Driveclub Vs Forza Horizon 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
Edited 3 years, 9 months ago

Poll: Driveclub Vs Forza Horizon 2 (175 votes)

Driveclub 44%
Forza Horizon 2 56%

Which game is going to be better? Looks better? Which game is more worth?

Driveclub

Forza Horizon 2

Driveclub

Forza Horizon 2

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#151 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@gamersjustgame said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

That's irrelevant considering DC wasn't nominated period..............

The Crew won best racer at E3. FH2 won Best racer at Gamescom. DC....... not even nominated.

lol nope. Why are you lemmings so delusional?

@jessejay420 said:

DC = Damage Control

i wish you had skype so i can see the dumb look on your face when FH2 destroys FlopClub.

it would actually be worth it lol.

DC stands for Drive Club, actually. Not "damage control" which is what based Phil is doing after the Tomb Raider debacle.

And why would I want to videocall a lemming?

#153 Posted by sukraj (27617 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Which one of them is 60 frames?

Both of them together are 60.

That's... something..

have u bought an xbox one or a PS4 yet?

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
#154 Posted by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: you guys keep talking about the clouds and particles in the sky in DC, but this was all announced by Forza team before DC even thought about patching weather in http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/06/25/exploring-forza-horizon-2s-dynamic-world-ign-first.

"Our sky isn’t blue in our game because we painted it that color, it’s blue because that’s the way light separates in the air when it interacts with water particles; it’s why the sky is blue in real life.

http://www.examiner.com/article/forza-horizon-2-on-xbox-one-dynamic-weather-we-don-t-have-to-fake-anything

You are the one whose clueless how can DC weather be continuous. DC didn't think about adding in weather until they found out it was in Forza, Forza weather is more advanced than DC. Its truly organic and ever changing the atmosphere is made up of particles. The weather you talk about in DC is in Forza on a much greater scale, and you call me clueless. Research both games and you will also come to the conclusion that DC is all show compared to Forza.

#155 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@scottpsfan14: you guys keep talking about the clouds and particles in the sky in DC, but this was all announced by Forza team before DC even thought about patching weather in http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/06/25/exploring-forza-horizon-2s-dynamic-world-ign-first.

"Our sky isn’t blue in our game because we painted it that color, it’s blue because that’s the way light separates in the air when it interacts with water particles; it’s why the sky is blue in real life.

http://www.examiner.com/article/forza-horizon-2-on-xbox-one-dynamic-weather-we-don-t-have-to-fake-anything

You are the one whose clueless how can DC weather be continuous. DC didn't think about adding in weather until they found out it was in Forza, Forza weather is more advanced than DC. Its truly organic and ever changing the atmosphere is made up of particles. The weather you talk about in DC is in Forza on a much greater scale, and you call me clueless. Research both games and you will also come to the conclusion that DC is all show compared to Forza.

"bu bu but they announced it first!!!" = they started developing it first, you dumb lemming.

Fortza Horizon 1.5's weather system does nothing special that hasn't already been done in open world games. lmao falling for MS PR.

#156 Edited by strangeisland (1152 posts) -

No tuning? what's the point of all 50 cars then? just pick the fastest to win the race.

Better yet what;s the point of the hot hatches in this game?

#157 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: Sorry to inject anymore DriveClub damage control in to your veins. This might hurt to the bone little fella.

Eurogamer would like a word with your Damage Control.

Forza Horizon 2 proves the driving genre is back at its best

Spending a couple of hours exploring Forza Horizon 2's world, where Playground's pliant handling model and eclectic selection of cars make joyous sense of the open roads of the European countryside, it's more than rewarding. Horizon 2 is the worthy successor to racing greats such as Project Gotham Racing 4, and as it goes against Evolution's DriveClub and Ivory Tower's The Crew, it's hard not to see the Xbox One game emerging at the head of the pack.

#159 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

holy ****! Graphic wise these 2 games are literally a generation apart! lol

#160 Edited by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: is that the best you've got. DC has been in development longer than horizon 2, wasn't DC supposed to release on ps3? Now as soon as Forza gets a truly organic atmosphere DC is getting a patch for weather. Forza's weather system is the first of its kind in a racing game. The best you can do is name call because it's already obvious it's more advanced than DC. If Forza's weather system does nothing special then why are you guys so head over heals for DC weather system.

#161 Edited by jessejay420 (4091 posts) -

@Gue1 said:holy ****! Graphic wise these 2 games are literally a generation apart! lol

Holy ****! Quality and Gameplay wise these 2 games are literally a generation apart! lol

#162 Posted by jessejay420 (4091 posts) -

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher: Sorry to inject anymore DriveClub damage control in to your veins. This might hurt to the bone little fella.

