Xbox OneGuide and new SmartGlass features to release worldwide soon
Expect the new features "over the coming months"
Previews will take place in the UK, Canada, France, Italy, Spain and Germany. There's no sign-up page involved - you'll be notified if Microsoft wants your input. Here's roughly what to expect.
"- An enhanced TV watching experience (that's already available in the U.S.), which sees TV listings added to OneGuide, alongside Favorites and App Channels. This will work for people in Europe and Canada who have their TV connected to Xbox One via HDMI-in.
- More control over Xbox One, their TV, and set-top box, including setting new recordings and watching recorded content from their DVR, all from a tablet or smart phone. Xbox SmartGlass also adds a cool new feature to show the most recently-watched channels.
- New Kinect voice commands in Europe and Canada (already available in the U.S.) which let you control your set-top box and other AV equipment."
"- Easily navigate game options so you can quickly get to the full list of Achievements, challenges, and game clips without jumping through multiple screens.
- View recent players to find people you recently gamed with, easily add them as a friend, or issue a rematch challenge.
- Sort the Friends list by online status for a quick view of what your friends are doing.
- View your Activity Feed in a way that matches the view on your console
- Launch an app in Snap from your mobile device, and when you're done, simply unsnap it.
- Receive Xbox Live messaging alerts on your mobile device, making it easier to stay in touch with friends when you're on the go."
get it? Europe...you're up...smh, nevermind. anyway, moving on, good news for the peeps across the pond...and north. they will finally get the full experience of their XB1 in the next few months. they even be getting the updated version at that. good for them. maybe it will gather some more attention for XB1 over there...and up there...so it wont be 'just a gaming console'. i mean, who wants that, its 2014. people want an experience and gaming. -cough-.