I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Holy shit!!! Makes Forza Horizon 2 look like a last gen game.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

I have to admit the graphics look incredible and the dynamic weather sounds terrific.....the game does not look as enjoyable as Forza 2 Horizon though....these short videos look like a drive with grandma.

Can someone tell me what's so enjoyable about horizon? I don't get it. Just driving through cornfields? Honest question, not trying to be an ass.

Also, holy shit at those graphics.

Cornfields??

The fun is in the racing, rallying, collecting and customizing of cars, what else would a racer be fun for?.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@Snugenz: That's his point. With the exception of the free rallying whenever you'd like, you'll still have racing, collecting and customizing of cars in each game. So it's kinda "weird" to compare a 15 second video and declare FH2 the "more enjoyable" game. :P

To be fair there are more videos of both games than the 15 second clip to judge.

But of course we will see when both games are released.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Snugenz

@Desmonic said:

@Snugenz: That's his point. With the exception of the free rallying whenever you'd like, you'll still have racing, collecting and customizing of cars in each game. So it's kinda "weird" to compare a 15 second video and declare FH2 the "more enjoyable" game. :P

Alright, well i'll put it another way then, TDU's freedom with Forza's customization, performance and framework and PGR's handling.

That's what's different about Forza Horizon it takes what 3 other good/great car games do well and combines them in a very good package.

So while i don't agree with anyone declaring either better from any pre-release footage, out of the gate FH2 seems to have much better pedigree and more potential. DC seems to be all flash and no substance atm but i really hope i'm wrong.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

All pretty, no substance. Like most Sony exclusives.

pretty much. never understood why people get so excited for a generic looking racing game

You two played it much, have you? Can I borrow it? :P

Sure, I have Forza 4, its the same fucking thing. All these closed course racing games are the same boring garbage. Ill take Burnout over this shit any day.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

the one thing that caught my eye is the raindrops move off the car with speed....in horizon 2 they dont move at all

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

I have to admit the graphics look incredible and the dynamic weather sounds terrific.....the game does not look as enjoyable as Forza 2 Horizon though....these short videos look like a drive with grandma.

Graphics look flat out amazing. Not a damn thing to criticize. They just need to ensure the gameplay and content is up to par. This may be the greatest fall ever for racing game fans.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Damn, whether looks good, worth the delay I'd imagine. Anyhow, I really would love to see what Evolution could accomplish on the PS4 if they tried to make a new Motorstorm game, I'd be more interested in that than Drive Club.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

@silversix_ said:

Yet again lems are left in the dust with their Forza.

That's a joke right. If i'm not mistaken you have to pick your conditions before you race in DC. Forza has a working model of Earth's atmoshpere which not only affects the weather but the color of the sky and how fast/slow the moisture in the world dries up.

Lets see here. Driveclub has more detailed cars, better looking environments, more realistic lighting, just as good weather effects that look even better. All in all a more technically advanced game graphically. That said, FH2 will be fantastic knowing Turn 10. Graphics aren't everything.

Can't really disagree with this. IMHO DC graphics are a 9.5, while FH2 is a 8.8. DC wins on looks, FH2 on content, but both are shaping up very well. Might be a review draw when its all said and done.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 chikenfriedrice

@scottpsfan14 said:

@chikenfriedrice: I bet you're thinking..

How so? I made a thread complimenting the game...the graphics looks dope. Let's see how that gameplay turns out.

I have a PS4, so I will get to judge both FH2 & DC when they come out.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

Can someone tell me what's so enjoyable about horizon? I don't get it. Just driving through cornfields? Honest question, not trying to be an ass.

Cornfields??

The fun is in the racing, rallying, collecting and customizing of cars, what else would a racer be fun for?.

Just watched some videos and always saw the cars driving through fields lol

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 chikenfriedrice

@scottpsfan14 said:

@chikenfriedrice: Well then you win at having consoles. Best way really.

It is.....I favor the Xbox but I am a gamer first. I won't hate on a PS4 game for no reason, credit where credit is due!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Holy crap the raining one looks real. That's just sick.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

@silversix_ said:

That's a joke right. If i'm not mistaken you have to pick your conditions before you race in DC. Forza has a working model of Earth's atmoshpere which not only affects the weather but the color of the sky and how fast/slow the moisture in the world dries up.

You can pre-select it yes, like any racing game with a weather system but I don't think you have to, if you don't want to. That would be kinda silly :P Though for more details, it's best you check the link in the OP (it goes into some detail on how the system works).

I remember F1 games on the PS2 that had a dynamic weather system that changed over the course of a race. I miss Studio Liverpool :(

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#74 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

LOL Weather DLC. Just LOL

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

FH2 has everything DC has but a lot more. DC and FH2 will both have online races. I know in FH1 there was a variety of online racing and not just straight racing. I do not know if DC will have a variety like FH does in online racing. FH2 has 4 times more cars, far more customization, weather on release, free roam, rally racing and more. Just being able to drive a new car around in free roam is a great help by itself. It is much easier to become comfortable with a new car for when you do race against players. You can also have a ton of fun in free roam such as my wife and I used to take cars such as bugatti veyron and see who could get the best jumps or fastest speeds before crashing. Plus there are events all over the map and free roam events.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

No rain/water spray from the tires on the windshield and no wiper that I saw.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#78 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I think game looks great and I'm not a big enough racer fan to discern what it does great and not. A great idea by Sony to try to combat the forza, forza horizon frequent releases. This and GT alternating is a business move in kind, imo

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Desmonic: DC looks fucking awesome. Can't wait.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

looking really appropriate

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@clyde46 said:

@Desmonic said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

You can pre-select it yes, like any racing game with a weather system but I don't think you have to, if you don't want to. That would be kinda silly :P Though for more details, it's best you check the link in the OP (it goes into some detail on how the system works).

