EA in trouble?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts

http://www.operationsports.com/news/628519/two-major-ea-executives-sell-major-stock-holdings/

"Andrew Wilson, the Executive Vice President of EA Sports, sold his entire stake in Electronic Arts according to anSEC filing on Thursday. The stock, valued at around $687,000, was Wilson's full allotment of just over 32000 shares of EA stock.

EA's stock has skyrocketed this week after news of two huge exclusive deals with both FIFA and Star Wars being inked to the company for years to come. 

There is no word from EA on Wilson's status with the company at this time -- but one has to wonder what thatwas all about for sure.

UPDATE: A second EA executive, senior vice president and general counsel Stephen Bene has sold a large number of derivative securities (vested options) as well. Stock sales of this type (by senior corporate officers) require immediate disclosure as they can indicate a lack of confidence in a company. 

We'll be on top of this story if anything develops through the weekend."

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

or they might really need money

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Love EA
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Stocks increased and he probably felt that because of that he should cash in. I don't see this as really being news worthy.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
he knows something we dont. which comes to the conclusion that there next big game/games Suck
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

or they might really need money

lostrib
I mean it's smart after what EA posted the last fiscal year, they might just need money
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Stocks increased and he probably felt that because of that he should cash in. I don't see this as really being news worthy.

Legendaryscmt

you are right to a degree. That is how the market works

but if you have inside info of your company that you own millions in and the stocks been at the highest it been.  IF the future looks good wouldn't you keep?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

k2theswiss

but if you have inside info of your company that you own millions in and the stocks been at the highest it been.  IF the future looks good wouldn't you keep?

While I agree that selling all the shares at once makes it seem that something is about to happen, it could just be that he wanted to get rid of them all and goofed in that decision. We'll find out soon if this actually leads to something, but for now I think it's being blown out of proportion.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Hopefully.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Legendaryscmt
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib

Hopefully.

scoots9

you want one of the largest game publishers to go out of business?

Avatar image for xxunnecessaryxs
xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 xxunnecessaryxs
Member since 2013 • 399 Posts
EA can shut down for all I care. Only Lemmings like EA
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib

EA can shut down for all I care. Only Lemmings like EAxxunnecessaryxs

dumb

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho
EA can shut down for all I care. Only Lemmings like EAxxunnecessaryxs
Cool, no MOH, Battlefield, Rockband, Crysis, Mirrors Edge, Need For Speed, Burnout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, for you Cows, enjoy last place ;)
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
People have stocks to make money, why not.
Freeman233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Freeman233
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts
Sony is the one in trouble since they sold three buildings and don't have games.
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"]EA can shut down for all I care. Only Lemmings like EAlocopatho
Cool, no MOH, Battlefield, Rockband, Crysis, Mirrors Edge, Need For Speed, Burnout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, for you Cows, enjoy last place ;)

IPs would get sold to other publishers, they wouldn't disappear.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Hopefully.

scoots9
Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
EA is cool.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"]EA can shut down for all I care. Only Lemmings like EAClock-w0rk

I was responding to "only lemmings like EA". I don't think this j!zznugget speaks for the 99% of PS fans who want those awesome genre topping games ;)

xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xxunnecessaryxs

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"]EA can shut down for all I care. Only Lemmings like EAClock-w0rk

LOL that's okay, Only lemmings and sheep need multiplats. We have exclusives that cover all genres. THANK YOU SONY :)) GO PLAY COD AND SCREAM AT THE OTHER ANGRY 6 YEAR OLD ON XBL
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

EA is cool. ShoulderOfOrion

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Cool, no MOH, Battlefield, Rockband, Crysis, Mirrors Edge, Need For Speed, Burnout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, for you Cows, enjoy last place ;)xxunnecessaryxs

