Every year, Nintendo publishes a new IP. Since 1983!!!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Nintendo is just unstoppable. No company brings as much joy to so many gamers around the world. No company even comes close. And youd be surprised to find out, that since 1983, Nintendo has published a brand new IP every single year. You heard that right, boss be big boss.

Last year was Buddy Mission Bond and Game Builder Garage. 2020 was the amazing Good Job!. Astral Chain was in 2019 and we should be getting a sequel on Switch pretty soon. Sushi Striker was the new IP for 2018 and Ever Oasis was the one for 2017. Nintendo has been on quite the roll.

Buddy Mission Bond was a visual/adventure game with artwork from the legend Yusuke Murata, the artist behind One-Punch Man. For more info on the game, Nintendo Life wrote an awesome article about the game and Nintendos awesome ability to fund new IPs.

Source

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

Nintendo has always been the master of creativity. If only their hardware was more powerful, I would gladly buy their games.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mesome713

@pmanden: I feel you mate, if only Sony were more creative, id gladly buy their games.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3505 Posts

They are the best. Number one!

Even when on the same ips they often introduce more novelty than others when releasing new ones.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@mesome713: Absolutely!! Thank f*ck for Nintendo because without them, we'd have the same boring cinematic sh*t like PS.

Personally, I'm glad Nintendo doesn't focus on horsepower like the others and chooses to be more creative with their hardware, so the focus isn't always on realistic graphics at the expense of actually being fun.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39699 Posts

Nice shovelware.

Nintendo can't even create a story that isn't written by a teenager. For how many more decades are we gonna be saving princesses? What a ridiculous company. No wonder they haven't updated their online infrastructure since the Dreamcast days.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mesome713

Sad part is Nintendo's saving princess is still 10 times better than the shat stories Sony does.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

Sad part is Nintendo's saving princess is still 10 times better than the shat stories Sony does.

Six awards at the game awards, bro. When was the last time Nintendo won anything worthwhile? They were almost as absent as MS lul. Call me when Nintendo wins six awards with a single game, bud.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

@hardwenzen: The story of Buddy Mission Bond sounds way more unique and interesting than the generic Dad of War.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1278 Posts

I do like how Nintendo changes the art style for their current IP's as well. Yoshi's Wooly World is a great example. I just wish they would have Game Freak do something similar to the art style for Pokemon, but art style doesn't make up for a bad game. But with more new IP's introduced, it gives them the possibility of finding a gem. I think Splatoon is a perfect example of this.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2490 Posts

Difference is that when they were starting out game budgets were so much smaller that creating a new IP amounted to more. Their budgets and teams for new IPs would be far bigger now if they had kept up with the growth of the industry and Nintendo games in general. That's why nobody cares much about their new IPs. They don't take the same risks as the first Marios, Metroids, Zeldas and so on thirty to forty years ago.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hardwenzen
@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen: The story of Buddy Mission Bond sounds way more unique and interesting than the generic Dad of War.

Will it win six awards, tho?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#14 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

@pmanden: If only people cared about the last time they had powerful hardware. From 20+ years ago.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nintendoboy16

@warm_gun: You know the likes of Mario and Zelda came out at a time Americans were all "f*** video games" right? Kind of hard to have that sort of standard now.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

The only one of those games that anyone has ever heard of is Astral Chain

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1082 Posts

@nintendoboy16: To be fair, when Nintendo had powerful hardware they made stupid mistakes. The N64 should have had CD capacity from the start. Games like FF7 was supposed to be released on that system. The NGC had a similar issue with the mini disc capacity, the Gamecube controller lacked inputs compared to Sony's and Microsoft's controllers. It's mostly Nintendo's fault why they still lack third party support albeit it's somewhat better for the Switch.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts

I wish all AAA publishers/developers took a page from Nintendo's book in this regard.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@pmanden:

Exactly. Nintendo has quality games, but they are stuck with PS2-era graphics. Xbox has zero quality games, but has the most powerful system.

if only they partnered up I would have two consoles and not just one.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@pmanden: I feel you mate, if only Sony were more creative, id gladly buy their games.

