TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

This review is the number 1 trending story on n4g right now, so I thought I would share it.

https://electricbento.com/games/death-stranding-opinion

Can't say I've ever read a more brutal video game review ever... Do you agree? Too harsh? Way off?

How are you all enjoying the game!? I haven't been on the site much since it came out.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Unreadable.

Mr. Kojima

Mr. Kojima

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

To me it has been a roller coaster, with some deep lows and high ups. Overall I'm enjoying it, definitely worth it for the moments when it feels perfect and how those moments rise spontaneously, unexpectedly. Then there's the mundane game that's ok and the really bad you just learn to live with it, often becomes something to laugh at.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts
@phbz said:

To me it has been a roller coaster, with some deep lows and high ups. Overall I'm enjoying it, definitely worth it for the moments when it feels perfect and how those moments rise spontaneously, unexpectedly. Then there's the mundane game that's ok and the really bad you just learn to live with it, often becomes something to laugh at.

Same for me. Death Stranding isn't going to be for everyone and only if you like Sci-Fi and are okay with slow burn type of feel, Death Stranding is pretty good but even I can admit, I do like fetch quest cause I can lose myself doing alot of fetch quest, just like Skyrim, I can lose myself without thinking it's getting repetitive to the point I'm ready to call it quit and move on. Again, I like what Death Stranding is but at the same time, Kojima really went too far hyping this game.

The review was legit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator

If you don't mind, I'll post Angry Joe's Death Stranding review and he gives good points about Death Stranding. To save you time, he gives it a 7/10 and sounds about right as to what I would give DS myself:

Loading Video...

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

It's similar to what we've been hearing from other negative reviews.

Ooof. That website tho.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts
Mr Kojima is great, you're all just haters. Just wait until he wins the MUCH coveted VGA awards.
Mr Kojima is great, you're all just haters. Just wait until he wins the MUCH coveted VGA awards.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Yet another overhyped Sony movie game. Moving on.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator

The Doritos Pope has spoken XD

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#10 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@TheEroica:

Wow. I just read it and all I can say is: wow. I don't know if this was meant to solidify what I already have heard negatively about DS but what this reviewer said sounds.......absolutely mortifying! And the scary part is that EVERYONE has been echoing the monotonous and boring gameplay. So then, why the hell would we be charged $60? And POOP BOMBS??? 💩

Was Kojima trolling everyone all along?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Probably not going to read that myself as I feel like I’ve read and watched more then enough reviews/impressions/opinions on Death Stranding by now. I did watch the Angry Joe review of DS and got a kick out of that. I always enjoy watching his reviews though due to the skits and production that he puts into them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

:P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator

@vfighter: The energy radiating from your manifested anger could power us to the Andromeda galaxy.

I didn't bash the game in the op... I asked YOU to critique it. Sensitive much?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@TheEroica: No, just getting tired of all the negativity from people who havent touched the game. Shit like that gets under my skin as this hobby just continues to be an ungodly toxic one.

I havent played the game, it might be gutter trash, it might be pure gold, but I'm not going to run around throwing my fake opinion around until I've actually played the game.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

I love it. Can't wait to.get home from work to play it. I haven't said or thought something like that since dark souls games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

It's a good game. Very strange. Surreal. Definitely Unique. And definitely not for everyone. If you're interested in quantum theory, q-mechanics, the quantum anomaly phenomenon/a (you know who you are), the legitimacy of Christ consciousness, tetrahedral rearrangement, complex tetrahedron theory, Schrodinger's troubling little cat...and not killing people, among other things, then this game might be for you.

Otherwise you might be the type that likes to cherrypick bad reviews and post them in video game forums. Whatever floats ya boat, I guess.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEroica  Moderator

@vfighter: I mean how many games are you talking about though...? Almost every game in existence. You think the people bashing Rise on xone at launch all played the game? You think the people bashing the Order ALL played the game? Please don't give folks in this hobby passionately throwing bullcrap around a game forum too much credit.

This review is being talked about. The reviewer played the game. It's more a question of whether you agree or disagree... Why?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371

I think this should have been posted in the currently running Death Stranding reviews thread. Too many DS threads that don’t need to be made.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

“Several critics said that after 60 hours of gameplay, they could not indicate whether they had fun playing the game.”

“ I need you to know, on behalf of all your beloved fans, that none of us have any time for this game right now.”

I love it when people tell the truth and are honest with their audience. So many games journalist are out here trying to flex their writing chops, or advance this games are art narrative. They aren’t being sincere with their main objective. And that objective is reviewing video games.

