E3 Lounge: Where Dreams are destroyed and Directs are made! Now with Scorpions™ Live!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1501 Edited by uninspiredcup (26103 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

In fact to some extent Illmatic has made that point before, that Burnout is a racing game, for people who don't like racing games.

That's almost exactly how Yu Suzuki described the concept behind Out Run, which obviously influenced Burnout.

Can't actually find the quote for some reason, which is annoying.

#1502 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -
@jg4xchamp said:

Duh, Champ picked indie games are good. Unlike illmatic shit like transistor. His existence is a fucking insult to one of the best rap albums ever made.

Did this on purpose.

Could have named my account aquemini87, but chose otherwise for this moment.

#1503 Edited by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

@mjorh said:

Btw, that Aztez game looks promising, it's gonna hit steam this summer.

Forgot about this game. Thought the launch trailer meant it was out like this week or something.

Darkest Dungeon's Crimson Court Expansion, Nex Machina and Cryptark (out of Early Access) all come out tomorrow.

#1504 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Time to learn about Vector shapes.

Exciting stuff.

It's all fun and exciting until you have to use the pen tool.

#1506 Edited by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:
@mjorh said:

Btw, that Aztez game looks promising, it's gonna hit steam this summer.

Forgot about this game. Thought the launch trailer meant it was out like this week or something.

Darkest Dungeon's Crimson Court Expansion, Nex Machina and Cryptark (out of Early Access) all come out tomorrow.

It's a beat'em up and I love beat'em ups 😍

And yeah that "launch trailer" is misleading af lol

Gonna grab Darkest Dungeon down the line but i'm not sold on Machina and Cryptark yet

#1507 Edited by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

Yeah. I like hardcore fast-paced character action spectacle fighter hack and slash brawler games.

Nex Machina is made by Housemarque. They make some good shit.

Cryptark has been in Early Access for abit. It's by the Apotheon people, which I didnt play. I heard some good things about Cryptark though from those that have been playing the Early Access build.

Been meaning to give Darkest Dungeon another shot since it got that Radiant mode that makes the latter parts of the game tolerable with less grind/filler and there's mod support for the game now too.

#1508 Edited by uninspiredcup (26103 posts) -

Those locked stages in Street Fighter V kinda pissed me off abit. I don't mind them selling costumes and stuff, actually bought one for Chun Li, because it's Chun li. But waving locked content (literally with a pad lock) in the menu screen gets the salt shaker going.

#1509 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:

Yeah. I like hardcore fast-paced character action spectacle fighter hack and slash brawler games.

Nex Machina is made by Housemarque. They make some good shit.

Cryptark has been in Early Access for abit. It's by the Apotheon people, which I didnt play. I heard some good things about Cryptark though from those that have been playing the Early Access build.

Been meaning to give Darkest Dungeon another shot since it got that Radiant mode that makes the latter parts of the game tolerable with less grind/filler and there's mod support for the game now too.

lol, honestly I prefer the "hack and slash" term but "beat'em up" seems to be better and all-encompassing, and fvck "character action"!

#1510 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

I prefer the term "DMC Reboot-like". It should be named after the best game in the genre.

#1511 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

I prefer the term "DMC Reboot-like". It should be named after the best game in the genre.

#1512 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

And Big Boi was the better half of the Outkast duo.

#1513 Edited by AnthonyAutumns (1553 posts) -

Expect a $5 GTAV soon.

#1514 Posted by DaVillain- (28364 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Dammit man, I thought we were talking about BigBoi, who left us here on GS who just happens to delete is own account. He will be miss :(

#1515 Posted by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

He literally came back as metalslime.

And even as a joke that is insane.

#1516 Posted by AnthonyAutumns (1553 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@illmatic87 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Dammit man, I thought we were talking about BigBoi, who left us here on GS who just happens to delete is own account. He will be miss :(

What do you expect from someone who did something foolish at AskTheMods section.

#1517 Posted by DaVillain- (28364 posts) -

@mjorh: I saw your reply on what I think about Arkham Knight DLC right? Here's what I say.

