skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I no its a hard question and its based on what game and what you do but If I played games on easiest setting how long will they take to complete on average. I always think playing on easiest that the game want last 2 minutes but playing on harder difficulty I always rage quit. When games say 40+ hours is that on default difficulty not lowest. I like the idea of RPG but I always find them too difficult. Take Skyrim I played that many times with many times rage quitting or restarting even on adept difficulty. I am going to play Dragon inquisition which I got cheap and if I play that on lowest difficulty how long will the average gameplay be doing all side quest etc. (Average play time)

Ive not played this be for and even if I do find it too easy I'm not going to change difficulty from lowest as to see how many hours I play and people say that this game is about story any way. Will do the same with skyrim next. Going to start DI this evening.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Easy is my speed these dayzzz especially with my sky high backlog of games that just continues to get higher thanks to GWG.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Skyrim and Dragon Age for me, easy mode allows you to enjoy the world and game far better. I don't want to be dying in 80-100 hour games. They're long enough as it is.

But stuff like dark souls I love for the challenge. So if the game is heavy on story and it's long I go easy mode. If the game is all about gameplay and challenge then the harder the better.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

I usually play on easy. If I like the game enough I will replay at a higher difficulty. Did that most recently with Titanfall 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I play every game on normal and if I really like it I'll play on hard.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@da_illest101 said:

Thats the way to go. Easy mode is for the plebs

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

The **** you guys. Stop playing on easy, you pussies.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: dark souls is also heavy on lore and story, its just told in a different way rather than using cutscenes.

Although dark souls is also about the challenge as well

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Depends on the game and mood I'm in. Some games I want to hurry through and just experience the story or maybe I have a lot of games I really want to play and want to get to them quickly.

Other times I'll play on the normal setting or slightly higher if it's a game or series I know and really enjoy. I almost never play on hard, I don't like being frustrated and FYI G every few steps.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Never, and I'm generally in a rush to beat games. It becomes too easy and at that point I might as well watch tv or a movie.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Skyrim and Dragon Age for me, easy mode allows you to enjoy the world and game far better. I don't want to be dying in 80-100 hour games. They're long enough as it is.

But stuff like dark souls I love for the challenge. So if the game is heavy on story and it's long I go easy mode. If the game is all about gameplay and challenge then the harder the better.

Playing the easiest games on easy, that's just too much, dude.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I play mostly hard mode, it's perfect for me (the "veteran" or the "harder then hard" mode is too much)

Then again you are on gamespot and asking this question will result cows saying they love easy mode so they can experience the shitty story from their B-movie game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

In most cases, I'd rather just not play a game than play it on easy mode.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

It depends on the game.

Halo/Gears I'll try on hardest usually in co op, but will do solo story line in hardcore/medium.

Games like Call of Duty or Battlefield I like to beat in Veteran/Hard

and DOOM is too hardcore for me, Ultra Nightmare makes it so you can't die once, kind of like Diablo 3 hardcore mode.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#15 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I most of the time go for the "hardcore" difficulty setting, depending on the game, on some I jump straight to the highest setting, on sports games I try to set the difficulty to the one closest to simulation.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@da_illest101 said:

Yeah, that's how I roll. Unless I notice early on that normal is too easy, then I'll crank it up.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Total War games are about the only games I play on higher difficulties than normal, unless normal is really easy. I don't mind a challenge or a game being difficult as long as it's not frustrating.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

There are very few games if any I don't play on the hardest difficulty level. An example come to mind of a game I didn't however... Diablo III, since you can't start at the highest difficulty.. or anywhere near it. In games that you have to beat or reach certain levels to unlock higher difficulties it's a given though. On that note, I think everyone should play on a difficulty that pleases them. If easy is the most enjoyable for you, then who's to tell you it's the wrong way to go?

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I always play on easy. I got enough challenging games growing up, it's just not why I play anymore. RPGs are still very long most of the time.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Last time i played a game on easy it was in early 2000 when i got into gaming. I will play on Easy Mode when im 80y old.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

RPGs like FF/Tales -games on easy so go through story fast.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69446 Posts

It really doesn't matter since its a personal choice. The people who care about other gamers playing on easy are typically people who have no other accomplishments in their life outside of the fake accomplishments in gaming.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I usually play on normal which always feels about right to me. I don't like switching difficulty level during games so even though normal pretty much becomes easy when you get to know the game mechanics I persevere with it then if I like it enough to replay I'll play on hard.