"Escape From Tarkov". STALKER/Rainbow Six like PC Only First Person Shooter. UPDATE.

• 100 results
TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

the gameplay looked pretty bland, meh. I love Russia as a setting, but the supernatural, anamoly, survival ,crazy blowouts etc were what made the stalker games so damn interesting.

Playing SOC through with autumn aurora 2 and it's just so damn good.

They said the environment will have a impact on the character like radiation and etc. Apparently you can die from your injuries if you don't get healed. This isn't really stalker but some of it elements mix with rainbowsix and what The Division is trying to do. Compared to other shooters it has a more rainbowsix/swat/arma feel in its gameplay to it which is a good thing in my book. There a ballistic system so getting hit can impact your movement or even aim.

Gunplay looks solid regardless.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

the gameplay looked pretty bland, meh. I love Russia as a setting, but the supernatural, anamoly, survival ,crazy blowouts etc were what made the stalker games so damn interesting.

Playing SOC through with autumn aurora 2 and it's just so damn good.

I wouldn't say its original but the gameplay looks satisfying enough. Seem like you might be able open and peak through a door from animation I saw even smash through them. The gun customization looks pretty cool. Would love to try the beta out next year.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#53 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Seems like there will be an inventory system like RPGs (just like how STALKER had).

^^ You can see that same type of grenade is assigned to number 6 and 7 in quick selection bar. Seems as if someone dragged and dropped that manually from inventory to selection bar, instead of being automatic, like Half Life 2 for example, where grenades are assigned to number 5 and number 6 is reserved for rocket launcher.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

Sweet find, this looks really cool.

Definitely going to keep an eye on this.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ABtoxin

@Cloud_imperium said:

Seems like there will be an inventory system like RPGs (just like how STALKER had).

^^ You can see that same type of grenade is assigned to number 6 and 7 in quick selection bar. Seems as if someone dragged and dropped that manually from inventory to selection bar, instead of being automatic, like Half Life 2 for example, where grenades are assigned to number 5 and number 6 is reserved for rocket launcher.

The game seem real promising looks like all the core gameplay is there. Hopefully there a open beta we can try.

rektmuhface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rektmuhface
Member since 2015 • 455 Posts

so is this the next game to make my PC explode?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Cloud_imperium

@abtoxin: Yeah, hopefully they can pull it off. Can't wait to see more aspects of the game (crafting, survival etc).

@pyratrum said:

Sweet find

Credit goes to @ghosts4ever

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

seems like its going to be similar to the division. shame that even post downgrade the division looks much better.

edit - the level showcased in the gameplay footage looks like a straight rip off of the indoor area of fishing at baku in bf4.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ABtoxin

@m3dude1 said:

seems like its going to be similar to the division. shame that even post downgrade the division looks much better.

edit - the level showcased in the gameplay footage looks like a straight rip off of the indoor area of fishing at baku in bf4.

Screen I saw don't even look that impressive

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Very interested in this game. Thanks for the info TC.

delliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 delliance
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

I wish I had a gaming pc so I could try this out. oh well got my xbox ;)

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Looks promising. Thought it was going to just be another wannabe Stalker made on a shoestring budget by devs who can't manage a project worth a damn. I am pleasantly surprised.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Looks promising. Thought it was going to just be another wannabe Stalker made on a shoestring budget by devs who can't manage a project worth a damn. I am pleasantly surprised.

I admit the name was rather odd at first

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Everything from animation to gameplay looks very polished this has to be a dream come true for some people

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@walloftruth said:
@lostrib said:

tired of apocalyptic shooters

Tired of MMO's.

tired of russia

Tired of modern weapons.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

Wosh this looks good I'm impressed so far with the mechanics. Looks like stalker and rainbowsix had a love child. Fans are going to be very interested.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Body part takes damage separately and icon only appears (upper left corner) when bullet hits you.

