ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 103 Posts

Sony may still have Horizon forbidden west this year toad then Kenna bridge of spirts I think is time exclusive and is out in august.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Imagine being this insecure.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 19146 Posts

I guess for me it's about calling it for what it is....

The most powerful new platforms have the least value hand over fist.

Ps4 has the horizon game and the new God of War coming... Plus a bazillion great games already established in their lineup.

Ps5 people are bragging on a ps4 game like ff7 getting "10" from GameSpot like it means something to the ps5. These are sad sad tactics.

Say it like it is... Ps5 and XX are not overly compelling right now. There's a two year span of time every gen where games on the new machines are less than inspiring (not always, but frequently it seems)

People gassing up these new consoles that have weak libraries atm? Why?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 39348 Posts

Man, the MS presentation isn't until Sunday, and Protoss isn't here to help lighten the burden for the rest of you, leave something in the tank guys, pace yourselves.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16886 Posts

@zeldabotw2 said:

Sony may still have Horizon forbidden west this year toad then Kenna bridge of spirts I think is time exclusive and is out in august.

No Protoss, Kena is also coming to PC 😄

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#56 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Ps4 has the horizon game and the new God of War coming... Plus a bazillion great games already established in their lineup.

Ps5 people are bragging on a ps4 game like ff7 getting "10" from GameSpot like it means something to the ps5. These are sad sad tactics.

Say it like it is... Ps5 and XX are not overly compelling right now. There's a two year span of time every gen where games on the new machines are less than inspiring (not always, but frequently it seems)

Like I have state before the start of this gen, these new consoles are just "midgen" consoles. They are an organic upgrade from the previous generation. Folks have been in denial and some still are in denial of this reality. The concept of generational leaps are dead. Even Digital Foundry is still trying to push this dead narrative. The newer consoles offer what a new CPU and new GPU offers to PC gamers. Better performance. Any game that is not on the PS4 is simply a matter of business than hardware limitations.

Just to give some perspective. The Series X|S CPU is 4 times faster in a perfect scenario than the One and One X. The GPU, is 2-9 times faster in a perfect scenario to the One X and One. Memory increase is 50-100%. What that equates to is a solid upgrade. Keyword being upgrade.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ZELDABOTW2

@lebanese_boy said:
@zeldabotw2 said:

No Protoss, Kena is also coming to PC 😄

I should have said Kena is ps4,ps5 and pc but not xbox then that is what I meant and I dont know how many times you are going to call me someone else lol

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16886 Posts

@zeldabotw2 said:

[...] I dont know how many times you are going to call me someone else lol

I'm really not 😄

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ZELDABOTW2
@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

Like I have state before the start of this gen, these new consoles are just "midgen" consoles. They are an organic upgrade from the previous generation. Folks have been in denial and some still are in denial of this reality. The concept of generational leaps are dead. Even Digital Foundry is still trying to push this dead narrative. The newer consoles offer what a new CPU and new GPU offers to PC gamers. Better performance. Any game that is not on the PS4 is simply a matter of business than hardware limitations.

Just to give some perspective. The Series X|S CPU is 4 times faster in a perfect scenario than the One and One X. The GPU, is 2-9 times faster in a perfect scenario to the One X and One. Memory increase is 50-100%. What that equates to is a solid upgrade. Keyword being upgrade.

Most people where still on regular ps4 and xbox one not pro or the one x though and going from 1080p to 4k and ray tracing faster load times and games running better is a pretty big step up. Ratchet and clank and Horizon forbidden west clearly look better then anything we saw last gen. Of course if you go from 3-4 year old system in pro or one x you are going to have a smaller update then if you fo from ps4 and xbox one and it being 7 years old at the time of the XSX and Ps5 release.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 19146 Posts

@zeldabotw2 said:
@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

Most people where still on regular ps4 and xbox one not pro or the one x though and going from 1080p to 4k and ray tracing faster load times and games running better is a pretty big step up. Ratchet and clank and Horizon forbidden west clearly look better then anything we saw last gen. Of course if you go from 3-4 year old system in pro or one x you are going to have a smaller update then if you fo from ps4 and xbox one and it being 7 years old at the time of the XSX and Ps5 release.

Everyone exists on a different spectrum of performance and graphical fidelity in their gaming... Neither of you are "wrong" per say, in fact you're very right in key points.

A generation of gaming is only as good as its ideas as they apply to available technology. This gen and these consoles will feel like an "upgrade" if a few years from now we are still playing games with ideas that stretch back multiple generations... If the new consoles are only about performance then yes, even with a new 4k TV and a kick ass sound system, it's still only an upgrade.

Were developers to utilize the specific processing power and feature set to take gaming in new directions and challenge the status quo, then yeah we could have real generational leaps again...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20843 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

The bovine brigade is really losing it these dayzz. Good stuff. lol :P

They really are... I've never seen them this batsh*t crazy. It's a good sign :)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 31926 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I've played Returnal and it's that good. One of my all time favorites. Looking forward to R&C! It's like me saying, why are the people who aren't playing this game claiming they're nothing?

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ZELDABOTW2

@TheEroica said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

Everyone exists on a different spectrum of performance and graphical fidelity in their gaming... Neither of you are "wrong" per say, in fact you're very right in key points.

A generation of gaming is only as good as its ideas as they apply to available technology. This gen and these consoles will feel like an "upgrade" if a few years from now we are still playing games with ideas that stretch back multiple generations... If the new consoles are only about performance then yes, even with a new 4k TV and a kick ass sound system, it's still only an upgrade.

Were developers to utilize the specific processing power and feature set to take gaming in new directions and challenge the status quo, then yeah we could have real generational leaps again...

I guess its just when I think of new systems I think of graphics not so much that things are going to do things not done before. A good game is a good game and a game dont have to do like new things that have never been done before to be good.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 1188 Posts

Quote me on it, xbox is the atari jaguar of this gen.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 1342 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: You missed FF7 PS5 10/10 (Not sure if timed exclusive)

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 142 Posts

@robbie23 said:

Timed exclusives shouldn't take over a year to port, it's already been exclusive way too long to call it timed. Should be called Extra timed now.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 31926 Posts

@zerothehero said:
@robbie23 said:

Timed exclusives shouldn't take over a year to port, it's already been exclusive way too long to call it timed. Should be called Extra timed now.

Lol. Maybe we should include it. Yuffie DLC is exclusive to PS5.