EA is worse than Activision

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Sledgehammer117
Sledgehammer117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sledgehammer117
Member since 2011 • 298 Posts

Ok I am going to take the things that actually matter into account here. I don't care who got fired from where or what stupid comments Bobby Kotick made. These things don't effect me, the consumer. But alot of things that EA does effect the consumer. Here's a list:

Activision:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual Releases

EA:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual releases

- The destuction of the Command and Conquer franchise

- Scattered DLC ( If I want everything in DA2 I have to buy other EA games and pre order from about 4 different shops and buy about 3 different editions )

- Day 1 DLC

- Online Passes

- EA clone whatever is popular ( Resident Evil, Bioshock, COD, Guitar Hero ) and don't innovate

- The CEO thinks that single player games are finished ( Bad news for Bioware fans such as myself )

Discuss

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Last I checked Activision is responsible for running many series into the ground. Including CoD.
Sledgehammer117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sledgehammer117

Last I checked Activision is responsible for running many series into the ground. Including CoD. millerlight89

As EA did with Command and Conquer and Medal of Honor

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

DLC and annual releases,don't really affect anyone who doesn't like them (which would be 4 of your points). Don't want them, don't buy them, it's not like you're forced to.

The CEO thinks that single-player ONLYgames are finished, there's a difference. As showed by Dead Space 2, it's not a big deal.

You can't blame them for the online pass, they have the right to protect themselves from the used market.

And about "cloning", that's pretty much what every company does, as long as the games are good, it's not an issue.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

WTF............dejavu?:?

Quake2islegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Quake2islegend
Member since 2011 • 117 Posts
EA is much worse yes.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

DLC and annual releases,don't really affect anyone who doesn't like them (which would be 4 of your points). Don't want them, don't buy them, it's not like you're forced to.

The CEO thinks that single-player ONLYgames are finished, there's a difference. As showed by Dead Space 2, it's not a big deal.

You can't blame them for the online pass, they have the right to protect themselves from the used market.

And about "cloning", that's pretty much what every company does, as long as the games are good, it's not an issue.

IronBass

Well said.

milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

I think they are just about the same as evil corporations go.

Sledgehammer117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sledgehammer117

For you TC.

EddieTheHead84

Great so you couldn't counter any of my points and therefore you admit that I have more evidence of EA being worse

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Ok I am going to take the things that actually matter into account here. I don't care who got fired from where or what stupid comments Bobby Kotick made. These things don't effect me, the consumer. But alot of things that EA does effect the consumer. Here's a list:

Activision:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual Releases

EA:

- Overpriced DLC(Most their DLC is well priced)

- Annual releases(Only with sports games, which is the status quo)

- The destuction of the Command and Conquer franchise ( :? )

- Scattered DLC ( If I want everything in DA2 I have to buy other EA games and pre order from about 4 different shops and buy about 3 different editions ) (meh)

- Day 1 DLC (many do this, still very bad and I will give you this)

- Online Passes (I support this, online infastucture cost $$$ to maintain. the studio should by default get some of your money if you buy used)

- EA clone whatever is popular ( Resident Evil, Bioshock, COD, Guitar Hero ) and don't innovate (what, are you serious :lol: )

- The CEO thinks that single player games are finished ( Bad news for Bioware fans such as myself ) (most games benifite from multiplayer, look at U2. extends replay value)

Discuss

Sledgehammer117

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Last I checked Activision is responsible for running many series into the ground. Including CoD. Sledgehammer117

Yet you didn't put any of the games Activision **** up. Why is that?

Sledgehammer117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sledgehammer117

[QUOTE="Sledgehammer117"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Last I checked Activision is responsible for running many series into the ground. Including CoD. millerlight89

COD is still a great series

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

Sledgehammer117

here you go, you'l need it

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

Sledgehammer117

CoD is an "ok" series now. It use to be great and it gets worse every year. What about GH? They totally **** that series. By the way "overpriced dlc" is not evidence, that is an opinion bro.What does EA copy? I'm pretty sure Activision rips other games off as well.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

EA still aren't churing out yearly releases that are barely changed or updated. They are just casualizing all their games for the mainstream. I don't think EA could ever be "as bad" as Activision.

Sledgehammer117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sledgehammer117

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] Yet you didn't put any of the games Activision **** up. Why is that?

millerlight89

CoD is an "ok" series now. It use to be great and it gets worse every year. What about GH? They totally **** that series. By the way "overpriced dlc" is not evidence, that is an opinion bro.What does EA copy? I'm pretty sure Activision rips other games off as well.

COD is a great series. Review scores, sales and time spent online prove this. GH was good until Acti F'd it up il give you that but EA just added more fuel to the fire by creating Rock Band because they are just not innovative. And Im sorry but Activision has done nothing as bad as EA runing the C&C series.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] Yet you didn't put any of the games Activision **** up. Why is that?

millerlight89

Don't forget Tony Hawk, it is so dead.:lol:

Sledgehammer117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sledgehammer117

EA still aren't churing out yearly releases that are barely changed or updated. They are just casualizing all their games for the mainstream. I don't think EA could ever be "as bad" as Activision.

foxhound_fox

So Fifa, Madden and other EA Sports games are all incredibly different to the previous ones ??

EddieTheHead84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EddieTheHead84
Member since 2011 • 2131 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

COD is a great series. Review scores, sales and time spent online prove this. GH was good until Acti F'd it up il give you that but EA just added more fuel to the fire by creating Rock Band because they are just not innovative. And Im sorry but Activision has done nothing as bad as EA runing the C&C series.

