EA micro transactions in all our games!

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

Give us your moneyz, this is why I didn't buy Dead Space 3 as I presumed it will be a slippery slope, but its ok it doesn't affect the game oh year how long will that last, now que Crapcom, Activison and sega et al. following suit.

Linkage

Greedy_Bastards.bmp

#2 Posted by EPaul (9917 posts) -

This makes me have some trepidation for next gen, what new ways are publishers going to screw gamers over for more money.

#3 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Bye EA! It's been fun.
#4 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

QQ

It's simple don't like it, don't buy it.

Like it? Man up and buy it.

#5 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Meh...it wont bother me. Just ignore it and keep playing the game you would normally.
#6 Posted by CanYouDiglt (8227 posts) -
Sadly it works. People will spend tons on that crap.
#7 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

This holiday season, prepare your bodies for an all new way to pay!

Per Per Bullet, coming to a Battlefield 4 near you.

#8 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]Meh...it wont bother me. Just ignore it and keep playing the game you would normally.

The thing is, they will try to implement the system to get people into microtransaction aka. shove it down our throat, gradually the game will be built upon that idea, not to mention pay to win etc, don't think you can ignore at that point.
#9 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

ChubbyGuy40
.99 per reload!
#10 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -
All the major pubs have been doing it for ages, and if anyones really to blame for frivilous microtransactions its silly korean free mmo's.
#11 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="campzor"]Meh...it wont bother me. Just ignore it and keep playing the game you would normally.

The thing is, they will try to implement the system to get people into microtransaction aka. shove it down our throat, gradually the game will be built upon that idea, not to mention pay to win etc, don't think you can ignore at that point.

ill try my damn hardest to avoid it... there is NO way i will be paying for micro transactions. They can try all they want.
#12 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

rjdofu

.99 per reload!

$10 to instantly unlock every upgrade for one class! Oh wait that's already here.

$1 for temporary invulnerability in your tank/helicopter.

Pay Per Voip mandatory

#13 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

QQ

Rockman999
It's not that simple, they've replaced cheats with payedments and wtf movie is your sig from"
#14 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="campzor"]Meh...it wont bother me. Just ignore it and keep playing the game you would normally.

ill try my damn hardest to avoid it... there is NO way i will be paying for micro transactions. They can try all they want.

Of course you'll be the main factor since you're the one who decide, me neither, never pay a dime microtransaction in my gaming life, because I'm not very competitive and more of a single player guy. However, I can imagine cheesing my way through the game because the damn greedy bastard reduce the drop rate to encourage microtransaction. Also, if you're into multiplayer, either pay more or prepare to rage quit.
#15 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

but but bg companies need teh moneys! :cry:

i remember arguing in this very forum when dead space 3 came out that it was the beggining of big companies screwing gamers even more, it will be a matter of time where every single decent stuff in our games will be sold at a price and not obtainable by other means, and we all know how fast companies corss the line, specially greedy bastards like EA, rip decent gaming :( yet there are some people who defend these kind of disgusting business

#16 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]Meh...it wont bother me. Just ignore it and keep playing the game you would normally.rjdofu

not to mention weapons in games, levels characters, companies will cross that line very soon

remember when you got that awesome weapon by defeating that difficult boss? well not anymore, you now pay for it!

#17 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="campzor"]Meh...it wont bother me. Just ignore it and keep playing the game you would normally.Krelian-co

not to mention weapons in games, levels characters, companies will cross that line very soon

remember when you got that awesome weapon by defeating that difficult boss? well not anymore, you now pay for it!

Yep, remember the time when we could actually unlock character in fighting games? DLC fvcking ruined it, now we have this little sh!t, in combined with DLC. What's next? Microtransaction for more special moves, or instant power up?
#18 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

If any one has played dead space 3, its actually not that bad, it's more scary than anythign as you start out playing it doesn't look like you'll be able to unlock anything in a reasonable amount of time. But once you start finding stuff the blue prints become possible to build and you barely even care about the rate you gain stuff.

#19 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

If any one has played dead space 3, its actually not that bad, it's more scary than anythign as you start out playing it doesn't look like you'll be able to unlock anything in a reasonable amount of time. But once you start finding stuff the blue prints become possible to build and you barely even care about the rate you gain stuff.

savagetwinkie

indded in dead space 3 is not that bad but the fact is it was their first or at least one of the first attempts at charging micro transactions in an already full retail game so it wasn't a good idea to just push it too far yet, but we know companies and specially ones like EA will cross the line eventually, they are already are looking at it with dead space 3.