That body damage reminds me of Project IGI - a fantastic game for the time, a middle ground between R6, GR and Delta Force. Combined with the lack of saves, the punishing difficulty of some of the levels did make it a chore some times. I have fond memories of playing it. Still one of the best stealth games ever.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Cloud_imperium

@kozio: I remember IGI. It was pretty famous in my country. Everyone used to talk about IGI, even non gamers.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DeathLordCrime

From I read you get die from injuries if you don't get healed up and your character can even get dehydrated so this looks like it has some real hardcore elements in the game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Cloud_imperium
@deathlordcrime said:

From I read you get die from injuries if you don't get healed up and your character can even get dehydrated so this looks like it has some real hardcore elements in the game.

@deathlordcrime: Sounds cool man. Looking forward to seeing crafting, survival and other aspects of the game in action.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#73  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Wasnt expecting much when I read FPS but that looks really good actually.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I just realized that the game is made with Unity 5. Damn, this engine really evolved.

I like everything regarding the game, except that MMO thing.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DeathLordCrime

@IgGy621985 said:

I just realized that the game is made with Unity 5. Damn, this engine really evolved.

I did read you can treat the offline mode as a single player experience

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 harrygooch
Member since 2015 • 282 Posts

Wow. Looks like what next gen battlefield and cod SHOULD have been. Im loving the gunplay, so realistic. Damn.

Might force me to get a gaming pc.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Cloud_imperium

@deathlordcrime said:
@IgGy621985 said:

I did read you can treat the offline mode as a single player experience

Yes you can.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

I was going to say that as well, Unity has come such a long way, I thought this made by some in house AAA dev studio engine or UE4/CryEngine.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Cloud_imperium

@NoodleFighter said:
@IgGy621985 said:

I was going to say that as well, Unity has come such a long way, I thought this made by some in house AAA dev studio engine or UE4/CryEngine.

Graphics look great, and I also thought that they are using in house engine. Some parts reminded me of Battlefield 3/4. Hopefully this will be optimized on launch. I had a terrible experience with old Unity engines. Dreamfall Chapters was unplayable for me due to its engine, which caused the game to lag in open areas.

They recently updated the Engine to Unity 5.2 and people are reporting huge performance gains. Hopefully, this game will work great on Unity 5 (new version), because so far I'm not a huge fan of Unity, especially in big games like these. Smaller titles like The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 worked great with Unity 3D though.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#80 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

I probably will too. I didn't read the article, but if its F2P, maybe I'll give it a shot.

CONFIRMED: The Game is playable offline too.

Thats great ^^

Hope there is a single-player mode. Its an MMO so irrespective of how tactical it looks, at the end there will players running and jumping on each others heads.

yup^^ lol

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

How did this look anything like the division? The gunplay in the trailer looks 10x better than anything Ubi shits out.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I love how smaller studios are making the FPS's THEY want to play. Now if a group could just make a carbon copy of the original Rainbow Six, that would be great.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Cloud_imperium

@blangenakker said:

I love how smaller studios are making the FPS's THEY want to play. Now if a group could just make a carbon copy of the original Rainbow Six, that would be great.

Yeah,,, most of the stuff I'm looking forward in coming years is being made by independent studios, that are bringing different stuff on the table instead of chasing popular markets.

@Heil68 said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

I probably will too. I didn't read the article, but if its F2P, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Thats great ^^

Hope there is a single-player mode. Its an MMO so irrespective of how tactical it looks, at the end there will players running and jumping on each others heads.

yup^^ lol

From what I understand, there will be different factions in the game, and other people can invade your game if you are playing online, and you'll be forced to fight each other over resources. I could be wrong though.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@kozio: I remember IGI. It was pretty famous in my country. Everyone used to talk about IGI, even non gamers.

Me too. Even non gamers in my office still remembers that and consider it the last game that they have played/watched. :D

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Me too. Even non gamers in my office still remembers that and consider it the last game that they have played/watched. :D

You must be from subcontinent then.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Yup!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Cloud_imperium

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Yup!

