EA Nominated For Worst Company in America... Again

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

**** you EA. Especially after your shitty 2013, and all the scams you tried to pull (SimCity, Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, NBA Live 14, Dungeon Keeper) over the year, and your shitty business practices (making a deal for exclusivity of TitanFall while cutting Respawn out of it?), and deliberate attempts at sabotage (trying to support Microsoft so their BS DRM would be imposed on the industry, and making Xbox their lead platform; cutting Nintendo and Wii U out entirely), you deserve a whole lot more bad press and negative publicity.

Worst company in America? I don't know. But you are at least a pretty damn bad and shitty one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

(incidentally, Monsanto deserves to win this. Fucking shitty company ruining the lives of millions of people worldwide. **** them)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

They don't deserve the title "worst company" in comparison to oil/bank/pharmaceutical/etc companies (I've said this twice two years before), but EA is pretty goddamn terrible gaming publisher. Activision is awful too, and SADLY these companies are shaping the gaming landscape.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

(incidentally, Monsanto deserves to win this. Fucking shitty company ruining the lives of millions of people worldwide. **** them)

please explain

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib

EA should never have been voted worst company in america in the first place

mario-galaxys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mario-galaxys
Member since 2011 • 574 Posts

I wonder what people do get in awards such as "Worst Company in America."

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'm pretty sure there are much worse companies than EA who likely commit actually bad, serious acts against people, and just don't poorly handle ****ing video games of all things. I'm not crazy about EA either, and I could perhaps agree to them being the worst VIDEO GAME company, but worst company in America in general? BS.

gamers are such narrow-minded morons sometimes.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#9 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Well, they are pretty awful.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46272 Posts

They had an amazingly bad 2013:

-Simcity disaster launch

-BF4 disaster launch

-C&C cancellation

-Fifa 14 could've been a lot better

-NFS wasn't bug free either. I doubt it is now

So I would definitely vote for them... if it wasn't for Titanfall. Damn, that game almost makes up for all of EAs mistakes. Almost.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

These "awards" are bullshit

@lostrib said:

Well said

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

I don't see how EA is one of the worst companies. All they do is publish and develop video games.... what is the big deal?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

If EA can get past the 2nd round, I think they will 3-peat. I don't see them beating Koch Industries, though.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@lostrib said:

So much this.. People are such vagines. Only a handful of companies in that bracket deserve to be there. The rest are just out making money, because you know, that's what the point of a business is.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Gamers are disgusting people sometimes.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidTy

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

please explain

1.) http://www.naturalnews.com/037289_monsanto_corporations_ethics.html

"By now, nearly all informed people recognize that Monsanto is widely regarded as the most evil corporation on our planet. But what, exactly, makes Monsanto so evil? Why is Monsanto worse than a pharmaceutical company, a pesticide company or even a weapons manufacturer?..."

2.) http://www.alternet.org/take-action/5-most-horrifying-things-about-monsanto-why-you-should-join-global-movement-and-protest

"Fed up with the fact that she has to spend “a small fortune” in order to feed her family things she says “aren’t poisonous,” Tami Canal of Utah has organized a global movement against the giant chemical and seed corporation Monsanto. Monsanto is the conglomerate mastermind behind many of the pesticides and genetically engineered seeds that pervade farm fields around the world..."

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Worst company in America? I don't know. But you are at least a pretty damn bad and shitty one.

Agreed with this.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib

@SolidTy said:

They don't deserve the title "worst company" in comparison to oil/bank companies, but EA is pretty goddamn terrible publisher for gaming fans.

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

please explain

http://www.naturalnews.com/037289_monsanto_corporations_ethics.html

http://www.alternet.org/take-action/5-most-horrifying-things-about-monsanto-why-you-should-join-global-movement-and-protest

Please never use the natural news a source. And I stopped reading when the second point is in reference to the Seralini paper which has been retracted. And the first point doesn't give sources, it's just rhetoric.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#19 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Judge not lest yee be judged as well. Or not. McDonalds was exposed by Chef Jamie Oliver to use only 15% real beef in their burgers, the rest is filler in the color of pink past. Some of the ingredients have been washed in Ammonia before being used. Nothing EA does is equal to this imo.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidTy
@lostrib said:

@SolidTy said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

please explain

"By now, nearly all informed people recognize that Monsanto is widely regarded as the most evil corporation on our planet. But what, exactly, makes Monsanto so evil? Why is Monsanto worse than a pharmaceutical company, a pesticide company or even a weapons manufacturer?..."

2.) http://www.alternet.org/take-action/5-most-horrifying-things-about-monsanto-why-you-should-join-global-movement-and-protest

"Fed up with the fact that she has to spend “a small fortune” in order to feed her family things she says “aren’t poisonous,” Tami Canal of Utah has organized a global movement against the giant chemical and seed corporation Monsanto. Monsanto is the conglomerate mastermind behind many of the pesticides and genetically engineered seeds that pervade farm fields around the world..."

Please never use the natural news a source. And I stopped reading when the second point is in reference to the Seralini paper which has been retracted. And the first point doesn't give sources, it's just rhetoric.

