Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34468 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@delta3074 said:

@Chutebox: with you on that, a controllers a controller, you will adapt to use any controller eventually.

I went from the original DS to the N64 controller to the Dreamcast then the Gamecube finally the Xbox.

It didn't take a whole lot of time to adapt to each.

Best controller in my opinion is the Gamecube though, so godamn comfortable and the dual action triggers meant no swapping fingers around on the back triggers

I wish Nintendo had stuck with that controller design. Just add a second shoulder button and a bigger d-pad and bigger second analog stick and it would have been perfect.

Agreed. They really had something with the GC controller, it's still my overall favorite. Too bad they abandoned it for the OK-ish Xbox design.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

@vfighter said:

@ConanTheStoner: I have heard of the trigger issues, I guess I just got really lucky so far.

My ds3 always would get analog problems from playing COD and other FPS, with hundreds of hours put into Destiny 1 and 2 the ds4 analogs are still great, pretty impressed with that.

Yeah that was always my issue with DS3s as well, analog failure. I played a lot of shooters on PS3, but also played a lot of MGO2 which had this stupid shit where if you get stunned or put to sleep, you'd have to rotate the analogs fast as fvck to revive quicker. I went through two controllers on that game alone, though to be fair I had a few thousand hours on that game lol.

No issues with the DS4 analogs at all though, they're pretty great. I know a lot of people say they have an issue where the coating material on the analogs starts to break down after a while, but I haven't had that happen at all.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I can't wait for Sony to copy the Joy cons concept of having two controllers, one for each hand. I'd love to have the DS4 splitted in two.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

I can't wait for Sony to copy the Joy cons concept of having two controllers, one for each hand. I'd love to have the DS4 splitted in two.

I actually do love split controllers lol. Wiimote + nunchuck games made me a believer, and I also used the split joycons for Mario Odyssey.

My only problem with the joycons is how tiny they are. I used them for Odyssey because I wanted the ability to pull off all the motion stuff consistently with a natural feeling, but damn they felt way too small.

But yeah, something with the form factor of a DS4 (or any standard controller) split in two would be an insta-buy for me.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

I actually do love split controllers lol. Wiimote + nunchuck games made me a believer, and I also used the split joycons for Mario Odyssey.

My only problem with the joycons is how tiny they are. I used them for Odyssey because I wanted the ability to pull off all the motion stuff consistently with a natural feeling, but damn they felt way too small.

But yeah, something with the form factor of a DS4 (or any standard controller) split in two would be an insta-buy for me.

yeah the Joy-Cons are too small for me too. I just imagine a regular DS4 being cut in half. The only weird thing would be the Touch pad, but that only gets used rarely anyway. They could also make it so you can combine them again in case you play a Touch pad heavy game. Having two controllers is just so much more comfortable.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

As someone with big hands I have always hated playstation controllers... and the stick placement never felt natural to me.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@UssjTrunks: IKR.. Look I understand Nintendo products are made for kids, but jeez! I enjoy the Hell out of my switch but “portable mode” is a pain.. LITERALLY.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

It's definitely better than the DS3 but the battery life is pretty bad

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 43932 Posts

Yup and water is wet, mooaar at 11:00. :P

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

But it doesn't have triggers, OP....

Def my fave controller:

-Comfortable & symmetrical (kind of like our hands, who knew!)

-Rechargeable battery

-Line-in for headphones

-Share button

-Options button

-Touchpad

My one issue--the auxiliary/weird port by the headphone jack. Why waste space on something that never amounted? They've fixed the issue with the stick material peeling, so I'm happy there.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

I never did like the PlayStation controllers.

Agreed. I always felt the controllers were trash. They were uncomfortable to hold - the grips always felt wrong, the joystick layout on the DS1-DS3 were awful (DS4 not any better), dpad was passable. I always end up buying a 3rd party controller for my Playstations.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

i guess it doesnt help that i have to suffer through uncharted4s atrocious gameplay

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Finally someone has fixed the PS4 controller.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@mandzilla: Since you can add non steam games to Steam it shouldn't be a problem using the DS4/Steam Controller on them.

