NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Yep at the last minute with the game launching in less than 2 weeks the devs decided to sell out to Epic Games. The game was crowdfunded with the promise of a Steam release and Linux support. What made this really scummy was that Mobius Digital started banning anyone that complained about it and even banned those that pointed out the banning. Not evening offering refunds to backers. But its a Fig crowdfunded game so people can force refunds if they want. They still have their store page on Steam for advertisement likely. This game already had a publisher too.

launch trailer of game

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Yeah. It's only a timed exclusive (according to steam reviewers) but still a terrible thing to do to backers of a game especially banning the people. A lot of the reviews on steam are telling people just not to buy it due to what they have done, which is understandable. Hopefully this will be a learning lesson for future devs, but probably not.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

LOL

What a nice developer, taking their fans' money and then giving them the middlefinger right before they release the product, a product that wouldn't even exist without the fans money. Hopefully no one buys this game and they have to close down the studio. This is pretty fucking far from ok behaviour.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@npiet1 said:

Yeah. It's only a timed exclusive (according to steam reviewers) but still a terrible thing to do to backers of a game especially banning the people. A lot of the reviews on steam are telling people just not to buy it due to what they have done, which is understandable. Hopefully this will be a learning lesson for future devs, but probably not.

Unfortunately these days it seems a lot of developers really aren't that much better than publishers when it comes to anti consumer practices. Publishers take most of the blame but developers are just as capable of doing the same type of stuff as them if given the opportunity. If they needed Epic Store exclusivity money to keep development going which I doubt considering how late this deal is, they could've at least given their backers as a heads up and ask if it was okay even if they're gonna do it anyway. Some transparency is appreciated.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

Even when you are a backer, someone else will always have deeper pockets.

They have no alliance with you and as a company they will always go the route that will make them the most money.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@NoodleFighter: yeah it's obvious that they planned the whole thing before it was announce as an epic exclusive. It would of been a lot better for them if they came out and told the truth. I don't think as many people would of been angry.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It looks like a good game. I'll wait for a non-Epic release. There, it's on the list.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Would be pissed if I was a backer but for me it’s just another Epic exclusive I won’t be buying. Still don’t even have an account with Epic.