Same here.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts
@Heil68 said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

Thats great ^^

yup^^ lol

I believe they said offline mode can be treated as any regular single player game

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#89 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Mehh you lost me at MMO. I mean i am all in for a Stalker like game ( by far the best Fps i played since the late 90's ) but not an MMO one

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Cloud_imperium

Update:

Set in the fictional Russian city of Tarkov, Escape From Tarkov immerses players in the middle of an anarchic conflict between two private military companies, which act as a traditional MMO’s factions. Players choose to join one of these companies, and then set off to do battle with their enemy, discover Tarkov’s secrets, and figure out just why Tarkov is sealed off from the rest of the world by UN and Russian military forces. The Tarkov team described the game’s setting as such:

Tarkov is the fictional financial and industrial capital of Northern Russia, set in the present time of an alternate history. Due to certain events, caused by illegal activities of Terra Group transnational corporation, a conflict emerges between two private military companies, and in the wake of this conflict, the destabilization of the region escalates for no apparent reason. The player’s character becomes entangled in the knot of incomprehensible events in downtown Tarkov, and has to find the way out before the imminent downfall. The city is crawling with local raiders, employees of hostile PMC, peacekeepers and a host of shady characters of unclear loyalties pursuing unknown goals. Everything about Tarkov events is deeply realistic, there was no mysterious cataclysm or alien invasion. We intend to create a world on the brink of civilization’s collapse due to human factors as a background story for Russia 2028 universe. The events that take place in Escape From Tarkov shall lead to war that will throw society into the neo-feudalism. The player’s character is at the center of these events, whose greatest interest, aside escaping from Tarkov, is to figure out what is happening not only in the city, but in the outside world as well.

In an interview posted on Russian website MMO13, Battlestate stated that “there will be no servers in their common sense, only Raid game sessions and a free roam server with separate settings.” Players can either adventure solo or band together to complete quests and participate both in PvE (player vs. Environment, or AI) and PvP (player vs. player) combat. Escape From Tarkov abides by traditional MMO elements, like “quests, PvP/PvE raids, strong storytelling component, [and a] detailed inventory and cache management and economic system.” It also eschews traditional MMO combat elements by delivering a realistic ballistics system for its guns, as well as real-time combat instead of turn-based combat. The Tarkov team summed up the gameplay experience as “partly [resembling] Destiny and [the] yet to be released The Division, but with a bias for realism and hardcore.”

Escape From Tarkov’s main game mode will be based on completing main scenarios called Raids, which take place in a variety of locales from suburbs to chemical plants and will eventually lead to the player’s escape from the Tarkov hotzone. 64 players can participate in a Raid at a time. During a Raid, players will procure loot and experience points, which can be spent on a complex skill system. Players can enter Raids alone or with a group. The game’s world is not persistent, either; according to the Tarkov team, Raids “will feature the daytime and weather changes and various random events, like mortar strikes or invasions of local looters, The Savages.” Once opened, Raids can be revisited as many times as players would like. They can also be explored solo, without interference from other players, in a mode called Free Roam.

Each of these Raids will unveil more about Tarkov’s dark past. The Tarkov team promised that they “will gradually present [the game’s story] in the quests in the form of info-carrying items, conversations and cinematics,” with many items prompting players to solve riddles that will uncover pieces of backstory when solved.

The aforementioned skill system features “over 150 skills with unique abilities split into 4 categories – physical, mental, combat and practical – which cover all aspects of character development.” Players must maintain these skills by investing experience points in them. If neglected for too long, skills will begin to fade. When a player chooses a private military company (PMC) at the start of the game, they will be given a starter kit of weapons and supplies. As the player progresses throughout the game, their physical and moral actions will determine how their avatar will be classified over time.

On the subject of weapons, players will acquire new firearms as they explore Tarkov. Building an arsenal is intended to be difficult, as players will also have to manage their survival supplies like food, medicine, and currency. Players can trade loot for other desired loot both with NPCs and with players. The guns themselves are intended to operate as remarkably lifelike recreations:

All weapons featured in the game are absolutely real and have truly lifelike physical properties. They get misaligned, jam and malfunction in all sorts of ways. We guarantee you hadn’t seen anything like this before. As for nonexistent exotic guns like railguns and stuff, we’re not going to introduce any. Realism all the way.

