Erica: Next-gen Sony movie game

#1 Posted by BassMan (10656 posts) -

Look at those graphics. So real. LOL

Sony is getting so lazy that they don't even bother creating a game world anymore. The gameplay and interactivity is off the charts! LMAO

#2 Posted by pyro1245 (5246 posts) -

David Cage is somewhere thinking "Why didn't I think of that?"

#3 Posted by KBFloYd (21899 posts) -

the next step in gaming

lmao

#4 Posted by ProtossRushX (5695 posts) -

This is why im moving away from PS4 theres no just no meaty gameplay its just yuck

#5 Posted by Pedro (35618 posts) -

Damn! Sony is killing the competition with the release of the ultimate movie game.

#6 Posted by Ant_17 (12879 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

David Cage is somewhere thinking "Why didn't I think of that?"

lol good one

#7 Edited by watercrack445 (1832 posts) -

Wow, and I thought PC was supposed to have better graphics and framerates than PS5.

#8 Edited by lundy86_4 (53822 posts) -

Well... I mean, yeah. That's apparently a thing.

#9 Posted by DaVillain- (38053 posts) -

There’s actually few different games like this on PS4 if you hadn't notice. Full live actors/actress movies, but they never sell well or get mentioned much in any gaming forums, so it's no surprise nobody notice this trend.

Oh and as for Erica, this is just one of those little girls trying to be brave and I seen it all. Pass!

#10 Posted by Jendeh (133 posts) -

You guys realize that this is a $10 game right? It's not a major release or anything lol.

#11 Edited by BassMan (10656 posts) -

@Jendeh said:

You guys realize that this is a $10 game right? It's not a major release or anything lol.

This is the pinnacle of movie games. Landmark achievement. Those graphics are insane!

You can even choose to Defy or Defuse the situation.... and you have to face the consequences. The player agency is on another level. Next-gen man.

#12 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

Just in another thread a person was saying that gaming has evolved and only mechanics shouldn't count.

#13 Posted by blueinheaven (4569 posts) -
@BassMan said:
Loading Video...

Sony is getting so lazy that they don't even bother creating a game world anymore. The gameplay and interactivity is off the charts! LMAO

Yep lazy Sony, because this is the only game on PS4 and the only one coming up as well right?

Hey why are you complaining it's another game you can cry all day and all night that it's 30fps on the console you claim to hate but bought anyway.

Want to buy a bridge?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
#14 Edited by deactivated-5d78760d7d740 (16386 posts) -

Another emotional journey with maximum immersion and groundbreaking writing. But your usual haters will be here saying "but teh gameplay!!" as if a game actually needs gameplay ?

#15 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

Lol ill have to watch the trailer, later.

#16 Posted by BassMan (10656 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
Loading Video...

Yep lazy Sony, because this is the only game on PS4 and the only one coming up as well right?

Hey why are you complaining it's another game you can cry all day and all night that it's 30fps on the console you claim to hate but bought anyway.

Want to buy a bridge?

#17 Posted by Telekill (8589 posts) -

I applaud the OP for actually getting the term "movie game" correct. This is an actual movie game. It's in the vein of the FMV movie games from the 90s found on Sega CD, 3DO, etc.

#18 Posted by BassMan (10656 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

Wow, and I thought PC was supposed to have better graphics and framerates than PS5.

We are all going to have to sell our rigs now. This is the ultimate cinematic experience.

#19 Posted by blueinheaven (4569 posts) -
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Want to buy a bridge?

You're in nobody's head Doofus, but Sony sure are in yours lol.

#20 Edited by BassMan (10656 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Want to buy a bridge?

You're in nobody's head Doofus, but Sony sure are in yours lol.

You should know by now that I don't give a fuk about Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. My only bias is for quality. So, I will make fun of or praise whatever I feel like. Sometimes the cows need milking. Right now is one of those times.

#21 Posted by blueinheaven (4569 posts) -
@BassMan said:

You should know by now that I don't give a fuk about Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. My only bias is for quality. So, I will make fun of or praise whatever I feel like. Sometimes the cows need milking. Right now is one of those times.

