everyone in SW needs to read this.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by VanDammFan (4715 posts) -

https://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/ewok_king_blog/archive/2012/01/24/what-defines-a-true-gamer.aspx

we need to get SW shut down. real gamers UNITE.Quit trying to divide us GS

#2 Posted by jake44 (2085 posts) -

Was an ok read I guess. It said absolutely nothing new or original though.

#3 Posted by V3rciS (2236 posts) -

dude SW is fun... now go away!

#4 Posted by beerm_basic (2488 posts) -

Wats the jist of wat it said ? For the lazy people

#5 Edited by jake44 (2085 posts) -

@beerm_basic said:

Don't judge others for what they play or play on. Gaming is a way of life so embrace it.

#6 Posted by beerm_basic (2488 posts) -

If we followed that demographic SW would be boring :/

#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

He's right, we're all gamers... except for those CoD and Madden people. lol

#8 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

you don't change SW. SW goes where the wind blows yo

#9 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

His first system was gameboy color? Man i'm getting old

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#10 Edited by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

If you dun like it then there's the door.... oh wait not that one.. Yeah THAT ONE!!

#11 Posted by V3rciS (2236 posts) -

@mrintro said:

His first system was gameboy color? Man i'm getting old

hahaha yea... that feeling

#12 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

"Gaming is in your soul"

"gaming is inside of you,it's deep in our souls"

"if you take gaming away from me a part of my soul will just die,a part of my world will explode."

What a load of cringe inducing bilge.

#13 Edited by V3rciS (2236 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

"Gaming is in your soul"

"if you take gaming away from me a part of my soul will just die,a part of my world will explode."

He is just a sensitive "true gamer"

#14 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

I think quit the opposite. We need more hatred and possibly physical violance between us.

#15 Posted by TheEroica (17209 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

"Gaming is in your soul"

So true Jim... Get this, the idea that I can sit across a table from someone and discuss our different preferences about this hobby from front to back has always made it better to me...

The crazies in the hobby though... yeah they need to spend some time in the sun.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#16 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12566 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I think quit the opposite. We need more hatred and possibly physical violance between us.

Especially casual gamers who play COD and angry birds. We must fight them and hate them.

#17 Edited by McStrongfast (4699 posts) -

Anyone who uses the phrase "true gamer" will not be given the time of day by me.

@jake44 said:

@beerm_basic said:

Don't judge others for what they play or play on. Gaming is a way of life so embrace it.

Oh god. Now I've forcibly ingested more rubbish by this accurately predicted insufferable irk of a person through osmosis. I need to get out of here.

#18 Posted by Shewgenja (18848 posts) -

The Xbone is an atrocity to real gamers. None of these companies are owed our money. They need to work for it. If people want to be cheeleaders for something I think is wrong and counterproductive as a long time gamer, then I will voice my disdain for it.

All this wishy washy limp-wristed metrosexual "love all platforms" bullshit is just a thinly veiled from of elitism for people who have more money than sense. They are the cheering throng at a Hitler rally. They are the people that stood quiet while the US invaded Iraq. They are the people that don't really care because they are inside a cozy bubble, free to pass judgement without really being affected.

THIS is not the way of a real gamer. A real gamer actually cares about gaming and how things will be in the future. Giving a free pass to every machine is bull shit. I bet the guy who wrote this article hadn't even touched an Ouya or Gaikai let alone considered buying one. Just another mouthpiece for "the big three" that wants to pretend to have the answers. Screw him.

#19 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

"Gaming is in your soul"

So true Jim... Get this, the idea that I can sit across a table from someone and discuss our different preferences about this hobby from front to back has always made it better to me...

The crazies in the hobby though... yeah they need to spend some time in the sun.

Roger that. There's a nice medium between the "let's all get along" hippy balderdash in the OP and being a corporation's dong polisher.

#20 Posted by dobzilian (3365 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: I will fight you Dude, Do we need MMA gloves or we going Bare Knuckle?

@mrintro: Time to worry when you also owned a GBC......

#21 Posted by ACP_45 (2647 posts) -

@Shewgenja: Are you dying ?

Or brain dead ?

#22 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

If you dont have the balls to SW, then get the **** out!

#24 Posted by VanDammFan (4715 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

so if i dont want to argue about which platform is better to play virtually the exact same games on i have "no balls"...tells me your mental state and age right there bud..I would say if all you have to do is come to a forum and argue about videogames you have zero life,the mental state of a 2 year old..I come here to stand up for those being picked on..i stand for truth,justice, and true videogamers everywhere..SW needs to be shut down..PRONTO!!

#25 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9869 posts) -

I agree wholeheartedly, but it's not something no one here has not said before. That's just how some gamers are.

#26 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Reading is for nerds!

#27 Edited by Renegade_Fury (19599 posts) -

Post in games discussion if you want to hold hands and sing kumbaya.

#28 Posted by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

I always looked at SW like a good place to have a civilized conversation between people that had various views. But much of it has become who can be the larger troll.

#29 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@VanDammFan said:

@Rage010101 said:

so if i dont want to argue about which platform is better to play virtually the exact same games on i have "no balls"...tells me your mental state and age right there bud..I would say if all you have to do is come to a forum and argue about videogames you have zero life,the mental state of a 2 year old..I come here to stand up for those being picked on..i stand for truth,justice, and true videogamers everywhere..SW needs to be shut down..PRONTO!!

Me thinks your butthurt is taking SW way way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too serious. Truth and justice in a forum about video games called "System Wars". You're all kinds of fucked up in the head LMFAO

#30 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12335 posts) -

After a bad day we come back home tired and frustrated,and what makes you relax? Games,or sometimes TV*ahem*.

If that is a stipulation of a true gamer then I am not one -- I would rather spend time with certain individuals over a game or TV show, they're more distractions than anything.

#31 Edited by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -

This blog did not make, or even try, to make me any smarter or change my perspective. It's a history lesson about himself, nobody knows more about anything gaming related. A true blog. (Wasted my time)