Eurogamer Brutal Legend review- 8/10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Hm, having seen the whole game being played, I have to say I think anything under a 9 is off the mark for this one. Regardless, good score.-

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/brutal-legend-review

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

As expected, but this game still looks to be very good, I will definitely pick this up after I am done with Uncharted 2.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Anything 8-10 is buy worthy. I see no issue with the score. Just a different opinion, but still a good one.

As expected, but this game still looks to be very good, I will definitely pick this up after I am done with Uncharted 2.

WiiMan21

Brutal Legend scored higher than inFAMOUS (7/10) and the same as MGS4 (8/10) on Eurogamer. Uncharted 2 beat all, though.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]BioShockOwnz

Good for it, I wasn't bashing it at all.

I was just saying that the reviews won't reflect the actual game.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
That's awesome.Getting my copy of UC2 and BL in 20 mins.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Good score from a site like Eurogamer.... The game will be great without doubt...
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
You kids/people care too much for review scores. Back in my day, we loved the developers, we bought the game. With new IP, we took a chance, hence System Shock and Half Life. Forget these lousy review scores and enjoy some video games..
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BioShockOwnz

You kids/people care too much for review scores. Back in my day, we loved the developers, we bought the game. With new IP, we took a chance, hence System Shock and Half Life. Forget these lousy review scores and enjoy some video games..mismajor99

Even though BL has been getting great reviews, I agree. Reviews are a joke. I buy whatever I want and usually enjoy AA's more than AAA's. Not always, but usually. I mean, look at Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Psychonauts, etc. Some of my favorite game's ever made. Classics. Unique and imaginative. All AA titles.

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
This is good, coming from Eurogamer.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

[QUOTE="mismajor99"]You kids/people care too much for review scores. Back in my day, we loved the developers, we bought the game. With new IP, we took a chance, hence System Shock and Half Life. Forget these lousy review scores and enjoy some video games..BioShockOwnz

Even though BL has been getting great reviews, I agree. Reviews are a joke. I buy whatever I want and usually enjoy AA's more than AAA's. Not always, but usually. I mean, look at Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Psychonauts, etc. Some of my favorite game's ever made. Classics. Unique and imaginative. All AA titles.

Couldn't agree more BioshockOwnz. I do know you do, I see you loving almost every game out there :) That's a good thing. For me, I love all those titles you mentioned. If you go back and look at GS's review scores, some of the best games have scored AA here, not AAA(C&C Generals, Dark Forces II, Myst, Med II Total War, WK40K + DC, CoD2, BF42..etc..the list is too long) . I too tend to enjoy AA more than AAA, STALKER being a perfect example over the past few years, far better than most other AAA FPS's.
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rob0_Jesus
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

Looks like we should change the name to Brutal FLOP.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Rob0_Jesus
Don't start.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz

Rob0_Jesus

You gave KH a 9.5, which is an 8.0 game. So you like 8.0's and think they're AAA worthy titles. When will you be picking up this Brutal Legend, my dear friend? :)

hashabnelah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hashabnelah
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

Does Eurogamer uses the "full scale" system like EDGE, or does it uses the "5-10" scale used by American gaming publications?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cherokee_Jack

Does Eurogamer uses the "full scale" system like EDGE, or does it uses the "5-10" scale used by American gaming publications?

hashabnelah
Somewhere in between.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Everyone seems to be praising the writing, something that's overlooked in games ;P

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

[QUOTE="mismajor99"]You kids/people care too much for review scores. Back in my day, we loved the developers, we bought the game. With new IP, we took a chance, hence System Shock and Half Life. Forget these lousy review scores and enjoy some video games..BioShockOwnz

And for me they're AAAA.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
8/10 in Eurogamer is.... really high.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
8/10 in Eurogamer is.... really high.funsohng
Yep
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

You kids/people care too much for review scores. Back in my day, we loved the developers, we bought the game. With new IP, we took a chance, hence System Shock and Half Life. Forget these lousy review scores and enjoy some video games..mismajor99
I always look at reviews...I just don't buy a game because it appeals to me.If it sucks,a lot of money went down the drain.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

hashabnelah

Full scale. 5 is average and 8 is a must buy.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

Can't wait to play it when I get home. :)

Irve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 Irve
Member since 2005 • 1147 Posts

8/10 from Eurogamer is a great score .. in a way it's a shame that there are some little problems that stop it being a 9/10

But hopefully the lower quality sites and mags that give 8/10 for a game because it has a pretty box will give this lots of 9/10 scores and metacritic scores will stay high.