It’s crazy that I can watch a sponsored stream on Twitch and feel more informed about a game than I can reading a review from on if the big publications. On Twitch, when a stream is sponsored the streamer has guidelines and restrictions on what they can say, yet I feel they are being more honest than any games journalist. Journalism has chased clicks to the point of being completely disingenuous.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@Archangel3371 said:

I think this should have been posted in the currently running Death Stranding reviews thread. Too many DS threads that don’t need to be made.

Are you referring to Death Hype thread? It's pretty much done for as it's already filled with opinions, reviews as it is. A fresh thread is always nice for a change but I do agree what you said though. This is my opinion, nothing more.

@vfighter said:

@TheEroica: No, just getting tired of all the negativity from people who havent touched the game. Shit like that gets under my skin as this hobby just continues to be an ungodly toxic one.

I havent played the game, it might be gutter trash, it might be pure gold, but I'm not going to run around throwing my fake opinion around until I've actually played the game.

That maybe, but everyone has a right to form their opinion from a game they never played buy looking at gameplay and some have been fair opinion regarding Death Stranding.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Hilarious and very well written! Also this part is spot on:” looked at other reviews. Many reviewers speak somewhat jokingly of having a Stockholm syndrome relationship with the game—that yes it is an insufferable experience, but if I just spend 15 more hours grinding, the experience will get less insufferable. Several critics said that after 60 hours of gameplay, they could not indicate whether they had fun playing the game.“

I mean I read several reviews giving it a perfect or close to score, despite stating that they think the game ain’t fun???

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Dear Hideo Kojima,

Hi, It’s Adam. You don’t know me, but I’m somewhat of a fan...

Ugh. Hate it when they right letters directly to people they don't know and over-personalize it. Going to make it hard to read this.

Anyway, the thing I've gathered from all the reviews out there--good, bad, and everything in-between--is that Death Stranding is not a game for standard gamers. It's not even a game for Kojima fans.

Death Stranding seems to be a game for fanboys. Fangirls. Fanpeople. Whatever. Pretentious wannabe-intellectuals that sift through all the bullshit in the game to cherrypick a few good qualities that just happen to be so "unique" and "not for everyone" that you can hardly call them qualities because anyone with a Phd in physics or astrology (and there's a lot of them out there) can write a book saying the same thing, saying "This is MY theory, isn't it cool?"

Seems like the only reason Gamespot gave it a 9 is because Ms. Plage enjoyed the non-gaming, philosophical aspects of it more than the game itself. I am curious what other Gamespot staff think of it. I am curious if everyone around the office rolled their eyes when the Gamespot review came out.

And you know what? That's OK. If you enjoy a bad game, good for you. Lord knows I've enjoyed my share of bad or poor games. Games like ELEX, for example, which are essentially broken pieces of crap you literally need to cheat to get anywhere. The difference is, however, if someone tells me ELEX is a bad game, I would probably laugh and say "You're right, but dammit, I do enjoy it" and move on. When someone tells people Death Stranding is a bad game, people get all sore about it. And that is why it is a game for fanboys.

It's OK to like bad games, folks, just be honest with yourselves about it.

But, feel free to call me on my bullshit, as I have not touched the game. I'll give it a try when it's 20 dollars and on PC; I'd rather not hook my PS4 back up to play one of it's quarterly "good" games. Just realize this is more of an attack on fanboys than the game itself :D

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup

@subspecies said:

It's a good game. Very strange. Surreal. Definitely Unique. And definitely not for everyone. If you're interested in quantum theory, q-mechanics, the quantum anomaly phenomenon/a (you know who you are), the legitimacy of Christ consciousness, tetrahedral rearrangement, complex tetrahedron theory, Schrodinger's troubling little cat...and not killing people, among other things, then this game might be for you.

Otherwise you might be the type that likes to cherrypick bad reviews and post them in video game forums. Whatever floats ya boat, I guess.

Just too deep man, not on our level.

Go back to your shooty shooty bang bang zombiod games or your dumbass Pokemon literally designed for children. Absolutely fucking Pathetic.

Kojimas games for people who've read books in' shit.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371

@davillain-: Yeah I was referring to the Hype Thread. I get that a fresh thread is always welcome and all that but it just feels too soon to let go of the previous thread since DS is only like a little over a week since it launched and it just seems a more appropriate place to post any reviews of the game in. Just my two cents though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@vfighter said:

I can understand that and there are people that haven't played the game taking this to next-level bullshit, but at the same time people who have not played the game can, and are allowed to, form an opinion based on the experiences of others.

If a collection of professional mountain climbers tell me in their professional opinion that climbing Everest is difficult, I will probably listen to that opinion and share it with others, saying "I heard climbing Everest is difficult".

