Eurogamer(digital foundry) - PS3>360 for Hitman Absolution AND Resident Evil

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"] GS's System War is not limited to just PS3 vs Xbox 360.

This thread is however about the 360 vs PS3. Not to mention your response to the OP had absolutely nothing to to with the content of the post.

This issue was covered a few months ago i.e. you can't limit SW to just Xbox 360 vs PS3 topics.

Yes you can, you can't claim that PC isn't a system or say it shouldn't be allowed to be in System wars, but having threads that are 360 vs ps3 are fine. It is limited to that because, guess what? The thread is about 360 vs PS3, there isn't any reason at all for PC to be there, it is off topic.
Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="RulerofGondor"]But I thought Digital Foundry and Eurogamer were biased, and didn't matter? ;)mems_1224
its a good thing you mention that ;) just recently,PinnaclegamingP was qouted saying "lol Digital Foundry...have they ever said anything bad about 360?" heres the LINK http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29309260/df-interviews-playground-games-find-out-why-forza-is-quotbest-in-class.quot?page=20 i bet if you keep digging,you will find comments from PinnaclegamingP disecrediting DF for being lems or biased. Just goes to show how hypocritical Cows are :lol: Oh and Pinnacle,you just got PWNED :lol:

:lol: thats hilarious. everyone knows this kid is an idiot but its funny to see him flip flop like this

hes searching quotes to get me banned probably reporting me outta his a$$ let him do his thing :lol:
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="jessejay420"] its a good thing you mention that ;) just recently,PinnaclegamingP was qouted saying "lol Digital Foundry...have they ever said anything bad about 360?" heres the LINK http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29309260/df-interviews-playground-games-find-out-why-forza-is-quotbest-in-class.quot?page=20 i bet if you keep digging,you will find comments from PinnaclegamingP disecrediting DF for being lems or biased. Just goes to show how hypocritical Cows are :lol: Oh and Pinnacle,you just got PWNED :lol:PinnacleGamingP
:lol: thats hilarious. everyone knows this kid is an idiot but its funny to see him flip flop like this

hes searching quotes to get me banned probably reporting me outta his a$$ let him do his thing :lol:

you deserve it. everyone knows you're an alt account and if you were banned im sure no one would miss you.
Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]:lol: thats hilarious. everyone knows this kid is an idiot but its funny to see him flip flop like this mems_1224

you deserve it. everyone knows you're an alt account and if you were banned im sure no one would miss you.

fine ill take your advice, i set my account to private, srry guys you can still check my game reviews in the lounge somewhat.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="RulerofGondor"]But I thought Digital Foundry and Eurogamer were biased, and didn't matter? ;)jessejay420
its a good thing you mention that ;) just recently,PinnaclegamingP was qouted saying "lol Digital Foundry...have they ever said anything bad about 360?" heres the LINK http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29309260/df-interviews-playground-games-find-out-why-forza-is-quotbest-in-class.quot?page=20 i bet if you keep digging,you will find comments from PinnaclegamingP disecrediting DF for being lems or biased. Just goes to show how hypocritical Cows are :lol: Oh and Pinnacle,you just got PWNED :lol:

guy sure flip flops a lot

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="jessejay420"] its a good thing you mention that ;) just recently,PinnaclegamingP was qouted saying "lol Digital Foundry...have they ever said anything bad about 360?" heres the LINK http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29309260/df-interviews-playground-games-find-out-why-forza-is-quotbest-in-class.quot?page=20 i bet if you keep digging,you will find comments from PinnaclegamingP disecrediting DF for being lems or biased. Just goes to show how hypocritical Cows are :lol: Oh and Pinnacle,you just got PWNED :lol:PinnacleGamingP

We all report you, Arbitor. Mainly because you're a troll piece of sh*t that deserves to be banned.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

i don't think that's necessary. you are well on your way already. :lol:

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]

"Both PC and PS3 enjoy more lavish quality on video sequences"
"PS3 ..our console recommendation."
"PS3 is also more pleasing on the eye, better suiting the game's gritty aesthetic"
"on a purely visual level, we'd be inclined to give the PS3 game the nod here if you have the choice."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hitman-absolution-face-off