Spending a couple of hours exploring Forza Horizon 2's world, where Playground's pliant handling model and eclectic selection of cars make joyous sense of the open roads of the European countryside, it's more than rewarding. Horizon 2 is the worthy successor to racing greats such as Project Gotham Racing 4, and as it goes against Evolution's DriveClub and Ivory Tower's The Crew, it's hard not to see the Xbox One game emerging at the head of the pack.

Ownage Approved!

#163 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

The more gameplay you watch, the more evident it is that Forza Horizon 2 is the far superior game.

#164 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

The more gameplay you watch, the more evident it is that Forza Horizon 2 is the far superior game.

They're driving games...how can you associate how they play and feel while playing with videos. Have you played both these games?

#165 Posted by jessejay420 (4091 posts) -

@YD_11: Shhhhh! dont say that.

i want cows to hype FlopClub..

the meltdowns will be epic lol

#166 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Zzzzz. More damage control from lemmings. @b4x you may as well have linked based Phil's denial that he's mandating games at 1080p even if it can't handle it. What a guy.

@jessejay420 said:

@YD_11: Shhhhh! dont say that.

i want cows to hype FlopClub..

the meltdowns will be epic lol

Lemming dreams are so cute.

@FastRobby said:

Haha, you think those are games, PS4 must be your first console ever. Robert is not my name, but nice try, keep guessing.

Eat it, Slow Robert.

@slimdogmilionar said:

wasn't DC supposed to release on ps3?

Wow, lemmings really are demented.

Now as soon as Forza gets a truly organic atmosphere

Yeah, that's enough marketing from you.

#167 Edited by SecretPolice (32957 posts) -

@b4x said:

They say head of the pack but leave out.. Leaving DC in the dust 10 laps behind. :P

#168 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@b4x said:

They say head of the pack but leave out.. Leaving DC in the dust 10 laps behind. :P

That's because your fever dreams don't count. :)

#169 Posted by tormentos (26787 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Aren't they bullshots?

And why do you go full cow then full lem?

The one for Forza is the ones for DC aen't there are no bullshoots on DC what you see is what you get.

@slimdogmilionar said:

Forza has 1 map? You do realize how big that map is how far it stretches. The weather that you mentioned for DC is in Forza, but in Forza you have an actual working atmosphere instead of having to pick your weather before you race. DC looks amazing but from what I have seen that's all it does, the cars have horrible physics and you pretty much have to put up with people bumping into the whole race with no consequence. Forza's has not only a working atmosphere, but 200+ cars, open world that can contain more than 55 tracks, and 100+ hours for full completion. Forza's one map is huge France and Italy from the Alps to the Mediterranean, no doubt DC looks better but Forza is the more technically advanced game and will have waaaaaay more playtime than DC.

Thats funny because GTalways content superiority over Forza but to you people it didn't matter because it was some how a better game right.? How many cars does Forza 5 has.? GT6 has over 1,000.

Forza Horizon 2 doesn't even look to be in the same generation as DC graphics wise,evrything looks sad and average,even Forza 5 look better and that one still kiss DC foots.

@Cloud_imperium said:

Forza Horizon 2 because it has more cars and content.

The GT6 is one of the best racers ever...Just fallowing your line there..

@slimdogmilionar said:

Like I said DC looks better but Forza is the more technically advanced game, all of that stuff on the list you pointed are in Forza. DC looks better no doubt but Forza has one continuous atmosphere over one huge map, DC will not have weather until they patch it in, also Forza has better driving physics from what I've seen so far. Everything in Forza is continuous, there's a lot more going on in Forza than there is in DC.

Forza 2 is not more technically advance,it doesn't look even close to DC and the fact that weather get added by patch means nothing,once the patch is added what will be your excuse.? Better driving physics.? Have you play both games.? Yeah incredible physics been able to drive a Ferarry over the grass and mud and don't getting the car stuck...My god...

So you are as clueless on this topic as you are pretending to know anything about hardware...

#170 Edited by SecretPolice (32957 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher:

I hate when I get those Fever dreams, I guess I'll just Chill. :P

#171 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

I'd happily put money on FH2 being the far superior game of the two.

#172 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@YD_11 said:

They're driving games...how can you associate how they play and feel while playing with videos. Have you played both these games?