If I’m not mistaken Sony have had the most success with new IP’s than Nintendo, but feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ermacness
@nintendoboy16 said:

@pmanden: If only people cared about the last time they had powerful hardware. From 20+ years ago.

Developers do, that’s why most multiplats skip the switch, especially “next gen only” multiplats.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ermacness
@mesome713 said:

Talk about buying a Civic, and then laughing at a Ferrari for not being the fastest car you've seen!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mario excels at key points, but story isn’t one of them. You might not like the story of Sony games, but even Nintendo themselves wouldn’t give Mario a nod in the story department.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendoboy16

@ermacness: Okay, but that doesn't mean absolute d*** if the platform is selling poorly. GameCube and PS Vita were evidence of those. Besides, Switch support from third parties is infinitely better than Nintendo platforms of the past. Just because it isn't your, or SW's speed...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#24  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

@hardwenzen:

See the Texasgoldrush thread on why the Best Story award is worthless:

The Game Awards shows how terrible games media is at judging narrative

Every year, they give it to some generic AAA game with a generic popcorn movie story that Hollywood does better. No way would they give the award to an adventure game or visual novel with superior writing and storytelling to these generic AAA popcorn stories.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ermacness

@nintendoboy16 said:

@ermacness: Okay, but that doesn't mean absolute d*** if the platform is selling poorly. GameCube and PS Vita were evidence of those. Besides, Switch support from third parties is infinitely better than Nintendo platforms of the past. Just because it isn't your, or SW's speed...

The point of the post wasn’t talking about the lack of success with previous iterations of Nintendo platforms compared to the switch.The point I was referring to was the line that read “ if only people cared about the last time they had powerful hardware“. I just merely showed you that some do care and revealed the evidence behind this assumption. What you just did here is what SW calls “ goalposts moving”.

🤷‍♀️

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoboy16

@ermacness: Financial success means everything in a world run by capitalism. Otherwise yeah, Nintendo wouldn't have gone the underpowered route since the Wii. But here we are now. And Nintendo is DONE with it.

Deal with it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen:

Every year, they give it to some generic AAA game with a generic popcorn movie story that Hollywood does better. No way would they give the award to an adventure game or visual novel with superior writing and storytelling to these generic AAA popcorn stories.

He adores Life is Strange. Can't take him serious lol

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ermacness

@nintendoboy16 said:

@ermacness: Financial success means everything in a world run by capitalism. Otherwise yeah, Nintendo wouldn't have gone the underpowered route since the Wii. But here we are now. And Nintendo is DONE with it.

Deal with it.

Now you’re deflecting. Your “original“ topic was about no one caring about the lack of power inside the switch, and I provided evidence stating the contrary. Now we’re all the way in “BFE” talking about capitalism. I ever stated that the switch wasn’t a financial success, instead I refuted your initial claim and provided evidence on why I refuted your claim. From this angle, it seems that YOU needs to learn to “deal with it”.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16

@ermacness said:

Now you’re deflecting. Your “original“ topic was about no one caring about the lack of power inside the switch, and I provided evidence stating the contrary. Now we’re all the way in “BFE” talking about capitalism. I ever stated that the switch wasn’t a financial success, instead I refuted your initial claim and provided evidence on why I refuted your claim. From this angle, it seems that YOU needs to learn to “deal with it”.

Am I? I know well enough money talks (hence "capitalism") and say Nintendo DOES make powerful hardware, but if it sells like ass and the install base is dogs***, then there is no interest in developing for that platform. Besides, a common view that Nintendo consoles are only "good for first parties" anyway, so spare me the lecture

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ermacness

@nintendoboy16 said:
@ermacness said:

Am I? I know well enough money talks (hence "capitalism") and say Nintendo DOES make powerful hardware, but if it sells like ass and the install base is dogs***, then there is no interest in developing for that platform. Besides, a common view that Nintendo consoles are only "good for first parties" anyway, so spare me the lecture

The only reason for the lecture is because you fail to grasp my rebuttal to your original post and the evidence that backs it. Look, you can deflect all you want the point is not all multiplats make it on the switch due to hardware limitations in most instances.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ermacness

@The_Deepblue said:

But I was told that Nintendo only does rehashes such as the same Mario platformer over and over. Super Mario Odyssey and Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Galaxy 2 were all the EXACT same game, EXACTLY!