I gave two links. I can see you spoke about the first. There is a lot out there than two though, that was just to wet your appetite and give you an idea as to what they do or what people think they are at least.

I didn't bring them up btw, but they made the news many times so I only answered to give you a taste. If you already knew and were setting him up for something else, then carry on. I didn't bring them up, but I'm well aware of their reputation.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib

@SolidTy said:
@lostrib said:

@SolidTy said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

please explain

I gave two links. I can see you spoke about the first. There is a lot out there than two though, that was just to wet your appetite and give you an idea as to what they do or what people think they are at least.

I didn't bring them up btw, but they made the news many times so I only answered to give you a taste. If you already knew and were setting him up for something else, then carry on. I didn't bring them up, but I'm well aware of their reputation.

Well the second link, has some possible legitimate concerns but quite a bit is just crap. It is a myth that monsanto goes around suing farmers whose crops have been crosspolinated with GMO crops. And the Monsanto protection bill was completely blown out of proportion of what it actually does.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#22 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

They deserve to win for a third time!

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PurpleMan5000

@DJ-Lafleur said:

I'm pretty sure there are much worse companies than EA who likely commit actually bad, serious acts against people, and just don't poorly handle ****ing video games of all things. I'm not crazy about EA either, and I could perhaps agree to them being the worst VIDEO GAME company, but worst company in America in general? BS.

I'm not sure about that. What companies are actually committing bad, serious acts against people?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@DJ-Lafleur said:

I'm not sure about that. What companies are actually committing bad, serious acts against people?

I don't know about this year, but BoA does not have the best record. Walmart is well known for how it treats its workers. And Abercrombie and Fitch is rather public about their discriminatory attitude towards customers and hiring employees. And Comcast and ATT have had their own public issues.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Lets all vote for Microsoft or EA

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PurpleMan5000

@speak_low said:
@mems_1224 said:

Gamers are disgusting people sometimes.

lol they are. EA is not even close to the worst company in America

These nerds are very good at pressing the Left Mouse Button to vote on things without thinking.

And all of them who voted EA will be buying EA games in the next couple years anyways, and watching EA trailers this E3. There should be a way to deliver a mild electrical shock if they ever click on an EA trailer again

I think Nintendo is a joke right now and they aren't even close to the worst company.

This is also why we don't let readers vote on Awards shows. You get stupid results

Well, Nintendo is not an American company, so they wouldn't be eligible. Plus, they have some of the best customer service I have ever encountered, so it would be pretty surprising to me if they made a bracket like this even if they were an American company.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Nominated does not mean anything.

I also like how Microsoft, and the top 2 cell phone carriers, along with General Motors are on that list. I also like how EA is always the only game company/division on the list every time as well. I though people hated Activision?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SolidTy

@lostrib said:

@SolidTy said:
@lostrib said:

@SolidTy said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

please explain

Well the second link, has some possible legitimate concerns but quite a bit is just crap. It is a myth that monsanto goes around suing farmers whose crops have been crosspolinated with GMO crops. And the Monsanto protection bill was completely blown out of proportion of what it actually does.

You seem to know a lot about Monsanto and my only intent was to provide information on who they are and why some people don't like them. I don't have a strong opinion of them because I haven't done my due diligence over the years on them, but I have heard what people say about them. That is also why I didn't list any companies in my first post. You are beyond wanting to know what Monsanto is and are interested in a Monsanto discussion which I can understand. Unfortunately, that should be fielded by the person who actually brought their strong anti Monsanto opinions to this thread, which wasn't me. I just dropped two quick links from google real quick in hopes you would look into Monsanto more.

I wish I could engage you more, but I don't have a lot of information on Monsanto personally. It's possible what you say is right or not...I wouldn't know. I'm not an anti monsanto crusader. Still, I appreciate the information you gave me on them. Maybe one day I'll research them. :)

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

There's worst companies out there than EA like Wells Fargo and Radio Shack whom are douchebags to their customers and employees. I have no idea why M$ is up there since they pay extremely well and Comcast may suck for the customer support employees but from what I hear the techs/cable guys actually enjoy it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib

@SolidTy said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidTy said:

You seem to know a lot about Monsanto and my only intent was to provide information on who they are and why some people don't like them. I don't have a strong opinion of them because I haven't done my due diligence over the years on them, but I have heard what people say about them. That is also why I didn't list any companies in my first post. You are beyond wanting to know what Monsanto is and are interested in a Monsanto discussion which I can understand. Unfortunately, that should be fielded by the person who actually brought their strong anti Monsanto opinions to this thread, which wasn't me. I just dropped two quick links from google real quick in hopes you would look into Monsanto more.

I wish I could engage you more, but I don't have a lot of information on Monsanto personally. It's possible what you say is right or not...I wouldn't know. I'm not a anti monsanto crusader. Still, I appreciate the information you gave me on them. Maybe one day I'll research them. :)

I understand. I'm not really pro-monsanto, because they do seem kind of shady. But a lot of the time the reasons people give for hating them are not even true. Same with GMOs in general

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Watching this video gave me some perspective on EA.