I hope this still sells well .. it should also come with a free F&*£ you Activision badge with every copy

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#25 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Great score (I actually expected an 8.5), but for some reason, this game just doesn't appeal to me :(. Great news for those picking it up though ;).
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

Anything 8-10 is buy worthy. I see no issue with the score. Just a different opinion, but still a good one.

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

BioShockOwnz

Brutal Legend scored higher than inFAMOUS (7/10) and the same as MGS4 (8/10) on Eurogamer. Uncharted 2 beat all, though.

On EuroGamer, yes. That basically isn't the case on any other site however.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
I wouldnt give it over a 7 no matter how good it might be because jack black voice work sucks so bad and is VERY annoying.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
Lol, Half Life won numerous GOTY awards and scored very highly in almost every single review I read. Plus Half Life was Valves first game.
DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#29 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

Why are people posting scores for this game like it's a exclusive, like it's going to disprove on fanboy side. It's a Multiplat...

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
Yey ^^ And for people who are getting Uncharted first you have no taste ;) Brutal Legend :D I have been looking forward to this for ages!
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
1 hour 29 mins. 1 hour 29 mins. happiest moment of my month
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#32 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Why are people posting scores for this game like it's a exclusive, like it's going to disprove on fanboy side. It's a Multiplat...

DazedDarkness

I am sorry, I was unaware that a game had to be exclusive in order to post reviews for it. It is a highly anticipated game, regardless if it is multiplat or not, my friend. I was merely posting the review for those who are interested in the game, nothing more.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Unfortunately this is going to have to wait. I just dont have time for this right now. Sorry Tim Schafer, I promise Ill buy it eventually.

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

Good enough. Can't wait to pick this one up.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

. I buy whatever I want and usually enjoy AA's more than AAA's. BioShockOwnz
Hell, I usually enjoy AA games more than AAAA games. In fact, the best games I have ever played are A-AA titles.

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

Why is this game so hyped?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cherokee_Jack

Why is this game so hyped?

RawDeal_basic
It looks really good. A famous developer is involved. What's so mystifying about it?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

NAPK1NS

I gotta raise the big ol' BS flag on that one, no offense. An 8.0 on Gamespot is "great" and an 8.0 on IGN is "impressive".

Anything 8.0-10 is buy worthy.

MrEnvelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrEnvelope
Member since 2007 • 2424 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]. I buy whatever I want and usually enjoy AA's more than AAA's. Verge_6

Hell, I usually enjoy AA games more than AAAA games. In fact, the best games I have ever played are A-AA titles.

I agree with you guys. A great example of a AAA game i didn't enjoy is GTA4. I saw the reviews and got hyped but I got bored of it after 3 hours of gameplay. :|
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I don't care this game just looks to awesome to pass up, I've got it and Uncharted 2 on my buy list today. Can't wait, but which one to play first??
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

I gotta raise the big ol' BS flag on that one, no offense. An 8.0 on Gamespot is "great" and an 8.0 on IGN is "impressive".

Anything 8.0-10 is buy worthy.

I think the second part of your post was being addressed.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]. I buy whatever I want and usually enjoy AA's more than AAA's. MrEnvelope

I agree with you guys. A great example of a AAA game i didn't enjoy is GTA4. I saw the reviews and got hyped but I got bored of it after 3 hours of gameplay. :|

I usually love AAA games and I usually love GTA, but GTA4 was a huge disappointment to me too, I don't think I put more than 7 or 8 hours into it. Just didn't grab me like the previous ones for some reason.
MrEnvelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrEnvelope
Member since 2007 • 2424 Posts

[QUOTE="MrEnvelope"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] Hell, I usually enjoy AA games more than AAAA games. In fact, the best games I have ever played are A-AA titles.

EmperorSupreme

I usually love AAA games and I usually love GTA, but GTA4 was a huge disappointment to me too, I don't think I put more than 7 or 8 hours into it. Just didn't grab me like the previous ones for some reason.

The Production values, graphics, story, controls, and soundtrack were all great but the game was missing something. The game lacked the fun that other sandbox games (like Saints Row2 and other GTA games) had :P.

EDIT: I play games for fun not to simulate reality.... I prefer something fun like Arcade racers to those Racing Sims that get high scores.