And Nintendo also doesn’t know how to be WOKE! If you want real agenda-pushing, political statements in your gaming stories, go “play” a Sony movie—er—game, baby! Who needs gameplay when you can have 5th generation warfare brainwashing you and tapping into your feels?!

Nintendo needs to stop focusing on good mechanics and innovative gameplay and bring in hours of cutscenes, progressive politics, and science!

@BIOKILLER123

To say Nintendo “lacks” third party support is a poor argument on its face.

@nintendoboy16

If the world is run by capitalism, then all the other gaming hardware developers also do what brings in the money. Nintendo still has better games, and they aren’t pumped full of garbage pushed by the state.

Well, they’re not the same exact game, but more so spinoffs of each other. While not being exactly the same, please don’t pretend like these games are completely different, because at the core, they’re not. They just have different mechanics (some would call them “gimmicks“) to each of the varying 3D Mario‘s. Now the 2D Mario games could potentially be considered as completely different games due to the different strategies used to progress (again potentially), but the 3D Mario games are not exactly the same, and are not completely different. In fact the difference in the 2D and 3D Mario games are = to the difference in GOW 1-3 and GOW 2018 and Ragnarok.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1082 Posts

@ermacness said:
@The_Deepblue said:

But I was told that Nintendo only does rehashes such as the same Mario platformer over and over. Super Mario Odyssey and Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Galaxy 2 were all the EXACT same game, EXACTLY!

And Nintendo also doesn’t know how to be WOKE! If you want real agenda-pushing, political statements in your gaming stories, go “play” a Sony movie—er—game, baby! Who needs gameplay when you can have 5th generation warfare brainwashing you and tapping into your feels?!

Nintendo needs to stop focusing on good mechanics and innovative gameplay and bring in hours of cutscenes, progressive politics, and science!

@BIOKILLER123

To say Nintendo “lacks” third party support is a poor argument on its face.

@nintendoboy16

If the world is run by capitalism, then all the other gaming hardware developers also do what brings in the money. Nintendo still has better games, and they aren’t pumped full of garbage pushed by the state.

Well, they’re not the same exact game, but more so spinoffs of each other. While not being exactly the same, please don’t pretend like these games are completely different, because at the core, they’re not. They just have different mechanics (some would call them “gimmicks“) to each of the varying 3D Mario‘s. Now the 2D Mario games could potentially be considered as completely different games due to the different strategies used to progress (again potentially), but the 3D Mario games are not exactly the same, and are not completely different. In fact the difference in the 2D and 3D Mario games are = to the difference in GOW 1-3 and GOW 2018 and Ragnarok.

@ermacness Hey dude, I wasn't going to say anything in a thread like this. Typically, there's either too many fanboys or deluded people around here. No matter how many times evidence is used to the contrary, there's usually someone making excuses. When I was in my pre-teens and mid teens. I used to be a Nintendo fanboy. Even back then I wasn't stupid enough to ignore Nintendo's downfalls and mistakes.

I was quite vocal about it, I wanted them to do well, I was convinced with their powerhouse first party games they would be dominate (or more so) if they had comparable third party support. These days I'm mainly a PC gamer and I've never looked back. I do own a Switch but only as a secondary system, not first like I was doing since the N64 days.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#34 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@ermacness: It’s sarcasm. Those Mario games I mentioned are all among my favorite games of all time.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#35 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@ermacness: It’s obviously sarcasm. Those Mario games I mentioned are all among my favorite games of all time.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen:

Another nice thing about Adventure Games is the lack of ludonarrative dissonance they have.

Nico Bellic, Kratos are both some of the biggest offenders in this regard.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I think it's easier to get creative with kid video games than more mature adult type of games. I think Sony is more focused on that area in the video game industry than what Nintendo is doing. Same goes for Microsoft and the other consoles that existed.