"Quite often it can be easier to aim more precisely on the PS3"
"the variance in the position of light sources in both versions in some scenes tends to subjectively enhance the look of the PS3 game in many areas"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-resident-evil-6-face-off

PinnacleGamingP

On PC AMD Radeon HD GCN vs PC NVIDIA Geforce Kepler http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/hitman_absolution_graphics_vga_performance_review_benchmark,5.html AMD Radeon HD 7950 Boost Edition beats Geforce GTX 680 PS; Hitman is an AMD Gaming Evolved title. It's another Sleeping Dog or Dirt Showdown results. AMD Gaming Evolved titles gives hints for AMD Radeon HD GCN powered next-gen consoles.

whats your point? foilage is static 3D environments. and if your talking environment, compare that too dynamic real-time 3D env. would be something like uncharted series.

1332349672_1280856926272.jpg

Could you point out the realtime 3D environment in this picture?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Still butthurt over Playstation all stars battle royale flopping hard I see.

speedfreak48t5p
in gamespot by feedbackula ... yes ..... but metacritic says no
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

DF reports 360 games run better than PS3 games.

"omg, they are so biased, paid off by MS, corrupt media, cannot trust them!!!!!!!!!!"

DF reports two PS3 games run better than their 360 counterpart.

"heyyyyy look at this, definitive proof that PS3 is superior version, and you know it's true because DF is THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCE"

I'm trying to be shocked by this revelation :roll::roll:

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"] On PC AMD Radeon HD GCN vs PC NVIDIA Geforce Kepler http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/hitman_absolution_graphics_vga_performance_review_benchmark,5.html AMD Radeon HD 7950 Boost Edition beats Geforce GTX 680 PS; Hitman is an AMD Gaming Evolved title. It's another Sleeping Dog or Dirt Showdown results. AMD Gaming Evolved titles gives hints for AMD Radeon HD GCN powered next-gen consoles.Riadon2

whats your point? foilage is static 3D environments. and if your talking environment, compare that too dynamic real-time 3D env. would be something like uncharted series.

1332349672_1280856926272.jpg

Could you point out the realtime 3D environment in this picture?

Uncharted besides the pre-redered cut scenes seems terrible visually

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

"omg, they are so biased, paid off by MS, corrupt media, cannot trust them!!!!!!!!!!"

"heyyyyy look at this, definitive proof that PS3 is superior version, and you know it's true because DF is THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCE"

AdobeArtist

Did you really expect logic from cows?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] This thread is however about the 360 vs PS3. Not to mention your response to the OP had absolutely nothing to to with the content of the post.ferret-gamer
This issue was covered a few months ago i.e. you can't limit SW to just Xbox 360 vs PS3 topics.

Yes you can, you can't claim that PC isn't a system or say it shouldn't be allowed to be in System wars, but having threads that are 360 vs ps3 are fine. It is limited to that because, guess what? The thread is about 360 vs PS3, there isn't any reason at all for PC to be there, it is off topic.

The benchmark was for Hitman Absolution as stated on the title. DF also made a statement on PCs running with NVIDIA hardware and generalistion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] whats your point? foilage is static 3D environments. and if your talking environment, compare that too dynamic real-time 3D env. would be something like uncharted series.PinnacleGamingP
""Lower texture filter" relates to NVida RSX's hardware issue.

th?id=I.5015878327600299&pid=15.1

Softer texture filter results are associated with reducing texture filter workloads.