#20 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

Krelian-co

indded in dead space 3 is not that bad but the fact is it was their first or at least one of the first attempts at charging micro transactions in an already full retail game so it wasn't a good idea to just push it too far yet, but we know companies and specially ones like EA will cross the line eventually, they are already are looking at it with dead space 3.

ughh dead space 1 and dead space 2 had the same type of content packs, the only difference is a I think you can buy these repeatedly and apply them to each save instead of having just unlocked content for your account.
#21 Posted by Jebus213 (10005 posts) -
What happen to cheat codes?
#22 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

savagetwinkie

ughh dead space 1 and dead space 2 had the same type of content packs, the only difference is a I think you can buy these repeatedly and apply them to each save instead of having just unlocked content for your account.

not true at all , i have bought the dead space 3 dlc packages and can use it on three different psn profiles , its no microtransaction but simple add on pack
#23 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

All the major pubs have been doing it for ages, and if anyones really to blame for frivilous microtransactions its silly korean free mmo's.razgriz_101

Still those games are free I buy a game I don't want Micro transactions shoved in my face.

#24 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

What happen to cheat codes?Jebus213

This I remeber on Dead Space one there was a one time cheat code to start with 10 nodes, unfortunatley this wont be the case any more.

#25 Posted by the-obiwan (3747 posts) -

QQ

Rockman999

not the solution to the problem im afraid :/

#26 Posted by icygangsta (2897 posts) -
Lame, no matter how they try to cloak it. Unfortunately some companies do things of this nature and DLC well. They do the premise justice. I feel like EA is not one of them.
#27 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -
All the major pubs have been doing it for ages, and if anyones really to blame for frivilous microtransactions its silly korean free mmo's.razgriz_101
Thing is though in FTP games, microtransactions are the only way for the devs to make money. I hate the fact thats its in a £40 game. They make you pay upfront then ask you to pay more once you get into the game.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#28 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30811 posts) -
*sigh* I'm hyped for sim city but don't want to give EA my money or use Origin. I must resist ....
#29 Posted by Jebus213 (10005 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]What happen to cheat codes?True_Chaos_UK

This I remeber on Dead Space one there was a one time cheat code to start with 10 nodes, unfortunatley this wont be the case any more.

Well on PC there are hacks and stuff if you want to cheat.
#30 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

i can understand micro transactions in a free game, but in a game that already is full retail price, just lol.

#31 Posted by icyseanfitz (2493 posts) -

well this seems like a good idea :roll: ea can **** right off 

#32 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Publicly owned companies exist to make money. So whelp, it's going to happen, and probably get more 'creative' for better or worse.
#33 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

[QUOTE="True_Chaos_UK"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]What happen to cheat codes?Jebus213

Well on PC there are hacks and stuff if you want to cheat.

Its not that I want to cheat its just It was helpful thing for your hardest play through, level up the plasma cutter a little not feel to guilty about it. I'll miss that sort of thing.

#34 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Games are supposed to be an escape from reality. That has become increasingly difficult to accomplish with all these microtransactions and DLCs these days. 

#35 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

Publicly owned companies exist to make money. So whelp, it's going to happen, and probably get more 'creative' for better or worse.skrat_01

I bet not all publishers pull this stunt low, just the usual suspects.

#36 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

There is a big difference in having microtransactions in a FTP model than a $60 retail game, if you can't see the difference.... Oh and in before "They're just a business" No they're just F^&%ing C*&^$s

FIY I said this was going to happen, that EA would keep pushing till it was like Final Fantasy All the Braviest, but nobody listened.

#37 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -

Games are supposed to be an escape from reality. That has become increasingly difficult to accomplish with all these microtransactions and DLCs these days. 

Vari3ty

most of the time dlc is not really needed to enjoy games (especially from THQ , Capcom and yes EA),

borderlands , fallout , elder scrolls type of DLCs of course are needed to have the full experience

#38 Posted by Puckhog04 (22814 posts) -

Yea, the only way micro transactions work is if the game is F2P. In all games? Just ridiculous.

#39 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Publicly owned companies exist to make money. So whelp, it's going to happen, and probably get more 'creative' for better or worse.

This is a brain dead argument, viruses exist to make you sick but I don't see you telling the doctor to hold off. Making money is a catch all phrase or noble indure just because they exist to make money doesn't mean they have to be C&^%s while doing it.
#40 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Publicly owned companies exist to make money. So whelp, it's going to happen, and probably get more 'creative' for better or worse.True_Chaos_UK

I bet not all publishers pull this stunt low, just the usual suspects.

True not all do, though they're not in nearly as much of a position to generate bad PR I imagine, and I bet they don't share the same culture. I mean hell, you look at a company like SEGA and how they've had Creative Assembly make tremendous amounts of DLC for their games, or the ghost of former THQ with their titles - and yet people weren't nearly as enraged, and were generally not fussed. Guess it boils down to execution and invasiveness, and it surprises me that EA don't see the long term damage it'll do, I imagine they're trying to get the best returns for the annual financial releases, and try lift that share price up a little more. Again and again.
#41 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -
What happen to cheat codes?Jebus213
They're still there you just have to pay for them.
#42 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shielder7"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Publicly owned companies exist to make money. So whelp, it's going to happen, and probably get more 'creative' for better or worse.

