Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

I am glad they show more in game footage of this game but, I still have no idea what the gameplay is going to be like.

I am hyped for the potential of this game because it reminds me of a higher fidelity Skyrim.

What are your thoughts on the only two new IPs shown? Unless I missed one?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I bite my tongue over Rare these days. There's really not much I can go by with that trailer either.

Obsidian had some good showings, though, and that game looks great. That backyard game (what was the name?) looked interesting as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pedro

@jaydan: Grounded is pretty solid based on the preview.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Modern Rare gamers scare me

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@Pedro: Oh yeah. The insects are well rendered. I'm actually very down for a setting like that.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

MS EXclusives destroying Sony!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Just saw Everwild trailer and it looks very cool indeed. I’m definitely interested in it.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Neither excited me , and they didn't show anything substantial to even get interested in at this point. I'm not a fan of Sea of Thieves or Skyrim ... so ... whatever ... wait and see.

And Grounded doesn't look my cup of tea at all , but who knows.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

RPG made by obsidian with MS money behind is enough to interest me. Not to buy the hardware, but enough to stay subscribed or at least re-subscribe to gamepass!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Avowed looks very intriguing indeed. I’m definitely on-board for this.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38813 Posts

Both look good, but what is Everwild supposed to be? I heard its like Monster Hunter in 4 players coop???

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I'm not sure about Everwild. I like the aesthetic.

Avowed looks cool. If it turns out to be good I think I will enjoy it a lot. TES games are fun but Bethesda is absolute shit at narrative work. The best Elder Scrolls narrative was Morrowind specifically because there just wasn't much of it. I trust Obsidian with narrative design waaay more than Bethesda.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

I’m excited to learn more about both.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

These two games are very different from what we have seen from MSoft in the past. Well played MSoft.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7150 Posts

what i do find that sony does a better job representing there games grand 7, ratchet and clank, hzd2 etc. sony heavy hitters had a much better presentation. look at avowed 90% of it was a arrow flying for most of it. fable was a fairy getting eaten by a frog. grounded and gunk was the only games that seemed they gave them time to create a trailer. looks like these studios was blind sided by xbox not telling them when this show was going to be or something.

not saying i didn't like any of the games but some of you got to admit sony knows how to represent there games. even the console launch titles showed nothing but a few second long trailer. like stalker2.

i like gunk, grounded, fable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

what i do find that sony does a better job representing there games grand 7, ratchet and clank, hzd2 etc. sony heavy hitters had a much better presentation. look at avowed 90% of it was a arrow flying for most of it. fable was a fairy getting eaten by a frog. grounded and gunk was the only games that seemed they gave them time to create a trailer. looks like these studios was blind sided by xbox not telling them when this show was going to be or something.

not saying i didn't like any of the games but some of you got to admit sony knows how to represent there games. even the console launch titles showed nothing but a few second long trailer. like stalker2.

I am sorry man, this thread is is about the two games listed. You are veering off topic.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

@Pedro: I don't much trust Rare, but that Obsidian game? That has potential to be an Xbox SX system seller alongside Fable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@thatdbfan said:

@Pedro: I don't much trust Rare, but that Obsidian game? That has potential to be an Xbox SX system seller alongside Fable.

Rare games rarely 😉 appeal to me. I am hoping they actual make a game that I would enjoy playing. Sea of Thieves nailed the feel but the absolute lack of content was a major problem. It has improved apparently but, no interest.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

I am sorry man, this thread is is about the two games listed. You are veering off topic.

yeah sorry i do that to much but im talking about presentation of these games. avowed had to much arrow flying to get excited for but is by obsidian so im sure its going to be good but why not show more of the level designs or some magic etc. could they put a little more effort in there trailer? this is a huge game from xbox. there not enough they show of each game to get excited for.

everwild is good length though and show some of the game.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

@gifford38 said:

I disagree to an extent. HFW's reveal was similar to the games shown here. And Halo Infinite was a pretty good showcase tbh. Avowed and Fable were great imo. They put it in there right after Outer Worlds pretty clever like, and Fable was shown after it wa smade to seem like it wasn't going to be even mentioned.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Everwild looks like Gamepass filler content. Indie graphics, no gameplay shown which means it's a very long way away too.

Avowed is the only surprise of the show for me. I like the sound of an Obsidian fantasy RPG but again no gameplay shown so we're looking at 2/3 years away minimum.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gifford38

@thatdbfan said:
@gifford38 said:

I disagree to an extent. HFW's reveal was similar to the games shown here. And Halo Infinite was a pretty good showcase tbh. Avowed and Fable were great imo. They put it in there right after Outer Worlds pretty clever like, and Fable was shown after it wa smade to seem like it wasn't going to be even mentioned.

im very excited for fable but come on now lol. look at sony last game they showed was hzd2 3 min and 45 second long. fable was 1min and 2 seconds long showing nothing of the game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

im very excited for fable but come on now lol. look at sony last game they showed was hzd2 3 min and 45 second long. fable was 1min and 2 seconds long showing nothing of the game.

You can't show what you don't have. 😉

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Wow Pedro you’re really shilling for MS these days huh? How come you don’t put the same effort into Sony showcases?? 😎

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

You can't show what you don't have. 😉

maybe so just thought they were further along with these games.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

a fantasy Outer Worlds? Nice

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gifford38
@blueinheaven said:

Everwild looks like Gamepass filler content. Indie graphics, no gameplay shown which means it's a very long way away too.

Avowed is the only surprise of the show for me. I like the sound of an Obsidian fantasy RPG but again no gameplay shown so we're looking at 2/3 years away minimum.

i think they showed enough of everwild to see what the graphics looks like. it has a botw vibe graphics which is good. not every game needs to look real. look at ratchet and clank. looks awesome but it cartoony looking.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

I thought so to but we were wrong.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blueinheaven

@gifford38 said:
@blueinheaven said:

i think they showed enough of everwild to see what the graphics looks like. it has a botw vibe graphics which is good. not every game needs to look real. look at ratchet and clank. looks awesome but it cartoony looking.

