Everyone hates Microsoft because Xbox One has exclusives?

• 113 results
Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Really. I read those comments and those comments are so funny.

For example:

"I don't understand how xbox fans can be happy about this, whether Tomb Raider was exclusive to Xbox One or not Xbox fans still get the same game, do you xbox fans enjoy the game more knowing that other people can't play it? does that make that graphics better? gameplay better? who does this benefit Xbox players??? Xbox One owners has serious issue. How dare they have Tomb Raider exclusive?"

Really. People are complaining that Xbox One has exclusives but when we talk about PS4 exclusive then everyone are like "Yeah. This is good thing. The more exclusive games PS4 has, the better" But when it comes on Xbox One then everyone are complaining that why its not coming on PS4 and why Xbox fans has to be so dumb asses and not share their exclusive games with PS4 owners.

PS4 owners not share their exclusives, Xbox One fans not crying.

Xbox One owners not share their exclusives, PS4 fans are crying, angry, want to kill everyone and they are confused why Xbox One owners not share their exclusives.

This is great logic!!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

So you're back on the X1 bandwagon? will you just pick one!

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@lostrib said:

Why pick one? Why not Wii U, PS4, Xbox One and PC? I love life and freedom unlike you who own only 1 system.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

Why pick one? Why not Wii U, PS4, Xbox One and PC? I love life and freedom unlike you who own only 1 system.

Ah, so you're starting off this thread being wrong...just like usual

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I couldn't give less of a shit about the game but I think peoples complaint is that instead of spending money to actually create games Microsoft just spends money to cockblock multiplats for other systems for a short period of time. Basically they're a cancer to the industry.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

Ah, so you're starting off this thread being wrong...just like usual

finally I'm not involved in a lostrib spat

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Sony did exact the same thing last year though. It was crap then and it's crap now.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Pretty much. Sony Fanboys are raging all over the internet because they forget that all of these companies just want your money; and the fanboys feel some sense of entitlement just because they own a PS4.., lol. If you want Xbox's exclusives so much, buy an Xbox. Cows are ridiculous, they are the only fanboys I see making death threats to devs, and other childish shenanigans over a game.

What I can argue is that, yes, it is disappointing to hear that a former multiplat series is an exclusive (That's exactly how I felt when Dead Rising 3 was announced as exclusive to Xbone). I don't like this business practice by neither Sony nor Microsoft. But it's not the end of the world.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

taking away a franchise that is established under more than 1 system is bad! end of story

silent hill shouldn't be exclusive either.

wonder why nobody is mad about sinset overdrive being exclusive ?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@lostrib said:

^^ Srsly.

As to your argument, people aren't pissed MS got an exclusive (which, btw no version of the word "exclusive" applies to this... unless you like "timed brand exclusive", lol), they don't like MS using its resources to keep other gamers away from a game for a time instead of actually getting something new and unique for their gamers. You don't see the same arguments for Halo, do you? Forza? Fable? Nope.

Think about it. If you own an XB1 does keeping people on PS or PC from playing for a few weeks add to your enjoyment? Does it even really help the XB1, seeing as it's coming to the 360 at the same time? Wouldn't using that money to make something new, something that won't be everywhere in a few weeks be a helluva lot better?

It goes back to a common small business axiom. Take care of the customers you have, don't lament the customers you don't. MS decided to spend money to in effect hurt other consumers instead of helping their own. Maybe they don't see a difference, and they are certainly not the only guilty party. But when you have someone spending money to effectively screw you over even for a short while, most won't respond with kindness.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lglz1337

@remiks00: quick cash grab and cash you earned are 2 different things

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

taking away a franchise that is established under more than 1 system is bad! end of story

Actually, I believe quite a few people were. I imagine insomniac did propose the game to sony, but they couldn't strike up a deal

manny280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 manny280
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

@Pray_to_me: Yet Sony has done the exact same thing on numerous occasions. In fact they've done worse, there has been multiple games that were originally PC exclusive that Sony paid to keep off the PC version til a later date. It looks like they've also PAID for Silent Hill as well, which was never exclusive to any platform similarly to Tomb Raider.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lglz1337

@lostrib: ofcourse there are some salty, but not as bad as this

i really hope this will bite them in their ass! tomb raider franchise have fans across all platforms. it started off as a pc game if i'm not mistaken.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

Actually, I believe quite a few people were. I imagine insomniac did propose the game to sony, but they couldn't strike up a deal

nah nobody gives a **** about that trash lol!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: ofcourse there are some salty, but not as bad as this

i really hope this will bite them in their ass! tomb raider franchise have fans across all platforms. it started off as a pc game if i'm not mistaken.