AnisoPair.png

PC's Hitman Absolution is sharp and crisp.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

Actually i dont care if you stay or go. i just remember you saying that so all i did was type your name + Digital Foundry and bingo! :lol: i dobt want to get people banned..thats not my style.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

AdobeArtist

You do know the very same logic applies to this rant above, right?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

PinnacleGamingP

"inches ahead by a nose as"

Yeah. Major ownage there.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jessejay420

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]:lol: thats hilarious. everyone knows this kid is an idiot but its funny to see him flip flop like this KarateeeChop

i don't think that's necessary. you are well on your way already. :lol:

:lol: "please tell Adobe to stop Modding me!!!! :cry: "
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

you pulled things a bit out of context

From a general visual perspective the console games match up fairly well, but we do see the 360 featuring a small image quality advantage where clarity of the foliage is concerned, whereas the lower level of texture filtering and more heavy handed post-process MLAA on the PS3 gives that version a slightly softer look. Subjectively, the less intense use of bloom on the PS3 is also more pleasing on the eye, better suiting the game's gritty aesthetic. Most importantly though, both versions play just as well as each other, so we can easily recommend the game to both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners alike. However, on a purely visual level, we'd be inclined to give the PS3 game the nod here if you have the choice.

I don't think they are speaking technical any more theres a few differences and a few things better on both systems, they just prefer the ps3

Same with resident evil, they say the ps3 subjectively looks better, but surprising that hte controls are a bit sluggish with the 360, maybe it's settings? oh well,

savagetwinkie
You went ahead and did it, you ruined his fun. Facts don't matter as long as you can make others think something is the tale of this thread.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 jessejay420

AdobeArtist
Cows = Hypocrite
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 jessejay420
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="RulerofGondor"]But I thought Digital Foundry and Eurogamer were biased, and didn't matter? ;)mems_1224

i know but its fun Pwning him :lol:
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

I already knew this about hitman. They even said it was the lead console version a few months back:)

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#123 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

lol@ RE6 being better on Ps3.

that's like preferring Outhouse A over Outhouse B for having "less sh*t smeared all over the walls"

Kandlegoat

RE6 isn't good on any console you play. People wanna talk about PS All Stars as flop of the year but its clearly RE6.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]:lol: thats hilarious. everyone knows this kid is an idiot but its funny to see him flip flop like this clone01

We all report you, Arbitor. Mainly because you're a troll piece of sh*t that deserves to be banned.

you really need to relax.
Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

lol@ RE6 being better on Ps3.

that's like preferring Outhouse A over Outhouse B for having "less sh*t smeared all over the walls"

HaloPimp978

RE6 isn't good on any console you play.

That was pretty much the point of my post.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Yep, nigh on identical. Minimal trade-offs in both instances:

From a general visual perspective the console games match up fairly well, but we do see the 360 featuring a small image quality advantage where clarity of the foliage is concerned, whereas the lower level of texture filtering and more heavy handed post-process MLAA on the PS3 gives that version a slightly softer look. Subjectively, the less intense use of bloom on the PS3 is also more pleasing on the eye, better suiting the game's gritty aesthetic. Most importantly though, both versions play just as well as each other, so we can easily recommend the game to both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners alike. However, on a purely visual level, we'd be inclined to give the PS3 game the nod here if you have the choice.

Digital Foundry

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Looks like a superior console multiplat for PS3.

GamerwillzPS
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Still butthurt over Playstation all stars battle royale flopping hard I see.

speedfreak48t5p
that damage control at full force.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] hes searching quotes to get me banned probably reporting me outta his a$$ let him do his thing :lol:ultraking

you really need to relax.

Do you disagree with the assessment? And what do I need to relax about. People like Pinnacle ruin these forums. Yeah, I know, trolling is going to happen. But do you really want extreme idiocy? Believe it or not, System Wars sometimes has worthwhile discussion.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

"Both PC and PS3 enjoy more lavish quality on video sequences"
"PS3 is also more pleasing on the eye, better suiting the game's gritty aesthetic"
"on a purely visual level, we'd be inclined to give the PS3 game the nod here if you have the choice."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hitman-absolution-face-off

"Quite often it can be easier to aim more precisely on the PS3"
"the variance in the position of light sources in both versions in some scenes tends to subjectively enhance the look of the PS3 game in many areas"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-resident-evil-6-face-off

PinnacleGamingP

Hahaha digital 720p foundry are the LAUGHING STOCK of the internet. They still haven't even figured out that the PC can do far beyond 720p. DF are a FN joke.