I remember F1 games on the PS2 that had a dynamic weather system that changed over the course of a race. I miss Studio Liverpool :(

I *think* they mentioned this will have that too. There's an interview (from E3 I think) where they mention it can go from dry conditions, to wet, to dry again in a single race. Let me see if I can find that.

--

Edit: Here it is! it's actually from today lol

Yeh @slimdogmilionar was talking rubbish, DC is doing the same stuff; "...little details like rain forming puddles that can hold water, then dry out or get bigger depending on the terrain topology and changes to the temperature."

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@magicalclick: Not sure. They did show snowy tracks before, not sure if they have an active snow system within the weather system (as that would arguably be the hardest one to pull off).

One of the quotes from the link seems to suggest it's in the game.

“…and your headlights are reflecting on the snowflakes ahead of you…”

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

"Oooooh ahhhh"? Naw more like "Oh hahaha". Looks downgraded but still ok.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Snugenz

@Desmonic said:

@Snugenz said:

@Desmonic said:

Alright, well i'll put it another way then, TDU's freedom with Forza's customization, performance and framework and PGR's handling.

That's what's different about Forza Horizon it takes what 3 other good/great car games do well and combines them in a very good package.

So while i don't agree with anyone declaring either better from any pre-release footage, out of the gate FH2 seems to have much better pedigree and more potential. DC seems to be all flash and no substance atm but i really hope i'm wrong.

We'll have to wait and see on both accounts I suppose.Would be nice to have another good racing franchise (even if MS is already milking it along it's original source).

The gameplay previews on DC went from "eehhh...this is probably gonna suck" in 2013 to "oh! cool! this is fun!" in 2014. Even the dudes from that sim racing only site (can't remember the name) seemed to enjoy it well enough. I feel a lot of people are still judging DC on the 2013 info and previews while willfully ignoring the very positive 2014 previews.

It could still be a pretty turd (literally) but it seems the chances of that happening have decreased considerably.

The way i think it'll go down is like this...

• Graphics: DC (this is pretty much a certainty)
  • Handling: Draw (pure assumption on DC's behalf but for arguments sake lets imagine they're identical)
  • Customization/modes: FH2

So in this very basic and mostly presumptuous comparison it comes down to whether you'd prefer the prettier graphics or the deeper gameplay.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Desmonic said:

@chikenfriedrice: As I've said in the Lounge, the game looks amazing! That 1 year delay is really paying off! Remember the E3 2013 videos? Yuck!

Also can we please stop comparing Horizon 2 to DC? They're both racers yes, but one is an open world type racer and the other is a point to point (plus circuits) type racer. Not really two games in the "same boat" per say.

It's difficult not to compare the 2 since it feels like they are going head to head but I do understand they are 2 different types of racers. Cows will point out that Drive Club looks better not taking in to account FH2 is open world.

By that logic, both games are also going up against Mario Kart 8 this year. MK8 has a lead. That's three different types of racers, but it's worth considering.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

@silversix_ said:

Lets see here. Driveclub has more detailed cars, better looking environments, more realistic lighting, just as good weather effects that look even better. All in all a more technically advanced game graphically. That said, FH2 will be fantastic knowing Turn 10. Graphics aren't everything.

Actually, Playground Games is the lead developer of the "Forza Horizon" games, Turn 10 does the Forza Motorsport (proper) games. Turn 10 gets some credit for creating the engine that Playground uses to make Forza Horizon 1 and Forza Horizon 2 and Turn 10 does provide support, but it's a Playground Games game. Just wanted to explain how it's possible that Xbox gets a Forza game every year since 2011. M$ stated that Forza will be an annual series between the two developers, like we saw with COD back in the day (Infinity Ward and Treyarch).

• 2011 Forza 4 360
  • 2012 Forza Horizon 1 360
  • 2013 Forza 5 Xbone
  • 2014 Forza Horizon 2 360 + Xbone
  • 2015 Forza 6? (Unnannounced, but expected since Horizon 2 hasn't released)

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Yeah, that beats Project CARS. Shame about the 30 fps though.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

All pretty, no substance. Like most Sony exclusives.

pretty much. never understood why people get so excited for a generic looking racing game

You two played it much, have you? Can I borrow it? :P

calls this generic, hypes forza, then wonders why people consider him a clown, lol.

On topic: holy geezus that looks awesome.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#94  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

this looks miles ahead of forza horizon 2 and ahead of PCars!

lol pc and XposBone!!!!

next gen starts when sony says it starts!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

this looks miles ahead of forza horizon 2 and ahead of PC.

lol pc and XposBone!!!!

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@lglz1337 said:

this looks miles ahead of forza horizon 2 and ahead of PC.

lol pc and XposBone!!!!

next gen starts when sony says it starts!!

30FPS is next gen? The game looks awesome graphically but cows tend to take things too damn far.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I see they are back to releasing 10 second clips. Delay inbound.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#98 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: here we go pc spreadsheet crap and still nothing on bs pc beats a 400$ ps4

bb bb bbbut the 30fps

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

I don't like racing games but that sure is purdy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@chikenfriedrice: here we go pc spreadsheet crap and still nothing on bs pc beats a 400$ ps4

bb bb bbbut the 30fps

My PC plays BF4 at 1080p/60fps, that beats the PS4