Dying light 2 = Mirrors Edge done right?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24913 Posts

Game is coming out in weeks and im looking forward to it but the way I see. it looks like Mirrors Edge done right. or id say mirrors edge with depth since techland are much better developers than DICE lol no contest.

beside mirrors edge has only run and jump but having bad combat. this game however has pakor with excellent combat mechanics and tons of depth.

so my friends, is it mirrors edge but done rightly? lets discuss

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58890 Posts

My gods, this changes everything.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

I always thought Mirror's Edge done right was Mirror's Edge. Great game series, sad there's only two of them.

As for the combat, Mirror's Edge was never really about that. It was in there and could have been better, but it was OK and not the focus.

@ghosts4ever said:

so my friends, is it mirrors edge but done rightly? lets discuss

No, but hopefully it's Dying Light 2 done right.

Looks good. Maybe a little clunky but I think that's because they playing with controller.

@uninspiredcup said:

My gods, this changes everything.

As foretold by the prophet Ghosts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38795 Posts

Getting this day one, and kinda excited to play it. And the game is coming out in 6 days, not weeks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25

@hardwenzen said:

Getting this day one, and kinda excited to play it. And the game is coming out in 6 days, not weeks.

Any idea if its coming to Game Pass?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I'm guessing the game will be packed with useless filler. Have fun jumping and running to mundane tasks with generic missions and forgettable characters.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Ghosts is hyping it. Must be garbage.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Any idea if its coming to Game Pass?

Didn't hear anything about it, so probably not.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

February's most hyped game

Tiklandian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tiklandian
Member since 2020 • 126 Posts
Loading Video...

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#12 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I dunno... I liked the parkour in Dying Light, but Mirror's Edge was more compelling. This is just running around climbing stuff and falling down.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46221 Posts

Why would this need to compete with Mirror's edge?

Because they are the only two first person parkour series?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Why would this need to compete with Mirror's edge?

Because they are the only two first person parkour series?

They really don't need to be pitted against each other, since Mirror's Edge is likely done for good. There's also Ghostrunner too, but that's pretty niche I guess

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I always thought Mirror's Edge done right was Mirror's Edge. Great game series, sad there's only two of them.

As for the combat, Mirror's Edge was never really about that. It was in there and could have been better, but it was OK and not the focus.

Agree Mirror's Edge was always about parkour, combat was more of a afterthought. I would love another Mirror's Edge game too but I'm afraid modern DICE would ruin it. I think most of the veteran devs from DICE left years ago.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24913 Posts

@warmblur said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Agree Mirror's Edge was always about parkour, combat was more of a afterthought. I would love another Mirror's Edge game too but I'm afraid modern DICE would ruin it. I think most of the veteran devs from DICE left years ago.

didnot DICE ruined mirrors edge 2? no one like it not even its fans.

beside Parkour looks better in Dying light 2 with far and away better combat system with better level design and tons of depth. thats what im calling it mirrors edge but done better.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7253 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Mirror's Edge Catalyst makes kind of a bad first impression. They stuck in some modern AAA sensibilities like skill trees, filler missions, and forced combat sections that hurt the flow the game was known for. But once you unlock most of Faith's abilities, the game gets really good. I just finished it a few weeks back, and by the end Iliked it almast as much as the first. Now that the dust has settled, it has a "very positive" user rating on Steam. Meta score isn't much lower than the first game either.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

For once, we're both excited playing Dying Light 2 but for me, I'll be waiting for independent reviews before purchasing cause this game had too many delays and we saw what happened to CP2077.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen  Online

@davillain said:
@hardwenzen said:

For once, we're both excited playing Dying Light 2 but for me, I'll be waiting for independent reviews before purchasing cause this game had too many delays and we saw what happened to CP2077.

I mean, you won't need to be waiting on reviews, they will be out on day one or even before the game is released. Idependent reviewers such as ACG has already been playing it for almost a week. Everyone who has the game has been pretty positive so i doubt that this one will fail.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Did you watch the vid? The arms were bad enough, but the animations were even worse. Still gonna play, but it was janky.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3218 Posts

I hope the game turns out good since we have been waiting a long time for it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mrbojangles25

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

didnot DICE ruined mirrors edge 2? no one like it not even its fans.

beside Parkour looks better in Dying light 2 with far and away better combat system with better level design and tons of depth. thats what im calling it mirrors edge but done better.

I liked Mirror's Edge 2. Didn't agree with some of the changes (skill tree, open-world, etc) but that doesn't make it a bad game, or stop me from liking it.

Really great art direction, good characters, love the dystopian setting where the world basically looks like a Mac store but just like Macs in real life they are far, far, far from perfect 😜

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25
@lundy86_4 said:

Did you watch the vid? The arms were bad enough, but the animations were even worse. Still gonna play, but it was janky.

I thought so too, not going to stop me from playing it. I like a bit of jank. It's like an old car that requires some love and a few harsh words in order to keep running.

Techland games have always skirted that territory between high-quality gameplay (approaching "AAA" quality) and bargain bin production values. I kind of like it (Piranha Bytes' games are like this too) when games are like this, it makes them feel like diamonds in the rough.

The hype around this game is really getting to me, I don't think it's going to get stellar reviews, just good ones, and a lot of people aren't going to like that.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34594 Posts

As in being an FPS and having parkour? Cause I think they're very different games otherwise. I haven't played ME, so I'm not sure which game has the best parkour, but I it's guess DL2, since it's released much later.

I wonder if the BotW haters will be fine with weapons breaking in this game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10430 Posts

still not convinced by it.

looks a lot better now then it did when they first unveiled it but animations still look clumsy and team america puppet and movement looks a bit off. lots of instances when character jumps, the distance seems unreachable but they still manage to grab the ledge, like they do a last minute go go gadget arms or something.

anyway, on topic, hard to say if this will be mirrors edge done right, despite ghost's indepth analysis in the op

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

It is pretty standard for OP to not play games and draw illogical conclusions. 🙄

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#28 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 359 Posts

That's an insult to Mirror's Edge.