Well the little note from Crystal Dynamic definitely didn't help anything

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I dislike ms cause they're a cancer to the gamin industry. First they introduce paying for online play (sadly now copied by sony), then they tried to say nobody could actually own, trade or share any of the FULL PRICE games they brought, then they tried to say everyone HAD to be connected to the internet 24/7 so they could check the above, if it wasnt connected the console wouldnt let you play ANY games at all, drm this drm that, they then bundled a MANDATORY spy camera in with the console and it wouldnt work if the camera wasnt attached, i could go on but its common knowledge to all so i wont waste my time.

The only reason they went back on every single one of the above is the backlash received from gamers globally and the magazines, websites etc etc plus the fact the dam thing isnt selling very well at all so they're now desperate and dont know what to with it.

MS can **** off as far as im concerned, goodbye to bad waste.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

Late in the 360 gen… Xbox has no exclusives.

What we're going through now… Xbox has more exclusives than the PS4 but they don't look good.

How things have changed.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Look I hate Exclusivity but there are differences, The Majority of Playstation Exclusives are In house 1st party creations.

The Majority of Xbox Exlcusives are Outhouse (LOL) 3rd Party Independent Creations bought to be exclusive, because lets face it, Microsost's Subsidiary Studios Suck donkey balls.

What makes this worse is that Dead Rising and Tomb Raider are not new IPs, they are popular multiplatform franchises and Making the next entry in the Franchise exclusive is bad for everyone in the long run. Especially in Tomb Raider's case, since they just rebooted the franchise and now the sequal is exclusive ? The only way this could be worse is if the game after the next one goes multiplatform again but is still canon, the huge gaping hole in the middle is gona send this series right back into obscurity.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Look I hate Exclusivity but there are differences, The Majority of Playstation Exclusives are In house 1st party creations.

The Majority of Xbox Exlcusives are Outhouse (LOL) 3rd Party Independent Creations bought to be exclusive, because lets face it, Microsost's Subsidiary Studios Suck donkey balls.

What makes this worse is that Dead Rising and Tomb Raider are not new IPs, they are popular multiplatform franchises and Making the next entry in the Franchise exclusive is bad for everyone in the long run. Especially in Tomb Raider's case, since they just rebooted the franchise and now the sequal is exclusive ? The only way this could be worse is if the game after the next one goes multiplatform again but is still canon, the huge gaping hole in the middle is gona send this series right back into obscurity.

Thing is does anyone really care about TR anymore? it was a massive franchise back in the ps1 days and had some success with the ps2 but since the ps3 and the Uncharted franchise came along TR was usurped and disappeared from the concious of the gaming masses.

Back in the day all people talked about was TR but ive had many conversations since those days about games and no one has ever mentioned TR, make of that what you will but i think it speaks volumes about the relevance of TR these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

It's how they got the "exclusive". Instead of creating new and exciting content, they simply purchase it. Many find that distasteful, not to mention that those are the games that tend to at least make it to the PC at some point.

Even if Tomb Raider dosn't somehow turn out to be that case, I can't say I'm too beat up over it. I still have yet to be assed to complete the first entry.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

The big question here is would franchises like Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War and games like Demons Souls and Bloodborne exist if it weren't for Sony.

We know for a fact that Halo, Alan Wake, Titanfall and Rise of Tombraider would have been made without MS. Does Sony have any high profile steals like this?