LOL that's okay, Only lemmings and sheep need multiplats. We have exclusives that cover all genres. THANK YOU SONY :)) GO PLAY COD AND SCREAM AT THE OTHER ANGRY 6 YEAR OLD ON XBL

no you don't

xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xxunnecessaryxs

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"][QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

lostrib

no you don't

we pretty much do, dude. Why can't you guys just accept it? It's okay to admit that a console launched a year after yours and still took ahead and got all the best games and pretty much caught up in sales. It's okay. DOn't beat yourselves up about it
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] LOL that's okay, Only lemmings and sheep need multiplats. We have exclusives that cover all genres. THANK YOU SONY :)) GO PLAY COD AND SCREAM AT THE OTHER ANGRY 6 YEAR OLD ON XBLxxunnecessaryxs

no you don't

we pretty much do, dude. Why can't you guys just accept it? It's okay to admit that a console launched a year after yours and still took ahead and got all the best games and pretty much caught up in sales. It's okay. DOn't beat yourselves up about it

after my what?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 locopatho
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] LOL that's okay, Only lemmings and sheep need multiplats. We have exclusives that cover all genres. THANK YOU SONY :)) GO PLAY COD AND SCREAM AT THE OTHER ANGRY 6 YEAR OLD ON XBLxxunnecessaryxs

no you don't

Wii wins in exclusives. FACT. Wii wins in sales, FACT. 360 wins in games. FACT. 360 wins in olnine and pad. FACT. Deal with it brah :cool:
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"]EA can shut down for all I care. Only Lemmings like EAlostrib

dumb

he is a cow,even the real ones are more intelligent.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"]EA can shut down for all I care. Only Lemmings like EATessellation

dumb

he is a cow,even the real ones are more intelligent.

lolz

xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xxunnecessaryxs
[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

no you don't

locopatho

Wii wins in exclusives. FACT. Wii wins in sales, FACT. 360 wins in games. FACT. 360 wins in olnine and pad. FACT. Deal with it brah :cool:

and yet when I say list games all you idiots come out with are halogearsforzapgrfable....all mediocre and milked games. fawk off. PS3 has the most impressive library that appeals to all gamers and there's something for all gamers. People who LIKE games won't settle for 360's 4titles and cod, and most people don't like cartoon rehashes. PS3 is for the CORE GAMERS and If you honestly like EA then I'm not surprised you like MS which is why I said EA is for Lemmings to begin with.
xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xxunnecessaryxs

no you don't

lostrib

after my what?

after the xbox 360
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 locopatho
[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] we pretty much do, dude. Why can't you guys just accept it? It's okay to admit that a console launched a year after yours and still took ahead and got all the best games and pretty much caught up in sales. It's okay. DOn't beat yourselves up about it

and yet when I say list games all you idiots come out with are halogearsforzapgrfable....all mediocre and milked games. fawk off. PS3 has the most impressive library that appeals to all gamers and there's something for all gamers. People who LIKE games won't settle for 360's 4titles and cod, and most people don't like cartoon rehashes. PS3 is for the CORE GAMERS and If you honestly like EA then I'm not surprised you like MS which is why I said EA is for Lemmings to begin with.

If its so obvious then prove it? Oh wait... both Gamespot and Metacritic show 360 having the best library and Wii having the best exclusives... so slvtty b!tchboys like you got nothing to say :(
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] we pretty much do, dude. Why can't you guys just accept it? It's okay to admit that a console launched a year after yours and still took ahead and got all the best games and pretty much caught up in sales. It's okay. DOn't beat yourselves up about itxxunnecessaryxs

after my what?

after the xbox 360

why do i care?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts
Maybe they thought there'd never be a better time to sell shares if the EA / Star Wars license deals helped boost the share value. I really don't see them in trouble though, if anything these licensing deals are going to greatly help them produce some killer titles. If DICE can created a Battlefield / Battlefronts game, man I think that'll be awesome.
xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xxunnecessaryxs

after my what?

lostrib

after the xbox 360

why do i care?

you're the one who responded to my message so you tell me/
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

k2theswiss

this, you don't sell stocks of a company you direct if you have faith in it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] after the xbox 360xxunnecessaryxs

why do i care?

you're the one who responded to my message so you tell me/

Don't care about the 360 or the ps3

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Buy low, sell high...looks fairly straight forward to me. The stockmarket is jammed full of paranoid, headless chickens who run around shouting about the sky falling down at the first sign of rain.