Watching gameplay of DC where the driver slams into a corner at almost 90 degrees and bounces right back on track to even pass the cars in front of them is plenty to judge how it will play. Later in the same video the car careens off an invisible wall so it doesn't hit a boulder that is 10 feet off the track.

Meanwhile, the latest 20+ minute gameplay of FH2 i saw shows plenty of fun and rewarding gameplay free-roaming countries, various race types, and various forms of open versus modes like the "king" game type. You can meet up in local "hang outs" and swap car upgrades and designs and go from roaming around in single player to joining an online match seamlessly.

#173 Posted by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@tormentos: Yea GT did have tons of cars but I also remember frans being mad because they were using ps2 cars not to mention having different variations of the same car. Point is Forza still got the racing crown over GT.

@GrenadeLauncher: Did you check out the links I posted,you mad at the truth bro LMAO. Besides Eurogamer already said which game is better and they've played both.

#174 Edited by tormentos (26787 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@YD_11 said:

Watching gameplay of DC where the driver slams into a corner at almost 90 degrees and bounces right back on track to even pass the cars in front of them is plenty to judge how it will play. Later in the same video the car careens off an invisible wall so it doesn't hit a boulder that is 10 feet off the track.

Meanwhile, the latest 20+ minute gameplay of FH2 i saw shows plenty of fun and rewarding gameplay free-roaming countries, various race types, and various forms of open versus modes like the "king" game type. You can meet up in local "hang outs" and swap car upgrades and designs and go from roaming around in single player to joining an online match seamlessly.

Try to race with a Ferarri at 150MPH over grass in real life and tell me how it goes before you even give credivibily to FH2 as been better on that regard,driving race cars over mud or grass without the cars been prepeare for such type of racing will kill your car or worse kill you on the process,a Raly car can run trough mud,sand now do that with a street racing car and see well it goes,by the way DC is not a sim racer like GT even that it look mighty incredible.

FH2 is a glorified Need for speed..

#175 Posted by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@tormentos: Forza is glorified NFS? Stop with the jokes the only thing Dc does better than Forza is graphics, live with it. The weather comment I made was to show that DC only made a big deal about weather after finding out about Forza's model atmosphere, there is no excuse when DC gets the weather patch it will still not be on the same scale as Forza's. Having weather work one race at a time is not the same as having a continuous atmosphere that covers France and Italy. You can't even tune cars in DC, so basically the fastest car will always win. I think DC has awesome graphics but I also feel like they sacrificed everything that makes racing games fun to make it look that good. What's your excuse for that.

#176 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@GrenadeLauncher: Did you check out the links I posted,you mad at the truth bro LMAO. Besides Eurogamer already said which game is better and they've played both.

lol Flopza 4.5 bombed compared to GT5. Eurogamer likes both DC and Flopza Horizon 1.5, so it seems you might be SOL.

@YD_11 said:

Redmond, please, you have to be a lot more subtle than this.

#177 Posted by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: Yea but Forza is said to beat out both the crew and DC, sorry for your luck you seem to be SOL. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if DC gets delayed again so it won't get completely demolished by Forza and The Crew. DC has no substance.

#178 Posted by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: Yea but Forza is said to beat out both the crew and DC, sorry for your luck you seem to be SOL. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if DC gets delayed again so it won't get completely demolished by Forza and The Crew. DC has no substance.

#179 Edited by slim70 (768 posts) -

Driveclub is definitely a nice looking game it just looks so real. On the other hand Horizon offers a lot more; though I'm getting this sneaking suspicion that Sony may introduce micro-transactions which will add more missing content. It's possible. In the end though it will come down to gameplay so we shall see.

#180 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@GrenadeLauncher: Yea but Forza is said to beat out both the crew and DC,

Says who? One naff article? Lel. DC's got more right to call itself next-gen then 360 crossover Horizon 1.5.

I reckon Project CARS will smoke them all anyway.

#181 Posted by intotheminx (2590 posts) -

Forza has kind of proven itself as one of the better racing games, if not the best, so I trust that team. DC looks great graphically, but no one has played it yet. As far as PCars is concerned, I'm sure it will look better once the mods start rolling in.

#182 Posted by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: There's more out there but I'm not gonna quote them all, besides you'd probably just ignore the anyway. DC is a racing game that only lets you race after all of these years of development you cant even tune your car and it's a racing game. I'll say it again this game has amazing graphics but it seems they put all of the effort into graphics because there is no substance, 50 cars and 55 tracks and that's for the full edition. No tuning, no exploring, no finding secret cars, no depth.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

Looking at that list how much of that stuff actually adds playtime and substance to the game? Will anything from that list make the replay value of DC any higher? It's just a hype list at best

13. Some tracks boast more than 1.2 million road-side trees

14. There are more than 100 different varieties of trees, bushes, mosses, and flowers.

15. Wildlife is realistically tied into the day/night cycle. You’ll see flies and butterflies only during the day, and moths and bats only at night.

