DUSK - Highly acclaimed PC FPS wins a 2018 GOTY award

#1 Posted by OliverSnyders (165 posts) -

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/gamewatcher-2018-game-of-the-year-awards

Nice to see it is getting the attention dev deserves.

#2 Posted by GarGx1 (10929 posts) -

They had a good list of games for the nominees and Dusk is a worthy winner.

#3 Posted by DaVillain- (38133 posts) -

looks cool and maybe I'll get it sometime soon. I've already spent so much money this year on building my new PC through that and I don't really have much of a budget for buying games at the moment until the new year arrives.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#4 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

Had to do be on PC to get nominated? Lol

#5 Posted by VFighter (5242 posts) -

Never heard of it.

#6 Posted by Vaeh (554 posts) -

Well deserved! The level design in the 2nd and 3rd chapters is so damn bold and exciting. The game has been widely praised for its gameplay and controls, and rightfully so. But it needs much more recognition for its amazing horror atmosphere.

#7 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

Another low budget indie crap on PC. I'm sure it's crap because I never heard of it before and it didn't get advertised in NBA or Champions League.

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
#8 Posted by Blueberry_Bandit (891 posts) -

@vfighter said:

Never heard of it.

It's really really good. A lot of the best games this year are hidden gems.

#9 Posted by Kozio (783 posts) -
@vaeh said:

Well deserved! The level design in the 2nd and 3rd chapters is so damn bold and exciting. The game has been widely praised for its gameplay and controls, and rightfully so. But it needs much more recognition for its amazing horror atmosphere.

The director is known around indie game horror circles. Before he had only directed slow horror games.

But yeah game can be really creepy. Once you go inside that weird meat grinder machine, shit starts getting really weird.

It’s a really good game and an amazing achievement since it’s made by one dude (except music which is by the great Andrew Hulshult).

#10 Posted by Vaeh (554 posts) -
@kozio said:
@vaeh said:

The director is known around indie game horror circles. Before he had only directed slow horror games.

But yeah game can be really creepy. Once you go inside that weird meat grinder machine, shit starts getting really weird.

It’s a really good game and an amazing achievement since it’s made by one dude (except music which is by the great Andrew Hulshult).

wow, good for the dude who created it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2b926b0d74a
#11 Posted by deactivated-5c2b926b0d74a (153 posts) -

@vfighter Thats because your a cod troll who cant afford a pc:

#12 Posted by Sushiglutton (7264 posts) -

Finally something to justify that $3k rig! Oh wait...

To be honest the game looks pretty fun. I'm a big fan of brutal Doom and this looks like a fast paced FPS in a similar genre. Graphics/art are worse than brutal Doom though imo. Maybe it's something you get used to. Pretty slick and if you are starved for games like this I can see why it would be your GOTY.

#13 Posted by Pedro (35644 posts) -

DUSK exist because there is still a market for games to just be games. Nothing more nothing less.

#14 Edited by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@nerveagentuk: Lol! quiet down, lemming.

#15 Posted by enzyme36 (4274 posts) -

Damn I never knew about this... but that movement looks fluid as hell. Will scoop this up tonight