generation?

I'll wait...