EA is NOT a bad company

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#151 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
EA is a bad company.clyde46
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
EA: Bad Company 2.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#153 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

EA is a bad company and you're a bad poster shadowmoses.

speedfreak48t5p
I agree with both of these.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
EA: Bad Company 2.rjdofu
:lol:
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#155 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Online passes is enough to make me hate them

They say their big money making games are generic shooters (Medal of Honor, battlefield) and sports game (Fifa ect.), and yet they claim they expect to see themselves on the top of the sales board. I know I read this somewhere in one of their interviews.

I think it's their morals on videogame business that urks me the most. It's all about business and making money, and I know that is the main goal of a business, but it eliminates creative and imaginitive thought, and originality. I wish game developers didn't have to rely on publishers that push unecessary sequels.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#156 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I get the impression from them that if they could get away with it they will rape consumers left and right. And no, not all companies have that vibe. Maybe it was those comments agianst Steam sales, or maybe its their business model with their sports games, but either way it spells that they wish they could produce crappy products and charge more money, and that wish is at the forefront of their minds.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
EA makes people don't understand that decision that will change way how universe work is something more then just color picking. So yea Ea is bad :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA (spoler warning!) in general all publishers are bad, i can see that by looking what Sony doing with LBP, they just limiting possibilities of those series for money
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I agree.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#159 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Sim City is a new EA atrocity though. Like online only saves, you don't own half the game, ton of DLC day 1 that would have probably been part of the game, elevated price.

KungfuKitten

My goodness, and I was hyped for this game...

BARRICADE_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 BARRICADE_28
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts

EA and Activision are greedy garbage corporations who only care about stockholders, not gamers.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Online passes is enough to make me hate them

They say their big money making games are generic shooters (Medal of Honor, battlefield) and sports game (Fifa ect.), and yet they claim they expect to see themselves on the top of the sales board. I know I read this somewhere in one of their interviews.

I think it's their morals on videogame business that urks me the most. It's all about business and making money, and I know that is the main goal of a business, but it eliminates creative and imaginitive thought, and originality. I wish game developers didn't have to rely on publishers that push unecessary sequels.

Yoshi9000

Then you should be hating all the other companies using them.

Not to mention the games like Fifa should be topping the charts, if they werent i'd be thinking something was up.

And morals and buisness are ying and yang, they both dont exist within the same company especially when the company gets bigger, essentially at a certain point a staff member becomes just a clock number and its bout making shareholders happy and line their pockets, its buisness and once people like yourself understand all these people who make games arent charities even the indie devs you'll soon realise its just capitalism at its finest, no point in pushing this 13year old mentality around when you work for a multinational corporation you'll understand the worker is expendable.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

I'll just leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Honestly half this board needs out more if they think EA's a bad company by any stretch of the word...Halliburton and various others are far worse especially banks....

razgriz_101

This makes EA not a bad company.... how exactly?

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Honestly half this board needs out more if they think EA's a bad company by any stretch of the word...Halliburton and various others are far worse especially banks....

Vaasman

theres a lot worse, doing A LOT more damage.

All multinational corporations are bad, filled with bad practices,scandals and terrible middle management its capitalism at its finest.If you hate EA then surely you must loathe bout every other corporation out there because they pull off similar practices in the gaming world lets break it down.

Ubisoft get a free pass yet release AC on a year by year basis.
Sony have been pumping out sequels for their main franchises
Capcom's DLC practices are much worse than EA's

theres more but theres 3 i thought off the top of my head, mainly sony gets a free pass and so does nintendo somehow but everyone else especialyl EA should be villified? nah it just seems like a bunch of muppet college students or teenagers who havent set foot in the big bad world yet...nobody forces one to buy their products but some folks on this board act like they are.. 

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

All multinational corporations are bad, filled with bad practices,scandals and terrible middle management its capitalism at its finest.If you hate EA then surely you must loathe bout every other corporation out there because they pull off similar practices in the gaming world lets break it down.

theres more but theres 3 i thought off the top of my head, mainly sony gets a free pass and so does nintendo somehow but everyone else especialyl EA should be villified? nah it just seems like a bunch of muppet college students or teenagers who havent set foot in the big bad world yet...nobody forces one to buy their products but some folks on this board act like they are.. 

Other companies being bad doesn't exonerate EA......... That's like saying Saddam was a pretty ok guy because Hitler was way worse. Not that these companies are equivalent to genocidal dictators, but I think you know what I mean.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]This makes EA not a bad company.... how exactly?

Vaasman

Other companies being bad doesn't exonerate EA......... That's like saying Saddam was a pretty ok guy because Hitler was way worse. Not that these companies are equivalent to genocidal dictators, but I think you know what I mean.

both were bad, im not saying Ea are not a bad company, but picking on them specifically as the trend seems to be going is not on the other hand considering all the other companies do it, especially capcom if anything capcom's been the worst of the major publishers this gen with their reboots and hairbrained DLC schemes.

EA shouldnt be specifically targeted when the other major publishers are doing it just because its the fad of the day to hate x company.

The blind idiocy of many posts in here justify what i've said, its rules for one and rules for another its another form of more grey area fanboyism and idiocy much like the 3 major faction allegiances in the console world who think x company is looking out for them but really arent.

Meh maybe i've just become more realistic in my older age and just sit down and enjoy the damn game without the elemetry school politics.

Barujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#167 Barujin
Member since 2009 • 308 Posts

Back in my day (before mobile phones could play games, if you can believe that), game companies weren't bad at all. In fact, most of 'em were really good folk. But, with the big money involved in the game industry, those companies caught the attention of power-mongers who just wanted to use 'em to rise to personal glory. Nowadays, they're all greedy jerks. Every cotton-pickin' one of 'em.

Ahem! In all seriousness, I was once an EA fan because they once were a great company. Now, they suck a** along with all of the other big-shots. That's life. Deal with it.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

They're not the worst, but they're far from the best, too.

Their biggest crime (to me) is that they don't publish anything I'd like to play.

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

They ruined Westwood, I'll never forgive them for that.

zeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 zeta
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

I'll just leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Sollet
dat music. lol