E3 2019: Nintendo Direct

• 146 results
#101 Posted by jcrame10 (5058 posts) -

So Luigi’s Mansion 3, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Links Awakening, new Zelda, Banjo in Smash...am I missing anything else important?

#102 Posted by texasgoldrush (12817 posts) -

@mtron32 said:

New Zelda? That's good news

I hope we actually play as Zelda this time.

#103 Edited by uninspiredcup (33229 posts) -

We knew a BOTW sequel was in development before hand and they didn't really show anything of worth.

It was fairly meh.

#104 Posted by m_machine024 (15852 posts) -

Spyro, Asral Chain, NMH3, Luigi Mansion 3, BotW2, Lucky Tale got my interest.

Panzer dragoon needs lots of polish. RE6 maybe if polished too and at low price. Link's Awakening.... on the fence so far.

#105 Edited by Renegade_Fury (20537 posts) -

In for Panzer Dragoon Remake despite it looking shoddy; Astral Chains continues to look fun; A big "NO" from me for 3D Contra; IDGAF about a BOTW2 after how much I hated the first one; and I'm disappointed over how once again Metroid is a no show.

I don't know how I'd rank the conference overall since this is the only one I've watched this E3.

#106 Edited by madrocketeer (6588 posts) -

8/10. A delightful mix of everything. Lots of games to show, decent amount of gameplay, and even a few pleasant surprises. Highlights were Dragon Quest XI, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening remake, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, No More Heroes III and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Animal Crossing getting delayed was a bit of a downer, but the game looked nice. Astral Chain looked properly sweet. Smash Ultimate also got cool Dragon Quest XI and Banjo Kazooie crossovers. A Fire Emblem-style Dark Crystal game and somehow cramming The Witcher 3 into the Switch were pleasant surprises. The big finish with the Breath of the Wild sequel sealed the deal. Doug Bowser's E3 debut was appropriately cute. Awesome show.

#107 Posted by texasgoldrush (12817 posts) -

@madrocketeer said:

That's quite a hefty character pack, unless they're all echo fighters.

Next. Still on Dragon Quest. Already shown at the Square Enix show, but still pretty cool nonetheless.

They are skins probably, III, IV, VIII, and XI's heroes all have the same moveset.

Thats why V's hero isn't playable as he would have a different moveset, despite his game being among the most popular with a movie coming.

#108 Edited by Nike_Air (19286 posts) -

Astral Chain (voice acting sounded bad) and the Zelda games caught my eye , but not much else. It was better than Microsoft's.

#109 Posted by Sollet (8077 posts) -

Nintedo won e3 2019. Hands down.

#110 Posted by ZmanBarzel (1849 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Other new consoles are gonna have that "we are new so we suck" stage and SWITCH is riding high with a solid game cycle and amazing announcements.

New console? The Switch is more than two years old.

#111 Posted by AJuiceMatts (17 posts) -

@zmanbarzel said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Other new consoles are gonna have that "we are new so we suck" stage and SWITCH is riding high with a solid game cycle and amazing announcements.

he is saying the others are new, and with not much to offer, and SWITCH is still going strong

#112 Posted by ZmanBarzel (1849 posts) -

@ajuicematts said:
@zmanbarzel said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

he is saying the others are new, and with not much to offer, and SWITCH is still going strong

Ah! I misread the post. What you say makes much more sense. My apologies, @Bread_or_Decide.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#113 Edited by drummerdave9099 (4084 posts) -

No Switch hardware revisions or new models announced

No Metroid Prime Trilogy

No WiiU ports (Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Windwaker HD, etc)

No announcements for other sequels besides BOTW (Mario Kart 9, Pikmin 4, Paper Mario, etc)

and no Cuphead DLC

I am a little shocked at how few surprises from Nintendo there really were. The Dragon Quest Smash DLC has been predicted for months. Other than Banjo and Zelda there wasn't much. 3rd parties had some atleast- Witcher, Alien Isolation, Spyro, Lucky's Tale, Resident Evil 5 and 6. Edit: Oh and No More Heroes 3

#114 Edited by m_machine024 (15852 posts) -

Why did they even show 3D Contra? Looks like garbage.

#115 Posted by KungfuKitten (26528 posts) -

Wow... Animal Crossing gameplay is looking good.

#116 Posted by enzyme36 (4181 posts) -

Wish I can say there was more I liked here. Just not a fan of Luigis mansion, animal crossing, smash dlc.... a lot of time was spent here. BotW 2 reveal was cool, but seemed like an after thought, and I have a feeling that could be a 3x e3 game.

