Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Source

[One of the] most important feature of the game is the narrative sandbox and the power of choice; choices and consequences,"

"And as you play the game you’ll face many difficult dilemmas and the choices you make through gameplay or through story will change or transform the world around you. We created this non-linear narrative."

“I don’t think it is a zombie game,”

He further added

"We have developed, we have designed, we have come up with the idea that the day is for the living and the night is for the Infected. So during the day you will note that encounters with the zombies don’t happen as often as in the first game. Usually they hide inside buildings and other dark places. First of all, this allowed us to build a part of the city where you really get to encounter humans; you get to work with them; see how they would behave in a situation like this. You know, it’s an extreme situation: technology is gone, civilisation is gone… we didn’t have as many dynamic encounters [with humans in the first game]. So the day is for the humans, but the night is for the infected and this creates a lot of gameplay opportunity.”

and thats why im looking forward to this game. I hated first dying light. it was generic zombie beat with pipe game.

this sequel looks and feel better. deep sandbox story driven first person action game. its going in different and better direction.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

So it's like Zelda where 90% of the time you'll just avoid night because zombies are annoying.

Great design bro.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Very Challenging series.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Game will be great. I loved the previous Dying Light.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Aaaaand i don't care for the game at all.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

Love Dying Light but the whole weapon degradation thing, I am sorry to say, really put a damper on my enjoyment.

It pains me to cite Far Cry 5 because I think Dying Light is vastly superior, but I hope they do what Far Cry did and have a "melee weapon inventory" where you have things you can throw and you have like five of that item (like five shovels or pipes to throw), but you can hold on to them if you want and the shovel, pipe, etc does not break.

This is the best compromise because you have a working, finite number of things you can throw, but when you get down to your last one you can hold on to it for a while. For example, a swarm of zombies infected comes at you and you're like "SHIT!" and start chucking pipes and axes and shovels at them, you get down to like the last three zombies, so you hold on to your last shovel and bash their heads in, then you get a ten second breather and see some pipes lying around so you hurry up and grab them and, thank god, just in time for another wave of zombies.

@uninspiredcup said:

So it's like Zelda where 90% of the time you'll just avoid night because zombies are annoying.

Great design bro.

What if there is incentive to go out at night? Like you have a blueprint for a weapon upgrade or something but you need body-part-_____ from this infected that only comes out at night? Or there's an achievement you can only get at night?

I agree with you, though, I mostly slept through the nights in Dying Light. I was too scared!

@carljohnsoncj said:

Very Challenging series.

I agree, and good-challenging. I never felt cheated of unfairly punished for my mistakes; I deserved to die when I did. The parkour mechanics were very well executed, unlike most games where there are random hangups, or you somehow miss a ledge-grab even though you timed it perfectly.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Great design bro.

Dying light 2 is basically going in immersive sim direction. first person, RPG elements, immersion, deep story telling. and also chris avellon is involve in it. I hated the first one but this one looks so interesting.

this game sound far more interesting than cyberpunk 2077.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Playing at night was much more interesting in the 1st. Might skip this one

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Chris Avellone is behind he narrative and world building so it's bound to be awesome.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

i don't think either of the e3 trailers showed any zombies.

and the gameplay trailer wasn't very impressive. the parkour had that running-in-treacle feel to it. it all looked a bit metro exodus-esque. the big thing they were hyping was how choices you make affect the story path, but you kind of expect that now, with games of this type.

i enjoyed parts of the first - going out at night was really tense and decent entertainment value - but judging from what i've seen so far i'm not hyped for the second at all yet

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:

and the gameplay trailer wasn't very impressive. the parkour had that running-in-treacle feel to it. it all looked a bit metro exodus-esque. the big thing they were hyping was how choices you make affect the story path, but you kind of expect that now, with games of this type.

i enjoyed parts of the first - going out at night was really tense and decent entertainment value - but judging from what i've seen so far i'm not hyped for the second at all yet

I think this series will divide fans. fans of zombie games wouldnot like it but fans of old school immersive sims will like it.

I hated the first game. it was generic zombie parkour game. when sequel was announced i was like meh but then they show more at E3 and i was blown away.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

I think this series will divide fans. fans of zombie games wouldnot like it but fans of old school immersive sims will like it.

I hated the first game. it was generic zombie parkour game. when sequel was announced i was like meh but then they show more at E3 and i was blown away.

what were you blown away by? it looked like a poor man's metro exodus to me

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

I loved the first Dying Light I just avoided nighttime at all costs due to the more harmful and fast zombies.

Looks like this game if i were to take that approach I’d have no game to play.

If they don’t give me incentive to go out at night...this game will go from “can’t wait” to “probably will never play”.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

Says it isn't a zombie game and then says encounters with zombies don't happen as often.... smh. Ok, so it's a zombie game.. gotcha.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They forgot to put the zombies into the zombie game?