What's with the totally absurd gifs? Have you lost it again? Where is your carer?

#22 Edited by BassMan (10656 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

What's with the totally absurd gifs? Have you lost it again? Where is your carer?

#23 Posted by DaVillain- (38053 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
Loading Video...

Want to buy a bridge?

The joke went straight to your head lol.

#24 Posted by blueinheaven (4569 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
Loading Video...

Want to buy a bridge?

Uh... the TC doesn't makes jokes he thrives on hate. You must be new here. Oh wait... :)

#25 Posted by DaVillain- (38053 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@davillain- said:

Uh... the TC doesn't makes jokes he thrives on hate. You must be new here. Oh wait... :)

Oh riiight. I'm just a none fanboy so what do I know?

#26 Posted by Pedro (35618 posts) -

@davillain-: Go easy on the poor fellow. Sony released an actual movie game so there is literally no avoidance of that fact. LMAO.

#27 Posted by blueinheaven (4569 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@blueinheaven said:
@davillain- said:

Oh riiight. I'm just a none fanboy so what do I know?

Well I guess I'm not known for my jokes either seeing as you completely missed mine :)

#28 Posted by BassMan (10656 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@davillain- said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
Loading Video...

Want to buy a bridge?

#29 Posted by R-Gamer (622 posts) -

Looks like trash but I love the Playstation because of games like Gow, Spiderman, UC4, TloU, Bloodborne, HZD, etc.

Most of the village idiots here act as if there is no difference.

#30 Edited by Gatygun (1591 posts) -

@BassMan said:
Loading Video...

Also fully raytraced far beyond what nvidia offers with 8k and 120 hz.

#31 Edited by Vaidream45 (2034 posts) -

Woah! This new interactive Netflix movie looks.... wait...PS4!? ??????

#32 Posted by BassMan (10656 posts) -

@Gatygun said:
@BassMan said:
Loading Video...

Also fully raytraced far beyond what nvidia offers with 8k and 120 hz.

Without a doubt. Erica on PS4 is the new Graphics King! (or is it Graphics Queen?) hehe ;)

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#33 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3430 posts) -

The Sega CD continues to roll over in its grave.

#34 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16167 posts) -

Fully natural raytracing. Nice.

#35 Posted by enzyme36 (4270 posts) -

I liked Bandersnatch... I'll probably check this one out.

#36 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

Just when pc gamer fanboys pull the ray tracing card we see sony work their magic on untapped potential on ps4 in what looks to be phot realistic.

#37 Posted by ZmanBarzel (1984 posts) -

If this looks appealing to you, I highly recommend "The Shapeshifting Detective" and "Dr. Dekker," both available on all non-Switch platforms. Shame "Contradiction!" never made it over to the XB1 or PS4.

#38 Posted by Chutebox (44745 posts) -

Not my cup of tea, but variation is good.

#39 Edited by briguyb13 (3151 posts) -

Wow. wtf is this shit Sony? I don't even know who they are anymore. These experiences they're all about these days are nothing like the PlayStation I grew up with.

PSVR, Detroit, Until Dawn, Drive Club, Knack, Horizon, Gravity Rush 2, this shit... ugh, I just don't get them at all these days.

#41 Edited by ButDuuude (1426 posts) -

Finally, an actual “movie game”. It’s only $10 too.

#42 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6119 posts) -

I thought it looked well produced and well acted compared to other movie type games. Sony has a lot of resources, nobodies missing out because this game is being made - you're still going to get other games...

#43 Edited by ZmanBarzel (1984 posts) -

Just looked up Flavourworks, the developer of "Erica," to see what else they've done. While this turned out to be their first game, I saw something even more interesting: they were initially funded by Peter Molyneux and Ian Livingstone, the co-founder of Games Workshop, co-creator of the "Fighting Fantasy" books and major player in Eidos.

#44 Posted by sovkhan (1281 posts) -

Keeping up the good work...

#45 Posted by Pedro (35618 posts) -

A lot of unnecessary hate for this movie game. Why? If you don't like movie games skip this one. Or is this too realistic? LOL

#46 Posted by joebones5000 (2729 posts) -

It's the sega cd all over again.