What about MS paying $50 million for GTA episodes exclusivity. Combine that and all the money they spend on CoD dlc timed exclusivity and MS could have created at least 2 new ip's with that money alone.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@l34052

All I can tell ya is TR Reboot did well and I mean really well, Its the Highest Selling TR game since a long time ago.

If only Eidos could make their games as effeciently as Ubisoft then they could topple Assassin's Creed, but they might aswell kiss that dream goodbye, whether this exclusive is timed or Permant, its gona set things back quite a bit for Eidos, Square Enix should be fine though, if they have to I think they wouldn't hesitate to sever off Eidos if this goes south.

The good news the better Lara Croft franchise, which is miles better than Tomb Raiderr, is still multiplatform..... For Now.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

people don't hate it because it has exclusives, they hate it because it has exclusives they want... things would be so much simpler if the systems we buy had every game we'd ever want on them, unfortunately we don't live on that world

just look at the reaction today to the next Tomb Raider sequel being an an X1 exclusive, suddenly it's the studios that are betraying gamers, but Silent Hill becomes a PS4 exclusive and no such hateful language exists

it is disappointing on some level though I admit, having to decide between the games the two consoles offer, but like any generation if you want the spectrum of what the entire gen has to offer I'm just gonna have to get each console eventually, or pray the games eventually get ported

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Its different when Sony pays for exclusives. Because they care. LMAO.

You console owners are chumps. Businesses are there to make money.

Just save yourself the headache and get a real gaming platform.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@lamprey263

".....we don't live on that world....."

We do live in that World, Your Other entertainment systems prove we do live in that world, its this medium that lives in fantasy land, and its going bite itself in the ass one day.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

The crap thing about Tomb Raider and something like No Man's Sky being timed exclusive and this endless "exclusive content" battle Sony & MS are embroiled in is that those console owners don't gain anything. They would have got the game anyway. All it does is screw over the opposing install base.

But today you're back on the Xbone bandwagon and therefore probably too dumb to understand what I said so never mind.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lglz1337

@Floppy_Jim said:

The crap thing about Tomb Raider and something like No Man's Sky being timed exclusive and this endless "exclusive content" battle Sony & MS are embroiled in is that those console owners don't gain anything. They would have got the game anyway. All it does is screw over the opposing install base.

But today you're back on the Xbone bandwagon and therefore probably too dumb to understand what I said so never mind.

so true

endless cycle of bs exclusive dl content like cod AW dl content first on xbone and destiny extra map first on playstation these things need to stop!

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

But none of those look compelling! Only two of them look good! Lol.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#33 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

It's because Tomb Raider was a multiplatform for many years and had/has a huge fanbase. Nobody hates MS for this but they do hate Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix. You have a hard time comprehending things, TC.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CyberLips

@AdrianWerner said:

Sony did exact the same thing last year though. It was crap then and it's crap now.

What did Sony do last year?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

PS4 owners not share their exclusives, Xbox One fans not crying.

Xbox One owners not share their exclusives, PS4 fans are crying, angry, want to kill everyone and they are confused why Xbox One owners not share their exclusives.

This is great logic!!!

The difference is Sony either makes them or at least has a hand in making them, they just don't write checks to keep it off other systems especially if it's a well established Multiplat game.

If MS had of created a new IP regardless of how great it looked no one would of said boo.

Avatar image for quakeknight1991
quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By quakeknight1991
Member since 2006 • 1528 Posts

No, people hate Microsoft because instead of using their money in boosting their first party developers they bribe third party developers for exclusives. This tactic is very effective since most popular IPs belong to third party developers, however this is very expensive and because of that Microsoft can not keep doing this for a whole generation. Thats exactly why half-way through a console generation Microsoft just stops giving xbox exclusives aside from the typical Halo/Forza/Fable garbage.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
@Floppy_Jim said:

From what I understand No Man's Sky was just supposed to be for the PC and Sony wanted it for the PS4 nothing was lost.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

@l34052 said:

I dislike ms cause they're a cancer to the gamin industry. First they introduce paying for online play (sadly now copied by sony), then they tried to say nobody could actually own, trade or share any of the FULL PRICE games they brought, then they tried to say everyone HAD to be connected to the internet 24/7 so they could check the above, if it wasnt connected the console wouldnt let you play ANY games at all, drm this drm that, they then bundled a MANDATORY spy camera in with the console and it wouldnt work if the camera wasnt attached, i could go on but its common knowledge to all so i wont waste my time.

