Eidos is incorrigible.... Scam artists

This topic is locked from further discussion.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Looks like theyre trying to influence scores again, this time with the new Batman game. Maybe if they just put out good games they wouldnt have to worry about review scores. I know Eidos is denying it, but considering their history I dont doubt it.

http://kotaku.com/5311606/[update]-eidos-once-again-attempting-to-mess-with-review-scores

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

the journalist who told eidos to **** off has the right idea

Avatar image for Giglioroninomic
Giglioroninomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Giglioroninomic
Member since 2004 • 79 Posts

Here's an idea: How about Eidoesn't makes a game that isn't awfulbad? That might net them some good reviews.

Seriously, right?

The last Eidos game I played that was actually enjoyable was Just Cause, and ONLY because it was a complete GTA ripoff. All they did was add a heavier stunt element.

And before that...Tomb Raider 1.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

The way I see it, (if this is true) the fault is not on Eidos, the fault is on the dishonest reviewers who agree with this kind of deal.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

The way I see it, (if this is true) the fault is not on Eidos, the fault is on the dishonest reviewers who agree with this kind of deal.

GreenGoblin2099

Jeff Gerstmann didn't agree with them for Kane and Lynch, and that got him fired from Gamespot.

funked_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funked_up
Member since 2009 • 716 Posts
I don't care. I don't go by reviews.
spliffstar12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spliffstar12
Member since 2008 • 1281 Posts

the article didnt say they paid anyone just they can release the review early if it has a good score and gets the cover of the mag. its not like they bribed anyone developers do this all the time because they dont want any **** reviews out before the game is in stores.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

shoryuken_

Jeff Gerstmann didn't agree with them for Kane and Lynch, and that got him fired from Gamespot.

I know about Jeff... "reviewers" wasn't probably the word to use here, more like magazines.

I hope you get what I mean.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Yup, they've done this crap before. I want Arkham Asylum so bad, but I really want to pass it up and get it used after hearing this.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreenGoblin2099

Yup, they've done this crap before. I want Arkham Asylum so bad, but I really want to pass it up and get it used after hearing this.

BioShockOwnz

1- It's a rumour

2- You shouldn't compromise your desires over this kind of stuff... like I said, the shame is not on Eidos but on the review publishers who accept that kind of deals.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

Here's an idea: How about Eidoesn't makes a game that isn't awfulbad? That might net them some good reviews.

Seriously, right?

The last Eidos game I played that was actually enjoyable was Just Cause, and ONLY because it was a complete GTA ripoff. All they did was add a heavier stunt element.

And before that...Tomb Raider 1.

Giglioroninomic
YOU LIKED JUST CAUSE.....u must played it on the 360 because the ps2 version was ****
CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 CannedWorms
Member since 2009 • 3381 Posts

BioShockOwnz
Buy the game for Rocksteady and the gaming industry as a whole, forgot about **** publishers like Eidos and Activision.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

GreenGoblin2099

1- It's a rumour

2- You shouldn't compromise your desires over this kind of stuff... like I said, the shame is not on Eidos but on the review publishers who accept that kind of deals.

If they hadn't been caught for doing this stuff before, then I would've believed that it was only a "rumor". Sadly, they're known for this, so the "rumor" tag should read "truth".

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

1- It's a rumour

If they hadn't been caught for doing this stuff before, then I would've believed that it was only a "rumor". Sadly, they're known for this, so the "rumor" tag should read "truth".

Yeah, probably... however there's still point number 2 ;)

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Im proud of the guy who told them to **** off :P

ah well, at least this game looks actually good unlike Kane and Lynch.

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts
I bet Eidos is just looking for publicity. They wouldn't try this again. They were probably trying to say that if like the game alot, enough to give it a 90% or above in ur review and give us some recognition, than go ahead and put that review early. Damn propaganda, always looking for the worst things from people :x
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Well, I was considering picking up Arkham, but I sure will not be now. It was not pinging too hard on my radar anyway in comparison to everything else I am anticipating.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
After the Gerstmann incident, I expect better from them.
ThePistolGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ThePistolGod
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts

I really wanted this game. Obviously it's not good because they absolutely no faith in this game.

Oh well, $60 to go towards something good like Dragon Age, ODST, Assassins Creed II, etc.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
well unlike kane and lynch...Batman: Arkham Asylum IS good. In fact DAMN GOOD. Definitely one of edios' best games this gen. I could care less about what edios marketing is doing. I just want the damn game in my hands.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Why do Eidos have doubts about their own games getting low review scores? Make the game good, problem solved? Or do they not know how to make a good game.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Well, they've updated it. Still could be true though, it's not exactly like they'd admit it.