Even here in SW, I'm surprised to see so much Diablo 3 hate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

Diablo 2 is one of my favorite games ever. So much so that I purchased my first PC a few years back, mainly to play that one game.

I'm no PC gamer, not by a long shot, but I've been waiting for this announcement to actually put some money into this peice of crap Dell I have so I can play the next one.

I'm was really surprised (I guess I shouldn't be) to see all the bashing Diablo 3 is getting, if it's anywhere near as good as the first 2, then it should be fantastic. Anybody else as excited as me?

Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts
I think a lot of the hate is actually directed at Blizzard and not necessarily Diablo III.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I haven't really noticed that... what are people complaining about?
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vegetattack15

I think a lot of the hate is actually directed at Blizzard and not necessarily Diablo III.Jared2720

Ahhh, the anti-conformist have struck again, huh? I see where your coming from.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vegetattack15

I haven't really noticed that... what are people complaining about?the-very-best

Oh, a variety of things, as people tend to do. Graphics was the latest I've seen.

All I know is yesterday, I was all excited, came in here to see some cool hype thread, and all I saw was bashing. Kind of deflated my eagerness, ever so slightly...sniffle sniffle.;)

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts

Diablo 2 is one of my favorite games ever. So much so that I purchased my first PC a few years back, mainly to play that one game.

I'm no PC gamer, not by a long shot, but I've been waiting for this announcement to actually put some money into this peice of crap Dell I have so I can play the next one.

I'm was really surprised (I guess I shouldn't be) to see all the bashing Diablo 3 is getting, if it's anywhere near as good as the first 2, then it should be fantastic. Anybody else as excited as me?

vegetattack15
I am more than happy to get diablo 3LOL one of the best games on pc of all time
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the-very-best

[QUOTE="the-very-best"]I haven't really noticed that... what are people complaining about?vegetattack15

Oh, a variety of things, as people tend to do. Graphics was the latest I've seen.

All I know is yesterday, I was all excited, came in here to see some cool hype thread, and all I saw was bashing. Kind of deflated my eagerness, ever so slightly...sniffle sniffle.;)

Yeah, that happens a lot here. When GTAIV came out, people were hating on its graphics too. When you play the game you realise just how amazing they are. Not to mention that it got a 10 (and GOTY... *runs*).

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="vegetattack15"]

[QUOTE="the-very-best"]I haven't really noticed that... what are people complaining about?the-very-best

Yeah, that happens a lot here. When GTAIV came out, people were hating on its graphics too. When you play the game you realise just how amazing they are. Not to mention that it got a 10 (and GOTY... *runs*).

My wouldn't the forums blow up if that happens.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="vegetattack15"]

[QUOTE="the-very-best"]I haven't really noticed that... what are people complaining about?the-very-best

MGS 4 will win
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the-very-best

SpruceCaboose

All the more reason for it to win!

MGS 4 will winjg4xchamp

You just...

You need to ask the mods to delete the "champ" from your username. It is very deceptive.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

Nah, same old SW posts:

D3 looks crap for PC game; rumor that it's going to 360, hermits say they hope not because it'll be dumbed down.

Same ol', same ol'

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vegetattack15

Nah, same old SW posts:

D3 looks crap for PC game; rumor that it's going to 360, hermits say they hope not because it'll be dumbed down.

Same ol', same ol'

EuroMafia

Yes well, as to that, I wouldn't mind playing it on my PS3, but didn't Blizzard already announce that it was PC exclusive (for now)?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

the-very-best

All the more reason for it to win!

MGS 4 will winjg4xchamp

You just...

You need to ask the mods to delete the "champ" from your username. It is very deceptive.

Nah....I need to ask the mods if i can just change my name, without having to get a new account.....

But come on I told you months ago MGS 4 was going to beat GTA 4. I lost hope when GTA 4 got a 10(no way gamespot would give MGS 4 a 10 I thought) and boom 10 for MGS 4....

Besides do you know how many COws would run wild when MGS 4 gets GOTY

and how many lemmings will cry

how many sheeps will get bashed

how many hermits will get attacked with stupid claims.

I Think that is an SW explosion worth watching...but thats just me....
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]

Nah, same old SW posts:

Same ol', same ol'

vegetattack15

Yes well, as to that, I wouldn't mind playing it on my PS3, but didn't Blizzard already announce that it was PC exclusive (for now)?

the best game devs respect their fan base seeing all the game devs such as epic,crytek,interplay, turn their backs on pc game fans. I know that blizzard will not do the same
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the-very-best

Nah....I need to ask the mods if i can just change my name, without having to get a new account.....

But come on I told you months ago MGS 4 was going to beat GTA 4. I lost hope when GTA 4 got a 10(no way gamespot would give MGS 4 a 10 I thought) and boom 10 for MGS 4....

I Think that is an SW explosion worth watching...but thats just me....jg4xchamp

If we're talking from just a SW reaction perspective, I would much rather see GTAIV win it. If MGSIV wins it, the boasting will just be outta control. I mean, have you been in SW since the score? lol, it's insane. The damage control is funny but the boasting is crazy...

So all the more reason for GTAIV to win, especially since so many people hate on it. Sheep and hermits would be assaulted like crazy but it would still be funny.

-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts
What did you expect. The PC is getting another amazing exclusive game and all the console fanboys have to bash it just to make them think their consoles are important and the best.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Nah....I need to ask the mods if i can just change my name, without having to get a new account.....

I Think that is an SW explosion worth watching...but thats just me....the-very-best

If we're talking from just a SW reaction perspective, I would much rather see GTAIV win it. If MGSIV wins it, the boasting will just be outta control. I mean, have you been in SW since the score? lol, it's insane. The damage control is funny but the boasting is crazy...