I wouldn't rate them as THE WORST company of the year. But they're certainly up there if we were to have a worst video game company category.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PurpleMan5000

@lostrib said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@DJ-Lafleur said:

I don't know about this year, but BoA does not have the best record. Walmart is well known for how it treats its workers. And Abercrombie and Fitch is rather public about their discriminatory attitude towards customers and hiring employees. And Comcast and ATT have had their own public issues.

I guess it just depends on what you mean by "bad" and "serious". Bank of America is an awful company. I don't understand why anyone would bank there. They have awful customer service and charge fees for everything. I think that saying they single-handedly caused the housing crisis, or that they are evil, is a bit much, though. The US government should have let them go bankrupt and left it at that, imo.

I'm sure every company on the bracket has some type of questionable treatment of employees or customers. As far as video game publishers go, EA is probably the worst. It looks like the bracket tried to get companies from a variety of industries, so I really can't complain about EA being listed. Obviously, their customers hate them or they wouldn't have won this thing two years in a row.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lostrib
@TigerSuperman said:

I also like how Microsoft, and the top 2 cell phone carriers, along with General Motors are on that list. I also like how EA is always the only game company/division on the list every time as well. I though people hated Activision?

Yeah, but they've actually "won" the Award twice

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Even as far as publishers go EA isn't even the worst. Activision is waaaaaaaaaaay worse and more disgusting. Gamers are stupid.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SolidTy

@lostrib said:

@SolidTy said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidTy said:

I wish I could engage you more, but I don't have a lot of information on Monsanto personally. It's possible what you say is right or not...I wouldn't know. I'm not an anti monsanto crusader. Still, I appreciate the information you gave me on them. Maybe one day I'll research them. :)

I understand. I'm not really pro-monsanto, because they do seem kind of shady. But a lot of the time the reasons people give for hating them are not even true. Same with GMOs in general

Oh yeah, that's true for most opinion pieces I've read. I always take it with a grain of salt and look at the data because usually it's been misinterpreted, sometimes on purpose so the writer can get hits or they are simply stupid. I agree with you though.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TigerSuperman

@lostrib said:
@TigerSuperman said:

Yeah, but they've actually "won" the Award twice

Yeah but where are they getting to nominates from? The first (or was it second) everyone wanted t hang activision and they were not nominated at all.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#38 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Wait, didn't McDonald's "win" last time?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PurpleMan5000

@nintendoboy16 said:

No, it was EA.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#40  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@SolidTy said:

They don't deserve the title "worst company" in comparison to oil/bank/pharmaceutical/etc companies (I've said this twice two years before), but EA is pretty goddamn terrible gaming publisher. Activision is awful too, and SADLY these companies are shaping the gaming landscape.

But it's tradition.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TigerSuperman

@nintendoboy16 said:

No EA won lat time. Mcdonalds was third.

My 2nd predicition:

No one matters except At&t

At&t will destroy Microsoft

At&T will be close with Verizon for awhile, and then Verizon will pull ahead because of shitty hidden fees and only wanting their own phones on their network, and no support for international phones. Also shitty CS.

Verizon will shit on Comacast.

Verizon will end up

Verizon will beat target despite the recent issues.

Verizon will battle EA, EA will win because EA will have more angry gamers voting than Verizon users voting because 1/2 of the Verizon users will spend this polls whole entire time trying to get CS to fix their connection problems, get rid of unknown fees, or to just randomly curse out Verizons customer service. So EA will win by default.

My first prediction is more realistic, but the voters in these polls are not realistic. But it involves Bank of America battling out Chase, which would be the match up that would make sense. With Chase winning at the end.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

As much as I hate EA.....this is bullshit

How about the companies THAT ACTUALLY RUIN LIVES AND KILL PEOPLE? (Oil and Banks)

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TigerSuperman

@Jankarcop said:

How about the companies THAT ACTUALLY RUIN LIVES AND KILL PEOPLE? (Oil and Banks)

I don't think your parents told you the story..When Trip Hawkins left to form 3DO because he went on a murder spree, killed 5 people, and then left before they found enough evidence. But then, he killed everyone at 3DO and now hides with drug cartel Digital Chocolate. The send drug delievery instructions hidden in bad breakout clones for IOS.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I actually work for one of the companies on the list. I won't say which one, but whatever. I realize big corporate companies are not held in the most favorable light, especially when you service millions of customers. But yeah, EA shouldn't even be on there. It's a game company that has little impact on the well-being on everyday life.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Facebook is a bad company? Am I missing something? And why didn't Activision make the list if EA did??

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TigerSuperman

@RoccoHout said:

Facebook is a bad company? Am I missing something? And why didn't Activision make the list if EA did??

Activision did not make the list two times ago when they were called ut in almost every news report.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Jankarcop said:

Oil and banks primarily save people.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I'll say what I always say. There are companies out there that destroy lives, the environment so on and so fourth. This has just become one big joke.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Jankarcop said:

They also kill people. I'm sure that is worse than making DLC.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Jankarcop said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Jankarcop said:

They also kill people. I'm sure that is worse than making DLC.

But they enrich and save far more life's. My friend, this is a poor argument.

A hipster argument.