Yeah look at Ratchet and Clank - amazingly detailed extremely high quality graphics. Everwild looks like dogshit in comparison.

Graphics don't have to look 'real' to be impressive and unlike the BOTW team Rare aren't limited by totally shit hardware so I'd love to know what their excuse is.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

I thought so to but we were wrong.

:( i don't want to be wrong lol. i was hoping to play fable in 2021 at least lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

:( i don't want to be wrong lol. i was hoping to play fable in 2021 at least lol.

Its possible but what they shown hasn't reflect this.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Let’s be real here, an rpg by obsidian with a AAA budget should get everyone exited and could be a great system seller, however the games probably 2+ years away at least, so way to early to say anything..

Everwild had a cool trailer, but can’t really be hyped about a game you know nothing about and again no release date probably indicate a 2+ year wait aswell..

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@phlop_spencer: I can't speak for Pedro, but when the most intriguing game they showed featured a cat prowling alleyways....there wasn't too much to get excited about. Unless you feel The Other Spiderman is worthy of being the biggest name on that list.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

The problem is I don't know what to make of them. It feels like these games could have lifted the showcase if they showed more. I guess i should not worry about them too much. There is pedigree there and if anything else they will be on gamepass.

I hope we get pass this it will be on gamepass so its ok not to be interested in things at first. MS didn't blow things away.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

The art and creativeness in Everwild is beautiful and I will need to see (or try) some gameplay although I have a strong feeling it won't be my thing.

Avowed has definitely piqued my interest but after The Outer Worlds was such a large disappointment for me personally I'm a little more hesitant to jump in without dipping my toes in first.. Although I've always been a bigger fan of ES (Skyrim easily my least favorite of the last 3 games) than Fallout so maybe this will deliver.

Perhaps they will make the ES game (Skyrim) that Bethesda should have made. Like I often preach, give us an every-man that isn't basically a god or has dragon blood and make us choose certain paths that branch without giving us the ability to be an all encompassing master of all, and make the character vulnerable (even at high levels and high level gear) and I'll definitely be interested. Also add sprawling cities/towns/etc. for sense of depth and immersiveness.

I certainly have my eye on both of them, but they are both going to have to sell me because they haven't hooked me just yet.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@sealionact: you’re being disingenuous because you’re butthurt and that’s ok. Keep hanging onto that L though it’s comical to see you squirm and pretend like everything is ok in MS land lol

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Everwild looks absolutely gorgeous.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@rzxv04 said:

It just sucks that they have yet to reveal actual gameplay.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@Pedro said:
@rzxv04 said:

It just sucks that they have yet to reveal actual gameplay.

I can wait. I hope avowed is more casual than skyrim for SP. burn out with that amount of stuff to do. Hope they go for more quality quests and just a few side quests.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blueinheaven

@WitIsWisdom said:

The art and creativeness in Everwild is beautiful and I will need to see (or try) some gameplay although I have a strong feeling it won't be my thing.

Avowed has definitely piqued my interest but after The Outer Worlds was such a large disappointment for me personally I'm a little more hesitant to jump in without dipping my toes in first.. Although I've always been a bigger fan of ES (Skyrim easily my least favorite of the last 3 games) than Fallout so maybe this will deliver.

Perhaps they will make the ES game (Skyrim) that Bethesda should have made. Like I often preach, give us an every-man that isn't basically a god or has dragon blood and make us choose certain paths that branch without giving us the ability to be an all encompassing master of all, and make the character vulnerable (even at high levels and high level gear) and I'll definitely be interested. Also add sprawling cities/towns/etc. for sense of depth and immersiveness.

I certainly have my eye on both of them, but they are both going to have to sell me because they haven't hooked me just yet.

Do you have a PC or an Xbox? You can load up Everwild and Avowed day one for free with Gamepass it's a great way to try games you like the look of but are unsure about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#41 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Everwild art detection is stunning.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Dunno about everwild. No clue what type of game it is.

Avowed made by obsidian? I look forward to everyone giving it free passes for shit that should be unacceptable!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Looks beautiful!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@phlop_spencer: Disingenuous? Butthurt? Liar? You sure do like to think you know me bud, but I'm being honest. The cat game looked very cool. The Other Spiderman is a cash grab, Ratchet and Clank seems to be only offering fast world switches, hzd2 looks like more of the same....and thats it. GT? Having already played Forza? Thats like playing State of Decay 2 after playing Last of us. Ugh.

No mp games, not one fps game....again...

Still, you can look lustfully at that UE demo again - all 9 minutes of it at 30fps - and count off the days until 2024 when the first UE5 games appear on ps4...and xsx.

Butthurt? Lol, after today I definately have no idea why anyone would buy a ps5 at launch.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I look forward to a new Obsidian game that said The Outer Worlds was a little disappointing to be honest... And Rare?... No thank you Sea of Thieves is a complete joke, one of my biggest personal flops of all time. I really wanted that game to succeed.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Too much winning. Rare rulez and all that stuff. lol :P

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Everwild is Rare and Rare is lol.

Cool art direction though.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Obisidian are fantastic so I'll play anything they make

My kneejerk reaction is the get hyped for a Rare game but then I have to remind myself that it's been 12 years since they last made a game I loved.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Sea of Thieves is a complete joke, one of my biggest personal flops of all time. I really wanted that game to succeed.

Same.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Everwild looks interesting.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Everwild looks pretty cool. Avowed could not look more generic. I need to see a lot more of that to get past the "I've played this a thousand times" vibe.