Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Wasdie said:

That's an interesting idea. The price is a lot lower than I would expect for such a service. There has to be a big catch to it all.

There is: it's EA.

ofc there will be, but so far we don't know it yet.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

LOL turns out someone on /v/ leaked this shit yesterday, including the "at least two hours" detail.

Six hours max for your demos then?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#103 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Hang on, pay £40 a year for XBL and then pay another £5 a month for an EA sub? **** that.

You don't even get free either games either. What a joke.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Didn't EA say they didn't favor one over the other. What a bunch of fucking liars

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i don't understand the benefits this subscription offers the consumer?

10% off digital content? @ $5/month you've got to buy $50 content/month to break even on that investment.

and i see they mention 4 games, but people in the thread are saying you don't get any games with this sub?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 GrenadeLauncher

Seems like a pretty good time to start your EA boycott if you haven't already, SW. I haven't bought an EA game since Dead Space 3 and I feel fine!

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@FastRobby said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

10% off digital content? @ $5/month you've got to buy $50 content/month to break even on that investment.

and i see they mention 4 games, but people in the thread are saying you don't get any games with this sub?

As long as you pay that 30$ a year, you can play all the games EA puts in their catalog, which they call "Vault". In the beginning it is only FIFA 15, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4 and Madden 14 (Not sure about last one). You don't own these games, but you can play them always, whenever you want, as long as you want. For the price of 30$ a year. So pretty good value.

thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to compose that response. so there is access to games with this sub, makes sense.

that was fast fast robby.

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

EA? No thanks.Only EA games I get are the Bioware titles.

If that's the case, then you should be interested. This service would allow you to play Dragon Age Inquisition a week before it officially comes out on Xbox One.

Copied from the press release: as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later). Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GrenadeLauncher

@genius2365 said:

@yokofox33 said:

If that's the case, then you should be interested. This service would allow you to play Dragon Age Inquisition a week before it officially comes out on Xbox One.

Copied from the press release: as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later). Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Wow, thanks fellow gamer! I can't wait to get my Xbox One and my very own subscription to EA Access so I can have a whole five days early access to a game I've already waited two years for!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#112 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

@genius2365 said:

@yokofox33 said:

Well, that's cool. I'm getting the game for PS4 though.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts
@FastRobby said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

As long as you pay that 30$ a year, you can play all the games EA puts in their catalog, which they call "Vault". In the beginning it is only FIFA 15, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4 and Madden 14 (Not sure about last one). You don't own these games, but you can play them always, whenever you want, as long as you want. For the price of 30$ a year. So pretty good value.

This, and the the beta only has 4 games. When the service launches there will be more, and they will continue to add to it. $30 bucks a year if the titles offered interest you is a great deal. If they don't simply don't pay for the service and wait till a dev who makes games you do like does one similar.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#114 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@shawn30 said:
@FastRobby said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

This, and the the beta only has 4 games. When the service launches there will be more, and they will continue to add to it. $30 bucks a year if the titles offered interest you is a great deal. If they don't simply don't pay for the service and wait till a dev who makes games you do like does one similar.

What I've read is you'll get to play a trial of the new releases days before it's release. I'm guessing it's a VIP membership type thing where you get discounts and such not really free games...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#115 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Wasdie said:

That's an interesting idea. The price is a lot lower than I would expect for such a service. There has to be a big catch to it all.

There is: it's EA.

ofc there will be, but so far we don't know it yet.

No, you misunderstood. I meant the catch is that it's EA lol. That's enough of one for me.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

X1 still won't catch up to ps4 this gen and may even trail the Wii U.

chernoalpha527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By chernoalpha527
Member since 2013 • 169 Posts

@Wasdie:

@Wasdie said:

I have to say it is a pretty attractive deal better than I thought but knowing EA there is probably something else under the hood Im going to wait for more details before I decide to jump on it.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Good to see that everything xbox does is bad while PSnow is considered the holy grail of game streaming, while making PS+ plus subscribers pay per game, per hour. This is not a bad deal for Xbl subscribers, no one pays $60 a year for live anymore, you can find them on ebay for like $30-$40. Another $30 a year for those who are interested in this is not bad at all, better than paying streaming cost per game on non dedicated servers....cough, cough PSNow.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@shawn30 said:
@FastRobby said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

What I've read is you'll get to play a trial of the new releases days before it's release. I'm guessing it's a VIP membership type thing where you get discounts and such not really free games...

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@genius2365 said:

@yokofox33 said:

Wow, thanks fellow gamer! I can't wait to get my Xbox One and my very own subscription to EA Access so I can have a whole five days early access to a game I've already waited two years for!

The same press release:

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

What part of this you don't understand?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By BldgIrsh

@FastRobby said:

@bldgirsh said:

@shawn30 said:
@FastRobby said:

If you read correctly you would see that FIFA 14, Madden 14, BF4 and Peggle 2, are going to be free, and that this list will be expanded. Of course they are not going to add FIFA 15 to this list the day after release, but it could be added after 9-12 months.

So basically you'll get the old games... and a discount for the new games. Like I said a VIP membership.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BldgIrsh

@Salt_The_Fries said:

The same press release:

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

1) It's EA.

2) It's a beta. Who's to say that they'll keep this policy? Sounds to me that IT'S A TRAP.

