Epic Games Want Logo Removed from Upcoming PC Game

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

An upcoming pc game in which you play an angry Goth man attempting to raise his self esteem has caused Epic to request the Unreal 4 Logo not be associated with it.

Epic Games isn’t involved in this project. Unreal Engine 4 is available to the general public for use “for any lawful purpose,” and we explicitly don’t exert any sort of creative control or censorship over projects. However, the video is using the trademarked Unreal Engine 4 logo without permission from Epic, and we’ve asked for the removal of our logo from all marketing associated with this product.

Full article GOTY

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#2 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Looks like GTA with less humour.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

This pisses my the **** off. There's no way this game wasn't made for anything other than publicity. "Controversy gets attention right? Let's take advantage of this video games cause violence thing to make a quick buck. I know video games have spent forever building up a reputable image but let's destroy it with this shitty game".

How is this even fun? It's GTA minus all the fun parts. This is something that would actually make a kid shoot up a school.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup

I loved Postal 2 and will most definitely be supporting this product. Great animations.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup

A statement from the developer.

"These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct, and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure"

"Yes, we really plan to release this game publicly and for PC only. We're too small [a] team to develop it on any other platform at the moment. We really wish to release [a] digital version through Steam and GoG, but actually we have no idea if they will let us to do this, because of all the sh**storm the game is delivering. :) We really would like to find a publisher for retail version also, but it might be hard for the same reason," said a studio representative in an interview with Gamespot.

It's kinda sad that they can't get a publisher, when Call Of Duty practically gets children in the military and World Of Warcraft has parents literally kill children through neglect. The fact these make masses of money, the greatest evil, is most likely the reason. At least woman (barring the one shot in the mouth) wont get offended. It doesn't seem to portray them improperly.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Big deal.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

WTF is this shit .?

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts

@GhoX said:

Looks like GTA with less humour.

I don't recall any GTA missions that require going postal. Dropping you in a world where you can go postal is very different from a game that's all about going postal.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

I was lol'ing at this emo garbage. No wonder Epic wants nothing to do with it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Simple copyright issue.

Can easily be solved and isn't news.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

Not quite sure how to feel about this game. It's not a good feeling...that's for sure.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

This looks like it could be fun for a few hours at most then get dull.

I would probably get more enjoyment just reading the replies from SJW people who lose their shit over a video game.

If you don't like the game then don't play it.......yet some people have to go on long tirades explaining why this game will be the doom of society as we know it.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The funny thing is, despite the questionable content the game has. It still looks like the best run and gun horde type game I've seen in ages.

So much fucking sensitivity.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

What a disgraceful piece of shit. Hope Epic gets their way.

Well, first off, Epic isn't trying to censor the game whatsoever. They made that very clear in their statement. They're not denying these guys permission to use UE4, they just requested that they remove the UE4 logo in their marketing so as to not give the impression that Epic published it or something. The game could be good, although it may just be a generic twin stick shooter that they knew they wouldn't get any attention as yet another twin stick zombie shooter, so they decided to make a name by doing this. Who knows? The game looks decent and frankly, I don't see how this is all that different than rampaging through GTA or Watch Dogs.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

Honestly, watching that made me a little nervous...

inklineface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 inklineface
Member since 2014 • 134 Posts

Can't blame them. Being associated with pc is a smear on anyones character.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

looks fine to me.

edit: but sure remove the logo

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Actually the game looks awesome. A developer with guts. With a lot of guts. I like it.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Indeed. Aside from the obvious trademark issue that can occur with any game, we don't need people going all SJW about a game's subject matter on a game site. Sure, the subject is crude, but who knows how the actual game will turn out?

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I watched the video before and I can honestly say that it scare me more than any horror game trailer ever has.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I don't blame them.

i would want my logo removed from that crap too.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uninspiredcup

@Cloud_imperium said:

WTF is this shit .?

An angel of justice showing society who the boss is.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

That's one bad ass game... Thanks for showing me this... Will keep my eye on it.

Brings back my old Postal memories.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

I hope I never feel depressed or agitated enough to feel like playing this game. Even Postal 1 with its old-school sprite based graphics and lack of story was too dark and disturbing for me.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Comduter said:

I hope I never feel depressed or agitated enough to feel like playing this game. Even Postal 1 with its old-school sprite based graphics and lack of story was too dark and disturbing for me.

Sheltered nerds

"eww violence, gross, only psycho's would play that game!"

lol

Good thing we have The Sims and Minecraft for everyone else, right?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

This'll be running at 0 FPS 0p on consoles!!!!! That's all that matters I think... Erm.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

I'd probably be too disgusted while playing this to enjoy it.. But I'm not against it. It's just a game. There are many movies that are way worse than this. Postal was fun when I was a kid, but I think I crave something more than fun violence (which is about the only thing Postal delivers) from my games nowadays.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

This pisses my the **** off. There's no way this game wasn't made for anything other than publicity. "Controversy gets attention right? Let's take advantage of this video games cause violence thing to make a quick buck. I know video games have spent forever building up a reputable image but let's destroy it with this shitty game".

How is this even fun? It's GTA minus all the fun parts. This is something that would actually make a kid shoot up a school.

Wow if a game makes a kid shoot up at school there is something seriously wrong with that kid, and with what games he gets to play. I'm more concerned about the media who made this shooting at school stuff all cool and popular. They even had a leaderboard. I mean yeah, that's fucked up. And the game is fucked up too don't get me wrong about that either. I agree fully with your assessment that this game looks like it's made just to cause problems, and that doesn't seem right.