Some asshole who climbed Everest and didn't find it difficult might go "Oh how would you know, you haven't done it" but we call that guy an outlier.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I've enjoyed it so far, but I can see how someone wouldn't like it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:

Go back to your shooty shooty bang bang zombiod games or your dumbass Pokemon literally designed for children. Absolutely fucking Pathetic.

You get so pissed, dude. I mean, these are things that the game is about. If you don't like it, you can just leave it. No need to get all touchy about what books you have or have not read, or whatever. You just come off sounding hypersensitive.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clone01

@subspecies said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:

You get so pissed, dude. I mean, these are things that the game is about. If you don't like it, you can just leave it. No need to get all touchy about what books you have or have not read, or whatever. You just come off sounding hypersensitive.

He's a troll who apparently has nothing else to do with his time.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup

@clone01 said:

This user uttered the same sentence, that was wrong, and told repeatedly it was wrong, for roughly 6 years.

Let that sink in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@uninspiredcup said:
@clone01 said:

This user uttered the same sentence, that was wrong, and told repeatedly it was wrong, for roughly 5 years.

Let that sink in.

.....what?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clone01

@uninspiredcup said:
@clone01 said:

This user uttered the same sentence, that was wrong, and told repeatedly it was wrong, for roughly 6 years.

Let that sink in.

Because it's not wrong.

Me - 27k posts since 2003

You - 36k posts since 2013. Nothing else to do with your time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@clone01 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@clone01 said:

Let that sink in.

Because it's not wrong.

Me - 27k posts since 2003

You - 36k posts since 2013. Nothing else to do with your time.

Gotta love that quick edit from 5 to 6 years.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup

@clone01 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Let that sink in.

Because it's not wrong.

Rent free.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By uninspiredcup

@subspecies said:

It's crazy. How embarrassing.

This is what happens when you're not educated enough for Death Stranding, turn into a rookie poster doing dumb shit.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clone01

@uninspiredcup said:
@clone01 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Let that sink in.

Because it's not wrong.

Rent free.

You live rent free in your parent's basement? That doesn't surprise me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:

It's crazy.

How embarrassing.

Exactly. Hence the italics.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 uninspiredcup

@subspecies said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:

It's crazy.

How embarrassing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:

It's crazy.

How embarrassing.

K.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator

@subspecies said:

I know you mean well, saying the game is unique in its scope and storytelling, but the way you described made me think it was made for like 7 people. Lol

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I’m interested in those themes, but why must the core mechanic be slowly carrying boxes without falling? Just turn it into a netflix show or something...

Midna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 Midna
Member since 2017 • 793 Posts

I cringed to much to finish reading the article.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

poorly written, but he is pretty much spot on. If it didn't had the KJojima name and was a multiplat game, all of us would laugh at it. I saw hardcore Kojima fans trying to convince themselves that they like it. "Well he said it isn't for everyone and yeah ... yeah .. I ... I ... I kinda like it, it's alright. Yeah i think it's great"

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 734 Posts

The review is more irritating the worst parts of the game. Mr. Kojima, Mr. Kojima, Mr. Kojima... As for Death Stranding, I'm really enjoying it. I didn't expect to and it's not my favorite ever, but I like it a lot. Solid 8/10 for me. If you don't like it, cool. I can understand that. There are certain aspects that would not appeal to certain gamers.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

A truly divisive game, this is great! I love this!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#46 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@davillain-: The most positive thing I can say about the game is that every time it starts to get boring, if you choose to change your approach, it has a multitude of pretty options and all of them have plenty of nuance to offer. Mechanically speaking.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

The "controversy" surrounding this game is just amazing, especially given the fact that there are plenty of other games much more deserving of the hate descended upon them (Fortnite Chapter 2 early access lol, Fallout 76, the new pokemon games etc.).

This game is very honest about what it presents, it actually has content, doesn't insult its players in multiple ways etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@TheEroica said:
@subspecies said:

I know you mean well, saying the game is unique in its scope and storytelling, but the way you described made me think it was made for like 7 people. Lol

Trust me, dude, there are more than 7 of us. Kojima has done his reading on tetrahedron theory, and a bunch of us have, too. I'm not saying the game is "for us", just that study in certain areas of what mainstream science would (and does) deem pseudo can help greatly with understanding what this game is about. It's not light reading, of course, but anything involving the behavior of very small things (read: quantum) never is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Sushiglutton said:

I’m interested in those themes, but why must the core mechanic be slowly carrying boxes without falling? Just turn it into a netflix show or something...

It's symbolic. The balance of nature; the loss of nature's balance; the precariousness of the human position once said balance is lost. It gets deeper, but that's a start...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Reduc is on the wacky tobaccy again, must of just finished a session with Kojima.