Nothing really stands out as that great. Batgirl DLC isn't bad, but I don't know if I would call it worth playing. It's an hour of mediocre story and then however long it takes you to find stuff if you're into that. The Harley and Red Hood packs give you just a tiny taste of how they play but then you're done. None of these packs really add anything to the main story, so you're not missing out by skipping them. I won't try to say if skins and race tracks are worth it or not. I can say I feel that Batgirl-Matter of Family was better DLC then both Red Hood & Harley Quinn (my favorite Bat's anti-hero hence my avi/sig) and it's longer then the other 2 DLC and I completed it about 40 minutes minus both Red Hood & Harley Quinn. (All 3 were both completed with none collectibles)

#1518 Posted by Howmakewood (4949 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

He literally came back as metalslime.

And even as a joke that is insane.

oh he had a few accounts inbetween too, davem and something

#1519 Posted by mmmwksil (16422 posts) -

I could never figure out who is who with alt accounts. How the heck do you guys keep this straight in your heads?

#1521 Posted by Wasdie (53500 posts) -

@mmmwksil: I have no idea.

#1522 Posted by AnthonyAutumns (1553 posts) -

@mmmwksil said:

I could never figure out who is who with alt accounts. How the heck do you guys keep this straight in your heads?

Psychologist can do it actually. It's called profiling.

#1523 Posted by Howmakewood (4949 posts) -

@mmmwksil said:

Well some people post the same stuff under different names, it's not exactly hard to spot when they don't even try to hide it

#1524 Posted by Howmakewood (4949 posts) -

Sponge about to school champ on beat em ups, this should be good

#1525 Posted by DrLostRib (3643 posts) -

@anthonyautumns said:
@davillain- said:
@illmatic87 said:
@mems_1224 said:

What do you expect from someone who did something foolish at AskTheMods section.

The System Wars toxicity ?

#1526 Edited by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

@howmakewood said:

Sponge about to school champ on beat em ups, this should be good

poor man's champ against the genuine article.

I thought it was cute when he thought I didn't own a PS4 lol. These corporate goons always need to believe that all of us are like them.

#1527 Posted by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

Definitely a born in 3d gamer.

#1528 Posted by Howmakewood (4949 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: unless you like Japanese games for their anime style you are a "normie gamer", he somewhat reminds me of strongblackvine who has chosen to dedicate his brand love exclusively to gaf

#1529 Posted by DaVillain- (28364 posts) -

@howmakewood said:
@mmmwksil said:

Well some people post the same stuff under different names, it's not exactly hard to spot when they don't even try to hide it

Well goddamn! I had no idea. But then again, I don't notice the same patterns when it comes to who is who but however, NyaDC is always the obvious one's and I already know who he is lol.

#1530 Posted by DrLostRib (3643 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@howmakewood said:
@mmmwksil said:

Well goddamn! I had no idea. But then again, I don't notice the same patterns when it comes to who is who but however, NyaDC is always the obvious one's and I already know who he is lol.

He come back again already?

#1531 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

Some older dude a building over just did the RE4 merchant laugh + thank you. And I don't think he knew it.

#1532 Posted by DrLostRib (3643 posts) -

So annoying when you see your package has arrived at a sorting facility that's an hour or even 20 minutes away and you know you're going to have to wait another day for it to get delivered

#1533 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@mjorh: I saw your reply on what I think about Arkham Knight DLC right? Here's what I say.

Nothing really stands out as that great. Batgirl DLC isn't bad, but I don't know if I would call it worth playing. It's an hour of mediocre story and then however long it takes you to find stuff if you're into that. The Harley and Red Hood packs give you just a tiny taste of how they play but then you're done. None of these packs really add anything to the main story, so you're not missing out by skipping them. I won't try to say if skins and race tracks are worth it or not. I can say I feel that Batgirl-Matter of Family was better DLC then both Red Hood & Harley Quinn (my favorite Bat's anti-hero hence my avi/sig) and it's longer then the other 2 DLC and I completed it about 40 minutes minus both Red Hood & Harley Quinn. (All 3 were both completed with none collectibles)

I see, so I guess I should buy that one

Still bummed out that they didn't take advantage of all the potential that's been there smh

#1534 Posted by Howmakewood (4949 posts) -

@drlostrib: most of the time he even sports some gordon freeman avatar, now he even used it for the alias so that wasnt too hard to spot

#1535 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

Some older dude a building over just did the RE4 merchant laugh + thank you. And I don't think he knew it.

lol

Speaking of RE4, i'm waiting for that HD fan project to be finished to replay it, they've really done a good job.