I would have liked to see a blowout on Fire Emblem which releases next month.

Contra looked rough around the edges, but fun none the less.

No metroid is a disappointment.

Overall: 5 / 10

#117 Posted by Sonicplys (2557 posts) -

Nintendo won E3. They hit it out of the park. Surprise after surprise after surprise. They just showed you why they are the still the standard of excellence in gaming.

Wii da best Maannnnnnnnnn!!!!! LISTEN!!!!!

#118 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (18828 posts) -

Nintendo easily won E3. Great showing.

Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion 3 & Links Awakening looked incredible. Strange we didn't get a release date for LM3 though. A few of the Indie games look great too.

I know most people are excited for BOTW 2 announcement, but I personally would've preferred a Mario Odyssey sequel, or atleast a different Zelda (possibly something alittle less open-worldy).

But overall, great conference.

#119 Posted by madsnakehhh (16408 posts) -

This wasn't half bad at all ... I'm really disappointed by the lack of Metroid and Bayonetta 3 ... But I'm very happy with Banjo and The Hero on Smash, No More Heroes 3 was a nice surprise as well. And of course, BotW 2 was very intriguing (Midna's return it seems) ... Solid presentation and no doubt the best of the bunch.

#120 Posted by robert_sparkes (3012 posts) -

Lack of metroid even the rumoured trilogy remaster is worrying. But there was enough for rpg fans to look forward to. Nothing for me though but overall a good direct.

#121 Posted by AJuiceMatts (17 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

This wasn't half bad at all ... I'm really disappointed by the lack of Metroid and Bayonetta 3 ... But I'm very happy with Banjo and The Hero on Smash, No More Heroes 3 was a nice surprise as well. And of course, BotW 2 was very intriguing (Midna's return it seems) ... Solid presentation and no doubt the best of the bunch.

Midna? I never even thought of that!

Why do you say Midna though? Didn't look like Midna

#122 Posted by p3anut (6294 posts) -

@ajuicematts said:
@madsnakehhh said:

Yeah, don't know where he got Midna from that, it was clearly a Gerudo body with Gerudo jewelry.

#123 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (19656 posts) -

@p3anut: it's Ganondorfs corpse. You can see his malice seeping either in or out of his body. Also, I noticed that Hyrule Castle was tremors, possibly rising off the ground

#124 Posted by briguyb13 (3043 posts) -

New Super Lucky Tales looks great. That was out of the blue.

#125 Posted by jaydan (2260 posts) -

Banjo-Kazooie is all I needed to be happy, and we got Banjo. Now that is what you call fan-service there. Banjo-Kazooie - right up there with Ridley - have been among the most popular and demanded characters in a Smash Bros. game since the Melee days, and I can't believe the day has finally come where we have the game with both of them. I'm so happy for this. At this point I don't care what else we might get in Smash Bros. DLC, because all along my biggest care was for Banjo and I'm a happy camper.

I am starting to speculate it's possible we'll be getting quite the revival for the Banjo-Kazooie franchise in general. I wouldn't be surprised if the N64 originals will be brought over to the Switch at one point, and maybe when he drops in Smash would be the perfect time to bring them over; but, I'm also feeling like it's time to finally do Banjo-Threeie, a game I'm certain most of us fans have dreamed about ever since the N64 era. With all the new marketing and media surrounding the bear and bird, do you guys think it would be likely to have that kind of Banjo-Kazooie revival?

#126 Posted by lebanese_boy (15050 posts) -
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@p3anut: it's Ganondorfs corpse. You can see his malice seeping either in or out of his body. Also, I noticed that Hyrule Castle was tremors, possibly rising off the ground

That's what I've deduced as well, this may be Ganondorf. I'm definitely excited about this game and can't wait to hear more. I wonder what kind of map we will be dealing with.

#127 Edited by KungfuKitten (26528 posts) -

@p3anut said:
@ajuicematts said:
@madsnakehhh said:

Yeah, don't know where he got Midna from that, it was clearly a Gerudo body with Gerudo jewelry.

The corpse is Gerudo. Madsnakehhh was saying that because of the tune and the hand.

Is anyone here good with audacity? XD

#128 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6330 posts) -

It had no Metroid Prime 4 so I couldn't care less, it and Zelda are the ONLY reasons I got a switch... And announcing that they are developing a new Zelda was the biggest no s*** moment I have ever had.

#129 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19656 posts) -
@KungfuKitten said:
@p3anut said:
@ajuicematts said:
@madsnakehhh said:

The corpse is Gerudo. Madsnakehhh was saying that because of the tune and the hand.