So all the more reason for GTAIV to win, especially since so many people hate on it. Sheep and hermits would be assaulted like crazy but it would still be funny.

good point

I could see all the threads now

"gamespot sucks, how did they let overrated 4 win"

"GTA 4 is so overrated, god it did nothing special"

"GTA 4 sucked I had more fun playing hotshots golf"

"GTA 4 sucked Gears 2, MGS 4, etc were the real winners"

hmmmm, but MGS fanboyism is kicking in, and I'm rooting for MGS 4...

Personally I'm rooting for a TP like incident.

"8.5 what a terrible score, who does he think he is" Now that would be priceless.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
You're not alone. I cant wait. :D
Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts

How can you hate on Diablo 3 graphics when Too Human looks like an uprezzed PS2 game?vicmackey39

Is there ever a time when you don't act like a childish fanboy around here?

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the-very-best

good point

I could see all the threads now

"gamespot sucks, how did they let overrated 4 win"

"GTA 4 is so overrated, god it did nothing special"

"GTA 4 sucked I had more fun playing hotshots golf"

"GTA 4 sucked Gears 2, MGS 4, etc were the real winners"

hmmmm, but MGS fanboyism is kicking in, and I'm rooting for MGS 4...

Personally I'm rooting for a TP like incident.

"8.5 what a terrible score, who does he think he is" Now that would be priceless.jg4xchamp

lol... isn't it interesting that you can tap into the fanboy mentality so easily? Hm... gets you thinking, doesn't it, champ.

Also, replied to your blog. Not so much a reply, as it is an advertisement.

argetlam_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 argetlam_28
Member since 2008 • 233 Posts
I haven't really noticed that... what are people complaining about?the-very-best
i haven't noticed as well
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I'm with this guy. I'd be willing to bet that most of the bashing is posted in a thread called something like, "D3> Every console game. Consoles ended".

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
all I see is how hermits already think diablo 3 is the greatest game ever
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
The ratio of "greatest game ever" hype / Diablo dislike is something like 5:1. There are five people hyping it greatest game ever to every one that says "I hate Diablo."
bigevil_rashek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 bigevil_rashek
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
Its because lems, sheep and cows are all against diablo 3.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
i've actually never played a diablo game before. all i know about them is that it requires so much clicking that it could wear out your mouse, or so i've heard
blasto65_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blasto65_basic
Member since 2002 • 496 Posts
I have never liked it just something about the game and yes I played #1 and was ok then #2 still same game now #3. Blizzard I think is losing touch they have not come up with a new idea in years. It is the same 3 games made over and over.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Wait, let me guess.

Dey haz changed my fav-o-rite franchise and dumbed it doun for teh masses and I'm so hrdcor3 I have linux installed on my watch!!!!

Avatar image for TheSeaBehindYou
TheSeaBehindYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheSeaBehindYou
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts

It's:

Diablo III is announced, PC fanboys try to make it popular and say it will be one of the greatest games ever, better than console games, they fail, people bash them for it.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts

i've actually never played a diablo game before. all i know about them is that it requires so much clicking that it could wear out your mouse, or so i've heardREforever101

All D2 was, was clicking. I mean it's basically an RTS mixed with RPG. You just don't control a massive army, you control one guy that you can power up. D2 ended up being a big huge game of PL (power leveling). Lets see how many levels we can jump in a day of killing cows and rushing the game to kill Diablo and Baal.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Blizzard produces games that continue to be popular years after they have been released, Starcraft and Diablo 2 are two examples of games that way outlived the typical game lifecycle.

So is it really any surprise people have high expectations of the games? Console users hate the idea of games that are popular and successful outside of the console market; so they attack peoples excitement for the games, downplay it, declare upcoming games on their systems to be better.

It is a matter of pride and that they think consoles > PC in every way. These games are not coming to consoles; therefore any optimism regarding the announcement has to be criticised, anything less suggests a different platform may have something 'better' than theirs which is of course unacceptable by the platform waring mentality.

In other words if you love your platform; and a different platform gets a good game, you will downplay what that game stands for to reduce the perceived loss to your preferred platform not having it.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
I think its awsome so screw all the hater :P
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vegetattack15

Blizzard produces games that continue to be popular years after they have been released, Starcraft and Diablo 2 are two examples of games that way outlived the typical game lifecycle.

So is it really any surprise people have high expectations of the games? Console users hate the idea of games that are popular and successful outside of the console market; so they attack peoples excitement for the games, downplay it, declare upcoming games on their systems to be better.

It is a matter of pride and that they think consoles > PC in every way. These games are not coming to consoles; therefore any optimism regarding the announcement has to be criticised, anything less suggests a different platform may have something 'better' than theirs which is of course unacceptable by the platform waring mentality.

In other words if you love your platform; and a different platform gets a good game, you will downplay what that game stands for to reduce the perceived loss to your preferred platform not having it.

AnnoyedDragon
Maybe I'm the exception to that, but read my opening statement. I am a console player for the most part, Diablo is the game that makes me invest in PC, if it would come out for PS3 however...
Exeed_Orbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 Exeed_Orbit
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
I agree with the TC. I'm also not much of a PC player, I play very few games on my PC. But when I saw the announcement for Diablo III I was actually excited about it.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

[QUOTE="the-very-best"]I haven't really noticed that... what are people complaining about?Senor_Kami

I'm with this guy. I'd be willing to bet that most of the bashing is posted in a thread called something like, "D3> Every console game. Consoles ended".

all I see is how hermits already think diablo 3 is the greatest game evermingo123

God you lemmings of full of ****, there is 4 bashing topics today that have exceeded 100 posts. :roll: I guess you had your eyes closed at that time right?