The only reason they went back on every single one of the above is the backlash received from gamers globally and the magazines, websites etc etc plus the fact the dam thing isnt selling very well at all so they're now desperate and dont know what to with it.

MS can **** off as far as im concerned, goodbye to bad waste.

MS went too far too fast, but the industry is going in that direction anyway, except now it's being done gently and Sony are leading the way, but being insidious about it.

Started off with PSN+ giving people free stuff but they're getting you used to the digital download age with account licences and all that. With PS Now they're starting it off as a rental service but that's more for them so they can learn from it and get it ready. When the time is right they'll push further and further with that. You think there isn't an agenda with free games, as if publishers want to give us free games. When is the last time they did us favours. Look back on your last gen console with hindsight, see how much of it is already locked to your account. The retail games are just part of it now, all the DLC and online is separate. Try and play those games 10 years down the line and see how much of it is unavailable.

Publishers want to cut out the retail stores and used game markets and they've worked out that being forceful won't work. Now EA are jumping on with EA Access, more and more will want to as well.

At least with Steam on the PC they are straight up about it, and to be honest that's what MS tried to do. Now everyone is just gently moving you in that direction.

The true console days ended with the PS2 and Xbox. Although Nintendo seems more unchanged than the others.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AdrianWerner

@CyberLips said:

@AdrianWerner said:

Everybody's Going to Rapture

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts
@l34052 said:

Thing is does anyone really care about TR anymore? it was a massive franchise back in the ps1 days and had some success with the ps2 but since the ps3 and the Uncharted franchise came along TR was usurped and disappeared from the concious of the gaming masses.

Back in the day all people talked about was TR but ive had many conversations since those days about games and no one has ever mentioned TR, make of that what you will but i think it speaks volumes about the relevance of TR these days.

Actually, the reboot brought it back. Underworld sold about 700K, and the franchise kinda died. Nobody was interested anymore.

Then the reboot was announced, got a lot of attention, and went on to sell over 3 million in its first month. It's sitting at around 6 million now.
A lot of gamers who never played the franchise before, are now fans. Microsoft moneyhatting this franchise came at the worst time imaginable. At a time where Tomb Raider got back on her feet again, and many gamers are introduced to it, they seal a deal for timed exclusivity, and piss off God knows how many people.

That is not a good way for letting a franchise grow into something big again.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#41  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Can taste the cows tears

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CyberLips

@AdrianWerner said:

@CyberLips said:

@AdrianWerner said:

You're comparing a new IP with an established franchise that has been a multiplat for many years?

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AdrianWerner

@scottpsfan14 said:
@AdrianWerner said:

@CyberLips said:

@AdrianWerner said:

That's a Sony Santa Monica game...

No. It's Chinese Room's game. Santa Monica started to help with development only when Sony signed the deal with the devs. Previously it was developed as PC exclusive.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AdrianWerner
@CyberLips said:

You're comparing a new IP with an established franchise that has been a multiplat for many years?

Yes. Especially since that multiplat franchise has long history of signing exclusive deals.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's a bad practice and it pisses off consumers when you've established a fanbase across all platforms(sorry, Wii U) and then take it away from money. A better PR statement would have been that Microsoft has helped the development of Tomb Raider to give the game a desired appeal.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@Shielder7 said:
@Floppy_Jim said:

From what I understand No Man's Sky was just supposed to be for the PC and Sony wanted it for the PS4 nothing was lost.

I'm sure there are other Sony examples. Point is, the pissing war between the 2 corporations is all about screwing over the opposing install base rather than benefiting their own a lot of the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It comes off as lazy on MS part. This is similar to EA buying out the NFL, as opposed to having talent scouts looking for talented game developers/designers.