Evolved developers announced Left 4 dead 3..

#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9585 posts) -

..I mean Back 4 blood. a spritual successor

Source

Back 4 Blood is our own brand new, original IP,” the studio said. “You’ll be able to shoot up a lot of zombies like in Left 4 Dead, but there’s a whole lot of new stuff in Back 4 Blood which makes it unique.”

meanwhile valve is sitting doing nothing

#2 Posted by ProtossRushX (5240 posts) -

Valve can count to 3

Left For Dead 3

Half-Life 3

Portal 3

right?

#3 Posted by Litchie (23695 posts) -

Sweet. Evolve sucked. Hope they can redeem themselves.

#4 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9585 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Sweet. Evolve sucked. Hope they can redeem themselves.

It will also feature SP campaign unlike left 4 dead. so yes i am interested here. not just coop game.

#5 Edited by KungfuKitten (26411 posts) -

Evolve partly failed because of its design constrictions, but don't forget it was also considered to be the industry's flagship title for microtransactions... I'm not getting my hopes up until we know what their MTX model will be like.

#6 Edited by Litchie (23695 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: Oh, yeah. Didn't think about microtransactions. Wonder if they'll **** up this game too. I'm a lot less excited for this game now.

#7 Posted by jeezers (2620 posts) -

At least they are trying unlike valve

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30699 posts) -

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are classics.

These games have awesome settings and characters, I just hope that Turtle Rock can once again capture the magic.

@Litchie said:

@KungfuKitten: Oh, yeah. Didn't think about microtransactions. Wonder if they'll **** up this game too. I'm a lot less excited for this game now.

"Will this game have microtransactions?

• Right now, we’re focusing on making the best, most fun and exciting game we can. We’ll figure out the post-launch stuff later, but if we do have paid post-launch content, like microtransactions, we want to do something that the community feels good about."

Maybe they learned from the MT woes of Evolve.

The game was a lot more popular when it went F2P on PC anyway.

#9 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9585 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are classics.

These games have awesome settings and characters, I just hope that Turtle Rock can once again capture the magic.

and this time it will have proper SP story campaign so it might surpassed left 4 dead.

#10 Posted by Litchie (23695 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

• Right now, we’re focusing on making the best, most fun and exciting game we can. We’ll figure out the post-launch stuff later, but if we do have paid post-launch content, like microtransactions, we want to do something that the community feels good about."

That sounds like "Yes, we'll probably have MTs, but they wont be as god awful as in Evolve".

Doesn't sound good. "No, we'll just focus on making an awesome game and try to get sales for being awesome instead of nickel and diming people with MTs" would've been nice to hear, especially after what they pulled last time.

I'm gonna be very cautious of this game.

#11 Edited by AcidTango (1655 posts) -

I hope they do a better job with this game then they did with Evolve.

#12 Edited by KungfuKitten (26411 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

That sounds like "Yes, we'll probably have MTs, but they wont be as god awful as in Evolve".

Doesn't sound good. "No, we'll just focus on making an awesome game and try to get sales for being awesome instead of nickel and diming people with MTs" would've been nice to hear, especially after what they pulled last time.

I'm gonna be very cautious of this game.

Sorry to kill your enthusiasm. XD Maybe they did learn something. That would be amazing. Surprise us, Turtle Rock.

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30699 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

and this time it will have proper SP story campaign so it might surpassed left 4 dead.

It needs to be exactly like L4D to succeed.

#14 Edited by watercrack445 (1439 posts) -

Is dis going to be like Overkill the walking dead or world war z? Overkill sucked really bad and it failed. World war z is same thing with four co-op players fighting together.

#15 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9585 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

It needs to be exactly like L4D to succeed.

yes. but with the inclusion of SP campaign too. without SP. it would be 20 bucks coop game that wont worth full price.

#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (32750 posts) -

It's a wait and see. Left4dead 1/2 was also made by Valve, just as Portal 1/2 were, people like to pretend Valve did nothing but just look at the dip in quality when Kim Swift parted ways.

#17 Edited by Litchie (23695 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

It's a wait and see. Left4dead 1/2 was also made by Valve, just as Portal 1/2 were, people like to pretend Valve did nothing but just look at the dip in quality when Kim Swift parted ways.

Very true. Turtle Rock have yet to prove they're capable of making a good game themselves.

#18 Posted by evilross (1975 posts) -

Meh, Vermintide 2 is a better game, and doesn’t charge for content.

#19 Posted by Speeny (1505 posts) -

Geez, about time. :(

#20 Posted by R10nu (1501 posts) -

You’ll be able to shoot up a lot of zombies like in Left 4 Dead, but there’s a whole lot of new stuff in Back 4 Blood which makes it unique.

There better be.

If it's L4D2 with new maps and a face-lift i won't even look its way.

#21 Edited by lundy86_4 (52639 posts) -

I'm just gonna go on the record and say it's gonna be shite. I hope i'm wrong, because a L4D3 would be just Godly.

#22 Posted by I_P_Daily (11398 posts) -

Love L4D 1 & 2 were awesome games, and absolutely felt like an accomplishment when you completed them legitimately on the hardest difficulty where the games really shined.

Hopefully TR can get somewhere near these games in terms of quality with its new game, will keep an eye on its development.

#23 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43765 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

..I mean Back 4 blood. a spritual successor

Source

Back 4 Blood is our own brand new, original IP,” the studio said. “You’ll be able to shoot up a lot of zombies like in Left 4 Dead, but there’s a whole lot of new stuff in Back 4 Blood which makes it unique.”

meanwhile valve is sitting doing nothing

Yeah, Valve sure is doing nothing...

...offering low-latency DoS-proof networking...

...developing their own streaming/cloud gaming service (Steam Link Anywhere)...

...still such a titan of the industry that competitors stoop to such a low level they use exclusivity bait (Epic Store)...

Look, I want Valve to make more games as much as anyone, but to say they are doing nothing for gamers is ridiculous. They are still doing a lot in the software and hardware realm, just not game development specifically. I'd rather have an awesome company like Valve developing the infrastructure for future games and hardware to be based on than say, EA or Ubisoft or Activision. If that means Valve doesn't make another game, so be it.

#24 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

No.