Durango, more like Lolango. GPU weaker than expected.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#1 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

http://www.vgleaks.com/durango-gpu/

It appears MS will be banking on public ignorance to get by the graphics hurdle.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Kinextbox is on the menu, The media gateway the whole family can enjoy.

I'd post more here, but the gs character limit is a pain in the ass and I can't be arsed to skirt around it.

Enjoy guys.

Also obligatory power levels.

PC:

PS4:

720:

WiiU:

#2 Posted by ToScA- (5745 posts) -
Lolango :lol::lol: I like it!
#3 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -
Now even I'm getting tired of these rumours.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
#4 Posted by deactivated-57d8401f17c55 (7221 posts) -

http://www.vgleaks.com/durango-gpu/

It appears MS will be banking on public ignorance

ReadingRainbow4

Goes hand in hand with the social media focus.  They might get away with it, but then again Apple kind of has that on lock.

#5 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Now even I'm getting tired of these rumours.clyde46

This isn't a rumor.

#6 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

And once again Kaz dominates Xbots :cool:

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
#7 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4971 posts) -

Good lord, we're getting 8GB RAM, eight-core CPUs and 1.2Tflops GPUs and we're acting like its a disservice to us as individuals. I'm not really following whether PS4/next Xbox will be more powerful but the gaming community sounds awfully ungrateful with posts like the OP.

These are consoles, not PCs.

#8 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Now even I'm getting tired of these rumours.ReadingRainbow4

This isn't a rumor.

So this is a official MS press release then?
#9 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

I'd post more here, but

ReadingRainbow4

That's OK don't worry. 

#10 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

Considering MS said the console war won't be won with power, i think this news is pretty accurate. I feel sorry for the Lems, first they get shafted for the casuals with Kinect and now its taking a toll on the hardware front. Ouch, bad time to be an xbox fan :?

#11 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -
yeah just like last gen, xbox 1.5,ps3 2x times the power of xbox 360, by the way these specs are 1 year old,we should wait for Kotaku article about the specs ,since the guy that sold one of his durango devkits on ebay sent current information to make the article.
#12 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Now even I'm getting tired of these rumours.ReadingRainbow4

This isn't a rumor.

it's based on rumored 1 year old specs :cool: stop trying to pass it off as fact.

#13 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]I'd post more here, but

psymon100

That's OK don't worry.

I was referring to the OP silly, I jazzed it up regardless with some pretty Pichtures.

#14 Posted by DJS28 (25 posts) -
The difference between the two will be so small, the Playstation 3 was meant to be much more powerful than the x360 and look what happened.
#15 Posted by Cheleman (8197 posts) -
Poor lemmings:lol:
#16 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

yeah just like last gen, xbox 1.5,ps3 2x times the power of xbox 360, by the way these specs are 1 year old,we should wait for Kotaku article about the specs ,since the guy that sold one of his durango devkits on ebay sent current information to make the article.Tessellation

#17 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Now even I'm getting tired of these rumours.Tessellation

This isn't a rumor.

it's based on rumored 1 year old specs :cool: stop trying to pass it off as fact.

Dry your eyes Tess, its going to be okay. All this crying isn't good for you.

#18 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

This isn't a rumor.

NineTailedGoku

why are you crying over my post?getting under your skin is so easy :cool:
#19 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] it's based on rumored 1 year old specs :cool: stop trying to pass it off as fact.

Tessellation

Poor guy, get some tissues. Sorry MS is loosing all of its advantages over Playstation. Just find a way to deal with it and you'll sleep okay tonight.

#20 Posted by El_Garbanzo (296 posts) -

Dungrango will get smoked by ps4 if it comes out as a significantly weaker. 

#22 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

NineTailedGoku

Poor guy, get some tissues. Sorry MS is loosing all of its advantages over Playstation. Just find a way to deal with it and you'll sleep okay tonight.

i am just having an opinion you're crying over my opinion because it seems to bother you :cool: please entertain me more.

#23 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] why are you crying over my post?getting under your skin is so easy :cool:Tessellation

i am just having an opinion you're crying over my opinion because it seems to bother you :cool: please entertain me more.

Hang on guys, we have to wait for Kotaku.

#24 Posted by AznbkdX (4275 posts) -

We will read back on these topics in the future and laugh.

I'm almost guaranteed of it.

#25 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

We will read back on these topics in the future and laugh.

I'm almost guaranteed of it.

AznbkdX

I certainly hope so.

well lemmings might be mixing some crying in.

For the lulz and all that.

#26 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -
Multiplats have been MS's bread and butter over the past generation. I doubt it it would that much weaker than the ps4
#27 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] why are you crying over my post?getting under your skin is so easy :cool:Tessellation

you need it.

Good Lord, your confusion from crying so hard has made you post dead links. I'm sorry Tess, I really am. Looks like MS is going to catch of good whiff of the 3rd console curse.

#28 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -

ReadingRainbow4

Hang on guys, we have to wait for Kotaku.

so easy to get under cows skin n debunk their crap,you sound angry :cool:
#29 Posted by KarateeeChop (4666 posts) -

ReadingRainbow4

:lol:

#30 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

NineTailedGoku

you need it.

Good Lord, your confusion from crying so hard has made you post dead links. I'm sorry Tess, I really am. Looks like MS is going to catch of good whiff of the 3rd console curse.

why so much butthurt uh? stop crying to my opinions :cool:
#31 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5671 posts) -

Durango.

