Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I can't really blame them. Their studios are all geared up for AAA budget, multiplatform games that wouldn't really scale down to the Switch. They would need to branch to other developers or spin up their own internal studios to make games that would play well on the Switch. That's a lot of initial investment.

The Switch is also a console that really doesn't directly compete with the PS4/Xbox One anymore. Its got its own library of games pretty much tailor made for the platform and sold to a slightly different audience. I really doubt they would be able to successfully publish games on that platform.

It seems other 3rd party devs are just porting old games to the platform to the best of their ability. Most of the games people are really excited for on the Switch are exclusive games built for the platform with the odd multiplatform game that just makes sense on the Switch (Stardew Valley comes to mind).

So I wouldn't really call it a loss as much as an unnecessary gamble, especially if their profits are fine.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Well, we don't have plans to buy their games so that makes us even.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@techhog89 said:

Their loss.

lol nah. i think ea will do just fine with out it

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

unprecedented partnership

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@metalboi: Evil company lol, it's not EA's fault that Nintendo puts out an underpowered console that can't handle their games without extras resources being used to downgrade every game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I understand why they wouldn't port their AAA franchises, but it's just a lost opportunity to not put sports titles on the Switch.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I like how nobody has waved their dick once at the Switch for not having EA's Early Access on this forum. It's almost as if it was never really that big a deal to begin with. Still, if the Switch continues on its current trajectory, EA will be putting games on it.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

I haven't purchased an EA game since Sega Genesis...it certainly wouldn't affect me either way and if EA hates money it's only their loss.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Screw EA anyway, they lost my biz years ago.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is the first EA title I'll have bought this gen since Mass Effect Andromeda and before that, the launch NFS game on PS4.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Not a huge loss

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Interesting. I have no plans for EA support at the moment. I guess it all works out in the end.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I'd rather have Netflix than EA support.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Enjoyed playing FIFA on the go during my holidays but honestly, couldn't care less.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I think we're at a moment in gaming when this isn't really a big blow to Nintendo. What Switch owner is complaining about a lack of games right now?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

LOL EA......no loss there.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

Personally I’d get their games on the Xbox One however this is disappointing for those who would like to get those games for the Switch. If the Switch continues to sell well and there’s enough demand I’m sure that EA will find a way to bring those games to the system.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@howmakewood said:

unprecedented partnership

Capcom, who has been historically closer to Nintendo than EA ever was, is now pulling the same stunt. *sigh*

Dear third parties, if you want Nintendo out of the industry for how "fascist" they were to you in the "Golden era", admit it, will ya?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Comparing the amount of content and quality one gets in Zelda or Mario without needing to pay extra I can imagine how difficult can be for EA to compete.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts

Well, there's really no reason for me to get any western AAA games on my Switch if I can get it on my XB1 or PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if the market at large reflected the same sentiment.

I imagine other western AAA publishers will also come to see things the same way.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@metalboi: Evil company lol, it's not EA's fault that Nintendo puts out an underpowered console that can't handle their games without extras resources being used to downgrade every game.

EA is one of the worst companies around, of course they can't see what the Switch has to offer. But hey, there lost, at least Switch has other 3rd party support. I admit, I still buy there games but I personally like there games, just don't like there nasty attitudes when they let there big egos get in the way.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

EA is bad. Mass Effect was made in a few months, cause EA wanted money yesterday, before the game existed. And Doom is on the Switch, so devs can make stuff if they have a bit more time.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#27  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Who cares.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

Who cares if one of the largest third party developer supports the Switch.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Not sure who EA is lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@metalboi said:
@AzatiS said:
@i_p_daily said:

You guys are morons if you can't see past this petty war to see a company for what it is. EA and Activision has almost ruined the western gaming industry because they absorb smaller developers. That takes away diversity, variety and creativity, only for making larger companies who hold monopolies stronger to snuff out other devs and potential games.

Stop thinking so small time, and stop supporting evil companies, unless you want to see gaming burn to the ground.

And yet you are so willing to support Nintendo. The irony.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@metalboi said:

@Pedro: If you thought Nintendo was evil, you wouldn't have bought a Switch, which you claim to own. Either way, that makes you a hypocrite.

Point me to where I said any of these companies are evil and you should not support them. I will wait.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@metalboi said:
@Pedro said:
@metalboi said:

@Pedro: If you thought Nintendo was evil, you wouldn't have bought a Switch, which you claim to own. Either way, that makes you a hypocrite.