This is a brain dead argument, viruses exist to make you sick but I don't see you telling the doctor to hold off. Making money is a catch all phrase or noble indure just because they exist to make money doesn't mean they have to be C&^%s while doing it.

Eh? I'm not saying 'oh that's a bad thing, they're out to get you and take your money how greedy' - it's a fact, they exist to generate profit, and often enough that means we get some great stuff out of them. Without the financial investment and support we wouldn't see half the IPs they assemble, or even the odd or rare big creative risk. The other side of the coin is well, stuff like this, and as you said not being ****s while doing it.
#43 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Shielder7"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Publicly owned companies exist to make money. So whelp, it's going to happen, and probably get more 'creative' for better or worse.

Eh? I'm not saying 'oh that's a bad thing, they're out to get you and take your money how greedy' - it's a fact, they exist to generate profit, and often enough that means we get some great stuff out of them. Without the financial investment and support we wouldn't see half the IPs they assemble, or even the odd or rare big creative risk. The other side of the coin is well, stuff like this, and as you said not being ****s while doing it.

yeah, im happy to support games i like with DLC because it helps them to make more of them , even if i get just a cool looking skin in return , i could waste the same money on beer , cake or cigarettes and get a shorter enjoyment :D at the end its like any other product. if you cant afford it get a job or deal with it
#44 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Shielder7"] This is a brain dead argument, viruses exist to make you sick but I don't see you telling the doctor to hold off. Making money is a catch all phrase or noble indure just because they exist to make money doesn't mean they have to be C&^%s while doing it.AmnesiaHaze

yeah, im happy to support games i like with DLC because it helps them to make more of them , even if i get just a cool looking skin in return , i could waste the same money on beer , cake or cigarettes and get a shorter enjoyment :D at the end its like any other product. if you cant afford it get a job or deal with it

There is a difference between can't afford it and not wanting to throw your money away on a grinding feature put into a game you already paid for to get more money out of you. I'm cool with microtransactions in FTP games, I'll even drop a few dollars here and there in them to support it, but for a game that already cost 60$ GTF!

Also anyone who supports this is either working for EA or has the financial responsibility of a 6 year old

#45 Posted by mariokart64fan (20533 posts) -

do not forget 

$69.99 football games each year now , who knows they might make everyone pay a dollar for each team they want in the game haha -micro transactions any one   so if the price is 59.99 they may make you pay 10 for teams to be unlocked haha good riddens probably the 2 main reasons ea said what they said about wiiu lol 

#46 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

Knew this would happen. Any money grabbing that gamers support in any way becomes the norm and eventually everyone will  just follow suit. Once the publishers decide they need even more money, they will just think of some new way to screw people over. I really won't be surprised if SP games start to have long grinds that will be annoying so the player will buy a shortcut DLC just to skip over it.

#47 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="skrat_01"] Eh? I'm not saying 'oh that's a bad thing, they're out to get you and take your money how greedy' - it's a fact, they exist to generate profit, and often enough that means we get some great stuff out of them. Without the financial investment and support we wouldn't see half the IPs they assemble, or even the odd or rare big creative risk. The other side of the coin is well, stuff like this, and as you said not being ****s while doing it.Shielder7

There is a difference between can't afford it and not wanting to throw your money away on a grinding feature put into a game you already paid for to get more money out of you. I'm cool with microtransactions in FTP games, I'll even drop a few dollars here and there in them to support it, but for a game that already cost 60$ GTF!

Also anyone who supports this is either working for EA or has the financial responsibility of a 6 year old

well its just preference , you cant say its right or wrong to purchase DLC , if i spent 60$ already why not add a 10$ extra to get new stuff provided i like the game, if you say you could afford then it means you dont want it (enough)

#48 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

Knew this would happy. Any money grabbing that gamers support in any way becomes the norm and eventually everyone will  just follow suit. Once the publishers decide they need even more money, they will just think of some new way to screw people over. I really won't be surprised if SP games start to have long grinds that will be annoying so the player will buy a shortcut DLC just to skip over it.

BPoole96
In other words paying for cheat codes and re spawns on the horizon.
#49 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -
well its just preference , you cant say its right or wrong to purchase DLC , if i spent 60$ already why not add a 10$ extra to get new stuff provided i like the game, if you say you could afford then it means you dont want it (enough)AmnesiaHaze
If you cannot see the principle, and how this is going to affect the game in a negative way through your cloud smoke of arrogance we have nothing more to discuss.
#50 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Knew this would happy. Any money grabbing that gamers support in any way becomes the norm and eventually everyone will  just follow suit. Once the publishers decide they need even more money, they will just think of some new way to screw people over. I really won't be surprised if SP games start to have long grinds that will be annoying so the player will buy a shortcut DLC just to skip over it.

Shielder7

In other words paying for cheat codes and re spawns on the horizon.

We're already there

And The War Z makes you wait an hour to spawn again if you die unless you pay them money. You also lose any gear that you bought with real money for your character when he dies.

And let's not forget Capom selling Asura's Wrath "True Ending" as DLC