Dodge-Durango_2001_1600x1200_wallpaper_0

#32 Posted by KillzoneSnake (2357 posts) -

1200 flops... Thats like x5 the power of 360's gpu. Not Psnext 1800gflops but still good :D

#33 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

Durango.

Blazerdt47
What a fugly looking car.
#34 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Durango.

Blazerdt47

Now remove the wheels and have steve ballmer in the front seat while Don Mattrick pushes from behind.

#35 Posted by KarateeeChop (4666 posts) -

i wonder how many people actually understand more than 20% of that article. :?

#36 Posted by AznbkdX (4275 posts) -

i wonder how many people actually understand more than 20% of that article. :?

KarateeeChop

Tch you are completely off man.

More like 10% jeez.

#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Further explanation thanks to neogaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511579

#38 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

I told you guys that all Nintendo did with the Wii was ruin everything for everybody. Thank god Sony are based....

#39 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

I'm sure as long as it plays Halo and COD lemmings will be ok.

#40 Posted by tormentos (26789 posts) -
yeah just like last gen, xbox 1.5,ps3 2x times the power of xbox 360, by the way these specs are 1 year old,we should wait for Kotaku article about the specs ,since the guy that sold one of his durango devkits on ebay sent current information to make the article.Tessellation
:lol:.. Lets wait until the magic sauce is reveal..:lol:
#41 Posted by GotNugz (681 posts) -

if these rumored specs turn out true for durango they will loose me this go around. it's not that hardware is everything but i am a console gamer and i want my console to have the best hardware it can for the price and so far MS seems to be missing the mark. not sure if it's overconfidence or maybe they are playing smoke and mirrors with sony because i do know developers who have first hand knowledge with durango and they told me it was very powerful, thats about all they could say for NDA reasons. DDR3 is dirt slow, cpu is fine but could use a clock boost, and that GPU is weaker than thought. i don't think MS have fully played their hand just yet sources swore up and down that Oban was using a Crossfire type setup for the final hardware so if you double up it would be impressive. 24 compute units would put it well over the rumored 18 in ps4, and don't forget the magical Oban Blitter that can scoot stuff around at a insane 384GB/s. 

#42 Posted by tormentos (26789 posts) -

NineTailedGoku

Hahaha... pathetic he say the exact same thing to me,he cry like a 5 year old and when you mock him he actually claim he get under your skin..:lol:
#43 Posted by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -
Lolyouassumeit'strue.
#44 Posted by mysticstryk (1709 posts) -

All that tech talk is doing is pointing to a small curve in favor of the next playstation.  We will have to see the consoles in action to know if it will lead to any noticeable differences.

#45 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] why are you crying over my post?getting under your skin is so easy :cool:tormentos

Hahaha... pathetic he say the exact same thing to me,he cry like a 5 year old and when you mock him he actually claim he get under your skin..:lol:

so you guys decided to gang up to show me how upset i made you :cool: ?

you need this,since all your responses prove it :cool:

#46 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
Well considering that cows are about to be extinct next gen since Sony doesn't have a gameplan and just wants to release a powerful system that will cost too much for the general public...it's been nice knowing you.
#47 Posted by GotNugz (681 posts) -

has this been debunked http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/01/17/it-begins-xbox-720-will-be-more-powerful-than-ps4-says-report/

seems a bit fantastical but it may hold some truths to it. i'm particularly interested in the so called Blitter

#48 Posted by mysticstryk (1709 posts) -

Well considering that cows are about to be extinct next gen since Sony doesn't have a gameplan and just wants to release a powerful system that will cost too much for the general public...it's been nice knowing you.percech

Soooo much butthurt and damage control.  They will probably end up being very similar with real world performance, maybe a slight edge to playstation.  Kind of like the slight edge the original xbox had over the ps2.

#49 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"]Well considering that cows are about to be extinct next gen since Sony doesn't have a gameplan and just wants to release a powerful system that will cost too much for the general public...it's been nice knowing you.mysticstryk

Soooo much butthurt and damage control. They will probably end up being very similar with real world performance, maybe a slight edge to playstation. Kind of like the slight edge the original xbox had over the ps2.

xbox had a huge edge over ps2.

#50 Posted by tormentos (26789 posts) -

if these rumored specs turn out true for durango they will loose me this go around. it's not that hardware is everything but i am a console gamer and i want my console to have the best hardware it can for the price and so far MS seems to be missing the mark. not sure if it's overconfidence or maybe they are playing smoke and mirrors with sony because i do know developers who have first hand knowledge with durango and they told me it was very powerful, thats about all they could say for NDA reasons. DDR3 is dirt slow, cpu is fine but could use a clock boost, and that GPU is weaker than thought. i don't think MS have fully played their hand just yet sources swore up and down that Oban was using a Crossfire type setup for the final hardware so if you double up it would be impressive. 24 compute units would put it well over the rumored 18 in ps4, and don't forget the magical Oban Blitter that can scoot stuff around at a insane 384GB/s. 

GotNugz
Dude stop your wishful thinking is not going to happen,MS has a different direction and every one knows this,only 360 fans refuse to admit it. There is not blitter with 384GB/s bandwidth or 24 CU,in fact MS rename them to SC and they are only 12,it has 16 ROP's half of those found on the PS4,and 1.2 TF that is Durango as of now,no secret sauce,no blitter or anything of that sort all rumors point at the same. And yes is very powerful compare to this generation even if it has lower specs than Orbis.