I wonder how the devs would explain the existence of this game to us. I mean if it's about the entertainment value of killing people willy nilly, a vibe like GTA or Carmageddon would seem to be far more enjoyable than making the people so obviously innocent and scared and stuff like that. The whole main character exposition SEEMS from this tiny trailer to be completely unnecessary in any way. I would definitely not buy a game like this. The only positive I can think of is that maybe a game like this can be therapeutic and keep people on the verge of going banana's from actually shooting people for real. But especially then, I don't think it would be wise for the main character to rile those people up some more before they get to let loose.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Ill support this game because it looks fun. I played Postal back in the day when it too was receiving the same kind of attention, I enjoyed it immensely and and it never turned me into a psychopath. The developers seem quite clever too and I believe the games story will have a deeper moral to it.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#31 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Don't really see the point of playing a game that'll simply make me feel unpleasant. Postal at least had a (dark) sense of humor about the crazy shit you did, this is just fucked up. Is there a message or is it just mindless murder in a sad attempt at stirring up controversy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Reminds me a lot of Postal which I enjoyed a bit more than I should have. It clearly takes things quite a bit further than that game did.

I can see why Epic don't want their logo in it, and as long as they don't try removing the game entirely I see no problem with that. Just release the game without the logo.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

If they do get to release the game, there will be a shit storm. Frankly though if you like what the game is doing then buy it, if you don't like don't buy it. This is the best way to get a point across to a developer or publisher. If they make masses of money then people obviously liked it and wanted games that cover this subject matter, on the other hand if they don't then we will not see a sequel.

Regardless I've got to admire their gumption there are very few developers who would even try to do something so shocking. They should have made the protagonist a woman though, just to see what the SJW types came out with ;)

Although I do hope they can get it released on PC, open platform and freedom of speech and all that, I really hope it doesn't get out on consoles even with an 18 or M rating, too many children and irresponsible parents for this kind of game. (Sony, MS and Nintendo wouldn't let it out anyway) Having said that, is it any worse than wandering through an Airport with a LMG?

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I know in games like GTA the purpose of the game isn't to massacre innocent civilians, but it's what we all do, right? At least this game is up-front about it...

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

wtf? this is terrible, I don't blame them.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

So hype for this game. Remove whatever logo you want.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:

I know in games like GTA the purpose of the game isn't to massacre innocent civilians, but it's what we all do, right? At least this game is up-front about it...

Well... The purpose of GTA is to exploit other people for personal gain, that includes murder ;)

I also find it a little ironic that Epic wants nothing to do with this game, seing as they celebrate violence themselves (GeoW's gimmick was chainsawing enemies in half).

RpgGamer23q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#39 RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

looks awesome cant wait for release.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#40  Edited By 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@PernicioEnigma said:

I also find it a little ironic that Epic wants nothing to do with this game, seing as they celebrate violence themselves (GeoW's gimmick was chainsawing enemies in half).

Quite the difference between that and this game, don't you think?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Inspired by Uwe Boll's Rampage

hurr

Honestly though, I thought that trailer was rather tasteless.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MlauTheDaft

@001011000101101 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@PernicioEnigma said:

I think it's another ballpark but still in the same neighborhood, hence why I find it a little ironic.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@001011000101101 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@PernicioEnigma said:

I think it's another ballpark but still in the same neighborhood, hence why I find it a little ironic.

I don't see how being a soldier and fighting off an alien invasion is similar to being a psychopath committing genocide. The violence and gore in GeoW is celebrated more as special effects while Hatred is a different subject.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@001011000101101 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@PernicioEnigma said:

Not even close....

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Digital characters killing digital people.

Most games are murder simulators already...this game just doesn't hide it behind a "save the girl, save the day" trope.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MlauTheDaft
@JangoWuzHere said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@001011000101101 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@PernicioEnigma said:

I don't see how being a soldier and fighting off an alien invasion is similar to being a psychopath committing genocide. The violence and gore in GeoW is celebrated more as special effects while Hatred is a different subject.

You're looking at character motivation, I'm looking at the actual gameplay. Gears is a gorefest and that's pretty much it's gimmick.

I can deal with playing a psycho, just like I can deal with watching Hannibal the Cannibal as a main character in movies.

Edit:

I can see how it's too much for some people of course. Torture and rape is a little too much for me in games and are subjects, where designers need to ask themselves: "Do I REALLY need this?"

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#47 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

"These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct, and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure"

"Yes, we really plan to release this game publicly and for PC only. We're too small [a] team to develop it on any other platform at the moment. We really wish to release [a] digital version through Steam and GoG, but actually we have no idea if they will let us to do this, because of all the sh**storm the game is delivering. :) We really would like to find a publisher for retail version also, but it might be hard for the same reason," said a studio representative in an interview with Gamespot.

It's kinda sad that they can't get a publisher, when Call Of Duty practically gets children in the military and World Of Warcraft has parents literally kill children through neglect. The fact these make masses of money, the greatest evil, is most likely the reason. At least woman (barring the one shot in the mouth) wont get offended. It doesn't seem to portray them improperly.

I agree my friend.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

COD gets kids in the military? You say that like it is a bad thing?

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

The funny thing is, despite the questionable content the game has. It still looks like the best run and gun horde type game I've seen in ages.

So much fucking sensitivity.

This, day1 for me. Also it's funny how many people get mad at it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

EPIC GAMES: Your murder simulator is awful meanwhile please go purchase our murder simulators aka gears of war 1-3.

As long as your killing aliens it's okay.