WTF are you talking about? Rock Band was very innovative. It first had the drums and microphone and the pro instruments in RB3 are great.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

Let's add Tony Hawk as mitu123 just pointed out. A company doesn't have to be innovative to be good. You do know there have been music games before Guitar Hero and Rockband...right? Last I checked Rock Band was still alive. So they must have done a much better job than Guitar hero, in fact, I know they did.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
EA supports IPs. Activision kills them. Huge difference.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

Yes... EA is terrible, I hate Bioware and Dice.

I hate how EA who has been apart of the command and conquer franchise for over 11 years constantly releasing solid AAA-AA titles are blamed for the A ranked game last year and completely ruined the franchise.

I hate the lack of innovation of the studios...

I hate that DA2 got casualized, the movement from ME1 to ME2 to make it more action-based wasn't EA fault but the attempt to change from DA1 to DA2 was completely their fault.

I also hate how they offer all these preorder bonuses to different companies, no one has ever done that before and has the right too.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 millerlight89

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

So Fifa, Madden and other EA Sports games are all incredibly different to the previous ones ??

Sports games =/= FPS franchises.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
EA will never be able bad as Activision.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

COD is a great series. Review scores, sales and time spent online prove this.

Sledgehammer117

All that proves is that it is popular. WiiSports sold well too, but it definitely wasn't a great game. If CoD really were "great" people would have refused to buy the new iterations and just have kept playing CoD4 all this time.

Sledgehammer117

Is that the entirety of EA's game offerings? I said Activision did it with all their games. I never said EA didn't do it.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
EA hates familes. Anyone using the same console has to pay for DLC seperately.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

EA carsx more about their customers more than Activision even though they do stupid things to their customers at times.. From what I heard Activsion has little customer support. EA cares a lot more than Activision about their franchises. They also provide many benefits for their workers.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Activision:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual Releases

EA:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual releases

- The destuction of the Command and Conquer franchise

- Scattered DLC ( If I want everything in DA2 I have to buy other EA games and pre order from about 4 different shops and buy about 3 different editions )

- Day 1 DLC

- Online Passes

- EA clone whatever is popular ( Resident Evil, Bioshock, COD, Guitar Hero ) and don't innovate

- The CEO thinks that single player games are finished ( Bad news for Bioware fans such as myself )

Discuss

Sledgehammer117

COD was a clone of Medal of Honor by the way. Anyway let's look at some games Activision has ruined... Guitar Hero, COD, Tony Hawk, etc... I could go back in time too but I'll leave it at that. I can't think of one innovative thing EA or Activision has done in the past 6 years. Your bias towards Activision has clouded your vision for the errors of both companies. You can throw Capcom in there as well.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

EA was doing really good, but lately they have been regressing. After Dead Space they began to turn into the EA we all know and hate.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Activision:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual Releases

EA:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual releases

- The destuction of the Command and Conquer franchise, activision destroyed cod...and wolfenstein...and soldier of fortune...and crash bandicoot..and spyro.

- Day 1 DLC

- Online Passes this isnt bad.. i buy all my games brand new so moot point, only for cheapskates who buy used games would complain about this

- EA clone whatever is popular ( Resident Evil, Bioshock, COD, Guitar Hero ) and don't innovate mirrors edge was innovative and dead space is awesome and what is the bioshock 'clone'? also rock band > GH apparently according to reviewers so...

Discuss

Sledgehammer117

*looks at username* ill bite.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 super600  Moderator

Activision:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual Releases

EA:

- Overpriced DLC

- Annual releases

- The destuction of the Command and Conquer franchise, activision destroyed cod...and wolfenstein...and soldier of fortune...and crash bandicoot..and spyro.

- Day 1 DLC

- Online Passes this isnt bad.. i buy all my games brand new so moot point, only for cheapskates who buy used games would complain about this

- EA clone whatever is popular ( Resident Evil, Bioshock, COD, Guitar Hero ) and don't innovate mirrors edge was innovative and dead space is awesome and what is the bioshock 'clone'? also rock band > GH apparently according to reviewers so...

Discuss

campzor

*looks at username* ill bite.

If I remember Crash and Spyro weren't in Activision hands until 2008, but I doubt they destroyed these games and Vivendi destroyed them. Still Activision is insanely evil.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

IronBass

You take a crack at any major competitive EA game that has been currently released? DLC in order to compete online is ridiculous. They might not be "forcing you" to buy it but it's wrecking online communities, just take a look at Fight night champion. Why are they releasing content that should be on the disc and charging for it at release?

The CEO that thinks single-player only games are finished is a moron. What made games like mass effect so great was the length of the single player that made multiplayer not needed. Games like Mass effect and dragon age wouldn't be the games they are today if they had competitive multiplayer components. Online passes is also ludachris, do you remember the good old days of walking into a video store and picking up a game then jumping online? Why should players who buy used copies of games be pennalized? Because the company doesn't think they are getting enough money? It has to do with greed. Gamers should never be forced to play for online passes simply because they buy a used game, it's never been like this until now.

As for "cloning" I disagree. If people are retarded enough to go out and buy the same exact game with a few different gameplay elements then let them but it's killed the guitar hero series and you really think casuals wont eventually get tired of the CoD rehashes? They will eventually. Gamers are going to continue taking it up the butt until they stop supporting these companies.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

EA carsx more about their customers more than Activision even though they do stupid things to their customers at times.. From what I heard Activsion has little customer support. EA cares a lot more than Activision about their franchises. They also provide many benefits for their workers.

super600
EA only started caring about its staff when their union decided to strike or something like that a few years ago.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

tomarlyn

EA only started caring about its staff when their union decided to strike or something like that a few years ago.

Thanks for the info I never knew that.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

I think EA is the lesser of two evils.

And, at least they still put out games I enjoy from time to time.