Point me to where I said any of these companies are evil and you should not support them. I will wait.

You insinuated it when you bolded part of my quote. Stop trolling.

Did I say they were evil? Nope. I just find it ironic you hate on these companies for stifling diversity, variety and creativity but still chant on Nintendo. "Oh! The evil companies, thank god for the angelic Nintendo". LOL. The irony continues.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoboy16

@Pedro: You sure as hell posted as if Nintendo was evil. You even called their success a f***ing CANCER to the industry.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

That's probably a good thing. Their software has become a steaming pile of shit lately, and is only getting worse.

If they can't put lootboxes and microtransaction-fuelled multiplayer into it... what's the point?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

What can they even put on it

• FIFA: failed its first outing on Switch
  • Battlefield, Battlefront: too focused on MP for a system that still has shaky online features
  • Dragon Age: interesting, could work
  • Ass Effect: dead
  • Sim City: dead
  • Medal of Honor: dead
  • Burnout: dead
  • Dead for Speed: dead
  • Dead Dead: Space
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AzatiS

@metalboi said:

No, Nintendo is not evil and trying to milk your ass, let systems die, let systems go into dust collection, delaying epic games to just push next system etc ... Wanna see something official and funny ?

Wii U price

lolol. A dead product refirbished .. official price.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Pedro: You sure as hell posted as if Nintendo was evil. You even called their success a f***ing CANCER to the industry.

I never have made the claim of Nintendo being evil. But they are a cancer in the hardware of consoles. If you consider cancer evil that is your call not mind.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AzatiS

@metalboi said:

@Pedro: Switch and software selling like gangbusters, better third party support than anyone thought possible, two 10 scores in a single year. No wonder you are cranky and afraid right now.

Tell me that in 2020. In 2014 you went nuts as well. People in here were praising Nintendo for being the best ever, dissed PS4/X1 for having no games... what a great year. Then some called Azatis who was warning people left and right to chill and was getting the heat as always, "moron, hater, haha cry " some of the responses.

Now because of 2 great games here we go again. A next-gen console from Nintendo that is a whole generation ahead of SONYs and MSs competing with 4, soon 5 years old consoles... and PS5/X2, the true rivals of Switch are not even out yet, just waiting around the corner. Ooooh boy !

And you wanted for Switch to be called console, daaamn im telling you, will be a blast. Time will come. Take your time, diss everything you can, praise its fine. Thats why we love SW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Idea for EA. Make loot boxes fall from the sky during the match. Easy money!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@metalboi said:

@Pedro: Switch and software selling like gangbusters, better third party support than anyone thought possible, two 10 scores in a single year. No wonder you are cranky and afraid right now.

Oh boy. Being a fanboy is tough. You think that I will be afraid. Afraid of what? No idea. It has the WEAKEST third party support than any of its competitors and is losing a major third party publisher. Their games scores are irrelevant to me because I play games myself not play scores. But, when you are a fanboy all that matters is the stupid concept of "my team is winning". The worst part about such a silly idealogy is you are not part of their team.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

@metalboi said:
@AzatiS said:
@i_p_daily said:

You guys are morons if you can't see past this petty war to see a company for what it is. EA and Activision has almost ruined the western gaming industry because they absorb smaller developers. That takes away diversity, variety and creativity, only for making larger companies who hold monopolies stronger to snuff out other devs and potential games.

Stop thinking so small time, and stop supporting evil companies, unless you want to see gaming burn to the ground.

You should ask your mom for your med's you are bat shit crazy

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#46 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

It doesn't matter which system they support, a lot of people don't like EA.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nintendoboy16

@Pedro said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I never have made the claim of Nintendo being evil. But they are a cancer in the hardware of consoles. If you consider cancer evil that is your call not mind.

But you just BASICALLY implied you did. And how can cancer be anything else BUT evil, given how many DIE from it?

I'm... I'm done! I'm done!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#48 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58890 Posts

It's not an ideal platform to exploit the shit out of you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pedro

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Pedro said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

But you just BASICALLY implied you did. And how can cancer be anything else BUT evil, given how many DIE from it?

I'm... I'm done! I'm done!

Nope. Did not imply anything of a sort. You made that implication and false assumption. Don't blame me if you think a cancer to the industry is EVIL. I am starting to believe that you and your buddy don't quite grasp the meaning of the word.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@metalboi: And yet you've played more than one CoD on your Xbox profile, so practise what you preach, or better yet stop preaching altogether.