Eurogamer: Activision confirms a new Call of Duty this year; a 'shame' to leave MW and CW behind

• 56 results
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58274 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-05-yes-theres-another-big-new-call-of-duty-game-due-out-q4-2021

Activision has confirmed plans to release a new Call of Duty game during the fourth quarter of 2021.

"We will benefit from a full year of Warzone driving upgrades to our premium content and incremental in-game player investment, and we have a substantial opportunity to continue migrating the community to Black Ops Cold War as well as another strong premium release planned for Q4 in 2021," said Activision's chief financial officer Dennis Durkin in a financial call last night.

"In our outlook, we are conservatively assuming Call of Duty premium units are lower year-over-year. However, with opportunities in-game across all platforms including the ramp up of Call of Duty Mobile in China we do expect growth in net bookings overall for the Call of Duty franchise."

Ugh, I hate business-speak.

Just reminds me that a.) they don't view us as people, and b.) wanting to make a good game doesn't drive so-called "AAA" game development.

lopro1u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 lopro1u
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

Greatest Game Ever!

J.J. & Jeff

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

They can go back to ripping off Titanfall just blatantly, they have my blessing, more than just wall running but bots in PvP, and mechs, and more if they have something to add. I don't see shame in it if Respawn won't make it and they wanna make a Souls-lite Star Wars games instead, then COD series can just do Titanfall's spiritual successor, maybe in the Infinite Warfare universe, and I'd buy it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58274 Posts

Made the mistake of buying CoD MW remake and Warzone (and spending money on it). Was fun because it was crossplay and I finally got to play with my real-life friends for the first time in years, but it got old fast.

In the end I realized I wasn't logging on to play, I was logging on to unlock stuff. And that's no reason to play a game.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#56 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

There's a new CoD every year. They should just charge a $5/month subscription and be done with it. They use the same engine spanning a few years of releases anyway so why not? I'll pass though. I haven't bought a CoD since Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360.