16. One of the India tracks features a tea plantation with a sprinkler system that turns off and on at set times during the day.

17. The Indian track Chungara Lake boasts a 19,000-strong flock of pink flamingos, all behaving independently of each other.

18. …and look out for the seagulls in Scotland, roosting crows in Norway, Canadian geese, and vultures in Chile!

19. Spectators are placed in realistic spots where they would feasibly enjoy a good view of the race. This is done by hand, by Neil Sproston, a senior track designer who’s a real life race enthusiast. Neil regularly clambers over walls and fences in pursuit of a good viewing spot for a real life race. Duly, Evo leveraged his expertise!

20. Spectators dress for the weather — if it’s a cold night, expect them to be sporting hats and gloves. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

And the hype list goes on, some of the tech they mention you're like that's cool then you get to another like this 36. Conversion of kinetic energy to heat is physically modelled to accurately render the temperature and glow color of brake discs. and I'm like WTF.

Also the Forza team actually rode in the cars with drivers over different terrain to get the exact sounds and feel each car would have driving over different surfaces. None of this:

44. Although not a sim, Driveclub’s handling model is based on real world physics, using technical data about performance provided directly by the manufacturers.

45. To fine-tune the performance of every vehicle, a virtual “rolling road” test is used to check acceleration, top speed, weight distribution, and braking performance.

#183 Posted by delta3074 (19960 posts) -

Graphically it goes to Driveclub but thats no surprise it's a linear arcade racer, Forza horizon 2 will be the better game because it's a sandbox racer with more content and more cars.

TC, it's not really a fair comparison IMO

#184 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@GrenadeLauncher: There's more out there but I'm not gonna quote them all, besides you'd probably just ignore the anyway. DC is a racing game that only lets you race after all of these years of development you cant even tune your car and it's a racing game. I'll say it again this game has amazing graphics but it seems they put all of the effort into graphics because there is no substance, 50 cars and 55 tracks and that's for the full edition. No tuning, no exploring, no finding secret cars, no depth.

I fail to see how driving through empty fields in faux Southern Europe is rewarding but there you go.

44. Although not a sim, Driveclub’s handling model is based on real world physics, using technical data about performance provided directly by the manufacturers.

45. To fine-tune the performance of every vehicle, a virtual “rolling road” test is used to check acceleration, top speed, weight distribution, and braking performance.

You don't see how that could improve gameplay in a racing game?

#185 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

Looking at that list how much of that stuff actually adds playtime and substance to the game? Will anything from that list make the replay value of DC any higher? It's just a hype list at best

13. Some tracks boast more than 1.2 million road-side trees

14. There are more than 100 different varieties of trees, bushes, mosses, and flowers.

15. Wildlife is realistically tied into the day/night cycle. You’ll see flies and butterflies only during the day, and moths and bats only at night.

16. One of the India tracks features a tea plantation with a sprinkler system that turns off and on at set times during the day.

17. The Indian track Chungara Lake boasts a 19,000-strong flock of pink flamingos, all behaving independently of each other.

18. …and look out for the seagulls in Scotland, roosting crows in Norway, Canadian geese, and vultures in Chile!

19. Spectators are placed in realistic spots where they would feasibly enjoy a good view of the race. This is done by hand, by Neil Sproston, a senior track designer who’s a real life race enthusiast. Neil regularly clambers over walls and fences in pursuit of a good viewing spot for a real life race. Duly, Evo leveraged his expertise!

20. Spectators dress for the weather — if it’s a cold night, expect them to be sporting hats and gloves. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

And the hype list goes on, some of the tech they mention you're like that's cool then you get to another like this 36. Conversion of kinetic energy to heat is physically modelled to accurately render the temperature and glow color of brake discs. and I'm like WTF.

Also the Forza team actually rode in the cars with drivers over different terrain to get the exact sounds and feel each car would have driving over different surfaces. None of this:

Number 16................I can't stop laughing! You know a game is gonna suck when the dev has to point out things other than racing, damage modeling, the 12 car clubs........etc.

What did they expect? "The sprinklers turning on at 5:32 P.M. sold me on it."

#186 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It's called immersion, Justin. And you still can't read.