Survival in Tarkov is intended to be “exciting and lifelike,” as the player will have to not only fend off other players, but also disease, radiation poisoning, and starvation. Banding together with other players will be crucial to complete high-level Raids, but players can also betray each other at any point for loot. As described by the Tarkov team,

When you die in the raid, you lose all equipment, except for the money in the secure containers [which are organized outside of raids and act as a private stash for each player]. First, by playing with partners you get to upgrade you skills together (in a hivemind manner). Second, you can communicate with them either via preset radio commands (loot found, enemy spotted, get the door, exit found etc) or your own voice on the microphone. Some of the scenarios specifically require teamplay, as some of the actions will need at least two persons to perform. Third, more guns (especially tactically advantageous ones) can make that very difference that will get you through scenario alive. And finally, more hands mean more loot!

Players will also be able to form traditional MMO guilds, as well as form trade guilds that specialize in exchanging goods in the Tarkov wastelands.

As mentioned before, players will be able to not only kill enemy PMC members, but also their own teammates, for loot. This is discouraged for the most part, however, since a karma system will affect the player in ways that were not discussed in the interview. For players itching to sate their PvP hunger, a team deathmatch mode is also available so players can hone their skills. No word was mentioned on whether there will be traditional ranking ladders for the PvP mode.

The Tarkov team concluded their interview by stating that there is still plenty of work to be done. In terms of features, “it is about 70% ready. Contentwise, it’s only about 30%.” The team plans to launch a closed beta in Q1 2016, with an early access/open beta following soon after. Those interested can sign up on the game’s official website.

Escape From Tarkov is slated to release in Q2 2016 for both PC and Mac operating systems.

http://games.mxdwn.com/news/battlestate-games-reveals-gameplay-trailer-for-upcoming-fps-mmo-escape-from-tarkov-discusses-core-details-in-interview/

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Cloud_imperium
@adamosmaki said:

Mehh you lost me at MMO. I mean i am all in for a Stalker like game ( by far the best Fps i played since the late 90's ) but not an MMO one

It's not MMO. The game is playable offline like a SP game. The MMO features are built into the game, which means other players can exist in your game, and you can have partners as well. Basically it's hybrid of MMO and traditional FPS/TPS with story and survival elements.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@blangenakker said:

Yeah,,, most of the stuff I'm looking forward in coming years is being made by independent studios, that are bringing different stuff on the table instead of chasing popular markets.

@Heil68 said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

Thats great ^^

yup^^ lol

From what I understand, there will be different factions in the game, and other people can invade your game if you are playing online, and you'll be forced to fight each other over resources. I could be wrong though.

That could be interesting. I'll keep any eye out for this,

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I wonder if this game will get its free roam server before Survarium does :P

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@kozio said:

That body damage reminds me of Project IGI - a fantastic game for the time, a middle ground between R6, GR and Delta Force. Combined with the lack of saves, the punishing difficulty of some of the levels did make it a chore some times. I have fond memories of playing it. Still one of the best stealth games ever.

That silhouette was just a human-shaped healthbar, not an indicator of where you were shot. Which made it a bitch to figure out just how much HP exactly you have when it was getting low.

A proper indicator could be found in games such as original Deus Ex and Call Of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth.

NeoZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 NeoZod
Member since 2015 • 74 Posts

That looks better than 99% of shooters people need to stop lying if they think the gameplay is meh

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

Like I just heard about it just now looking forward to playing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64d19771bd4b4
deactivated-64d19771bd4b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-64d19771bd4b4
Member since 2013 • 32 Posts

I just want a stalker clone :(

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I know this is a long dead thread that has been raised from the grave by a Youtube troll but what the heck happened to this game? I lost track of it.