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

In this thread: Cows crying about EA offering month rentals for $5 while supporting $5 rentals for 1 hour on their subscription service. Cow logic, aka severe butthurt.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Hang on, pay £40 a year for XBL and then pay another £5 a month for an EA sub? **** that.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#127  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

first off, i dont see how ea is going to make money when they are allowing access to new games on the subscription.

and i see this as the death of ps now unless psn now can match the subscription price AND have ea's library licensed out

third...good job ms for securing at least a limited time access to ea service though i think they are shooting themselves in the foot as well with this.

i dont see how this is going to turn out good for the industry but well see

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

I don't know. I'm afraid this could lead to new practices akin to movie studios like Universal or 20th Century Fox charging added subscriptions under services we already pay for, so we have "unlimited access" to their content. I know it's not a direct comparison, since EA gets nothing out of Xbox Live or PSN+ subscriptions, while studios profit in a symbiotic manner with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime and even Vudu (this one could be a bit more of a direct comparison). I'd prefer if different publishers and console makers could come to a common denominator and provide something akin to what we experience with movies. PSN+ is somewhat like that, but in a far smaller scale. Maybe the fear of this being a soft implementation of a business model very different from what;s being now presented is partly because the company behind it is... EA.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

lol @ getting excited to rent shitty EA games on a gimped cable box. Lems have hit a new low.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

The same press release:

1) It's EA.

2) It's a beta. Who's to say that they'll keep this policy? Sounds to me that IT'S A TRAP.

How is it a trap? You're not locked into any contract for a period of time. You don't like the service, simply cancel it.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

This is a good idea to kill off a part of the used game market.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

I find it strange that this service pops up. A few weeks after they tried charging XB1 owners for demo's. Could just be me looking into things a bit to much.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

That's $69 dollars a year...for XBLG games and EA games.

I can get Xbox live gold for 39.99 all day long.

30.00 for this EA shit, which I'll bet there will be deals on.

Depending on what EA offers, this is not a bad thing.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

@kuu2 said:

@Zelda187 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Everyone saying $5 per month, but OP states or $30 a year. Thats $2.50 per month. I know I buy at least one EA published game a year and this would be half the price. I am by no means sold on the idea yet, but I try to remain open minded to things.

EA's servers are notoriously shitty.

I have no interest in paying $5 a month for a service that is going to routinely kick me off line whenever I'm in the middle of playing a game.

You must not pay for PSN+.

Of course not

I'm primarily a PC gamer and have no interest in getting nickeled and dimed by PSN or XBOX Live.

I have a Playstation strictly for exclusives and 3rd party games that aren't available on PC like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, Madden, etc.

What do you do when you want to play online though ?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By BldgIrsh

@FastRobby said:

@bldgirsh said:

@FastRobby said:

@bldgirsh said:

If you read correctly you would see that FIFA 14, Madden 14, BF4 and Peggle 2, are going to be free, and that this list will be expanded. Of course they are not going to add FIFA 15 to this list the day after release, but it could be added after 9-12 months.

So basically you'll get the old games... and a discount for the new games. Like I said a VIP membership.

For free... What were you expecting? 30 dollars a year and all the EA games for free?

So, am I right? Dunno when I said "My god EA should make all games for "free"!!!" Which btw, they aren't free since you are paying a subscription...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ladyblue said:

Lol subscription based gaming.

But isn't PSN+ and PS Now a similar service? Not saying you automatically agree to those, but this doesn't seem new to me, just EA jumping on the bandwagon.

No, they aren't similar.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#137 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

This makes that "glitch" of demos being $4.99 on Xbox One total sense now.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#138 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Sounds like a pretty good deal if you play a few of their games. I expect that the low initial price will not remain though.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

So if you're a fifa/madden/nhl ultimate team junkie, this deal is for you.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Cows trying to bash renting games when that is all PS+ is but at least you know what games you get to rent with the EA thing. The last time I bought a year of PS+ I paid more and many of the months there was nothing I was interested in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

i will give them props for execution. If PSNow adopts a subscription service, it might be less worthless.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

theres really no bashing this. Its not like you need this to play online like ps+/xbl. If your not a Ea fan then don't get it . if you don't like the games then don't get it . nobody is forcing anybody to buy it like Sony and MS with Xbl and ps+

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

From what I understand you are not getting all of EA's games. In fact you are not getting the whole game at all are you? Plus you are paying for EA to upgrade the crappy games every year which if you play Madden, NHL, and NCAA games would be fine but I don't think you are getting those full games either.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#145  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

This kind of thing doesn't usually interest me, but damn that is pretty cheap. For people who are strapped for cash this is great. And unlike PSNow, none of the issues inherant to streaming games will exist, since you can download the full game just as if you had just purchased it. Essentially this is a model that does not realy exist right now, it's getting a lot of people talking. I wouldn''t be interested with the current catalog, but in the future if that list grows I might give it a try. Regardless, if you end up regreting your decision or not to subscribe, we are talking about a 5$ loss here(assuming there is no yearly commitment and you can cancel at any time).

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#146 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

So much butthurt and jelly from cows in this thread. It sounds like an amazing deal, I dislike EA though but even I will wait and see how this pans out, if its all they say it is and good games are on it, oh and if it gets a worldwide release (which it wont) then I will jump all over this.

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

@kuu2 said:

From what I understand you are not getting all of EA's games. In fact you are not getting the whole game at all are you? Plus you are paying for EA to upgrade the crappy games every year which if you play Madden, NHL, and NCAA games would be fine but I don't think you are getting those full games either.

well you are understanding incorrectly.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

So this is better than PSN+.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Lol at all the cows calling this bad, this is an awesome deal. Have fun paying $5 to digitally rent a game for 4 hours, while the people getting this deal pay $5 to digitally rent 4+ games for a month. That logic.

More on topic- this is seriously a great deal, most sports games I get cravings to play for in bursts so this will save me a lot of money.