Is anyone here good with audacity? XD

It's Ganondorf, and it's also possibly a ghost hand, Link will acquire with new abilities. Kind of like Princess Mononoke? We'll have proper dungeons make a return and will probably explore the bloodstained history of Hyrule underneath the catacombs of Hyrule Castle.

#130 Edited by KungfuKitten (26528 posts) -
@texasgoldrush said:
@mtron32 said:

New Zelda? That's good news

I hope we actually play as Zelda this time.

I really doubt that because of the way the characters are designed. Link is basically an androgynous blank slate, and that's because (s)he is the kid who enters the cave to see what's in it. Link personifies you and your inner child and its curiosity. That's why we could normally pick a name for Link. Whereas Zelda is royalty, well known in the world and an established character. She isn't you. She is a person born of importance, and you are a kid who stumbles into an adventure. She is the one who says things, and you are the one who just takes it all in and listens. This has changed a little over time. I feel like Link has gotten more of a personality. In BOTW, we lose the option to choose his name and he didn't start off as an unknown kid there. He started off as someone who has a history. (Plus Zelda has regained her powers and has gotten a new haircut... That could hint at something.)

So... it could happen. Maybe even due to demand. But it just seems to go against their initial design. If you were to play as Zelda, where does that leave Link? Will he become more of a developed character as well, and consequently lose its function of being you? Hey, I wouldn't count on it happening but anything is possible and it does sound interesting.

Why are you interested in playing as Zelda? Is it because of the novelty of it? Or maybe gameplay changes? At first I was interested in it because I could see Zelda come with new combat methods. Maybe more magic oriented. (Though honestly... if Link finds a wizard's armaments I suppose it could technically bring that same change in gameplay. I suppose the Wisdom / Courage part could mean that it would make more sense to have Zelda for that style of gameplay.)

#131 Posted by silkylove (8477 posts) -

It was a high quality show IMO. A bunch of games coming out this summer and early fall that I want to play. Enticing stuff for next year and beyond as well. The only disappointment was no Prime Trilogy. I'm guessing it's done and they are just sitting on it until Prime 4 is closer to release, or until they have an unexpected drought.

#132 Posted by Epak_ (10658 posts) -

Great direct IMO, exciting times ahead and they didn't even show Metroid 4 or Bayonetta 3.

#133 Edited by KungfuKitten (26528 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

So Luigi’s Mansion 3, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Links Awakening, new Zelda, Banjo in Smash...am I missing anything else important?

No More Heroes 3, Astral Chain.

Maybe Panzer Dragoon remake, Trials of Mana remake/Mana series collection, Contra collection, Daemon X Machina, Empire of Sin strategy game with the interesting John Romero/Paradox collaboration, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and (Pokemon) gameplay at Treehouse if you are interested.

#134 Posted by jcrame10 (5058 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: that’s a lot of games!!

#135 Posted by Mandzilla (4082 posts) -

@jcrame10: Far too many to buy, see this is why I miss Blockbuster.

#136 Posted by jcrame10 (5058 posts) -

@mandzilla: I live in an area with plenty of Family Video stores around, so I’m all set on rentals. You could try GameFly

#137 Edited by Mandzilla (4082 posts) -

@jcrame10: Wow, you're very lucky then. There's nothing here like that anymore.

Edit: Whoops, except for Gamefly yes. Physical rental places are extinct though.

#138 Posted by Heirren (815 posts) -

Breath of the Wild sequel might have to buy a game soon.

#139 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

Whatever

Nintendo will Nintendo

The only law.

#140 Posted by jcrame10 (5058 posts) -

@mandzilla: family Video is all over northeastern Ohio

#141 Posted by Mandzilla (4082 posts) -

@jcrame10: That must be nice. :(

#142 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

Ok so they were very dean demanding and didn't ask basically well enough or at the right times well that makes sense.

#143 Posted by Fedor (4876 posts) -

@raining51: Come again?

#144 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

sounds like a lot of info on Day 3... what does everyone else think?

#145 Edited by KungfuKitten (26528 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

@KungfuKitten: that’s a lot of games!!

Oh! We forgot the Cadence of Hyrule game that released yesterday. It looked really good on Treehouse. They didn't just create a visual overhaul but changed the game. There is a village, and there are dungeons, and they made it more forgiving and have permanent items you find like bombs and other Zelda stuff. The co-op looks really cool too. I'm going to buy that now.

Loading Video...

#146 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

The only intereseting news was there wasn't anything on Mario Kart I want to say for the first time in a long time.