Stick to Twitter.

Cute gif btw. Which parallel universe is that taking place in after the beating Phil's had the last week and a half?

#188 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Hahaha, that list, instead of putting so much time in useless stuff, maybe try to improve gameplay? Just an idea... Add car tuning instead of a sprinkler system.

What a surprise, Slow Robert can't read either.

Car tuning isn't necessary outside of a car sim. Looks like Flopza Horizon 1.5 is trying to be a mess. Reflects the hardware it's on, I suppose.

#191 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

Hahaha, that list, instead of putting so much time in useless stuff, maybe try to improve gameplay? Just an idea... Add car tuning instead of a sprinkler system.

What a surprise, Slow Robert can't read either.

Car tuning isn't necessary outside of a car sim. Looks like Flopza Horizon 1.5 is trying to be a mess. Reflects the hardware it's on, I suppose.

Haha not necessary, sure whatever makes you sleep at night. Have fun on PS3.5

I will. Have fun on Xbox Done with last gen's games. :)

#193 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6607 posts) -

The fatc that DC doesn't have performance customization is a huge minus for me. I love to customize both visuals and performance. Even in arcade racers, tuning can heavily affect the handling of the car.

From my small research, i'd say Horizon looks better

- 4x more cars and greater variety of vehicles, like vans. From my knowledge, DC onyl has exotic rides

- open world with exploration. Though DC does have 55 tracks with different environments, which means FH2 needs to have number of races.

- Visual and performance customization. Though i need to know which game has the more vinyls.

- More variety of content. I've already seen races with more off road type cars, so, from my small info gather, FH2 doe shave greater diversity of challenges and races like time trials, challenges, and even random racing against other AIs in the open.

I'd say Horizon offers a more complete and fun exprience due to it's greater arcade like focus.

DC clearly is going for a more half sim, half arcade style, but, with onyl 50 cars, no tuning and the fact that it's not trully a sim, i just can't help but feel it's another closed track racer, like GRID autosport recently.

With that said, FH2 does have the "luck" of there being very little amount of arcade open world racers besides the crew. No new NFS this year for example

#194 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Still mad you can't play next-gen game TR? You've still got indie games on your indiestation

You mean the game also on 360? That last-gen game? LOL

Just hold on six months and I'll get the definitive edition on Wii U. :)

#196 Posted by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

I fail to see how driving through empty fields in faux Southern Europe is rewarding but there you go.

Lol I do see how it could improve gameplay but the fact is that the Forza team actually rode in the cars on real roads no virtual "rolling road" or technical information was used.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Jesus. The damage control over a couple of racers. Unreal!

@slimdogmilionar, get your head out of the shitter and admit that FH2 looks like a GameCube game next to DriveClub. There is no debate here. DC is more advanced. Shut your face lol. You seem desperate as hell to convince people otherwise. Quite sad :(

Do graphics alone make DC a better game? Look at my past post and learn to read I have admitted at least four times already that DC has awesome graphics. At this point I don't think you guys are ignoring that, I think it's painfully starting to sink in that you guys realize that graphic fidelity is the only arguing point you guys can make against Forza. I expect the graphics to be better than Horizon 1 on 360 which had good graphics for it's time, saying the graphics look like a gamecube game is taking it a bit far. I hope you can comeback with something other than name calling or graphic fidelity to trump the fact that Forza is a better game, I doubt it though.

Your post was null to begin with, and please try to explain how DC is more advanced than Forza aside from graphics next time around. Let's try and dispute them feature by feature.

#197 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

Lol I do see how it could improve gameplay but the fact is that the Forza team actually rode in the cars on real roads no virtual "rolling road" or technical information was used.

Considering you can't emulate the feel of riding in a real car in a videogame, I fail to see that relevance other than the devs enjoying the perks of the job on Phil's expense. Nice thinking.

#199 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
Funny you say that since Uncharted 4 WILL be next gen and TR will be a 360 port. On the weaker console. Hypeing TR's graphics is pointless.

Hahaha, classic cow, only caring about graphics, get a PC already...

Just dawning on you you're getting a 360 game in 2015?

#200 Posted by slimdogmilionar (990 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Considering you can't emulate the feel of riding in a real car in a videogame, I fail to see that relevance other than the devs enjoying the perks of the job on Phil's expense. Nice thinking.

Oh wow....so now virtual speculation is better than real life experimenting and data collecting? LMAO, just stop being biased and admit it already DC is all graphics, it's ok to admit that a game on a system other than yours is more fun, or has better content.