#1537 Posted by AnthonyAutumns (1553 posts) -

Steam sale will be out in a few days. I hope my weab wishlist gets a good discount.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
#1538 Posted by deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95 (2103 posts) -

Anyone playing ARMS at the moment and wanting to play online? Honestly, the CPUs in this game are much harder than online people (at least at the moment). Took me forever to beat the campaign on what I thought was the equivalent of normal lol.

#1539 Posted by aigis (7353 posts) -

@anthonyautumns: oh ya? Summer Sale soon?

#1540 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34369 posts) -

And Michael Bay proves he's an idiot. Again...

#1541 Posted by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

There is a kid at my other job, who can legally serve, and was born in 98 who I talk games with at work. This mother fuckers first Nintendo console, his first console was the gamecube. Made me feel old.

So what was your first gaming machine+game.

Mine was the SNES with Donkey Kong Country. I'm 99% sure I didn't get my next console till the N64 with Super Smash Bros.

#1542 Edited by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Mine was the SNES with Donkey Kong Country.

that explains so much

#1543 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34369 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

There is a kid at my other job, who can legally serve, and was born in 98 who I talk games with at work. This mother fuckers first Nintendo console, his first console was the gamecube. Made me feel old.

So what was your first gaming machine+game.

Mine was the SNES with Donkey Kong Country. I'm 99% sure I didn't get my next console till the N64 with Super Smash Bros.

Snes with Super Mario World (though it was a bundle)

#1544 Edited by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

that explains so much

I knew you would pounce on that shit, mad quick lol

#1545 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

First console was a hand me down 2600 from my older bro. Probably had about 20 games, but the only ones that I liked were Jungle Hunt, Combat, and Space Invaders.

The first console that I felt was truly my console, and what really solidified my love for the hobby, was the NES + Super Mario Bros. / Duckhunt.

Inb4Yayas and the ball and cup.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#1546 Posted by darkspineslayer (22399 posts) -

@PikminWorld said:

Anyone playing ARMS at the moment and wanting to play online? Honestly, the CPUs in this game are much harder than online people (at least at the moment). Took me forever to beat the campaign on what I thought was the equivalent of normal lol.

Do I even have you on Switch? What's your friend code?

So my first console kind of was a Super Nintendo with Super Mario World and All Stars that I remember playing all the time when I was like 5. Belonged to my parents and eventually it "died" when it needed the pins cleaned and my parents were never very tech savvy. Shame they didn't hang onto it.

The next proper system we had was a gamecube and the first system I ever put my own money down for was an Xbox 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
#1547 Edited by deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95 (2103 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:
@PikminWorld said:

Do I even have you on Switch? What's your friend code?

So my first console kind of was a Super Nintendo with Super Mario World and All Stars that I remember playing all the time when I was like 5. Belonged to my parents and eventually it "died" when it needed the pins cleaned and my parents were never very tech savvy. Shame they didn't hang onto it.

The next proper system we had was a gamecube and the first system I ever put my own money down for was an Xbox 360.

SW-1140-0140-9561. I'm a "3D gamer" but I started out on PC thanks to my dad. My first console was PlayStation (though that was for my sister). My first console was GameCube and from then on I would mostly buy their consoles (as I was usually limited to one console per generation for a while). Had friends who owned the OG Xbox and PlayStation 2 so I have many fond memories with all three systems of that generation. Great systems.

#1548 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:
@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

that explains so much

I didn't even think it was legal to sell a SNES without Super Mario World.

#1549 Posted by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@mems_1224 said:

that explains so much

I didn't even think it was legal to sell a SNES without Super Mario World.

Pretty sure DKC was the big game that year, my dad took me around mad places to finally buy that console. Got the snes at a Sears, back when sears sold video games.

#1550 Edited by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

I remember back when you could walk into a Sears, sit on a comfy ass couch in what was basically a mock living room, and play on a SNES for hours. They'd even have a few games sitting there in the open. I remember going to one that had Mario World, Super Return of the Jedi Empire Strikes Back, and F-Zero, just sitting there for anyone to play.

Then people became stupid, everything had to be locked up, and you can't even go to a kiosk these days without finding a broken controller.

Wtf happened?