Oh right, wow I didn't actually know you could do that. Cheers for the heads up.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

except it apparently doesn't have a headphone jack which sucks

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@the-a-baum: Nope, they royally screwed it up.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#118 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with the PS4 controller, maybe aside from how long it holds its charge. I think it feels very good as a controller, and I've always loved the PS controller design. I also LOVE the fact that I can plug in headphones to it and turn down the volume on my TV. That's a big deal to me as I don't like making a lot of noise.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

The one poor point of the controller is the charge. It's comfortable, it's light, and mine has lasted so far. It's not the best controller ever but it's good enough.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

XBox controller >>>> PS Controller hands down. Your fingers naturally sit towards the offset analog stick. Many games your right thumb is used for buttons, and only flicks the right stick to adjust aim. It's just the better design overall and it's more comfortable.

Hell, even the Switch Pro controller feels more comfortable than the DS4

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#121 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

What are people doing that their hands hurt from playing games? It isn't that serious.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

Lmao.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 shellcase86

@cainetao11 said:

What are people doing that their hands hurt from playing games? It isn't that serious.

No clue. I put in an hour or so each day, and haven't had any issues w/ comfort. Our hands are symmetrical. An ideal controller would be symmetrical just like the Dualshock series.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

360 (all of its hardware) is and was garbage. There.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@the-a-baum said:

Lmao.

Not gonna lie, it does look fixed. No massive LED, share and options buttons are actually reachable, stick layout fixed. Concave thumbsticks instead of mushroom headed convex sticks. 10/10 would buy.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#126 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@shellcase86 said:
@cainetao11 said:

No clue. I put in an hour or so each day, and haven't had any issues w/ comfort. Our hands are symmetrical. An ideal controller would be symmetrical just like the Dualshock series.

I have always preferred the Xbox controllers. I have big hands and until DS4 my thumb tips could brush each other in hectic moments. I prefer the staggered stics, personally.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

Nah.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 VFighter

@Phazevariance: Ummm...the ds4 has concave sticks. The only thing "fixed" on that is the placement of the share/option buttons.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

How the hell is the DS3 better? Those L2 + R2 analog triggers are a joke and the controller noticeably smaller in a negative way. You must have woman sized hands.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

@emgesp said:

How the hell is the DS3 better? Those L2 + R2 analog triggers are a joke and the controller noticeably smaller in a negative way. You must have woman sized hands.

yeah my hands are small but l2 and r2 on ds3 i prefer just dont like the ones on ds4. Also ds3 feels better the surface and everything

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@xantufrog: asymmetrical > ______

:p

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#132 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

The switch has the best controller this gen

The ds4 is just pure garbage is correct .. the battery life sucks the stupidest thing they did was the light bar !!! It's just a ps3 controller with light bar

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@samfisher56: Also, the textured back of the DS4 and longer handles adds for better grip.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

It's definitely the worst controller compared switch pro controller or any Xbox one controller but it's a huge step up over the ds3

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@mariokart64fan said:

The switch has the best controller this gen

The ds4 is just pure garbage is correct .. the battery life sucks the stupidest thing they did was the light bar !!! It's just a ps3 controller with light bar

The Switch controller has one of the worst d-pads ever made (it's completely unusable for fighting games, 2D platformers, and puzzle games). It also doesn't have analog triggers, making it useless for racing sims (not that the Switch will have any racing sims, but it means you can't use them on your PC for this genre either).

Even for a game like BOTW, I wanted to fling my pro controller at the wall every time I hit right on the d-pad to switch weapons, only for Link to call his horse or start cycling through his runes instead. Yes, I know you can fix it by opening up the controller, covering half of each contact with tape and increasing the height of the rocker with some mouse feet, but you shouldn't have to do that on a $90 controller. Even an intern could have told Nintendo that a shallow rocker and oversized contacts would cause directional misfires.

It boggles my mind how the company that invented the d-pad can forget how to make it.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

Battery life aside, I love it. Best D-pad ever.

People underestimate the importance of a good d-pad. It's critical for fighting games and 2D platformers.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 VFighter

@mariokart64fan: It's just a ds3 with a light bar lol, perhaps the dumbest post in this thread and that's saying something.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 shellcase86

@vfighter said:

@mariokart64fan: It's just a ds3 with a light bar lol, perhaps the dumbest post in this thread and that's saying something.

Lol